Monday, July 11, 2016

Paralogue 8.1.3: Nom Nom Nom

Featuring: Sula, Kazama, Luna, Elwyn


[6:45 PM] Kwakado: Just then, a pitch-black Pegasus glides by as they walk towards the market, its ebon-feathered wings glistening against the sunlight. Its Dwabi rider bellows some kind of love song.(edited)
[6:47 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama raises an eyebrow. That song... He adjusts his mask, a bit uncomfortable.
[6:48 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna doesn't notice Kazama's change in pace, nor does she pay much attention to the black Pegasus. There was mostly food on her mind.
[6:48 PM] AOMRocks20: "S-So. Where do you wish to eat, milady?"
[6:50 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She clasped her hands together. "I'm craving a...wrap. Steak wrap? There's a nice stall around here somewhere. A beautiful steak wrap, filled with thin slices of steak, provolone cheese, diced onions, and topped with...gravy." Her words stir slightly as she appears to begin salivating.
[6:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "...How much would such a thing cost?"
[6:52 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She blinked. "...I, uhh, don't remember. I didn't pay much attention to that."
[6:52 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Five gold?"
[6:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. Not to worry. I can pay for that."
[6:53 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Great! Ah, there, over there!" Luna points to a stall with heavy smoke coming out of it. The pair seem to be in a street filled with food vendors. "Ever tried one before, Kazama?"
[6:54 PM] Kwakado: The pegasus touches down by the stalls, and Sula dismounts, looking around a bit perplexed and exhausted
[6:54 PM] AOMRocks20: He shakes his head. "If I have, I don't recall. Shall I buy three? One for myself, two for you?"
[6:54 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Four for me."
[6:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. How silly of me to assume." Kazama begins to head toward the stall.
[6:56 PM] Kwakado: Sula approaches the ninja. "Kwemo, sir, Kwemo!"
[6:56 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna follows behind him, her eyes fixated on the stall. She doesn't even seem to notice the Dwabi words.
[6:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama raises an eyebrow, still heading toward the stall. "...Hello to you too, sir."
[6:59 PM] Kwakado: Sula walks alongside, leading his pegasus. The pace of city life would never feel anything but demonic to him. "D-do you know where I can find some, some traditional Dwabi cooking here?"
[7:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm. I haven't tasted Dwabi cooking for a long time, but I do recall a stall or two claiming to serve such a thing around here." He reaches the stall, ordering six of the steak wraps Luna wanted.
[7:00 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna stands beside Kazama, staring longingly at the grill inside.
[7:00 PM] Mango: Elwyn casually enters with his horse Michel.
[7:02 PM] AOMRocks20: Eventually, they receive the food. Kazama carries all six in his arms. "Just in case you're still hungry, milady, I bought a fifth for you."
[7:02 PM] Mango: "I must thank Sir Kalenzo, he's given me the idea of buying a journal myself. Now, what other things do these stalls have to offer..."
[7:02 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Oh! A fifth one, you're too kind!"
[7:03 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She snatches all five at once from Kazama's hands and begins to devour them.
[7:03 PM] Kwakado: Sula glances at the ninja, then at the lady receiving his food. "I see, I see, Great Nanyo to stop a meal," he says mostly to himself.
[7:04 PM] Mango: "What on earth is that sound...is that a wolf--Oh, dear." Elwyn searched the source of the sound and finds this Woman casually eating the food like her life depends on it.
[7:04 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles, lightly nibbling on his wrap.
[7:04 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Two of the wraps disappeared already.
[7:04 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Nom nom nom.
[7:05 PM] Kwakado: Sula walks away, a bit ashamed, towards Elwyn, trying to keep Shimi away from yet another beautiful maiden. They nearly collide with the troubador. "Kwemo, sir, do you know where they have Dwabi food here?"
[7:06 PM] Mango: "Dwabi...?"
[7:06 PM] Mango: "Please excuse me, as I'm a foriegner myself. I don't really know much of the cultures here..."
[7:06 PM] Kwakado: "Ah, y-yes. My people. He rolls up his sleeve, showing an intricately-tattooed arm with the suntan of a thousand generations. "Best cooking in all the lands."
[7:07 PM] Mango: "Is that so?" Elwyn chuckled. "Well, I haven't heard of the Dwabi before, so I might as well help you and ask around."
[7:07 PM] Mango: "Pardon me, but...who is that woman?" Elwyn turned to whoever was devouring so many wraps.
[7:08 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Four wraps had now disappeared. Only one remained.
[7:08 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: ...
[7:08 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Oops, I got carried away again.
[7:08 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She wipes her mouth and eats the last wrap slowly.
[7:08 PM] Mango: "...It seems she almost finished with all her food."
[7:09 PM] Kwakado: Sula double-takes at the sight of it, eyes wide with respect.
[7:10 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles. "Getting full, milady?"
[7:10 PM] Mango: Elwyn was the opposite, he was more...awe-struck with feelings other than respect, but hey. People do as they like, so...
[7:11 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Mmm? Oh, not really. I told you I just wanted a snack."
[7:11 PM] Kwakado: Sula closes his eyes and hums to himself, lightly droning. He opens them. "Please, madam, tell me. This food here...how does it taste?"
[7:12 PM] Mango: "...Are you asking me?"
[7:12 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, I see. That's a great... snack."
[7:13 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna finally notices the Dwabi, turning her head to the side. "Are you talking to me, perchance?
[7:13 PM] Mango: Elwyn looks away. ...I wonder if she noticed me staring.
[7:14 PM] Kwakado: "Of course, of course! I have had many dishes in Amaterasu here...but none have ever brought such fire, such life in me!"
[7:15 PM] Kwakado: Sula is a bit too fascinated with the potential of these steak wraps to be too concerned with his expression, or the impressions of the lady before him
[7:15 PM] Mango: "I'm sure that woman was experiecing that very same flame in her..." He mumbled.
[7:16 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Well! I'm not sure many dishes can...ignite a Dwabi such as yourself, but you're welcome to try a wrap." She gestures to the stall behind her.
[7:18 PM] Kwakado: Sula gives Shimi a careful pat and leaves her for a moment, steps up to the stall line like a frenzied hunter.
[7:18 PM] Mango: "..."
[7:18 PM] Mango: "...Perhaps I'll try some as well, if it sparked such a flame in you then perhaps It will do the same for me."
[7:18 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles. "You've become quite popular, it seems, milady."
[7:19 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Nothing wrong with such a thing." She seems quite smug about the statement.
[7:20 PM] Mango: Better not let it get to your head... "Excuse me, Sir...?" Elwyn stood beside Sula.
[7:21 PM] Kwakado: Sula looked the vendor in the eye. "Ba-ba. He pointed to the previous customer. "Five of those, please."(edited)
[7:22 PM] Mango: I wonder if I suddenly turned invisible due to a spell... Elwyn spoke up. "I would like the same as well."
[7:22 PM] Mango: "But just a single one."
[7:23 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna finishes her final wrap. "So? What did you think?" She asks Kazama.
[7:24 PM] Kwakado: His prey in hand, Sula begins to feast on them. His disregard for etiquette - though not his pace overall - is on par with the princess's.
[7:25 PM] Mango: Elwyn ate his food slowly, he didn't know how these people could eat so quickly.
[7:26 PM] Kwakado: The first wrap gone, he takes in the curious new flavors. "Ommmm...."
[7:27 PM] Mango: "How could you eat so quickly...? Aren't you afraid of choking?"
[7:28 PM] Kwakado: Sula opens his mouth and raises another wrap. "Feeding, fighting...both take training, and lots of spirit." He lets the next one in the moment his sentence ends
[7:30 PM] Mango: "I see..." Elwyn looked back down at his wrap. "Well, I've got nothing to lose...."
[7:30 PM] Mango: He tried to match Sula's pace as he ate.
[7:30 PM] Mango: Hurk
[7:30 PM] Mango: its choking time
[7:31 PM] Kwakado: Sula finishes this one a little faster "Careful, madam! Feel the wind flow through you. Let it guide you!"
[7:31 PM] Mango: Elwyn quickly downs some water the vendor gave him. "...I'm not a madam...!"
[7:32 PM] Mango: He sighed and tried to fill his poor lungs with air.
[7:33 PM] Kwakado: "No, no, you are a warrior! Yes! More! Let the food become one with you!"
[7:34 PM] Mango: "Good grief...!"
[7:34 PM] Kwakado: Sula, overcome with relief, devours another steak wrap, demonstrating perfect form for his new disciple
[7:35 PM] Mango: "I meant it literally!"
[7:37 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: While Sula and Elwyn ate, Luna and Kazama had already left back to the castle.(edited)
[7:37 PM] Kwakado: "Literally? Ah, yes, yes of course sir. You just look very nice. And your eating isn't too bad either! Ha ha ha!"(edited)
[7:38 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama jerks up. "Hm? Ah? Milady?"
[7:39 PM] Kwakado: Sula eats the fourth wrap, slowly and casually.
[7:40 PM] Mango: "..." Elwyn sighed, he was smiling this time. "I suppose I'll take that as a compliment."
[7:42 PM] Kwakado: "I am sorry. In the land of Dwabi, there is no shame. Every day is feasting and fighting and baths." He extends a hand out to Elwyn, the final steak wrap in hand. "Would you like one more?"
[7:44 PM] Mango: "Oh, I appriciate it but I'm not hungry anymore, one wrap is enough for me."
[7:44 PM] Kwakado: "I see." Sula practically inhales it. "Forgive me, but I recently did battle with a masked demon. Takes a lot of food to come back from that, ha ha ha!" He strokes his midnight-colored pegasus lovingly.(edited)
[7:47 PM] Mango: "I see...?" Elwyn was confused. A masked demon? ...Weas he talking about Leodin? "...Huh. Is...that your pegasus?"
[7:49 PM] Kwakado: "Ah, yes. This is Shimi-e, my greatest duty." Sula embraces her, then turns to give the lady his opinion on the food.
[7:49 PM] Kwakado: "Ah---Hmm. She's gone."
[7:53 PM] Kwakado: Sula looks around, then closes his eyes, pondering the mysterious hungry woman. A Stormblade scribe's voice echoed through his heart.
[7:58 PM] Mango: "That...bodyguard of hers left too."
[7:59 PM] Kwakado: "Hmmm. In that case I should be returning to the castle. I like a good bath after Kwemo..."
[8:01 PM] Mango: "You work for the royal family?"
[8:02 PM] Kwakado: Sula smirked. "Not this one. Just a guest, here to prepare for more feasting, and fighting, and baths.. Come, let us be cleansed of Nanyo Amaterasu." He mounted Shimi, and motioned for Elwyn to join him.(edited)
[8:04 PM] Mango: Elwyn mounted Michel and followed along. "A guest? What do you mean?"
[8:07 PM] Kwakado: "I come on behalf of the people of Khlin, to the south." The riders make their way through the streets towards the castle. "This election is a big time for many kingdoms, you know."
[8:07 PM] Mango: "Oh, I see! So you're Khlin's representative?"
[8:08 PM] Mango: "That's quite an important job, is it difficult?"
[8:09 PM] Kwakado: "Very, very difficult. Why, I think that lady there was the young princess of this very kingdom, ha!" Sula gives a rather equine snort of frustration.
[8:10 PM] Mango: "T...That was the princess?!"
[8:11 PM] Mango: "Oh, Gods...I just insulted her in my mind!"
[8:11 PM] Kwakado: "Looked like her. From what I have heard, at least. I just pray we get a chance for a better meeting." Sula licked his lips, savoring the steak, as they drew near to the bathhouse(edited)
[8:15 PM] Mango: ===RP End===


No comments:

Post a Comment