Sunday, July 10, 2016

Paralogue 5.2: Your Stench is the Real Reason

Featuring: Mund, Tori

Mund, a bath-hating ex-butler recovering from the loss of his family, returns to his hometown of Amaterasu and takes interest in the coronation banquet from a poster on a wall. He is investigated by Tori, a Khlin-born Freyzenese knight, who suspects Mund to be a bandit. Caught off-guard by his incredible stench, Tori offers him shelter at her mansion. Once they arrive, Mund refuses to take a bath almost to the point of violence...until his butler sensibilities and survival instinct overcome him and he relents. After aggressively devouring a lavish meal, Mund cleans up perfectly, suggesting ties to nobility. Tori reflects on the irony of their reversed positions, then gives him an invitation to the banquet and a spare room in her house. Before he can thank her, Mund starts to fall asleep.

[1:39 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund finally arrives at the capital, 1st time after 5 years. The quantity of mixed feelings that this capital gives to him was huge. Man, this feels so nostalgic... My word this haven't changed a bit.
[1:42 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund's real reason to pass by the town was the same as always: there was no reason. It was just in his path for his next destination. "Hm? What's this?"
[1:45 PM] Shiraho: Patrolling the streets was never Tori's favorite thing to do. Despite having lived in Amaterasu for the past few years, she was never able to get accustomed to being so out in the open. Crime was never a big issue, but with the big party causing an increase in travelers, keeping an eye out for unsavory types became much more important.
[1:46 PM] Shiraho: As she approached the gate, she noticed a suspiciously dressed individual and begin to approach him.
[1:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He then found out a poster about the coroation of the next ruler. He read it, but only one thing caught his eye " I don't care much about the "ruler" stuff, but the banquet? Count me in! I wonder if I need money, though. "
[1:48 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He opens his wallet, just to see a fly coming off out of it
[1:48 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "... So, who do I ste-"
[1:50 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Then he realises a presence: some Cavalier was coming to his way. In a flash, he composed his posture, then faked about reading the poster.(edited)
[1:53 PM] Shiraho: She rode up to the suspiciously dressed individual. Better hide my suspicion as best I can. "Here for the party I assume Mr...uh..."
[1:57 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Mund, my good friend! And I can say... yes. I was just stoping by and all, then read about the party. I knew about the ruler stuff, but the banquet was something new for me. And I believe that you can share your name?"
[2:03 PM] Shiraho: "Mund. I see. My name is Tori. I have been going around keeping an eye out for any delinquency and such. The increase in travel thanks to the banquet has made the city a prime target for many bandits." The likes of people like him from what I can imagine. "As long as you stay in the main streets you should be fine however."
[2:06 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: After hearing that, Mund smirked a bit. "So, I can tell that you have something against me. Are you thinking that I'm one of these delinquents?"(edited)
[2:14 PM] Shiraho: Can't even keep a straight face in the face of an obvious bait. Even if he is trouble, I shouldn't worry about him too much "I can understand how you could have taken what I said to mean that, but even if you were one of such, it would be wise to stay out of the alleys. The best way to stay out of trouble is to not get near a source of one wouldn't you agree?"
[2:19 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: His smirk continues to be shown, but he decides to takes the conversation more seriously. "Indeed, I still remember those hell holes, like it was yesterday..." he sighs, but then remembered to ask something "The banquet, is it free?"
[2:28 PM] Shiraho: "Hm. So I take it you've been in this city before. As for the banquet, while it is free and open to the public, only the nobility are guaranteed a seat. Some seats are reserved to be auctioned away to traveling merchants and the remaining spots are first come first served." It was right then she noticed how much of a stench Mund gave off. She flinched slightly but mostly kept her composure. Ugh, I never met anyone who smells so bad, not even in the slums.
[2:32 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "What's wrong, Miss Tori? Did you just remember something?"
[2:38 PM] Shiraho: "Er...no. It's nothing. Anyway, I'm sorry to take up so much of your time. Since it's almost time for lunch, how would you like to join me? Think of it as a way for me to make it up to you." And maybe take a bath while the maids are getting set up. Tori gestured toward a large mansion on the east side of town.(edited)
[2:43 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund stopped doing his smirk and made a surprised look. His travels taught him many things, and one of them is to be wary of anyone who gives an offer like that. But in the other hand, he was really hungry and refusing food in that state is almost like insanity. He coughed. " I'd really like to, but are you really sure? "
[2:52 PM] Shiraho: "Helping out the weary is a matter of course. Since I can't help everyone, the least I can do is serve the ones I can. Besides, it's possible they'll turn you away at the castle gates when you're like...that..." Tori broke eye-contact, ashmed of her word choice. Perhaps there's a less offensive way to say it but I can't think straight with this stench.
[2:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: " C'mon, I don't look that badly. I'd say my sense of style is average at best. " Mund was completely unaware of the reason why Tori was acting like that, but he didn't seem to care, since his stomach was screaming "FOOD! FOOD!"" "That aside, I guess that I can accept your food. Just lead the way."(edited)
[3:04 PM] Shiraho: Tori led her horse in the direction of her home, keeping her nose pointed away from Mund and holding her breath whenever possible.
[3:06 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: When the two finally arrived at her house, he had a surprising look in his face. A guard with a manor like that?!
[3:07 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: " Excuse me, but how did you afford a place like that? "
[3:08 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: " Oooooh... I bet you accept bribes... "
[3:14 PM] Shiraho: "Ahem. Putting that aside, it seems they're not quite ready for us yet. Why don't you take the opportunity to take a nice warm bath? It'll put those tired muscles at ease. I'm going to take my horse back to the stables" Please say yes, ideally before father comes back. Tori rode toward the stables but handed her horse over to a stableworker to avoid getting too far away from Mund."
[3:16 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I refuse." The carefree voice disappeared in a flash, and it replaced by a grim one. The atmosphere turned cold almost instantly.(edited)
[3:30 PM] Shiraho: "Please I insist. If you're worried about being defenseless, I'll get the off-duty guards to watch over the surroundings." Tori was panicking internally, but does try her best to avoid showing it.
[3:34 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Seriously, why do you want me to take a... bath? No one has complained yet, so I'm fine!" He continued to sound menacing, but he was still unaware of Tori's reactions.(edited)
[3:47 PM] Shiraho: Tori was intrigued by his unwillingness to take a bath. She had invited many people in the past and while most were grateful or indifferent towards taking a bath, Mund was the first to be outright hostile towards the idea. I don't wanna be rude, but I might just have to be. Tori took a deep breath. "Ok, I didn't want to be the one to ask, but when was the last time you took a bath?"
[3:50 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Ok... let me think..." Mund closed his eyes and focused for a bit "When was it... when was it... Oh! Around 3 weeks ago!"
[3:51 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Wait, does raining count as a "bath"? Because for me, getting soaked by water is already enough..."(edited)
[3:56 PM] Shiraho: Tori facepalmed, then let out a sigh. "Well that explains everything."
[3:58 PM] Shiraho: "Well I hope this doesn't offend you now, but...your stench is the real reason I'm suggesting you take a bath."
[3:59 PM] Shiraho: Tori put a hand on her hip, near her sword in case his reaction was hostile.(edited)
[4:05 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund realised the defensive stance of the young woman, suggesting that she was thinking that Mund would attack her out of nowhere. He was about to do so, but a voice popped out from his head. Don't forget, Mund! As a person and a butler, the owner's place word is absolute. Do not raise your voice, no matter what, even if you are against it. He stopped moving and, after a really long sigh, he put his hands on his pockets. "Urgh, fine! You win! Just show me the damn place!"(edited)
[4:09 PM] Shiraho: Tori called for a maid to bring spare clothes and some towels. "Show him the way" She turned to Mund. "I understand if you're still weary of me so whether you want to take your belongings with you or store them somewhere, I'll leave the choice to you."
[4:10 PM] Shiraho: "I'll be in the study near the stairs."
[4:16 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Thanks for the thought, at least. And I'll take me stuff, as well." Mund thought about giving the silent treatment as an answer, but something inside of him didn't allowed to do so. It was some sort of pride: there he was, a thief in a manor of some knight, who had the kindness to help him, even if he didn't ask for it. "I'm going to eat for free, so I might as well do a decent job at... cleaning myself..."(edited)
[4:24 PM] Shiraho: Tori sat in the chair in the middle of the study. Normally, she would use this time to catch up on her studies...something she always felt was her weak point because so much of her life was spent living among the bandits she now stands against. But Mund's weird behavior towards the end of their interaction seemed too strange to be a just a simple, defiant thief. Not quite like a noble, but most definitely not a commoner. As she pondered this point, a maid came by to notify her that lunch was ready.
[4:35 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: After a while, Mund's bath was finally over, much for his happiness. "Aleluia, the suffering as ended! I can't wait for the damned lunch, it is certainly my reward!" He picked up the clothes given by the maid and, in closer inspection, the clothes were very formal, like it was for a butler. His head started to spin for a bit, but since his own clothes were really far away from their original colout, he had no other choice but to wear the spare ones. He recalled the place where Tori was at that moment and knocked the door. "Hey, I'm ready. How about you?"
[4:37 PM] Shiraho: "I was just about to head out." Tori walked out of the study and lead the way to the dining room.
[4:38 PM] Shiraho: "My father is a traveling merchant these days. You're a traveler so hopefully some of the food might be familiar to you." Tori sat down as the food was being brought out.
[4:43 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund's eyes started to sparkle as food was placed in front of him: fish from Neko Shogun; meat from beasts hunted from Yuku Jyorou; vegetables from Inoue...
[4:44 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: It was paradise encarnated there! Best kind of quality! Man, what a nice time to be alive!(edited)
[4:50 PM] Shiraho: Tori was not surprised by his reaction. While she ate these types of foods regularly, she knew some of the food was a rare treat even among the nobles of Freyzenwald, especially the fish from Neko Shogun. She said her grace and gave the table permission to start eating.
[5:00 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: His dish was full of everything and, when Tori finished her blessings, he attacked his food as fast as he could! Everyone was staring at him however, but he couldn't care less.
[5:03 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Finishing his lunch, everyone was still eating. He thought that, while everyone was busy with their food, he decided to, at least, clean his dishes as a sign of gratitude. He asked to Tori. " Hey, the kitchen. Where is it? "(edited)
[5:14 PM] Shiraho: "You can just leave everything as is. The maid in charge of the kitchen prefers it that way." Tori looked over at where Mund ate and noticed despite the rather aggressive way of eating, the table around him was very clean and even the silverware was placed where they should be. Hmm, it might be worth asking. "More importantly, I wanted to ask. Do you have any connections to nobility anywhere?"
[5:20 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: The question, despite of its simplicity, was something that really shocked the young man: he started to sweat a bit, the once energized eyes looked distant at that moment and his whole body was trembling. He cleared his throat and, with all his courage, he simply said... "Yeah, in a way..."(edited)
[5:21 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Sorry, but... I'm not confortable enough to share more with you."
[5:38 PM] Shiraho: "I...see..." Tori was disappointed but knew it would be rude to ask further questions. She did note the irony however. It's funny how I, a former outlaw, is now the noble helping a former noble and current wanderer. "Anyway, I can't figure out why a noble would disguise himself as a simple traveler, but it would be remiss for me to hide this." Tori pulled out an invitation to the banquet and motioned for Mund to take it.
[5:51 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: The moment the invitation was pulled out by Tori, Mund's attitude almost change completely. Despite some sadness from the previous conversation, he couldn't hide his hapiness! He accepted it instantly. "I can't believe it, thank you so much, Miss Tori! I can't believe that you decided to give me the invi..." Suddenly, Mund's legs finally gave up and he fell on the floor. He realised that he couldn't pretend to ignore it for any longer: he was exhaust from him journey and he needed some sleep at that moment. With a weak voice, he made a request. "I'm sorry... but I really need some resting... right now. Is there... any guess room available... in this mansion?"(edited)
[5:56 PM] Shiraho: Tori smiled, then lifted Mund up personally and carried him to the guest room on the second floor. "When you're done resting here. Take the invitation to the palace. They'll give you a room and provide for you until the day of the banquet. I'll be going back out to patrolling duties."
[5:59 PM] Shiraho: Tori took her horse from the stables and left for the streets once more. *Father, I hope what I'm doing is enough to repay what you've done for me."
[6:06 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: As soon the young man fell into the bed, Mund automatically fell asleep. He didn't even feel how confortable the bed was. One thing was sure: not even Mund knew that his life was about to change... and all thanks to this party.
[6:06 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: ~~RP ENDED~~




No comments:

Post a Comment