Saturday, July 16, 2016

Paralogue 22.3: Raised as Sisters

Featuring: Claire, Alisa, Versailles



[7:58 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Early in the morning, Claire awakes to see her childhood friend sleeping on her bed, despite the situation, she is still overjoyed, after exchanging many words, the two exit the room, and resume their conversation in the main lobby.
[7:59 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sits in the lobby meditating and doing breathing exercises.
[8:02 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: As they speak, Claire mentions Versailles, whom alisa was able to find pretty easily. The two wait for him to finish meditating, Before calling him
[8:06 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles looks up at them and waves. "Good morning!"
[8:07 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [C] "Good morning! Here, come meet Alisa, the friend I told you about yesterday."
[8:08 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles stands up and walks over. "Nice to meet you Alisa, I am Versailles." he extends a hand to shake.
[8:09 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [A]"Alisa, pleasure to meet you too." she shakes his hand(edited)
[8:15 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "And thanks."
[8:16 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, for what?" Versailles raises an eyebrow
[8:16 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I grew up with this girl, I know how hard it could be to make sure she doesn't cause a disaster for herself and others."
[8:17 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "So I thank you for putting up wi-" at this point, Claire playfully punched alisa's shoulder. Really hard
[8:18 PM] spikethe3rd: "Haha, please it was my pleasure to spend time with Claire. She is a very kind person."
[8:19 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "She is, that's what causes some incidents" she says as she rubs her shoulder
[8:20 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [C] "anyways, why don't we all go for breakfast? I have some time before I have to go."
[8:21 PM] spikethe3rd: "Sounds good. OH! I have to give you this. Its a cake Vivianna made for you." Versailles hands Claire a small bag.
[8:22 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [A] leans over. "hasse dich nicht Kuchen ?" (don't you hate cakes?"
[8:23 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [C] "Oh! Uh, wow! Well, I'm not sure if we should cakes for breakfast. I'll have to thank her later as well."
[8:24 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: whispering "ja, jetzt pst" (yes, now shush)
[8:24 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Claire accepts the small bag
[8:26 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Well then, I guess I should put this in my room for safe keeping, and then we'll head out?"
[8:27 PM] spikethe3rd: "Sounds good" Versailles smiled glad to have passed on the gift.
[8:27 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Claire takes the bag to her room and places it on her bed and wonders what to do with it as she goes.
[8:27 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She returns.
[8:28 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Well, let's get going, we need to show Alisa around the city too."
[8:31 PM] spikethe3rd: "Alright. Tell me Alisa, how has Freyzenwald been for you?"
[8:32 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [A] Shrugs. "I dunno, it hasn't even been a day yet. But so far, it's very ... Diverse."
[8:32 PM] spikethe3rd: "In a good way I hope."
[8:34 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Whatever floats your boat."
[8:36 PM] spikethe3rd: "Um... shall we." Versailles is struck by her nonchalant attitude.
[8:39 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [C] nods and opens the door. As they exit, Claire leans in and whispers to Versailles. "Don't worry, she's always like that. But she's a really nice person, trust me."
[8:40 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nods understandingly.
[8:41 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [A] "A sniper must have a strong sense of hearing to be able to detect enemies who are trying to sneak up on them"
[8:41 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I can be a bit like that sometimes, please bear with me."
[8:42 PM] spikethe3rd: "Whatever floats your boat." Versailles teases.
[8:44 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Heh, funny. "
[8:44 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She gives like, a half smile that's still a smile
[8:45 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles smiles back.
[8:47 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "So, Versailles, what is it you do exactly? Monks aren't a thing in Nohr."
[8:49 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well, me and my fellow monks practice philosophy. We do menial labor and ponder the questions of the world."
[8:50 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Hmm, what kinda questions would those be?"
[8:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well such things as 'what is our purpose?' or 'is there a greater being out there?"
[8:53 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I see..." Alisa nods
[8:55 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Sorry, such topics don't interest me as much."
[8:55 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I imagine Claire was interested in it though?"
[8:56 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nods. "She asks very good questions. I am glad I could discuss with her."
[9:00 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "We did call her Curious Claire back in our team when we were training."
[9:01 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I have stories upon stories of the stuff she would do to satisfy her need to know." Alisa put her arm around Claire's shoulders
[9:01 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Like that time you dismantled my ballista to figure out how it works" she said she she gave her a noogie
[9:01 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Took me days to put it back together"
[9:02 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Anything crazy happen with her here?"(edited)
[9:09 PM] spikethe3rd: "Hmm..." Versailles thinks for a moment. "Not anything with me, we've only really chatted."
[9:10 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I see, I guess I'll have to grill some answers out of you." she pats Claire's head and let's go
[9:11 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [C] "You don't need to, I'll tell you all about it over breakfast!. Speaking of which, we're.... Here?"
[9:17 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Its a plain looking restaurant, doesn't appear to specialize in anything but feeding people who pay
[9:19 PM] spikethe3rd: "Smells delicious."
[9:19 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Well, let's go in!"
[9:24 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles opens the door for the two and waves them through.
[9:25 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: The three enter and make their way to a table
[9:26 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Claire and Alisa make their orders. Toast with jam for Claire, and a croissant for Alisa. As well as an assortment of fruits and other breakfasty foods
[9:26 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles orders some sausages and rice.(edited)
[9:28 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Their food arrives after some waiting
[9:29 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [C] "Oh wait, I should leave, if I stay, we may talk so much, I'll forget to go to work!"
[9:30 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She grabs her toast and holds it with her mouth as she picks up her apple.
[9:30 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh, well, be careful!"
[9:30 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I will! Bye!"
[9:30 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: [A] "and there she goes."
[9:31 PM] spikethe3rd: "She sure is always full of energy."
[9:32 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Always has, and probably will"
[9:33 PM] spikethe3rd: "You two seem very close. I'm glad you can be here with her." Versailles smiled
[9:33 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I'm glad too." she says as she began to eat
[9:34 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Our fathers were close childhood friends, and they still are close as two generals can be."
[9:35 PM] spikethe3rd: "I'm sure." Versailles nods, listening.
[9:36 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Alisa sees that and continues
[9:37 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "They apparently met when they were knights in training. My father was an amazing fighter on the horse, while her father was a walk no one could pass."
[9:37 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "They had an interesting dynamic."
[9:38 PM] spikethe3rd: "They sound undefeatable."(edited)
[9:39 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Well, seeing as they're still alive after all of the battles they've been in, they can keep that title."
[9:45 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nods again. "And if they are close, it is natural for their daughters to follow suit."
[9:45 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "We were practically raised as sisters."
[9:51 PM] spikethe3rd: "So was being separated difficult? I know Claire said she was stationed in some town."
[9:54 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Not really, we kept in touch, and our parents were easily able to relay information and letters and such, in fact, thats kinda their job, to have an ear in each town to figure out how things are going."
[9:55 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh, thats good. I know Claire complained about not getting any action. Are you as confident in her abilities as she is?"
[9:56 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Oh that bullsh-. Ahem I mean stuff..."
[9:57 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "In terms of her abilities, she's probably better than most of the knights."
[9:57 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "But it's her innocence that's the problem."
[9:57 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Everyone was happy for her to become a knight, but when it comes to combat, she has the mindset of the shield, not the sword"
[9:58 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "So yeah, our CO was hesitant to send her out to kill stuff. That was my job."
[9:59 PM] spikethe3rd: "I see... So do you think she should keep being a bodyguard? I am worried she might get hurt."
[9:59 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "She'll be fine, as long as she got support."
[10:00 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Her father said the exact same thing about himself. How a shield is only there so the protected can fight."
[10:01 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nodded. "Okay, I just wanted to know because I haven't seen her 'in action' and I have had nothing to go off of."
[10:02 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sighed. "Thank you, I am relieved to hear she should be alright."
[10:03 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "But going back to her problem of being too nice, that may be what will cause her the most trouble."
[10:05 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles tensed up again. "But she would protect herself if threatened, so she'll be fine, right?"(edited)
[10:05 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: Alisa takes a bite
[10:05 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "So, here's a story, of our first skirmish."
[10:07 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "It was me, her, a mage who couldn't run for more than 2 seconds, and 2 cavaliers who weren't extraordinary in any way."
[10:08 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "It went smoothly, the one cav stayed with Claire to attract the enemies attention, while the mage rode with the other cav to flank the enemy. And I was there, taking out any stragglers, and covering everyone."
[10:09 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Until, when we thought we were finished, a guy surrendered."
[10:09 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I didn't buy it, the Cavs didn't buy it, the mage didn't buy it."
[10:09 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "But Claire did"
[10:10 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Remember how I said I was covering everyone?"
[10:10 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She leans in. And points a finger at her left eye.
[10:11 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Its a pretty good fake, yeah? Sometimes, even our families forget about it."
[10:12 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles stares intently at it.
[10:14 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Heh, that may be why she's so curious about the world's questions." she says as she sits back
[10:14 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "She's trying to find her resolve."
[10:15 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sits back in his chair. He stares slightly upward in thought.
[10:16 PM] spikethe3rd: "I want to believe that Claire can take care of herself, but I don't want to see her get hurt."
[10:17 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Mhm, you an me both. But I dunno how to support someone outside of battle. Bows and Bolts is how I live. But you"
[10:18 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She says, looking at him.
[10:18 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Hm."
[10:19 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She thinks for a bit as well
[10:19 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Well let's just say, when I leave, I'm leaving her in your care."
[10:20 PM] spikethe3rd: "Uh, but I am no fighter!" Versailles objects worriedly.
[10:20 PM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose I can heal... But I'd rather she not get hurt to begin with."
[10:21 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Yknow that's an impossible wish, for her to not get hurt."
[10:22 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sighs. "yeah..."
[10:23 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "But she's durable, as long as you're there for her."
[10:24 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "And it seems you already got that part down pat."
[10:24 PM] spikethe3rd: "I'll make sure to be there for her." Versailles gave a nod.
[10:24 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh, but you said you're leaving. Are you headed back to Nohr?"
[10:27 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She shrugs. "Maybe"
[10:28 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Depends on a lot of things I'm not at liberty to say."
[10:30 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nods in understanding. "And so I won't pry. Well I wish you the best luck. I am going to go meditate and I'm sure you prefer alone time to small talk."
[10:30 PM] spikethe3rd: He laid some money down on the table.
[10:31 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "Thanks, and you're right, I do prefer alone time. But yknow, it gets lonely."
[10:31 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: She pays the amount due
[10:32 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: "I'll be, around. Who knows, I might run into you again."
[10:33 PM] spikethe3rd: "Yes, I'm sure we'll both see Claire and by the same token, each other." Versailles gives a small wave and departs.
[10:33 PM] [SPICY] bemoney: ===rp end===




No comments:

Post a Comment