Monday, July 11, 2016

Paralogue 9.5: Those Who Cannot Control Themselves

Featuring: Sula, Yavae, Kazama, Vivianna

[9:20 PM] Kwakado: A fell neigh echoes through the night, as Sula and Shimi soar over the taverns and shops.
[9:24 PM] Kwakado: "Hush, Shimi-e, it is so late!" Sula strokes her mane. "What are you worried about ?"
[10:18 PM] Kwakado: ...Nothing, as usual. Sula turned his head.
[10:18 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae is walking(edited)
[10:19 PM] Kwakado: " Keiji-i, Lebo-Lebi ~ Kasu Kano Ka-hiyum-bekke ~"
[10:20 PM] Kwakado: Not even singing seemed to quell the beast, which continued to flap in agitation. Sula sighed and motioned to descend...
[10:20 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae is still just walking
[10:21 PM] Kwakado: Frustrated, Sula starts making up his own song, eyes closed, drifting too close to the streets.
[10:21 PM] Kwakado: "Ooooh ~ Demon's in the garden, picking at the lotus, gonna get his suit all red ~"(edited)
[10:22 PM] Kwakado: They're about to collide.
[10:22 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She moves out of the way "Watch it, imbecile."
[10:23 PM] Kwakado: "Whhoooaoaooaaaa ~" Sula yanks the reins to the side and is promptly bucked off by Shimi, landing in the street as she gallops past. Yavae can hear a muffled: "Kwemo..."(edited)
[10:24 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I thought you knew how to ride her."
[10:24 PM] Kwakado: "....So did I." Sula smiles morbidly. "Strange times, here, strange city--Oh! Yava!"
[10:24 PM] Kwakado: He picks himself up in a hurry, and runs up to her
[10:25 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yavae."
[10:25 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Are you going to catch her?"
[10:26 PM] Kwakado: Sula's eyebrow raises at her forwardness, then back at the horse. "No need. She will come back when she is ready. Ah, have you seen Vivi today?"
[10:26 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yes, why?" She begins walking in the direction of the pegasus
[10:27 PM] Kwakado: Sula follows to the side, cracking out his back. "I...I have not had a chance to train with Leo-din today. The wind tells me those two have been getting along quite well lately, ha ha ha."
[10:28 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "She turned him down and he turned into a blubbering idiot, I straightened him out already."
[10:28 PM] Kwakado: Sula blinks. "...so soon. He is alive, then?"
[10:28 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Of course."
[10:29 PM] Kwakado: Sula sighs in relief. "Ba-ba, then." The pegasus turned the corner and started riding towards them. "You are a friend of hers, uu?"(edited)
[10:30 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yes, and?"
[10:31 PM] Kwakado: "I do not know if they have pegasi on your island, but that girl is a natural. I wanted to get some pointers from her, ha!" Shimi's gallop slows.
[10:31 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I see. Perhaps... Could I try riding her? Or would I weigh too much?"
[10:33 PM] Kwakado: Sula's pace halts for a moment. "Uu.." He nods. "Something like that. But you may certainly try - you will both come out of it alive, I am sure."
[10:33 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I see. I will ask her then." She stops and looks at the Pegasus
[10:34 PM] Kwakado: Shimi steps back from the giant woman, but their eyes meet. "I should warn you--" ...He watches and waits.
[10:36 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Shimi, is it?" Her stance is proud, not breaking eye contact, but it is not threatening. "I will force you to do nothing, pegasus, but I currently wish to attempt to ride you. Make it clear your thoughts on this."
[10:38 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's hooves are unsteady, clopping back and forth, but she steadies herself.
[10:38 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Are you in agreement then, Shimi?"
[10:39 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's wings stretch wide, and her dark head lowers.
[10:42 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I see. Well, you will make your intentions clear soon enough." Slowly and calmly she walks to the pegasus's side and attempts to climb onto her saddle
[10:42 PM] Kwakado: Perhaps unsurprisingly, Shimi rears back, sending a hoof towards the warrior's face at an alarming speed and letting out a shrill whinny.
[10:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She holds her arm in the way, blocking it without much harm "Very well then, Shimi."
[10:44 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's wings launch her into the air, nearly trampling Yavae as she flies to Sula's side. "Please do not worry. Shimi-e...hates humans."
[10:45 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do not bother with trying to comfort me. Shimi has made her decision and I will abide by it." She still seems fine
[10:46 PM] Kwakado: Sula smiles with relief, nuzzling Shimi-e with his own head. "In a city like this, I cannot help but understand why she feels that way, ha."
[10:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, perhaps she will change her mind."
[10:48 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama yawns, stretching. What an odd dream I had... I shouldn't be sleeping on the job... He comes across Sula, waving. "Ah, Sula! Kwemo!"
[10:48 PM] Kwakado: "I pray she does..." Sula looks up at the moon. "But we cannot fight fate, can we? To go against our own nature is the greatest Nan--Oh!"(edited)
[10:49 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm..?" She looks in his direction
[10:49 PM] Kwakado: "Kaza-mo!"
[10:49 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Oh, it's the ninja again."
[10:49 PM] Kwakado: Embracing Shimi-e, he returns the wave.
[10:50 PM] AOMRocks20: He approaches the two, waving at Yavae. "Ah, hello, Yavae. I see you've met Sula, as well?"
[10:50 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Indeed. I just spoke with his mount."
[10:50 PM] Kwakado: Sula raises another eyebrow at the ninja's apparent grasp of Dwabi language.
[10:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. Did it tell you anything noteworthy?" He smirks beneath his mask..(edited)
[10:51 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "She told me what I needed to know from her."
[10:54 PM] Kwakado: Sula points his palm skyward. "It was a good first meeting. Yava has already accepted Shimi-e's heart, and one day Shimi-e may accept hers."
[10:54 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yavae."
[10:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, so your mount is named Shimi-e?"
[10:55 PM] Kwakado: "Shimi."
[10:55 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And it was to be expected, my heart can be rather intimidating."
[10:56 PM] Kwakado: Sula gives the Flame Tribe woman a stern look. "Well whatever it is, stop talking to me like some kind of cheap dancer boy, Yava!"
[10:56 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "My name is Yavae, Sula."
[10:58 PM] Kwakado: Sula stops, twitches a bit, blushing. "O-of course. I...wonder if maybe I am feeling as Nanyo as Shimi-e tonight."
[10:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama places his hands on his hips. "Shimi is feeling Nanyo?"
[10:59 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What is Nanyo?"
[11:00 PM] Kwakado: "Hard to say, day by day..." Sula strokes his scroll. "Bad food, bad choices...bad city"
[11:00 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama raises an eyebrow. "You think Amaterasu it bad?"
[11:01 PM] Mika: Vivianna walks back, trying to get home before dark when she notices some familiar faces "...Shimi!"
[11:01 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm..? Hello Vivi."
[11:02 PM] Mika: "Oh and hello everyone else."
[11:02 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama gives Vivianna a small, almost dismissive wave.
[11:02 PM] Kwakado: Sula opens up his scroll around his face, and begins reciting... "Hard to say, day by day / If Nanyo or Kwemo "(edited)
[11:03 PM] Mika: She notices and ignores it as she gets closer. "I have missed you Shimi."
[11:03 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "So, I attempted to ride Shimi."
[11:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "You did? How did that work out?"
[11:03 PM] Mika: "Did she let you?"
[11:04 PM] Kwakado: Shimi suddenly runs at Vivi, with a little more fury than she's used to
[11:04 PM] Mika: Vivianna jumps but doesn't move. "She missed me too!"
[11:04 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "She did not accept me as a rider, though I understand."
[11:05 PM] Kwakado: Shimi stops in front of the singer, letting her wings come back to her sides. Sula waits awkwardly by a wall with his scroll.
[11:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. Too much muscle?"
[11:05 PM] Mika: She hugs her close. "Ohh Shimi, so much has happened."
[11:05 PM] Kwakado: Shimi lets out a ticklish snort.
[11:06 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "My presence tends to frighten most mounts."
[11:07 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. You can have a rather imposing stature at times."
[11:08 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Still, it is her choice."
[11:08 PM] Kwakado: "I can say," says a muffled voice from behind the Ox Spirit, "That you handled it quite well. Better than most."
[11:08 PM] Mika: "Shimi, I did bring a few snacks." She takes out some soft waffles.
[11:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, of course. I'm sure Shimi would warm up to you."
[11:09 PM] Kwakado: Sula's forehead nods. Shimi nibbles at the waffles, knocking most of them off onto the street
[11:10 PM] Mika: "Oh do you not like them?"
[11:10 PM] Kwakado: Shimi seems uninterested.
[11:11 PM] Mika: She frowns. "Shimi whats wrong?"
[11:11 PM] Kwakado: "I haven't been able to get away from her all day..." Sula lowers the Ox Spirit, his face still a bit red. "When I saw you and Leo-din, that was my only break, ha ha ha!"
[11:11 PM] AOMRocks20: "So, Yavae, what exactly brings you to Amaterasu?"
[11:12 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I told you, personal business."
[11:12 PM] Mika: She pats Shimi. "I guess you've been feeling down too."
[11:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, my apologies. Is this place at all different from the Fire Tribe?"
[11:13 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's head drifts from side to side.
[11:13 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Very."
[11:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? May I ask how so?"
[11:14 PM] Mika: Vivianna's smile drops. "Me too Shimi"
[11:14 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "If you did we would be here all week."
[11:15 PM] Kwakado: Sula walks over to the dejected mount. "Vivi, I wonder..." He looks back at Kazama, and blinks a little. "If maybe Shimi-e would like two riders tonight."
[11:15 PM] Mika: "I'd rather not."
[11:15 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I would ask her about it first."
[11:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "Mm? Is it truly that different?"
[11:15 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And yes, it is."
[11:16 PM] Kwakado: Sula fights back a frown. "I see, I see. Something on your mind, uu?"
[11:16 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She walks over to Shimi "[Shimi, I am going now. I will see you again one day perhaps.]"
[11:17 PM] Mika: Vivianna finally moves away from Shimi.
[11:17 PM] Kwakado: The dark pegasus gives Yavae an icy glare.
[11:17 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She returns the glare calmly, her own one showing nothing but calm authority
[11:18 PM] Kwakado: Sula steps in between them. "Good-night, Ya-ve. Kwemo to your visit!"
[11:18 PM] Mika: Vivi sighs, even Shimi couldn't make her feel better. "Ah Yavae, I'm buying two rooms.
[11:18 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm..? What do you mean, Vivi?"
[11:19 PM] Mika: "One for the girls, one for the boys."
[11:19 PM] Kwakado: Sula turns to Kazama, approaching him with slow, deliberate steps. He shakes his leather scroll in his right hand.
[11:20 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I see." She looks back to Shimi, her expression the same as before
[11:21 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shuffles. I wonder how Leodin's doing.
[11:22 PM] Kwakado: "Do you know, Kaza-ma.." Sula's slippery smile quivers. "..how long I have to talk to the guards just to get into your stables?"
[11:22 PM] Mika: She nods and turns away, she needed a place to cry and a place to sleep, she hoped the meadow would be open and empty.
[11:22 PM] Kwakado: Shimi hasn't moved an inch.
[11:23 PM] Mika: Vivianna walks back over to her and just sits.
[11:23 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She is content to stay there then
[11:23 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama turns. "Hrm? Ah. Not at all, no."
[11:23 PM] Kwakado: Without exiting the staring contest, Shimi somehow wraps a wing over Vivianna.
[11:25 PM] Kwakado: Sula's eyes slam shut. "First night, two hours. Second night, half an hour. Third night, half an hour. They all want to see my ticket, they all ask me what Kwemo means, tell me the ticket doesn't match up right..."
[11:26 PM] Kwakado: Sula holds his chin in his left hand. "Shimi-e is upset, you see, to be away from her rider so long."
[11:26 PM] Mika: She leans on her and sighs. "Thank you Shimi.
[11:27 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shrugs. "My apologies. I have no control over the stables..."
[11:27 PM] Kwakado: The ebon wing draws closer. Tighter. It's a little hard to breathe.
[11:27 PM] Kwakado: Sula's smile instantly brightens. "Ah, I see then. You were surprised when I said maybe it was bad city."
[11:28 PM] Mika: "Shimi, please don't squeeze, you wouldn't want me to hug you super tight."
[11:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "I was. I had no problems when I first came here."
[11:29 PM] Kwakado: "I wonder if the Nanyo is mine, then...but I can only think of one bad deed I have done here."
[11:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "What is that?"
[11:30 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's whole body tenses up, fatigued from matching wills with Yavae.
[11:30 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae still seems to ave an icy calm
[11:30 PM] Mika: "Yavae stop! Shimi is getting tired!"
[11:31 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Strange, for the normally firey woman
[11:31 PM] Kwakado: Sula's arms fling out wide. "I forgot to give you a big thanks for our wonderful talk!"
[11:31 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Ah, I see. ...would you like a hug?"
[11:32 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I am showing her my metal, Vivi. I do not intend to hurt her, but she will know the strength I possess."
[11:32 PM] Kwakado: Sula slides the scroll's cord onto his elbow and claps his hands. "No, no, much more. I must treat you to the finest meal of your life."
[11:33 PM] Mika: "I understand but I feel like she's been having a bad day like me, please lay off some..please."
[11:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "...I... suppose I can accept that. Where will we be dining?"
[11:33 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I understand your worry, but this is entirely her choice. She may stop facing my strength at any moment."
[11:34 PM] Mika: "Shimi wouldn't it be nice if we could fly again, the sky didn't have all these weird problems."
[11:34 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's lips slide apart, revealing silvery teeth. "Ah, ah, forgive me Kaza-ma. But I have not found the place yet. Tomorrow though, I shall seek out the finest Dwabi food myself, taste it for Nanyo, then we shall meet there together."
[11:35 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She does not break her eye contact
[11:36 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "[To control others requires force. To control oneself requires strength. Those who cannot control themselves seek to control others, for force is an easier path than strength.]" She says to herself in the Fire Tribe tongue
[11:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "I see. Thank you very much, Sula."
[11:37 PM] Kwakado: "And bring your friend, too! I want to repay the royal family for showing me the second-best food in the city, of course."
[11:38 PM] Kwakado: Shimi puts a hoof forward, scraping at the tile. Vivianna can feel her wings start to shift...
[11:38 PM] AOMRocks20: "My friend? ...ah, Princess Lunarea?"
[11:38 PM] Mika: She moves away, too tired to say anything anymore
[11:38 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She doesn't budge.
[11:39 PM] Kwakado: "Ah, that would be lovely." Shimi's head lowers again. "But I've already seen her...What about Ellis?" Her wings expand, like black flowers unfolding.
[11:39 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae keeps looking her in the eyes calmly
[11:40 PM] Mika: She smiles. "She's always so graceful."
[11:40 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shrugs. "If I can haul her out of the castle, I will bring her with me."
[11:41 PM] Kwakado: "Do not tell me now. Give it a dream." Shimi's hoof picks up, her wings in a bold arc
[11:42 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Of course."
[11:42 PM] Mika: "Sula are there more pegauses out there?"
[11:43 PM] Kwakado: "I would be so Kwemo to feat with a woman like her...and I would love to tell everyone back home about her good taste, uu?"
[11:43 PM] Kwakado: Sula is transfixed, seemingly ignorant of his mount's behaviour.
[11:44 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Well, she just keeps her eyes locked on the pegasus's and crosses her arms
[11:45 PM] Kwakado: Shimi gives a single, furious flap, sending a gust whipping through Yavae's hair
[11:45 PM] Mika: "I guess he won't answer. I'm sure there must be. How else will there be baby pegaues."
[11:45 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Yes, I'm sure Princess Ellis has grand taste."
[11:45 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Her hair whips up from the wind, only adding to the powerful air of her appearance if anything
[11:46 PM] Kwakado: "Ah, but sometimes the...Dwabi back home, they do not believe they can trust a foreigner. Not until one of their own can tell the story himself."
[11:46 PM] Mika: "I wonder about unicorns, ah I love to meet a unicorn."
[11:46 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's flapping picks up, faster, quaking through Yavae's bones.
[11:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She refuses to budge, reciting to herself again "[To control others requires force. To control oneself requires strength. Those who cannot control themselves seek to control others, for force is an easier path than strength.]"
[11:48 PM] Kwakado: Shimi's whole body lowers, and the flapping grows into a howling gale.
[11:49 PM] Mika: "Could I dye Shimi wings..I think purple would look lovely on her." Vivianna frowns trying to control her hair
[11:49 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Which does little other than continue whipping up her hair
[11:49 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama yawns, shrugging. "My family was the same way, sometimes."
[11:50 PM] Mika: "And what does she like..no waffles, maybe just fresh fruit. I did bring a slice of apple pie."
[11:50 PM] Mika: "Maybe I should have gave her that."
[11:50 PM] Kwakado: Sula opens his mouth to retort, but can hardly hear Kazama's response over the wings of the pegasus. He turns around only to see it take flight, launching itself down the alley, its hooves galloping straight into the eyes of Yavae.
[11:51 PM] Kwakado: "Shimi-e!!!"
[11:51 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama turns. "Yavae!"
[11:51 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She raises her arms to block the hooves with some of her few pieces of armor
[11:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Shimi, I am disappointed in you. I thought you were stronger than this."
[11:52 PM] Mika: "Sula should I sing, would a song calm things down?"
[11:52 PM] Kwakado: Shimi slams into the warrior, hooves slamming into her body, teeth lunging at her face.
[11:52 PM] AOMRocks20: Attempting to block a charging horse... she's mad, isn't she?
[11:56 PM] Kwakado: "Shimi-eee!!!"
July 1, 2016
[12:00 AM] DiurnalKnight!: As the hooves collide with her gauntlets she is pushed back, her sandals sliding a few feet over the stone path until she comes to a stop, she pushes back with her gauntlets, forcing the pegasus back and back to the ground "Shimi, I am disappointed in you. To control others requires force. To control oneself requires strength. Those who cannot control themselves seek to control others, for force is an easier path than strength. I believed you possessed more strength than to give in to your own force so easily."(edited)
[12:01 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama palms his face.
[12:02 AM] Kwakado: Shimi does not relent. Wheezing, shrieking, lashing at her with hooves and wings, Shimi tries with all her force to break the Oni. Sula dashes towards the pegasus
[12:03 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Shimi, stop." She remains calm, her voice authoritative
[12:04 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama starts slowly striding over to them.
[12:04 AM] Kwakado: "S-shimieeee ~" Sula grabs at her saddle, blinded by tears. "Sula ba-ba-e ~" He drags himself onto her back. "Shimieeee~"(edited)
[12:05 AM] Kwakado: Through Vivi and Sula's songs, and Yavae's cool head, Shimi eventually relents, galloping away down the road.
[12:06 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm. Disappointing."
[12:06 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shakes his head, sighing. "For gods' sake..."
[12:07 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I thought she was better than this."
[12:07 AM] AOMRocks20: "...What do you mean, exactly?"
[12:08 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Weren't you listening? To control others requires force. To control oneself requires strength. Those who cannot control themselves seek to control others, for force is an easier path than strength."
[12:13 AM] AOMRocks20: "...I am aware of what you said."
[12:13 AM] AOMRocks20: "However, you have been conversing with an animal, Yavae."
[12:13 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "And?"
[12:13 AM] AOMRocks20: "They don't possess that type of reasoning."
[12:14 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I disagree."
[12:14 AM] Mika: "She didn't like being stared at."
[12:14 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I would have stopped when she did."
[12:14 AM] AOMRocks20: "I assume most things--be they animals or humans--wouldn't."
[12:15 AM] Mika: She nods
[12:15 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "As I just told you, if she wanted me to stop then she could have broken the contact."
[12:16 AM] AOMRocks20: "Yavae, animals are too simple to do such a thing."
[12:17 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "That is not true."
[12:19 AM] Mika: "Yes it is, most animals take a stare as a challenge."
[12:20 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I meant his comment that she was simple."
[12:21 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama sighs. "Yavae, if I took out a blade and challenged you to a duel right now, would you back down?"
[12:22 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "No."
[12:22 AM] AOMRocks20: "And why is that?"
[12:22 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I do not lack strength."
[12:24 AM] AOMRocks20: "The pegasus refused to back down for a similar reason, I would say."
[12:25 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I understand. I disagree with her choice."
[12:27 AM] AOMRocks20: "I... see. You understand that she's an animal, right?"
[12:28 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "We have gone over this already."
[12:29 AM] AOMRocks20: "I know. I would recommend lowering your expectations of her."
[12:32 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "A beast is capable of recognizing Strength and Force."
[12:33 AM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps, but not the concepts behind what you're saying."
[12:34 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "They don't need to understand everything. The knowledge of Strength and Force is innate."
[12:36 AM] AOMRocks20: "From what it seems, they understand strength as how much power something has, and force as applying that strength to change something. They don't have down the ideas of controlling others--Sula's pegasus barely controls itself."
[12:36 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Meaning it lacks strength."
[12:37 AM] AOMRocks20: "To you, perhaps. But to it, it possesses enough strength to move you."
[12:37 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "It possesses force. That is not the same."
[12:44 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "I suppose you are right."
[12:45 AM] AOMRocks20: "Yavae, I must leave. Good night to you."
[12:47 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama steps into a dark spot beneath a building and vanishes.
[12:47 AM] DiurnalKnight!: She begins walking back






No comments:

Post a Comment