Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 15: Horrible Relationships

Featuring: Kazama, Vivianna



[12:57 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama rubs his eyes as he makes his way over to a table on the dumpling stand, watching the early lights of dawn move across the sky. He brings up his hood, hiding his eyes. So tired...
[1:06 PM] Mika: Vivianna sighs as she chews on a pork dumpling, maybe she needed to take a step back and look at her life..seriously..
[1:07 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama glances, noticing the sigh. ...Should I...?
[1:08 PM] Mika: She orders some more.
[1:10 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama leans backward, gesturing to the person who Vivianna ordered dumplings from. "Excuse me! May I also get an order of that?"
[1:11 PM] Mika: She side eyes him but doesn't say anything.
[1:12 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shuffles, sitting in his chair closer to Vivianna as he waits for his food.
[1:13 PM] Mika: "Do you have something to say?"
[1:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Hrm?"
[1:15 PM] Mika: "Do you have something to say to me?"
[1:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "...To you? Yes... I'm not sure you would... respond happily to it, though."
[1:16 PM] Mika: "No no go on say it."
[1:22 PM] AOMRocks20: "I... would like to apologize, for whatever wrong I've done to you. I try my best to be a man one would remember as a friend. A true one." "I've been out of town, letting the watch handle things for a few days. Reflecting on the past. And I have many regrets. You know how long manaketes live for, yes?"
[1:23 PM] Mika: "I do know and I'm sorry for holding on to the grunge.. I don't even feel that way for Elwyn anymore..I suppose I'm just stubborn."
[1:24 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "Of course... could I propose something?"
[1:24 PM] Mika: "What is it?"
[1:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "Grudges are sometimes born through misunderstanding. Perhaps if we... spend more time together, that would fade in time. I know it's a longshot, but..." He sighs.
[1:26 PM] Mika: "That seems nice..like really nice..but if you see me starting to form a crush..y-you may punch me to stop it."
[1:28 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "I'll keep that in mind. So... now that we've agreed on it... shall I sit at your table?"
[1:28 PM] Mika: "Yeah you can."
[1:29 PM] AOMRocks20: "Thank you." Kazama gets up, sitting across from her.
[1:29 PM] Mika: She gives him a weak smile.
[1:30 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama takes off his mask, smiling back. He still hides his eyes.
[1:31 PM] Mika: "So..a manakete huh.."
[1:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes. Is that surprising?"
[1:32 PM] Mika: "A little."
[1:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? Have you not met many manaketes?"
[1:33 PM] Mika: "I've meet one girl here...for some reason..I didn't think males..were real."
[1:34 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama snickers. "Well, I can assure you, I'm very real."
[1:36 PM] Mika: She giggles. "You sure are. I'm just surprised I'd find one here...seems you can find everyone in this little town."
[1:36 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Yes, it seems you can. Amaterasu is a very diverse city these days... I never learned where you came from."
[1:37 PM] Mika: "Nohr, I'm from Nohr."
[1:37 PM] AOMRocks20: "Nohr? I met a knight from Nohr recently."
[1:38 PM] Mika: "Was her name Claire?"
[1:38 PM] AOMRocks20: "You met her?"
[1:40 PM] Mika: "Yep."
[1:41 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles. "How funny. I spent a day guiding her around, showing her all the sights and food places. She has a heck of an appetite..." And knows what you look like... Kazama turns a bit pink.
[1:42 PM] Mika: She stares..."You like her!"
[1:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "What? No!"
[1:45 PM] Mika: "Oh so you weren't just blushing?"
[1:45 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama reddens. "I might be, but it's not because I'm smitten with her...!"
[1:46 PM] Mika: She looks doubtful. "She is really pretty though."
[1:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well... she does look nice, yes."(edited)
[1:47 PM] Mika: She grins.
[1:48 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama puts on his mask again, fidgeting with it. "What?!"
[1:50 PM] Mika: "Well she likes someone else...sorry."
[1:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? Who?"
[1:53 PM] Mika: "A monk named Versailles
[1:53 PM] Mika: "Don't tell her I told you!"
[1:54 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Of course, of course... and the reason I'm blushing isn't because I'm smitten with her."
[1:54 PM] Mika: "Well then wy blush?"
[1:54 PM] AOMRocks20: "She may have seen me in a... particularly troublesome state of indecency."
[1:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "O-On accident, of course. She allowed me to sleep in her bed, and I'm a heavy sleeper... She woke up before me."
[1:57 PM] Mika: "My you're close to her!" She tries not to imagine things but ti shows on her face.
[1:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "I like to think so. We became very fast friends..." Kazama grins under his mask.
[2:00 PM] Mika: "Very fast friends...well she is pretty nice. I'm going to make her monk something for her and if he likes it I'll tell her how to make it."
[2:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? That's very kind of you, Vivianna."
[2:01 PM] AOMRocks20: "Although I'm not sure how her courting a monk would go..."
[2:02 PM] Mika: "Huh why?"
[2:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "I wonder if it would interfere with his duties. Isn't a monk's first duty to the gods?"
[2:04 PM] Mika: "I don't know but...I'm sure love doesn't effect that."
[2:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, in theory, he would have to take time from serving the gods to serve his woman. Although, I'm not a monk, so I wouldn't know, but..."
[2:07 PM] Mika: "True but I think if they love each other they will find a way."
[2:08 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "I suppose. I hope things do turn out well for them."
[2:08 PM] Mika: "I hope everyones love turns out well.." She stuffs a dumpling in her mouth.
[2:11 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "Of course. Love is..." Kazama looks down, taking off his mask. and grabbing a dumpling. His complexion has returned to normal.
[2:13 PM] Mika: "Love is a blessing I'll never have."
[2:15 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shakes his head. "No, you'll get it..." He quickly starts chewing on his dumpling.
[2:18 PM] Mika: "Will I?"
[2:20 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods, chewing.
[2:21 PM] Mika: "You're lying to make me feel better."
[2:22 PM] AOMRocks20: He shakes his head, swallowing. "What would I have to gain in lying to you?"
[2:25 PM] Mika: "Nothing but its nice to try to make me feel better." She smiles. "I've got a crush you know. Terrible thing it is."
[2:26 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? May I ask?"
[2:30 PM] Mika: "Ask what?"
[2:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "About the crush. Perhaps I could assist."
[2:34 PM] Mika: "Oh..well his name is Sula..it's strange because he is..he's not the type I get a crush on."
[2:35 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. The diviner?"
[2:35 PM] Mika: "Yes."
[2:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "I know him. He's a delightful man."
[2:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "And his horse isn't that bad, either."
[2:42 PM] Mika: "Yes..do you know how to make a crush stop?"
[2:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm... Perhaps seeing him in an unflattering light?"(edited)
[2:45 PM] Mika: "Well..hmm I think he lies a lot."
[2:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really?"
[2:50 PM] Mika: "Yes I don't know why but I feel he lies a lot."
[2:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm... well, those soothsaying types make a lot of money off of lying, so I wouldn't blame you."
[2:54 PM] Mika: "Make money of of lying..he did say that..a-and his hair is so short, I like men with longer hair!"
[2:57 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes... Grown out is really the way to go."
[3:01 PM] Mika: "And..he's really strange."
[3:02 PM] AOMRocks20: "I can agree. Dwabi can have some... strange tendencies."
[3:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "Especially the Ploops..."
[3:03 PM] Mika: "Ploops?"
[3:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "You've never heard of them? Nasty little things that can barely fly, the Dwabi won't kill, and leave... droppings... all over the place."
[3:06 PM] Mika: "Ewww."
[3:06 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "I had the same reaction."
[3:10 PM] Mika: "So..h-he's totally not a catch b-but he makes me feel..happy and warm. I'd didn't even think he was that attractive..but now.."
[3:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "As someone who's also into men... he's not that attractive."
[3:13 PM] Mika: "He isn't..w-why do I like him?!" She look distressed.
[3:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "I don't know. You really shouldn't."
[3:16 PM] Mika: "You're right I shouldn't, he's a unattractive weirdo who lies a lot!"
[3:17 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama gestures. "See, there you go."
[3:20 PM] Mika: "But when we were in the stables together...all I wanted to do was kiss him." Her eyes get a dreamy sort of look.
[3:24 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "Oh, of course, stables. Nothing but the sound of your own heartbeats... and the horses, and flies. You two lock eyes, and you inhale deeply... the smell of tons of horse dung."
[3:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "I've never heard of a better place for a romantic counter--and believe me, I've been around a few years."
[3:27 PM] Mika: She laughs. "What you say is true but in the moment with him, those things don't seem so obvious." She looks ready to scream. "I must be going crazy! How could I go from someone as perfect as Elwyn to to...Sula the weirdo!"
[3:29 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles. "Maybe you should try and do something else. Distract yourself from the fact that, even for a moment, you were smitten with a terrible person."
[3:32 PM] Mika: "You're right! I just need to distance myself! Wait..me have a child together..well a foal together and the foal sees him as his father..I'll just not be there when he visits."
[3:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes, obviously. The horse is delusional, anyway."
[3:38 PM] Mika: "W-What..the horse has been rejected by it's mother and sick. He is just a baby looking for a home."
[3:39 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm... Perhaps you could give it to the local barracks, then? It might be a good warhorse."
[3:43 PM] Mika: "You are cold hearted! I love Este and want him to live a good life! I will raise him myself!"
[3:44 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nodded. "Apologies. I assumed you did not, but that is for the best. You seem to know a lot about horses."
[3:47 PM] Mika: "I raised them along with Wyverns."
[3:48 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. How are wyverns?"
[3:48 PM] Mika: "Dump and mean."
[3:49 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh. That's unfortunate."
[3:50 PM] Mika: "I love them though."
[3:50 PM] AOMRocks20: "That's good to hear, then. When'd you get into that sort of work?"
[3:52 PM] Mika: "I was born into, my family is nobles who raised war Wyverns."
[3:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, ah, I see. Did you also learn how to cook from them, then?"
[3:54 PM] Mika: "I learned that from my maids."
[3:56 PM] AOMRocks20: "I bet they're very good. Yavae seemed to praise your pastries."
[3:58 PM] Mika: She smiles. "I didn't think people liked them that much."
[3:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, I've never tried any of them, but they're most likely delightful."
[4:01 PM] Mika: "Ah I was being kind of horrible to you. How about I make you something special ok."
[4:02 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama smiles. "I would be in your debt."
[4:02 PM] Mika: She smiles. "So do you think I should stay away from him?"
[4:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "For now, yes."
[4:04 PM] Mika: "Then since you're pretty lucky in love, I'll lesion to you."
[4:05 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama looked down at the dumplings. "I wouldn't say that I'm 'lucky'."
[4:06 PM] Mika: "Well you have an attractive me who love you and you love them back."
[4:07 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. I've just been... in very... horrible relationships."
[4:12 PM] Mika: "What are they like? I've never been in a relationship."(edited)
[4:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Very grating. And terrible."
[4:16 PM] Mika: "Why were you in them then?"
[4:17 PM] AOMRocks20: "...I could not... let go of the fact that they did not truly love me, I suppose."
[4:18 PM] AOMRocks20: "The worst types of relationships, though, are the ones that d-don't even blossom." Kazama moves to adjust his mask. His hood dips back a little, revealing his eyes. They're red.
[4:23 PM] Mika: She looks at him. "I understand..I really do."
[4:26 PM] AOMRocks20: "...It is... an uncomfortable topic."
[4:29 PM] Mika: "I'm sorry."
[4:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, I should be apologizing... it's centuries past me now."
[4:33 PM] Mika: "Even then...unrequited love still stings."
[4:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "Not... unrequited, but something similar."
[4:40 PM] Mika: "Something similar?"
[5:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes..."
[5:01 PM] Mika: "What?"
[5:02 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama is silent.
[5:02 PM] AOMRocks20: "...if you saw a couple--a man and a woman--enjoying themselves, what would you think of it?"
[5:04 PM] Mika: "Eh I'd be happy for them."
[5:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "Why is that?"
[5:05 PM] Mika: "Because they found someone who they loved and are loved back by."
[5:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "..."
[5:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "I see."
[5:06 PM] Mika: "Did I say something wrong?"
[5:07 PM] AOMRocks20: "No. You've responded exactly how I've expected."
[5:08 PM] Mika: "Then I did say something wrong."
[5:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "...I don't think you have."
[5:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "Either way, it is... a difficult topic, especially at this time of year."
[5:09 PM] Mika: "I don't understand what you are getting at??"
[5:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Vivianna, my apologies, but I would rather keep it that way. This is a problem that has harrowed me for a large part of my life, and I'm still not sure I'm ready to discuss it."
[5:14 PM] Mika: "Oh I-I'm sorry!" She looks confused but drops it.
[5:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "It's fine."
[5:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "So... how about that special treat?"
[5:15 PM] Mika: "Oh! Yes yes! Lets get going!"
[5:16 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama rose, smiling under his mask. "Of course..."
[5:16 PM] AOMRocks20: The two head off to Vivianna's room.
[5:16 PM] AOMRocks20: ======================================end urp================================


July 7, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment