Sunday, July 10, 2016

Paralogue 3.1: Drunk with Some Monk



Featuring: Versailles, Claire

Versailles, a cosmopolitan philosopher-monk of Neko Shogun, meets Claire in the market district. Both a bit overwhelmed by the city, they decide to visit a bar together. Claire is introduced to fish, chopsticks, and sake; after a single glass of it she is completely drunk. Upon hearing her dissatisfaction about being sent away from Nohr, Versailles attempts a motivational speech but finds that Claire can hardly even walk, so he takes her to a room upstairs and talks with her until she passes out.

Claire wakes up the next morning with a hangover, and is visited by Versailles, whose Moon Festal cannot heal her headache. They find a grizzled, yet generic, apothecary who gives her some medicine at discount price.

[8:02 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles walks among the many stalls of the market district of Amaterasu, looking at the wares and smiling at the shopkeeps(edited)
[8:15 PM] bemun: Claire was navigating her way through a small map of Amaterasu, given to her by Edward. She was too engrossed in trying to find an inn, that she bumped right into a monk. thud "Oh! My apologies."
[8:17 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles smiled, "Forgiveness is easy when you feel no ill towards others"
[8:20 PM] spikethe3rd: He noticed the map in her hands and pointed at it. "Are you a traveler as well?"
[8:23 PM] bemun: "Well, kind of? My father sent me here to exand my horizons. I hail from Nohr. What about you? You said 'as well', so I'd assume you're travelling as well?"
[8:25 PM] spikethe3rd: "I am from a monastery in the south. These big cities are a bit much for me"
[8:26 PM] spikethe3rd: "He who seeks excitement tends to lack appreciation" he quoted.
[8:28 PM] bemun: The quote didn't really hit any definition in Claire's mind, so she did her best to change topics. "So what business would you have in the city? If you don't mind me asking"
[8:30 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, my mother has a textile shop here and I came to visit"
[8:30 PM] spikethe3rd: "I also heard about the upcoming election, and I thought I might stay for the festivities"
[8:34 PM] bemun: "Hm, well if you're having troubles with the crowdedness, shall I accompany you? I grew up in a city much like this..."
[8:35 PM] bemun: "I just happened to be a bit bad with maps" she sheepishly shrugs with her map in hand
[8:35 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles beamed with joy. "I would greatly appreciate that!"
[8:36 PM] spikethe3rd: "Company is the purest form of Happiness" He quoted again.
[8:39 PM] bemun: "Very well." she said with a smile. "Where would you like to go?"
[8:45 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, isn't that the question!" He laughed, thinking of the philosophical meaning. "Where to journey?" he said, drifting off into thought slightly
[8:47 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh, but weren't you headed somewhere?" He said realizing he was not answering the question.
[8:49 PM] bemun: "Well, I was following this map to find a nearby inn, but I've already gotten lost by this map so many times, I may as well have gone without one. I was never good at reading them anyways."
[8:54 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well, I was just going to find a place to eat if you'd like to help me decide what looks good" He gestured towards a street steaming from the outdoor cooking.
[9:04 PM] bemun: "Yes, a meal does sound great right now, I'll lead the way, you tell me if anything catches your eye, alright?"
[9:04 PM] bemun: "Oh and I don't think I caught your name get, I'm Claire, Claire Garris"
[9:08 PM] spikethe3rd: "I am Versailles Occam, its Valian" He explained in advance. "I hear that the fish from Neko Shogun is a delight"
[9:10 PM] bemun: "Very well, I'll keep an eye out for, Neck-co... Sh-shogun?" she awkwardly pronounced
[9:15 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ne-ko Sho-Gun" He enunciated. "Its a city to the north on the coast. They ship carts of it here for the large population."
[9:17 PM] bemun: Claire, feeling a tad embarassed at her mispronounciation, looked away to see something that seemed... Fishy
[9:18 PM] bemun: She points "that place seems to serve fish"
[9:23 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles looked at the place and took a sniff of the aroma coming from it. "It smells good!" He brushed aside the hanging cloth and motioned Claire to go first.
[9:27 PM] bemun: Claire nodded with a quick "Thank you" and entered.
[9:35 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sat down and motioned to the man behind the bar. "Can we get some fish?" motioning to Claire and himself.
[9:36 PM] spikethe3rd: The man nodded and started preparing the food
June 25, 2016
[10:51 AM] bemun: As the two sat down, Claire looked around, taking in the smells. "I've never eaten fish now that I think about it."
[10:53 AM] spikethe3rd: "Not near the ocean in Nohr? Here we are surrounded by water, so it is very commonplace"
[10:54 AM] bemun: "No, I grew up in the mainland, so the ocean was quite the trip, what does fish taste like?"
[10:56 AM] spikethe3rd: "Well it is salty and flavorful but the texture is what sets it apart from other meats"
[10:57 AM] bemun: "I see, but how does one go about storing it?"(edited)
[10:59 AM] spikethe3rd: "They tend to use salts and seasoning to preserve it, But some may smoke it as well"
[11:00 AM] bemun: Claire nods
[11:05 AM] bemun: "I wonder how different it is to prepare a fish compared to steak, or other meats."
[11:06 AM] spikethe3rd: "I think is it similar," Versailles paused in thought
[11:07 AM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose it may differ by culture though"
[11:14 AM] spikethe3rd: The Man finished cooking and placed the two plates in front of them
[11:15 AM] spikethe3rd: the dish consisted of one large fish, rice, and vegetables, a sauce poured across it all
[11:16 AM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, here it is!"
[11:43 AM] bemun: Claire observed the meal, most of the food wasn't foreign to her, minus the fish and the sauce. But the more confusing part were the two sticks the two were given
[11:44 AM] bemun: She picks them up and tries to figure them out
[11:45 AM] spikethe3rd: Versailles starts to dig in, ignorant of Claire's predicament.
[11:45 AM] bemun: Looking at how Versailles is utilising the utensils, Claire attempts to imitate him
[11:46 AM] bemun: First, it was breaking them apart
[11:46 AM] bemun: Claire grabs the two chopsticks and pulls them apart
[11:46 AM] bemun: Only to break off only the bottom half of one chopstick
[11:46 AM] bemun: "..."
[11:50 AM] spikethe3rd: Versailles looks at Claire not eating. "do you not like it?"
[11:52 AM] bemun: "I'm not sure, I haven't eaten any yet..."
[11:52 AM] bemun: She lifts her chopped sticks
[11:53 AM] spikethe3rd: "Oh dear. Can we get another pair?" He asks the man.
[11:53 AM] bemun: "Just, get me a fork."
[11:53 AM] bemun: She says in a defeated tone
[11:54 AM] spikethe3rd: The man nods knowingly at the foreigner and hands her a fork and knife
[11:54 AM] bemun: "Thank you."
[11:54 AM] bemun: Claire begins to eat
[11:58 AM] spikethe3rd: Versailles swallows the food in his mouth and motions to the man behind the counter
[11:59 AM] spikethe3rd: "Sake please!"
[11:59 AM] bemun: isn't that an alcoholic drink?
[12:02 PM] spikethe3rd: The man brings out two cups and the pot of warm alcohol
[12:03 PM] spikethe3rd: "To your prosperity in a new country" Versailles said pouring them both a drink
[12:03 PM] spikethe3rd: he slid one glass towards Claire and raised the other
[12:04 PM] bemun: Claire raises her glass
[12:06 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles taps his glass to hers and slams the drink
[12:06 PM] bemun: Claire follows suit
[12:06 PM] bemun: And her face immediately flushes red
[12:10 PM] bemun: "sniffle"
[12:11 PM] bemun: "What am I doing here?"
[12:11 PM] bemun: She slumps down onto the bar, tears streaming down her face
[12:11 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles pauses in the middle of refilling the glasses
[12:13 PM] spikethe3rd: "Um, what do you mean" He asks, putting the pot down
[12:16 PM] bemun: Claire loopily grabs his collar, trying to shake him, but only shaking herself. "I'm a knight of Nohr! And here I am drinking with someone I just met, in a land I've never been in, while eating food I never knew existed until a few minutes ago!"
[12:19 PM] spikethe3rd: "A friend is not a close acquaintance but rather a person who shares the same soul" Versailles said in an attempt to comfort
[12:21 PM] spikethe3rd: "I do not feel we need to have known each other for long to be friends"
[12:23 PM] bemun: "See? And then there's this!" she grabs his head with her hand. "Like, what's in there? An entire library? Every theological thought ever thought, ever? "
[12:24 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles grabs her hands and clasps them together.
[12:25 PM] spikethe3rd: "We can only know so much, but you have lived, That I cannot know"
[12:25 PM] bemun: "Wha, whatareyoudoing"
[12:26 PM] spikethe3rd: "Do not be embarrassed by your life, Take pride in your experiences"
[12:26 PM] bemun: Claire feebily attempts to break free. "You're not making seeeeennnse"
[12:27 PM] bemun: She is swinging her body with each word
[12:29 PM] spikethe3rd: "You said that you are from Nohr and that you are in a new place. This is normal, and I think it is good"
[12:30 PM] spikethe3rd: "I have been across this continent and I have seen many things for the first time that I couldn't have imagined"
[12:31 PM] spikethe3rd: "Just because it was new didn't make my experience any less surreal"
[12:32 PM] bemun: "Why was your experience cereal?"
[12:32 PM] spikethe3rd: "umm..." Versailles is thrown off by the comment.
[12:33 PM] bemun: Claire stares blankly and hiccups
[12:34 PM] spikethe3rd: "Maybe we should find you that inn..." He suggested. He stood up putting money on the counter.
[12:35 PM] bemun: "You're gonna fine me that tin?"
[12:35 PM] bemun: "What tin?"
[12:36 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles laughed. "The Inn. Come. I know of one nearby"
[12:36 PM] bemun: "Hehe, you say weird stuff"
[12:36 PM] spikethe3rd: He walked, watching to make sure Claire wouldn't fall over.
[12:38 PM] bemun: Claire somehow bumps into every obstacle
[12:39 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles apologizes to each passerby as they look on with mild amusement
[12:40 PM] bemun: Claire stops. "Wh-where d'ya go? Versie?"
[12:41 PM] spikethe3rd: "I'm here," He waves his hand next to her face as he stands next to her.
[12:42 PM] bemun: Claire grabs his hand. "We need to hic hold hands of you'll get lost"
[12:42 PM] bemun: "Okapeeshe?"
[12:42 PM] spikethe3rd: "Alright," He smiles as if to a child.
[12:42 PM] spikethe3rd: "Only a bit farther"
[12:43 PM] bemun: "Whaz so funny"
[12:44 PM] spikethe3rd: "Your kindness to me, I appreciate it"
[12:44 PM] bemun: "You're weird."
[12:45 PM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose I am"
[12:45 PM] spikethe3rd: They arrive at an inn and Versailles leads Claire through the door
[12:46 PM] bemun: "Is this your stop?"
[12:47 PM] spikethe3rd: "Our stop, I'll can't let you roam around the city like this"(edited)
[12:47 PM] bemun: "Wh-why not?! I can fend formyself ykno-hic-ykow!"
[12:49 PM] spikethe3rd: "I do know." Versailles motions to the innkeep and he leads them to a room
[12:49 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles helps Claire into the room and puts her down
[12:50 PM] bemun: "What are you doing?"
[12:50 PM] spikethe3rd: "You're going to rest, I'll be in the other room"
[12:51 PM] bemun: "Wait, you-hic- if you do, I won't be able toprotectyou
[12:51 PM] spikethe3rd: "Don't worry, if I need help I'll be sure to call you, but for now, just rest"
[12:52 PM] bemun: "But I'm not tired yeeeeet"
[12:52 PM] bemun: Claire attempts to get up, but can only flail her arms and legs around
[12:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "Then how about we talk until you are?"
[12:53 PM] bemun: "That's boring, I want to walk around!"
[12:54 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well I have many questions for you!"
[12:54 PM] bemun: "Like what?"
[12:54 PM] spikethe3rd: "Like what life in Nohr is like"
[12:55 PM] bemun: "It's okay, the weather is crap, but you get used to it"
[12:55 PM] bemun: "Oh, and also, there's these Dragon-like creatures called wyverns that are like dragons, but they're smaller!"
[12:56 PM] bemun: "And-and sometimes, people ride them like horses, horses that fly!"
[12:56 PM] spikethe3rd: "Wow, thats sounds amazing"
[12:57 PM] bemun: "Let's go walk now"
[12:57 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh, but what about your life as a knight?"
[12:58 PM] bemun: "It was really exciting but then it was really boring."
[12:58 PM] bemun: "Walknow"
[12:58 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, but what do you think of Freyzewald?"
[12:58 PM] bemun: "It's okay, but they need better maps"
[1:04 PM] spikethe3rd: "How about Amaterasu itself?"
[1:06 PM] bemun: "I dunno, I didn't walk around the whole place yet! Can we take a walk now? I'm getting -yawn- sleepy..."
[1:07 PM] spikethe3rd: "We'll walk when you wake back up." He stood up to leave.
[1:07 PM] bemun: "Wait are you going?"
[1:08 PM] spikethe3rd: "I'll be around, just ask the innkeep and I'll be there."
[1:09 PM] bemun: Claire grumbles before flailing around in an attempt to get up, this time, she successfully rolled off her bed
[1:09 PM] bemun: "Ow"
[1:10 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh dear," Versailles walks over to help her back onto the bed
[1:10 PM] spikethe3rd: "Here," Versailles offered his hand.
[1:18 PM] bemun: Claire gives him a limp hand
[1:19 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles squats down and lifts her up, laying her in the bed.
[1:19 PM] spikethe3rd: "Now just rest"
[1:20 PM] bemun: "... You're like a prince, heehee"
[1:20 PM] bemun: Claire passes out
[1:21 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles laughs and walks out, closing the door behind him.
[1:21 PM] spikethe3rd: =========RP END=========

[7:05 PM] bemun: The next morning, Claire awoke with a killer headache. Last night was a big blur, the only thing she recalls is meeting some guy and eating with him, but after that, it's nothing.
[7:06 PM] bemun: Massaging her head, she groggily makes her way into the front of the inn
[7:10 PM] spikethe3rd: The innkeeper waves to her "Have a good rest?"
[7:16 PM] bemun: "I don't think so? My head hurts, a lot."
[7:17 PM] bemun: "What did I do last night?"
[7:18 PM] bemun: Claire rests her head on her arms as she sat at a table
[7:20 PM] spikethe3rd: "You stumbled in here drunk with some monk and he got you each a room."
[7:21 PM] spikethe3rd: "A... Ver-sal-les?" he said reading off a guestbook
[7:24 PM] bemun: "Versalles!" Claire straightens awake at the sound of the familiar name, before her her headache haunts her and she slinks back down
[7:28 PM] spikethe3rd: "Uh yeah, would you like some water?" He said taking pity on the girl
[7:28 PM] bemun: "Yes please" she groans
[7:30 PM] spikethe3rd: The keep quickly heads into a backroom and returns with a glass of water "Here" he holds it in front of the seated Claire(edited)
[7:31 PM] bemun: "Thank you" she slowly grabs it and drinks it at a moderate pace
[7:31 PM] bemun: "So did you see Versalles yet?"
[7:33 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh I'll check his room" He walked down the hall
[7:33 PM] bemun: "Oh you don't nee-" but he was already gone
[7:35 PM] spikethe3rd: The keep returns alone and motioning down the hall "He'll be here in a second" He returned to the desk and started working
[7:36 PM] bemun: She nods and resumes sipping her drink...of water
[7:37 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles enters looking unnaturally clean and energized.
[7:38 PM] spikethe3rd: "Goo-" He starts but notices Claire nursing a headache. "-d morning" He finishes in a whisper.
[7:38 PM] bemun: "Good morning" she says roughly
[7:41 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sits down next to Claire and stretches his arms above his head.
[7:42 PM] spikethe3rd: "Anywhere you want to go today?"
[7:42 PM] bemun: Claire let's out an incoherant grumble
[7:44 PM] spikethe3rd: "I've never been to (imitation of grumble)" He teases
[7:44 PM] bemun: Claire shoots him a cranky glare
[7:45 PM] spikethe3rd: "Haha, You cannot scare me for 'All comedy is derived from fear'!"
[7:45 PM] bemun: Claire buries her head under her arms
[7:45 PM] bemun: Mumbling away
[7:47 PM] spikethe3rd: "Would you like to find some medicine for your headache? I think I saw an apothecary nearby"
[7:47 PM] bemun: "I dunno, I usually let illnesses pass by naturally"
[7:48 PM] bemun: "But this headache is so annoying"
[7:50 PM] spikethe3rd: "Hmm... I don't know if it'll work..." Versailles drifted off in thought.
[7:52 PM] bemun: "You don't know if what will work?"
[7:53 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh! I was thinking I could try healing you." He raised his Moon Festal
[7:54 PM] bemun: "Wai-wha?"
[7:56 PM] spikethe3rd: "I've stemmed peoples pain before, but I've never tried pain in the mind..."
[7:56 PM] spikethe3rd: "I can try if you want"
[7:56 PM] bemun: "Anything to stop this headache."
[7:57 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nodded and stood up. Raising the festal he made slow sweeping motions with it.
[7:58 PM] bemun: Claire watches, waiting for something to happen
[7:59 PM] spikethe3rd: He slowly rotates and shakes the festal, its paper gently drifting through the air.
[8:00 PM] bemun: "Uh, when's the feeling better part supposed to happen?"
[8:01 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles stopped turning. "I'm afraid it should have worked by now..."
[8:01 PM] spikethe3rd: He sat back down, slightly saddened that he was unable to help
[8:01 PM] bemun: Claire slumps back down
[8:02 PM] bemun: "I guess we can go to the apothucary before we head to breakfast"
[8:03 PM] spikethe3rd: "Sure" Versailles stood back up.
[8:08 PM] bemun: Claire slowly stands up while rubbing her head
[8:08 PM] bemun: "You know where it is?"
[8:09 PM] spikethe3rd: "I think its on the way to the market district"
[8:13 PM] bemun: "Well what are we waiting for? Lets go"
[8:14 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles looks concernedly at Claire as they walk towards the apothecary. "Is the sound not too bad?"
[8:15 PM] bemun: "I'm just bearing with it at this point"
[8:16 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles increases his pace and looks carefully at each store.
[8:18 PM] bemun: "Hey, Versailles? Mind slowing down a bit?"
[8:18 PM] bemun: Claire is far behind at this point
[8:18 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh sorry, I want to get rid of your headache right away"
[8:19 PM] bemun: Claire slowly but surely picks up her pace
[8:19 PM] spikethe3rd: "A pained mind is an emperor's downfall" he quoted almost subconsiously
[8:25 PM] bemun: "Does that look like an apothecary to you?"
[8:25 PM] bemun: She points at an apothecary
[8:26 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah yes!" Versailles grabs Claire's hand and quickly drags her inside
[8:26 PM] spikethe3rd: "Could you make something for my friend's headache?"
[8:26 PM] bemun: "Owowow, slow down"
[8:27 PM] bemun: Claire winces at a sudden spike of pain
[8:31 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, hello there." A completely bald man in a brown apron greeted from behind the counter. Noticing the troubled miss, he leaned on his desk with a skeptical expression. "How... may I help you?"
[8:33 PM] bemun: "Headache...medicine, If you have any, that would be appreciated."
[8:39 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I gotcha, I have just the thing." The grizzled man replied, looking for the right herb for the girl while carefully stroking his stark white goatee.
[8:43 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Aha, this will work." He beamed, having a lightbulb moment before pulling out a dark green bottle of powder and setting it on the counter-top.
[8:44 PM] spikethe3rd: "How much?"
[8:46 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "How much? It's usually 50 gold, but your lady seems pretty worn out. You guys only have to pay 40."
[8:47 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles hands the man the coin and motions to Claire to take the bottle. "Any specific way to take it?"
[8:49 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "You can take it many different ways, but I prefer to drink it mixed with water. I'll warn you, it's quite bitter." He responded, smiling at the two.
[8:49 PM] bemun: Claire stops herself from downing the glass in one go
[8:49 PM] bemun: "Oh"
[8:51 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Dear Gods, you almost scared me to death, girl!"(edited)
[8:52 PM] bemun: Claire blushes in embarassment. "Thanks for the warning."
[8:52 PM] bemun: "Shall we get going? Or do you need to buy something?"
[8:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "No, lets go get breakfast"
[8:53 PM] bemun: "Alright, thanks again apothecary!"
[8:54 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "No problem, and a word of advice: Don't down an entire bottle of a drug in one go." The apothecary waved, giving a fair word of warning to the girl.(edited)
[8:56 PM] bemun: The two make their way to breakfast
[9:10 PM] bemun: In a calm eatery, the two made their way to the counter, where the server took their orders
[9:10 PM] bemun: Claire asked for a cup of hot water in addition to her order
[9:28 PM] spikethe3rd: "I'll take some baked bread and some sausage."
[9:29 PM] bemun: Claire ordered some bread, a fruit, some sausage, and an egg
[9:32 PM] spikethe3rd: "I must admit, I sort of miss the simplicity of my monastery. Simple breakfast and meditation after."
[9:57 PM] spikethe3rd: Their food arrived and Versailles started to eat(edited)
[10:16 PM] spikethe3rd: ====RP PAUSE====




No comments:

Post a Comment