Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 16.2: Is Your Honor Worth Your Life

Featuring: Claire, Versailles


[8:11 PM] [SPICY] bemun: After her jog, Claire returns to the inn. Oddly, her payment for the inn was taken care of. Claire having no memory of paying, wrote it off as she did it absent-mindedly. She enters the inn, sweaty and tired.
[8:13 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sits in the lobby eyes closed, face contorted in thought.
[8:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Versailles? If you keep making a face like that, you're gonna look like that forever Yknow."
[8:15 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles opens his eyes. He looks at Claire seriously. "Do I talk down to everyone?"
[8:17 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Huh? Where's that coming from? Of course you don't. Well, I wouldn't think so at least.'
[8:18 PM] spikethe3rd: "I talked to someone, and It became an argument. They argued that I shouldn't judge them or talk down to them."
[8:19 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles shakes his head. "I ramble off quotes a lot, That probably sounds high-and-mighty..."
[8:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Maybe it was their state of mind?"
[8:20 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I remember how you told me that a sound mind is able to stay level, and not act irrationally. Or something. Perhaps the person you were arguing with was just not in a good mood."
[8:23 PM] spikethe3rd: "No, I they were happy and smiling before the argument so I don't think it was a mood. I don't like to insult peoples minds, and this person was completely reasonable beforehand."
[8:28 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well..." Claire thinks for a bit. "What if they were hiding it? Or maybe they were doing well until a certain topic was brought up?"
[8:32 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles shudders at the word 'topic'.
[8:33 PM] spikethe3rd: "I want to tell you but I would rather resolve this with the person."
[8:34 PM] spikethe3rd: "There is no honor is backroom meetings" He quoted half-heartedly
[8:34 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "What about you? You seem a bit drained."
[8:35 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "If you want to solve this, you would want to make sure your mentally and emotionally healthy too, right?"(edited)
[8:36 PM] spikethe3rd: "Yes, that is why I was meditating on it." He gave a tired smile.
[8:38 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh I see..."
[8:40 PM] spikethe3rd: "I don't want to push my troubles on you. How was you day?"
[8:44 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, I just got a job as a bodyguard for 3 Interesting people. They're triplets."
[8:47 PM] spikethe3rd: "Thats good to hear as long as you stay safe."
[8:48 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Of course I'll do my best to stay safe. But I've been thinking ... If I was in a situation, when it's my bosses' lives, or mine. What should I choose."
[8:49 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Because if I choose myself. That would be selfish no? And that's not something a knight should do. A knight should protect those around them."
[8:49 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "But what's the point if I throw away my life in the process? There wouldn't be one, would there?"
[8:51 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ahh that is truly a conundrum. Is it worth trading your life for some coin? But is your honor worth your life?"
[8:52 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles becomes more himself at the philosophical question.
[8:52 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "My honour? I've never really thought about it, but what is one's honour?"
[8:52 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I've used that word a lot, but never got an actual definition of it."
[8:53 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well, will you regret promising to defend that person and not doing it? Your honor is kind of what people think of you and also your self image."
[8:53 PM] spikethe3rd: "I'd say its your ability to be trusted."
[8:55 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I see, my integrity."
[8:56 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, I gave those three my word that I would protect them. So if I failed to, that would mean I lied to them, wouldn't it?"
[8:58 PM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose, but I think it would depend on how much danger you are in. If you are to fall, surely these unprotected men shall fall, no? Would it not make sense to save one? Its a gruesome thought but many have argued this is the best course of action."
[9:00 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Hmm, I haven't thought of that. But I did think of how I would train myself so I would be able to protect them from everything. Which is ambitious I know, but I can't not try."
[9:03 PM] spikethe3rd: "And you are all the more commendable for it. I don't suppose they will go out of their way to make enemies. So I think you will be fine."
[9:04 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I hope I be fine. There's so much more I have yet to see if the world. In fact, my employers all come from a land I've never heard of."
[9:06 PM] spikethe3rd: "Interesting. I must ask though, do the triplets stay in the same vicinity of each other at all times? How else will you protect all three?"
[9:07 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I'm sure they do stay in the same vicinity, and they seem pretty close."
[9:07 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "And there's a friend of mine who's working with me."
[9:08 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh really? Thats good to hear. I was worried that you were going to have to work overtime to guard all three."
[9:10 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Heh, well, apparently they have heard of me, so I think they trust in my ability to protect them. And my friend being there makes it even easier."
[9:11 PM] spikethe3rd: "So your friend is just leeching off of your job?" he joked.
[9:12 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Hmm? Leeching? Well, if he's helping me, I wouldn't think of it as that."
[9:13 PM] spikethe3rd: "I know, I was saying that you could handle the job yourself and that he was an unnecessary extra." Versailles smiled.
[9:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I don't think he's unnecessary in the least. He's more skilled with the sword than I am, so it's more like I'm the unnecessary one."
[9:15 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sighed. "Well now I'm worried again."
[9:16 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Huh? Why?"
[9:18 PM] spikethe3rd: "I was initially joking, but if he is better than you, are there more? Worse if they are after your new clients." Versailles sighes again. "Don't worry about me, I'm just stressed. I believe in you and I just want you to be safe."
[9:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh no, first of all, there's only those 3 that we have to guard, and second, I will worry. You seem out of it today. Are you sure you're fine?"
[9:20 PM] spikethe3rd: "I mentioned my parents in the argument to try and convince the person, and now I've been rethinking about my dad."
[9:20 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh, what kind of thoughts were you having?"
[9:23 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well, the person mentioned how the'd never find love and they seemed so sure that love was the answer to their life. I can't imagine needing love that direly."(edited)
[9:25 PM] spikethe3rd: "I mean, my mom gave me everything she could and I was thinking that if my dad had been around, would I have had to share my mother's love?"
[9:25 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Hmm...."
[9:26 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, in my family, there wasn't really any 'sharing' of love. We all loved each other, my father, and mother. There was no real contest whether or not I got more love. They love me and I love them."
[9:27 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Of course I spent a lot of time with my father, he trained me. But some days I spend with my mother because I love her too and she teaches me outside of combat."
[9:29 PM] spikethe3rd: "I was just thinking about how my life would have been different. Its not that I'm unsatisfied with my life, but I was just thinking about it."
[9:31 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Hmm, I've never thought about how my life would be different if something changed... But something both my parents said was that I shouldn't think about the reality that's not mine, I should focus on the one I'm in right now, because that's the only reality I need."
[9:31 PM] spikethe3rd: "It sounds like you parents are smart people."
[9:32 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Heh, they taught me so much, and I still don't know a lot."
[9:35 PM] spikethe3rd: "Hah, its natural to be that way in a new place." Versailles shrugs, "I don't really know to much either in the scale of things but we can both work on being better versions of ourselves."
[9:35 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Right. And that's what friends should do, yeah?"(edited)
[9:36 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nods. "Yeah, I'm glad to have a friend like you Claire."
[9:38 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "M-me too. Oh right, I almost forgot to ask, but do you have a favourite food?"
[9:40 PM] spikethe3rd: "Uh..." Versailles twitches thinking about it. "I... I... like chocolate?"
[9:42 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Chocolate? You almost sound unsure..."
[9:43 PM] spikethe3rd: "No..." Versailles blushes. "I just really like chocolate."
[9:44 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I see." she's smiling but inside its 4th of July levels of party
[9:46 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well I'm sure we're both tired, and I don't want to keep you up."
[9:46 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Y-yeah, good night!"
[9:47 PM] spikethe3rd: "Good night." Versailles retreats, embarrassed by his admittance to his chocolate habit.
[9:48 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire returns to her room and quickly writes a note saying: "Chocolate"
[9:54 PM] [SPICY] bemun: ===rp end ===



No comments:

Post a Comment