Sunday, July 10, 2016

Paralogue 6.1: Fetch


Featuring: Mund, Marrok


[3:04 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund woke up some time ago, in Tori's mansion. After exploring the huge place, seeing all the rooms and goods (without looking suspicious, of course), he decided to do a little walk.
[3:05 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He picked a quill pen and a piece of paper and wrote "BRB, gonna fooling around, Mund" and placed it next to the front door, for Tori to read it if she arrived before him.
[3:08 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: After that, he saw a strange creature under a tree: he looked like a human, but had a... Wolfish appearance. Out of curiosity, Mund stared at the wolfish person, to see his reaction and what he was going to do.(edited)
[3:11 PM] Marrok: Marroks eyes lazily daze open an closed for a few moments before he notices the stranger staring at him. Perking up quickly he waved the man over with a big grin. Someone new? Hmmmm... Why is he staring at me? Not giving the man a chance to react he quickly stands and starts walking over, tail wagging behind him.
[3:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Seeing the human approaching, Mund was intrigued at what he was about to do. He heard about some beings called "Wolfskin", a humanoid race that could transform into beasts, and he assumed that he was one of them. "Greetings!"
[3:16 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He couldn't think of another word, Mund was never the one who started conversations.(edited)
[3:17 PM] Marrok: Marrok arrived at the new person, his tail wagging quickly and ears perked up. "I happened to notice you staring, anything I can do to help?"
[3:18 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Just simply curious about you. I mean, are you a... Wolfskin, by all matters?"
[3:19 PM] Marrok: "Was it the ears that gave it away?" His tail wagging just a little slower now. "My name is Marrok, wolfskin by birth. Nice to meet you!" He holds out his hand to shake the strangers. "What would your name be?"
[3:23 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "The name is Mund!" His excitment was somehow obvious, when he shook his hand. "Sorry, meeting a Wolfskin is always exciting. He cleared his throat "So, why are you here, Marrok?"
[3:25 PM] Marrok: Marrok, just as excited responds. "Oh, I am just as excited to meet someone new. I assure you. As for why I am here? I plan to attend the election party. What brings you here?"
[3:28 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Well, in a way, I'm also going to it. Originally, I was just passing by the town to refill my supplies and move on to my next destination. But for now, I'll stay here until the end of the party, to continue my journey, afterwards it."(edited)
[3:34 PM] Marrok: "Interesting. Where is it you plan on heading to after the party?" Marrok asked, curiosity filling his voice.
[3:40 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Who knows? Maybe I'll continue to visit the country. Maybe I'll move to Gallaran or Khlin. The life of a traveler is always shrudered with mystery..." He sighs, but then asks. "Hey, Marrok, are you always this alone? I mean, relaxing under a tree and all?"
[3:40 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Is this how you love your life?"
[3:44 PM] Marrok: Marrok grimaces for a brief moment, before grabbing onto the bandana around his neck lightly, the slight bulge of a dragoncharm underneath. His face returning to normal in an instant. "It used to be, but I need to focus more on politics for... familial reasons. Which is what brings me here in the first place. I am honestly just enjoying my last few days of true freedom and reminiscing on the past before the party."
[3:50 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "So you are saying that you are doing this for your family... but not for yourself?" The excitment on his face died, putting a serious look on his face.(edited)
[5:32 PM] Marrok: "I would not say I am doing it entirely for them, more for the memory of someone. I would rather not dampen the mood though, if we could talk about something else." His eyes look sorrowful, something not shown in his expression for a long while. "Would you mind telling me about why you began travelling?"
[5:40 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Yeah, yeah, I guess you're right." He gave a small laugh. "Sorry for the sudden mood killer moment. As for your question..." He closed his eyes, to try to think on an answer that would satisfy the Wolskin and then he said... "I guess I was just tired of "living in one place", all of the sudden."
[5:41 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "By the way... may I ask something about your "kin"?"(edited)
[5:42 PM] Marrok: Marrok listens as Mund answers. "I would say that is a fair enough reason to want to travel. As for my kin, what would you like to know?"
[5:43 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Well, I don't want to sound racist or anything... But is "Fetch" your race's favourite sport, or something like that?"(edited)
[5:46 PM] Marrok: Marrok looks at him blankly for half a second before turning bright red in embarassment. "Ok, listen! Just because I played it with her as a kid does not mean I am everyone's pet!" Despite this, his tail is wagging furiously.
[5:51 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund looked at the young man, very amused. By chance, there was a stick close by and had a devilish idea. He picked it up, while awaiting Marrok's reaction...
[5:55 PM] Marrok: Marroks eyes instantly lock on the stick. "Oh... Do not even think about it."
[5:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Hehehehehe..." He started the action to throw the stick and, before releasing it, he screamed... "FETCH!"
[6:00 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: The throw was nothing special, but it was not bad either for a man as thin as Mund. Let me think. I'f say about 8 meters, I guess...(edited)
[6:02 PM] Marrok: There isn't even a pause. As the stick releases from Mund's hand Marrok is after it. He and the stick go off a little ways before he jumps forwards, catching it in his mouth and landing stomach first on the ground. He immediately runs back, stick still in mouth with a look of glee on his face. "Here you!-" He takes the stick out of his mouth and smacks Mund withit. "Rude."
[6:07 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Ouch! But worth it!" He was laughing at that moment, but he felt he had to make some apologies. So, he took out his wallet. "Are you hungry? I still have some pocket money to spend, so as a way to apologize, I believe this is a good way to demonstrate it."
[6:09 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "What do you say, uh?"
[6:12 PM] Marrok: Marrok gives a slight growl for emphasis, but returns to his normal demeanor. "No, I am fine. Just... please do not mention this to anyone. If I am to have any chance of advancing politically I cannot have this happening around others."
[6:16 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Fine, fine. I'll drag this secret to my grave." He left a little chuckle escape. "By the way, I've passed by this city a long time ago, but I don't have the foggiest clue where can we eat. Do you any idea?"
[6:17 PM] Marrok: "... Thanks." He perks up at the thought of food. "Actually, I found a nice steak place earlier if you want to come with me. It should be over this way..." He says sniffing the air and walking off without even a second thought.
[6:23 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund follows Marrok without making a sound. He had an emotioness expression, something that always happens when he is in deep thought. Maybe I shouldn't lie to the guy about not knowing my way, I know this place like the palm of my hand. I guess I'll play the fool for now.(edited)
[6:26 PM] Marrok: Marrok finally stops at a food stall and hollers back to Mund. "How do you like your steak!"
[6:32 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Medium rare is fine by me." Mund was calm at that moment. Until 5 years ago, he sometimes ate at that food stall with his past companions, so he knew that the quality of these stakes was pretty high. However, he realised that the owner of the place was recognizing him, even after all that time. So, he gave a stare that gave chills to the poor man.
[6:39 PM] Marrok: Marrok gives the man a nice smile. "... And I will have mine rare again please!" He turns back to Mund. "Well, these will take a short bit. Shall we sit over there?" He motions to a small table as he walks over.
[6:41 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund gladly takes a seat. "So, who are you rooting for?"
[6:43 PM] Marrok: Marrok sits as well. "I have not had the chance to meet any of them yet, but I feel one of the princesses would be best. There is the one who has just returned, who likely has experiences from the world. She might help lead the country to a new age. Although the younger one would definately do better at inspiring the people. What are your thoughts on the matter?"(edited)
[6:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I'm pratically neutrum about this kind of stuff. But if I had to choose, I would say that... maybe the eldest daughter would do a splendid job for this country." He drinks some water "However, the people's reaction wouldn't be... too warm."(edited)
[6:50 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "If I was one of these people and I had a ruler who disappeared for a long time and reappeared out of nowherem I would get kinda annoyed."
[6:53 PM] Marrok: "That definately is a big issue that has to be weighed in..." He pauses for a moment as his steak arrives. "... It will be interesting to see the results. I just hope the election goes well and no trouble arises as a result." Mund's steak also arrives at this point, and as the chef walks away Marrok speaks once more. "Also you need not worry about the steak, I did the man a favour earlier so this is on the house."
[6:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: His eyes started to tear up, due to cheer joy. "Nice! Less work to do!" He grabbed the fork and knife and said... "Thanks for the food!"
[6:58 PM] Marrok: Marrok is already halfway done wolfing his food down. "No problem! Although..." He stops for a moment. "I wish I could find that man from before. He made the best steak I have ever tasted."
[7:02 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Describe him, maybe I can help. I mean, it doesn't hurt to try, don't you think?"
[7:07 PM] Marrok: "I only got to see a little of him, but he wore a dark hood and had messy brown hair. He seemed a bit distant."
[7:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Ngh..." Mund was trying his best, but with such little information, he eventually gave up. "Sorry, man, but I can't help you with just that. I mean, after looking around the city, I can tell that you just described hakf of the alley's population." He eventually finished his dish and stood up. "Well, thanks for the food, but I have to return to the mansion."
[7:16 PM] Marrok: "That has been the big issue for me." He gives a warm smile. "It was nice meeting you Mund, well mostly atleast. Maybe I will see you at the party?"
[7:17 PM] Marrok: "... Return to the mansion?"
[7:21 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Well, a woman allowed me to live there for the time being. Very kind of her, except... some horrifying parts..." He gives a shrug just by thinking about the bath. "Well, my friend, have a nice day. Oh, and see you in the party, too!" He extended his hand for a handshake.
[7:23 PM] Marrok: Noticing the shrug he decides not to press. "Alright, fair enough. Take care." He shakes Mund's hand before standing and heading off towards the enterance to the city. "Take care!"
[7:26 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: The two parted ways. When he arrived at the mansion, to sleep more, he said to himself. "I was thiiiiiis close in petting his head, but I'm sure that I would lose my arm in the progress..."
[7:26 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: ==========RP END==========

No comments:

Post a Comment