Monday, July 11, 2016

Paralogue 9.2:The Pay for Being a Retainer


Featuring: Kazama, Claire


[4:19 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama makes his way outside of the castle and into the marketplace, where he searches for something to eat.
[4:26 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire struggles with her map, or rather, her lack of a map that she left in her room. Seeing as making the trip back would be far too tiresome, she decides to just wander aimlessly until she found a restaurant, and wander aimlessly she did
[4:28 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama sighs to himself, stopping inside a store that sold various grilled meats.
[4:32 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire sniffs the air a bit. oh, something smells good she's so focused on the scent, that she doesn't realize that she's walking into Kazama
[4:32 PM] [SPICY] bemun: bump
[4:32 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama backs up a bit. "Ah. Pardon me."
[4:33 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Huh? Oh goodness! I'm sorry."
[4:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, Miss. It's my fault."
[4:36 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "No, I wasn't looking where I was going, so I'm the one at fault"
[4:37 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, I was too lost in my thoughts to realize I was obstructing you."(edited)
[4:45 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Ah, I see." Claire says as she looks around at the restaurant. "Is this a place one may lunch?"
[4:45 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Yes, it is. They sell great food here."
[4:47 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Judging by the smells, it would seem so."
[4:49 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "It's one of the places I visit most."
[4:50 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Do you? What would you recommend? This is the first time I've seen this place."
[4:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, some of the beef here is delightfully cooked."
[5:01 PM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps I could order you some as an apology?"
[5:05 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh no need, but maybe you can just eat and talk with me. I'm new to this land, and there's much I don't know about it still, but I realize that talking with people is a good way to learn, so if you would, you will have my gratitude."
[5:06 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, alright. Usually it's started cooking once it's ordered, so shall we sit down?"
[5:08 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "So it is similar to the restaurants where I come from"
[5:21 PM] AOMRocks20: "It seems so!" Kazama takes a seat.
[5:22 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire sits with Kazama, leaning her sword against her chair
[5:23 PM] AOMRocks20: A waiter comes by. Kazama orders his food.
[5:24 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire asks about some of the items, and makes her order
[5:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "So, you're not from here?"
July 1, 2016
[11:06 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "No, I come from Nohr."
[11:06 AM] [SPICY] bemun: @AOMRocks20
[11:07 AM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, Nohr. Where in Nohr?"
[11:09 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "Windmire, the capital city."
[11:12 AM] AOMRocks20: "Do you mine there?"
[11:14 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "No, I was and am a knight in service to Nohr, I'm just on a little break."
[11:15 AM] AOMRocks20: "Really? You've come a very long way."
[11:17 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, maybe being away from home is what I need."
[11:18 AM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps. I'm glad, at least, that you came to Amaterasu. It's a very nice place."
[11:19 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "It is, it made realize how small my world was."
[11:21 AM] AOMRocks20: "Well, that's just because this is a very diverse city. I would say people of almost every path of life can be found here."
[11:22 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "I've noticed. I've met people of all sorts here."
[11:23 AM] AOMRocks20: "Really? Anyone interesting?"
[11:30 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, there's a Freyzenwald monk whom I've spoken with on many subjects of the human mind, body and soul, there's the two fire tribes women, one who appeared to be 7ft tall, while the other was about 5ft, there's a man from, forgive me, but I can't recall what his land is called, Dwabi? He speaks oddly but he seems like a very kind person..."
[11:31 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "There's the lady who also comes from Freyzenwald, she's strong with the sword and lance. And she's also a good friend."
[11:32 AM] AOMRocks20: "Really? How interesting. I've also met these tribeswoman, and the Dwabi man."
[11:39 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "I don't believe we've exchanged names yet, I'm Claire."
[11:40 AM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, yes, my apologies. I am Kazama."
[11:41 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "So, Kazama, what do you do?"
[11:42 AM] AOMRocks20: "Currently, I'm working as retainer for Princess Elliis, the royal family's youngest daughter."
[11:46 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "You're the princess's retainer!?" she asks as she leans forward in astonishment
[11:46 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "That's amazing!"
[11:47 AM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "It's an honor to serve. I'm bound to her for however long she lives."
[11:50 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "Wow... I would have never thought I would meet the princess's retainer, but where is she right now? Shouldn't you be with her?"(edited)
[11:51 AM] AOMRocks20: "Well, she's a bit of an introvert. Likes her alone time. She's also placed me in charge of security for the celebration."
[11:53 AM] [SPICY] bemun: "I see, how is it? Being her retainer? I always wondered what it would be like to directly serve the royals"(edited)
[11:55 AM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, it's delightful. Especially during a peacetime like this one."
[12:01 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "What are your responsibilties?"
[12:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "They're very broad--my job is to ensure Princess Ellis' well-being and follow her every order."
[12:09 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Ah, so your job is literally what your princess wants it to be?"
[12:11 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles, leaning in. "Essentially. Although you don't get tasked with that without having the proper skill."
[12:12 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I can see why, you can't have the princess be served by a person who can't satisfy all of the possible needs they can have."
[12:14 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "It took many, many years of personal training to learn to do so."
[12:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "What was your training?"
[12:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well... a lot of it was martial training. However, I'm also proficient in anything you would expect of a steward or servant."
[12:17 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Martial, so hand to hand combat? Yeah, I can imagine you would need to be proficient at weaponless combat"
[12:18 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, not just fighting with fists. I'm a rather proficient ninja."
[12:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "What do ninjas fight with? I've never really seen or heard all too much about them fin Nohr."
[12:19 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama leans back, and holds a shuriken between their faces. "Shuriken. They're much like knives--used for throwing or striking."
[12:20 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Can I ... Touch it?" she asks curiously
[12:21 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods, resting it on the table. "Go ahead."
[12:22 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire picks it up, examining the edges, trying to find out how one would even use such a weapon.
[12:23 PM] AOMRocks20: He scoffs. "Looks intimidating, doesn't it?"
[12:24 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Not intimidating, but, would interesting be a better word?"
[12:24 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, true."
[12:29 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire puts the shuriken back down. "But not for me I would guess, I'm used to fighting with a sword and shield, ranged combat is already far beyond my capabilities as a fighter."
[12:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, I disagree. You could certainly fight with swords designed for such a thing."
[12:31 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Such swords exist? Ones made to fight at range?"
[12:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. You can either throw them, or utilize their magical capability."
[12:44 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Throwing a sword?" Claire chuckles "but that'll leave me without a weapon, unless I carry another."
[12:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. They're similar to a javelin, really."
[12:46 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire visualizes a throwable sword. "I guess when I actually think about it is like a javelin. "But what about magic swords? Those would require one to be able in the arcane arts to use well, wouldn't it?"
[12:46 PM] AOMRocks20: He shrugs. "Not to use. But it would make it more powerful."
[12:47 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Hmm, I wonder if I would ever see one, a magic sword."
[12:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes, they are rather rare."
[1:57 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Have you ever come across one?"
[2:02 PM] AOMRocks20: "Some, yes. I was not properly trained to hanle them, though."
[2:03 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Who would use a magic sword better, a mage or a swordsman?"
[2:03 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I would imagine a swordsman can use it as a normal sword, but a mage can bring out the power."
[2:06 PM] AOMRocks20: "A mage would need to be trained in how to use a blade in order to properly wield a magic sword."
[2:08 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "And a swordsman would need to study the arcane ways to effectively use the magic."
[2:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. From what I hear, though, the sword has much more magical power charged into it than any spell."
[2:11 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Really? I guess it makes sense, a weapon designed to make someone who's mastered the sword and magic even more powerful."
[2:11 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I wonder if there's someone who can use their magic to strengthen themselves physically."
[2:12 PM] AOMRocks20: "That would be a very odd spell, though I would not say it would be surprising."
[2:13 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "It would be an odd spell, but it sounds so poweful, I would imagine there would be people searching for a way to cast it."
[2:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. I imagine it would make your strength unimaginably powerful--which would compensate a mage's low physical strength."
[2:17 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I wonder if there's a spell that does the opposite, using one's strength to enchance their magic... Heh, that just sounds silly now that I think about it."
[2:18 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "It would be especially odd--ah. Our food is here."
[2:20 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire got that really hungry look you get when you see your food coming at a restaurant
[2:22 PM] AOMRocks20: He pushes the shuriken over to Claire's side to left the waiter place their dishes. Kazama got a rather large strip of beef. It appeared to be almost completely blackened.
[2:23 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire's meal was a moderately sized chunk of meat. With some bread at the side
[2:23 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Looks a little, charred. Your meal."
[2:24 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nodded. "On the outside, it appears that way. Which is exactly how I like my meat."
[2:25 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "But it's the inside that matters, or something like that?"
[2:26 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles, nodding. "It's cooked nice enough on the inside. I like to have lots of char on my meat, but not too much."
[2:27 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Why? You're losing out on the outer layer of the meat."
[2:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "I love the taste." Kazama shakily takes a knife and fork.
[2:31 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I see, we all have different preferences after all." Claire begins to dig into her meal
[2:33 PM] AOMRocks20: He slowly starts cutting his food into small pieces.
[2:35 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Mmm, This is really good."
[2:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? What'd you get?" He hasn't even started, still cutting his meat into tiny cubes.
[2:40 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I don't remember the name, but it was the most familiar dish in terms of appearance. Judging by the taste, I think its cow."(edited)
[2:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. Sounds delicious." He finishes cutting up his meat, and takes off his mask. He places it on the table.
[2:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Do you always wear that mask? When you're not eating I mean."
[2:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, not always." He chuckled. "It would be a bit odd if I were wearing it to sleep, or in the bath."
[2:44 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Heh, that would be weird."
[2:46 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, I usually take it off if someone asks it of me."
[2:56 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Why do you wear it?"
[2:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "It's standard wear for a ninja. Hides one's face."
[2:58 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "So it's for tradition? Or something along those lines?"
[2:59 PM] AOMRocks20: He shrugs, then nods. "I... yes, I suppose it is."
[2:59 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "If it wasn't, would you still wear the mask?"
[2:59 PM] [SPICY] bemun: She asks before ripping out another piece of meat and eating it
[3:01 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chews on his little bitty burntcube for a little bit before answering. "...I... suppose I wouldn't."
[3:02 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I see."
[3:03 PM] AOMRocks20: He thinks to himself, chuckling. "Though I've never been one for tradition."(edited)
[3:04 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I believe one's preferences can vary depending on the topic."
[3:04 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Being a ninja must've been important for you if you follow it's traditions."
[3:05 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles, shaking his head. "Oh, no. It's not really... that important to me, but it's what I've learned."
[3:08 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Ah, maybe I'm mistaken then."
[3:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "It's."
[3:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hahahaha."
[3:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "Being a ninja is actually a family tradition..."
[3:10 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh? Is it now?"
[3:11 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes... For tens of thousands of years, my family have been ninja."(edited)
[3:23 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Your family gatherings must be interesting."
[3:25 PM] AOMRocks20: He shrugs. "I wouldn't know. I've been away from them for a long time."
[8:52 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Why is that?"
[8:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "...We... don't quite get along. Or, at least, I don't. They--"
[8:53 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama snickers, palming his face.
[8:54 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh, if it's a difficult situation, I won't force you to share."
[8:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "No-no, I can say it." Kazama giggles, and takes a deep breath. "My family c-can be very draconian."
[8:56 PM] AOMRocks20: GOOD GODS KAZAMA AFTER ALL THESE CENTURIES YOU FINALLY THOUGHT OF THAT
[8:56 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh, oh? Oh! Your family is of manaketes?"
[8:59 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods, chuckling. "Yes! Yes, they are! And they're also very strict."
[9:00 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I can imagine why, don't manakete grow really, really old? I can imagine your great-great grandfathers are still alive."
[9:02 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama sighed, nodding. "They are, they are."
[9:02 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "And they still keep their old ways as well?"
[9:05 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "It must have been tough growing up"
[9:07 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "It was, but they taught me everything I know."
[9:09 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "And you know a lot I would say."
[9:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "I...suppose I do, yes."
[9:10 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well at least something good came out of their toughness"
[9:11 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes... pardon me, but it's the first of the month, is it not?"
[9:11 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Is it? I'm not good at keeping track of the date..."
[9:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "I think it is."
[9:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "Sorry, I just have... matters to attend to on that date."
[9:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Excuse me" Claire waves for the waiter
[9:29 PM] AOMRocks20: The waiter comes over. "Yes, Miss? Would you two like to order something, perhaps a dessert?"
[9:29 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh, I'm fine for desserts, I was wondering if you knew what day it is today?"
[9:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "The thirty-first."
July 2, 2016
[7:50 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Ah, so I guess you don't have to attend your matters until tomorrow."
[8:08 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama sighs in relief. "Yes, thank goodness."
[8:12 PM] AOMRocks20: "So, that's enough talk about that matter... did you have anywhere you wanted to visit while you were here?"
[8:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "No place in particular. I, now that I think about it, I don't really have a plan after the party."
[8:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm. Perhaps I could show you around afterward, then? Be a sort of guide?"
[8:16 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I would be delighted, but shouldn't you be busy with making sure the celebrations go well, especially because you're the princess's retainer?"
[8:17 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm sure I could ask for some time off duty. Ellis is very understanding."
[8:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I guess, if she's alright with it."
[8:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Ah, but I have a good friend who would also need help in the city"
[8:24 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? Perhaps I could help the both of you."
[8:26 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "That would be much appreciated. I'm used to the city, but I seem to have a habit of getting lost"
[8:27 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. I take it you won't have trouble getting to where you're staying?" He chuckles.
[8:28 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I think so. Well, I hope so would be more accurate...."
[8:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Oh?" He raises an eyebrow.
[8:30 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I said before, I have a bad habit, and I mean a really bad habit of getting lost."
[8:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps I should guide you home, then?"
[8:31 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Could you? I feel that would be reassuring."
[8:32 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Will just following me do?"
[8:33 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I have a general idea on how to get home, I just see one thing, and then I get curious, and then I turn back and I'm already lost."
[8:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm." He snickers. "If I hold your hand like a child, will that stop you from getting sidetracked?"
[8:36 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire gets embarrassed at the joke. "That... Might actually help. Which is why it's so embarrassing to say. But ... yes"
[8:37 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama quickly puts on his mask, fidgeting with it. "Ah. I see."
[8:38 PM] AOMRocks20: "...So, shall I pay for this, and then we'll be off?"
[8:38 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh, I'll pay for my meal."
[8:39 PM] AOMRocks20: "Are you sure? The pay for being a retainer isn't half-bad."
[8:39 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "No, I couldn't possibly impose more onto you than I already have."
[8:40 PM] AOMRocks20: "Alright. Does Nohr keep you supplied with funds?"
[8:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "The pay isn't luxurious, but I should have enough if I'm responsible with my money"
[8:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "If anything bad happens, I could always try to find work."
[8:42 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. So you're on paid leave?" He chuckles, taking out a coin purse. "If only I were so lucky..."
[8:42 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Paid leave? What's that?"
[8:42 PM] AOMRocks20: "When you get paid while not doing your duty."
[8:43 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Wait what?"
[8:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "...are you getting paid while you're here?"
[8:44 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I was just told to take a break, I was never told about being paid over the break, it sounds silly, why should I be paid for not working?"
[8:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "So you're not getting paid right now, is that right?"
[8:45 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "N-no, I guess not."
[8:46 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, since you're not getting paid, and thus have a finite amount of money, I insist on paying for it all."
[8:47 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well I insist on paying for my meal, my money may be finite, but so is my dignity, and you paying for my meal will make me lose more dignity than I would lose money."
[8:49 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckled. "Of all the things... oh, fine. Pay away." But I'll pay for your food next time.
[8:50 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Thank you. For letting me pay for my meal, and for helping me."
[8:51 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "It's my pleasure, Claire." He sets out the coin to pay for his food.
[8:52 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire leaves her payment and heads out first
[8:53 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles, following after her.
[8:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Where'd you say you were staying?"
[8:53 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "So, the inn in staying at is..."
[8:53 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Uh"
[8:53 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Um"
[8:53 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh dear"
[8:54 PM] AOMRocks20: "...did you forget its name?"
[8:55 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "No it's name is Reallynormalinn, I just forgot where it is in relation to..."
[8:55 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Where are we?"
[8:56 PM] AOMRocks20: "The marketplace."
[8:57 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Yes, I can tell that much.... But where in the market place?"
[8:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "The... Eastern part."
[8:58 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "East, so..." Claire turns around, hoping to find a familiar landmark that may help her find her way.
[8:59 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "That way to the inn"
[8:59 PM] [SPICY] bemun: (She doesn't point in the right direction)
[9:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "Right." He holds out his hand.
[9:00 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire accepts defeat and grabs it
[9:02 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles, holding her hand as they head in that direction.
[9:03 PM] [SPICY] bemun: They get to the inn(edited)
[9:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Heeeeere we are." He lets go of Claire's hand. "I don't suppose I'll need to help you getting anywhere tomorrow?"
[9:07 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I, have no idea in all honesty... If you find me in city, I'll probably be lost, so that's a good hint for you."
[9:09 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "I see. I would offer to be your guide, but it's getting a bit late. I had a great time meeting you!"
[9:11 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Likewise. Thanks again, for getting me home."
[9:14 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Of course. I had fun with that, too. Oh, and..." He takes out a shuriken, handing it to her. "A gift. You seemed very interested in it at the restaurant."
[9:16 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire's eyes glimmer for a moment. "No, I couldn't possibly. You've already been so nice. No. I won't accept it. I don't even know how to use it, and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to."
[9:17 PM] AOMRocks20: He didn't move. "Come on, Claire. If I gift it to you later, you'd think it was lazy." Also I don't have much time before I have to get back to the castle Joshua's probably mad at me
[9:18 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire let's out a sigh. "Alright, I'll take it. Thank you. I'll practise with it diligently."
[9:19 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods, handing it to her carefully. "I have to go now. Hopefully we'll meet again, and you won't be lost."
[9:20 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Yes, until then. Goodnight!"
[9:20 PM] AOMRocks20: "Good night!" He vanishes.
[9:21 PM] [SPICY] bemun: ===rp end===





No comments:

Post a Comment