Sunday, July 10, 2016

Paralogue 6.3: Creatures of Darkness [SUM]

Featuring: Sula, Kalenzo, Drew, Versailles, Marrok, Claire, Tori

Sula, a Khlinese retainer from Dwabi, arrives in Freyzenwald and introduces himself to Drew and Kalenzo. Meanwhile, Versailles and Claire search for each other, getting the help of Marrok, Tori, and Sula.

[4:26 PM] Kwakado: Sula, riding atop a dark pegasus, glides over Freyzenwald's capital city. He scowls briefly at the crowds far below. "Nanyo, Amaterasu... OK, Shimi-e! Down! Down!" Shimi descends as Sula gazes at the rooftops, his feathers and charms dangling in the breeze.(edited)
[4:36 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Thank the Gods above that I managed to lose that girl, I guess that's another thing I need to work on if I am to achieve perfection... Kalenzo thought, letting out a sigh of relief as he found solace in his isolation. Now walking with an air of confidence through the alley ways of Amaterasu, he analyzed the buildings and the people who walked past him. "...What the hell?" Kalenzo thought out loud as a very peculiar feather gently swayed to the floor before him. His gaze lifted to the skies above to spot the source, there it was, a pegasus in all of it's majestic glory being guided to the earth by it's rider. How fascinating, they must be here for the party... The bowman thought, approaching the approximate landing zone of the airborne knight.
[4:39 PM] Kwakado: ===========RP START========= Sula lands on a stony rooftop, strokes Shimi, and dismounts. His bare toes caress the foreign craftsmanship as he leans his head back, quietly humming(edited)
[4:40 PM] Kwakado: "Ommmm....."
[4:46 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: No? Damn, I was off... Kalenzo quickly cursed himself, pivoting on his feet to start moving into the building where the pegasus had landed. How peculiar, I've never actually seen one before and now I get to! How lucky of me... He thought, as his feet quickly hit the ground, climbing the stairs to the roof of the building... "Hello there!" Kalenzo greeted as he bursted forth onto the roof from the stairway on the side of the building, eager to at least touch the majestic creature.(edited)
[4:47 PM] Kwakado: Sula twirls like a wayward leaf. "Kwemo, sir! Many blessings and good food to you!" His eyes turn to the stranger's bow
[4:53 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kweh-mo? Must be a foreigner... Kalenzo thought, apprehensively giving the flier a smile. "Are you here for the celebration as well?" He inquired, slowly taking steps towards the pair, feeling the stare of the man bore a hole through the bow on his shoulder.(edited)
[4:56 PM] Kwakado: "Yes, sir! Very good, sir!" Sula claps, then pulls out an old scroll and recites: "Clever is the eye that looks to the sky. I come to give my blessings to the new ruler."
[5:07 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, I see..." Kalenzo responded, halting his advance in order to take a moment and stroke his chin stubble. Reconsidering his actions as the stranger pulls out a cryptic piece of parchment, he tilts his head. "Hmm, how ever so fascinating," The bowman remarks, narrowing his eyes on the scroll "Are you some sort of travelling preacher?" He further inquires, gauging whether if the man could be a potential enemy or annoying hinderance.(edited)
[5:09 PM] ChaoticAce: Suddenly a fairly large bag gets tossed onto the rooftop from below, followed by another bowman climbing up
[5:10 PM] Kwakado: "Ha ha! I wonder if you have met many of my people before, sir. We Dwabi are-" Shimi whinnies at the sound of the bag, cutting him off.(edited)
[5:10 PM] ChaoticAce: jeez I think I took too much
[5:10 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew looked and saw the two of them "oh hello there"
[5:11 PM] Kwakado: Sula spots another bow and hums again(edited)
[5:13 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Dwabi? I se- "-dEAR Gods!" Kalenzo exclaims, clearly frightened by the surprise bag followed by another bowman. Regaining his composure, the virtuoso re-adjusts the top of his blue cloak by pulling at the sides before resuming. "Ahem, Hello there." He says, greeting the sudden interruptor.(edited)
[5:15 PM] Kwakado: "Many visitors to your house today... Kwemo hu Nanyo?" Sula keeps talking to Kalenzo but focuses on Shimi. "Perhaps you are in need of some preaching today, ha ha!"(edited)
[5:16 PM] ChaoticAce: "Wh....what?"
[5:16 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew clearly confused by the foreign words
[5:17 PM] Kwakado: Sula just nods, and begins to nuzzle his mount with his forehead, seemingly unconcerned with the bowmen
[5:20 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: My house? Sure, I'll roll with it. But those words definitely cement my assumptions... "Heh heh, perhaps..." He responded, resuming his stare at the man's mount.
[5:25 PM] Kwakado: Sula seems entranced, through his digits are clenched. "These are good men, Shimi-e. They will not hurt you."
[5:27 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew drags his bag closer to them so he wont be right on the edge and awkwardly sits on the bag might as well see where this goes
[5:32 PM] Kwakado: The dark pegasus settles, whimpering a bit. Her rider turns to Drew. "Kwemo to you too, sir. I am Sula, a man of the wind and the sky."(edited)
[5:37 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew observed Sula's odd clothes and the mount "Hmm..Kwemo...that sounds familiar....no shoes either, give me a second" Drew reached into the bag he was sitting on and takes out a book "Somewhere in this book, it talked about that word, so your uhh...Dwabi right!"
[5:40 PM] Kwakado: "Yes, yes! Well done!" Sula raises up his mysterious scroll, reciting: "Clever is the head / that stays well read" And he stows it back onto his robe. "But the easiest way to spot a Dwabi...is that we are the darkest!"(edited)
[5:40 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, so you are of the Dwabi I have heard so much about!" Kalenzo suddenly interjects, taking a zealous step forward.(edited)
[5:43 PM] Kwakado: "Ha ha! Do not believe everything you hear about the Dwabi sir. Not until you taste for yourself!"
[5:46 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Taste? How do you mean? Are you also a chef?" The bowman pressed forward, inch by inch until he was about a foot away from the dark-skinned man
[5:46 PM] Kwakado: Shimi looks a little unsettling(edited)
[5:48 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew was staring at the pegasus but his attention shifted towards the suspicious Kalenzo
[5:48 PM] Kwakado: "The Dwabi are all chefs. But not all of our recipes are for food." Sula looks up at the taller man, sizing up his traveling clothes and face "Mmmm...Where is it you come from, sir?"(edited)
[5:52 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Me? Oh, I hail from the northeast of Khlin, good sir. I've heard many rumors of your people, but I never thought I'd have the honor of meeting one in person." Kalenzo replied, giving slight bow
[5:53 PM] ChaoticAce: "So uh whats your name" Drew gestures towards Kalenzo
[5:54 PM] Kwakado: Sula closes his eyes, returns the bow and awaits an answer to Drew's question
[5:58 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh! How rude of me, heh heh..." Kalenzo joked, taking a step back and placing a hand on the back of his head beneath his pony-tail "I am Kalenzo, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintances." He introduced, bowing the top half of his body once more.(edited)
[6:01 PM] Kwakado: Sula lets out a bizarre "Ehh~" as his eyes open and dart over to Drew, anticipating a similar response."
[6:04 PM] ChaoticAce: "Well then, my names all that's left...I probably shouldnt have stayed this long buuut my name is Drew! The man who's gona explore the world!" Drew suddenly stood up mid sentance to add more emphasis to the title part(edited)
[6:06 PM] Kwakado: "...That is a difficult quest." Sula smiled glibly. "There is more to see than can ever be seen."
[6:11 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Indeed, that trip sounds fairly taxing on the body," What are you talking about Kalenzo? You're making the same trip, you dim-wit. Oh well, nothing the most perfect virtuoso can't handle. "But it is certainly doable." He responded, fighting with himself(edited)
[6:12 PM] ChaoticAce: "Well 'the man whos gona visit every kingdom' doesnt have the same ring"
[6:12 PM] ChaoticAce: "I dont think I could technically see EVERYTHING"
[6:16 PM] Kwakado: "I see, I see. Kwemo to visit every kingdom."
[6:17 PM] Kwakado: "But will you visit the land of the Dwabi? We have no king, only the sea and the trees."
[6:22 PM] ChaoticAce: "Alright well how about a vague 'visit areas populated by people' also thats a yes"
[6:25 PM] Kwakado: "Ha ha! Forgive me, Drew. I like to hear the dreams of people. It brings me such joy." Sula tugs on his heavily-adorned robe, letting the various feathers and charms fall back into place.
[6:29 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: This is certainly an interesting one... Kalenzo thinks to himself, examining the robe while giving his stubble another round of rubbing.
[6:31 PM] ChaoticAce: "I try to read up on everything but" Drew looks puzzled by the Pegasus " I never saw a black pegasus from my home, and this is the first one i've seen here"
[6:33 PM] Kwakado: "What else could a black man ride? Ha ha ha!" Sula beams at Shimi. "But truly, I am blessed to be with her, with Shimi-e."(edited)
[6:39 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo chuckles into a balled fist. "It must be so nice to work with such a beauty..." He remarked, his words drifting off as he continued staring at the ebony-colored pegasus.
[6:42 PM] Kwakado: "Ah~ but do not come too close, sirs. The black ones are Nanyo - creatures of darkness. Offer them food and they eat your whole hand." Sula's smile doesn't darken at all, despite his grim words. He strokes Shimi once more. "But perhaps they, too, dream of exploring the world. We have not even felt the ground of Freyzenwald yet.."(edited)
[6:53 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo took another step back, heeding the foreign man's words of warning with a grim look on his face. His eyebrows raise in curiosity at the man's next statement. "Really now?"
[6:54 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew reminisces about his old mount his head slowly lowering, he snaps out of it when Kalenzo speaks
[6:54 PM] Kwakado: "Truly, sir! We only just arrived a few minutes ago."
[6:57 PM] ChaoticAce: "Well take it from me, theres PLENTY of grass and plains around here"
[6:59 PM] Kwakado: Sula's eyes meet Drew's, gently taking in his words
[7:02 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo simply nods in agreement. Gods, what I'd give to see those ebony wings sprayed with blood...
[7:06 PM] Kwakado: Sula raises his hands over his head. "I feel a wind of exploration passing over this house. Let us explore! And feast on the wonders of Amaterasu! Are either of you going to the festival?"(edited)
[7:07 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, of course! That's why I'm here!" Kalenzo exclaimed, breaking his artistic train of thought.
[7:11 PM] ChaoticAce: Drew took a moment to admire Kalenzo's facial hair before talking "I heard of the party aswell, You bet im going!"
[7:14 PM] Kwakado: "Kwemo indeed!" Sula mounts his dark pegasus at a surprising speed, for someone as inflexible as he appears. "Tonight, our fates are as one. Which way do your dreams blow?"



[7:45 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles is walking through Amaterasu looking worriedly at each passerby.
[7:49 PM] Marrok: Walking away from the food stalls Marrok pulls out his dragoncharm from his scarf, looking at it. That man certainly was odd, I didn't like him messing with me like that... Without watching where he is going he ends up on a collision course with Versailles.
[7:50 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ooh pardon..." Versailles quickly looks at the wolf and is going to move on but takes a double take.
[7:51 PM] spikethe3rd: "A Wolfskin!" Versailles says excitedly.
[7:53 PM] Marrok: "Huh!" He flinches slightly at the sudden exclamation. What is this about. Turning to the source of the noise he comes face to face with Versailles. "Hi there?"
[8:01 PM] spikethe3rd: "I apologize but I have always wanted to meet a shapeshifter." Versailles immediately forgetting his search. "I read that your kind are very honorable and are more connected to nature."
[8:07 PM] Marrok: "Well I am glad I could help you meet one!" Marrok says grinning, his tail once again wagging. "I am not so sure about the connection to nature myself, but I would be a rather off exception to the normal I guess."
[8:08 PM] spikethe3rd: "Haha! Truly a purpose filled with excitement!" Versailles laughs
[8:09 PM] spikethe3rd: "It may have been that the philosopher assumed that shapeshifters are more connected to nature solely due to their animal forms. I would say anyone who lives in harmony within nature is 'connected' to it"
[8:12 PM] spikethe3rd: "One philosopher actually claimed that connection to nature is not to be held in such high regard for he thought it promoted feral behavior. I believe that we can preserve the natural beauties of the world and still be normal."
[8:17 PM] Marrok: Marrok moves over to the side to avoid being in the way of others. "It certainly is an intersting thing to consider. Personally I feel ones raising has more relation to how they will act rather than their birth."
[8:19 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, truly an amazing idea! To be judged by our soul and not our skin."
[8:20 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles paused for a moment, stopping his endless banter.
[8:21 PM] spikethe3rd: "Um... I'm afraid I don't know of any nearby tribes of Wolfskin. What brings you to Amaterasu?"
[8:24 PM] Marrok: "Oh... Sorry. Let me fully introduce myself." He holds out his hand to the man. "My name is Marrok, originally raised far to the East I moved here with family a few years back. I came to Amaterasu specifically for the party, I need to brush up on my politics if I am to make my..." He pauses again. "I need to prepare for the future is all." His tail slows down and ears droop a little. The wolfskin seems more tired, as if he's had a rather long day. Though this lasts just for a moment before he perks right back up again with a bright smile. "What brings you here?"
[8:25 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles shakes his hand and smiles back. "I am Versailles and I am a monk from the south of Freyzenwald. I came to visit my mother but I was also planning to stay for the festivities."
[8:29 PM] Marrok: "Well nice to meet you Versailles. Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the four candidates for election?"
[8:30 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles scratches his head. "Um not much. I just only returned from a Country-wide journey to hear about the elder princess. Also I never cared much for politics at the monastery."
[8:35 PM] Marrok: "Well it seems the elder princess brought her lover from her travels, which certainly adds a bit more drama into this whole election." Marroks tail has slowed to a normal pace. "I find it rather funny Versailles. These two show up out of the middle of nowhere and are both put on a ballot, that has to be more than a little suspicious right?"
[8:37 PM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose, but I am the kind of person to give benefit to the doubt. What justice is there is doubt?"Versailles has become serious.
[8:39 PM] spikethe3rd: "My mentor always said to 'trust first, for liars are punished by their own lies.'"
[8:42 PM] Marrok: "I agree there, although at the same time only a fool would be blind to the possibility of betrayal. One must hope for the best, yet prepare for the worst... and all I hope for is that the election goes smoothly."
[8:44 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles sighs. "I will not disagree with logic, but philosophy does not like politics in many ways."
[8:45 PM] spikethe3rd: "I too hope that we elect the correct leader. The king was kind to the religions of his people and I hope that his successor shares the same ideas of freedom."
[8:48 PM] Marrok: "That would definately be ideal. Personally I think either of the two princesses would make an ideal successor from the little I know. Although both for differing reasons... but anyways, enough politics. Do you know of any places around here to relax?"
[8:51 PM] spikethe3rd: "Hmmm... I suppose I don't. I could look for one with you-" Versailles suddenly remembers. "OH! I forgot! I was looking for my friend! You haven't seen a girl about this tall around have you?" Versailles motions with his hands.(edited)
[8:54 PM] Marrok: "Girl in armor..." He thinks. "Not that I can recall, sorry." He gives a slight frown.
[8:56 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, thanks anyways, I think I will continue my search for her. We were headed to the castle before we were separated."
[8:59 PM] Marrok: "Alright! Mind if I tag along? I haven't had a chance to actually go to the castle yet." He says with his tail beginning to pick up in speed again.
[9:03 PM] spikethe3rd: "Gladly! We could discuss more philosophy if you want. I'm always open to hear other's thoughts."
[9:04 PM] Marrok: "That sounds great!" Marroks tail is now wagging super fast. "The castle is uhh... This way right?" He points in the direction of the castle.
[9:06 PM] spikethe3rd: "Yeah!" Versailles starts walking down the street, turned to face Marrok as they walk. "So do you believe in free will?"
[9:11 PM] Marrok: Marrok thinks for a moment as he follows. "I would like to say yes, but it cannot be proven either way. Of you act out of fate, then would one not be able to argue that the original fate was false and you were fated to disprove it?" His tail has stopped wagging.
[9:12 PM] spikethe3rd: "It is true it is self fufilling but-" Versailles cuts off as he spots Claire. "Claire over here!"
[7:32 PM] bemun: Claire bustled through the crowds, searching for Versailles, but to no luck. As she tried to get a better view from the ground, she lost her balance and stumbled into somebody
[7:33 PM] bemun: "Ah! Excuse me."
[7:36 PM] Shiraho: Normally, Tori would wonder through the back alleys of Amaterasu just to avoid the crowds. But with the increase in travelers, she has opted to stay in the main streets to help the guards where able. It was then someone ran into her. "Oops sorry. I'm terrible at navigating through crowds."(edited)
[7:37 PM] bemun: "Oh no, I was the one at fault here. Are you alright?" she asks, before realising the woman she bumped into was much bigger than herself
[7:39 PM] Shiraho: "Oh I'm fine. More importantly, how about you? You look like you tripped over something."
[7:44 PM] bemun: "I just lost my balance. I'm looking for a friend I was with, but we got separated."
[7:46 PM] Shiraho: "Oh, do you have any idea where he might have went? If you have any ideas, I probably know a few shortcuts. The main streets aren't a very fast way to get around."
[7:48 PM] bemun: "I ... Don't have any idea where he might be. I'm new to this city, so I've been kinda wandering blindly."
[7:53 PM] Shiraho: "Hm well I don't live too far from here so let's go to my place and get a few horses. It's easier to find someone on horseback than is it on foot."
[7:54 PM] Kwakado: "Ee-yay-ee-yaaaaaaaay!" At that moment, a fell neigh signaled the appearance of a pitch-black pegasus bounding along the side of the road.(edited)
[7:55 PM] bemun: Before Claire could respond, the entrance of the black pegasus visibly startled her.(edited)
[7:57 PM] Kwakado: Sula yanked on the reins, and the beast came to a stop across from the women. He climbed off of it, glancing around cheerfully. "Kwemo hey Nanyo, Amaterasu!" Making his way to the most official-looking people around, he stopped by Tori and Claire. "And Kwemo to you."(edited)
[7:57 PM] bemun: "E-excuse me?"
[7:57 PM] Shiraho: "Kwemo...?" Tori had a confused look on her face.
[7:58 PM] Shiraho: "Wait, I'm not unfamiliar with that word."
[7:58 PM] Kwakado: Sula nodded, unfazed. "Many blessings and good food, madam."(edited)
[7:59 PM] bemun: "Ah, oh. Yes, good fortune be with you as well." Claire composes herself, But she isstill distracted by the pegasus.
[8:00 PM] Shiraho: "Yes, well wishes to you too. Riding a falcon through the city is a bit bold don't you think?"
[8:01 PM] Kwakado: "Ha ha, do not worry. Shimi-e means no harm, but she has been flying for a long time and wishes to rest soon."
[8:02 PM] Kwakado: "I am Sula, a man bearing dreams of exploration. Please forgive us for troubling you."
[8:03 PM] bemun: "I am Claire, hailing from Nohr." she said as she began to examine the pegasus
[8:04 PM] Shiraho: "I'm Tori, I'm a citizen here."
[8:07 PM] Kwakado: Shimi trotted restlessly to her rider's side as he took in their words. "Nohr...the fabled kingdom of darkness. I have not seen it before, but perhaps this one..." He stroked his pegasus. "...has walked on its soil."
[8:08 PM] Shiraho: "Well I'd hate to trouble your pegasus further, but would you be so kind as to help us find someone?"(edited)
[8:10 PM] Kwakado: "It is no burden to me, ha ha!" Sula beams at them. "And Shimi-e has a little wind left in her wings."
[8:10 PM] bemun: "Eh? Oh, you don't need to go that far for me"
[8:11 PM] bemun: "Flying must be difficult, I don't want to force your mount to strain itself."
[8:13 PM] Kwakado: "The wind comes and goes. I will help you for as long as we can, and no longer. But Tori..." Sula closed his eyes for a moment, then continued.Could you tell me where the royal stables are? That is where I go once we part.**(edited)
[8:16 PM] Shiraho: "They should be at the military branch in the south section of the castle grounds. It's the opposite direction of where I was headed until I met Claire here."
[8:19 PM] Kwakado: "Many thanks, from both of us!" Sula carefully lifted himself onto Shimi. "Lead the way, then, madams."(edited)
[8:21 PM] bemun: Seeing no point to declining their aid, Claire points towards the castle. "We were on our way to the castle, but we got separated by the crowds."
[8:23 PM] Shiraho: Tori turned to Claire. "It's going to be difficult for Sula to keep track of where we're going while flying above us. It's a little dangerous, but would you be okay with going through the alleys? I'll promise to keep you safe as best I can."
[8:25 PM] bemun: "Oh, don't worry about that." she reveals her sheathed sword. "I'm a knight from Nohr, I'll be more than fine in the alleys."
[8:27 PM] Shiraho: Tori felt reassured by her answer. "All right then, this way." She turned the nearest corner.(edited)
[8:28 PM] Kwakado: Sula gave his mount a pat on the nose, then pointed to Claire and Tori as they ascended, following from above the buildings
[8:29 PM] Shiraho: "So, I assume you're here for the party?"
[8:30 PM] bemun: "Yes, my father managed to get me an invitation, he says it would be a good way to broaden my horizons."(edited)
[8:32 PM] Shiraho: "Heh funny coincidence. I was planning on skipping it in favor of training but my father is forcing me to go and gave the same reason. What kind of person is he?"
[8:35 PM] bemun: "My father? He's very strong, I heard stories of him holding back legions of enemies by himself. But now that he's retired to training new knights, he's still an amazing person." Claire smiled as she spoke. "He's also very wise, he said how fighting in wars was able to help him build himself as a person."
[8:35 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I'm not sure I understand what he means by that, however."
[8:36 PM] Kwakado: Sula swooped down closer to them, picking up fragments of the conversation. He frowned to himself, cloaked by the night, but took in what he could of these strange father-stories.(edited)
[8:42 PM] Shiraho: "No doubt you'll learn whatever he means should you follow in his footsteps. Anyway we're almost here so we should probably signal for Sula to come down."
[8:42 PM] Shiraho: Tori jumped atop a nearby building and began signaling Sula to come down.
[8:44 PM] Kwakado: "Ba!" And Shimi barreled into the alley, getting her legs tangled for a moment in the landing.(edited)
[8:48 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire follows Tori slowly as she is not used to climbing buldings
[8:49 PM] Shiraho: "The stables are inside the castle grounds. They should let you in if you have an invitation."
[8:51 PM] Shiraho: "So any sign of that person you're looking for Claire?"
[8:52 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire scans the area, but to no avail. She frowns. "No, I don't see him"
[8:52 PM] Shiraho: "Speaking of which, I never asked you what he looks like."
[8:53 PM] Kwakado: Sula nods, apparently unconcerned with Shimi's mishap. He instead listens to hear Claire's description.
[8:56 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Hmm, he had long black hair, blue eyes..."
[9:02 PM] Kwakado: Sula closes his eyes and hums, as if mentally searching for the man
[9:02 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I believe his clothes were of a monk's. That's what he said was his occupation..."
[9:03 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "He's a bit taller than me" she racks her head for more details. "And that's all I got."
[9:04 PM] Shiraho: "Hmm, did you maybe plan to meet up anywhere?"
[9:04 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Not really, we were making our way to the castle, but we got separated."
[9:08 PM] Shiraho: "Well we are in a good spot to be seen if you would like to see if he passes through here."
[9:11 PM] Kwakado: Sula quivers. Then his eyes are thrown open. "Nannnn-Eh... I sense a change in the winds. A strange reunion comes before us. It could be him."
[9:13 PM] spikethe3rd: "It is true it is self fufilling but-" Versailles cuts off as he spots Claire. "Claire over here!"
[9:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire focuses on a man who looks like Versailles. "I think I see him, But I'm not sure... I need to get a closer look."
[9:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire inches forward
[9:15 PM] Kwakado: ("I hope it is not him I saw... Something is wrong.")(edited)
[9:15 PM] [SPICY] bemun: One inch too many, Claire's foot slips off the edge of the roof, and begins to falter
[9:15 PM] Marrok: "Who?" Marrok tries to identify the woman, and just barely makes out someone matching the description from earlier.
[9:16 PM] Shiraho: Tori grabbed Claire's arm "Careful now"
[9:16 PM] spikethe3rd: "Oh dear..." Versailles sees Claire start to fall.
[9:16 PM] Shiraho: Tori turned her head back to where the noise came from "Wait, is that a wolfskin?"
[9:18 PM] Kwakado: "Wolfskin-u? Do they really live this far west?"
[9:19 PM] Shiraho: "Well no not really but I did meet one just earlier."
[9:20 PM] Marrok: Seeing the woman about to fall Marrok dashes forwards, pulling the charm out from under his scarf. In a flash he's a brilliant blue Dragon, larger than before and moving much faster. He attempts to position himself below Claire. Even if people find out, I have to help.
[9:21 PM] [SPICY] bemun: As Tori turned her head, Claire was about to regain her footing, when the section she was on, gave way.
[9:21 PM] spikethe3rd: "WHOA!" Versailles stumbles back as the dragon rushes past.
[9:21 PM] Kwakado: Sula dismounts in a desperate rush, gazing down only to see a dragon beneath the falling woman. He freezes.
[9:23 PM] Shiraho: Tori lost her balance but managed to grab onto a ledge and jumped the rest of the way down safely
[9:24 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire held in tight the whole way down, and still resumes to hold on tight
[9:28 PM] Shiraho: Despite landing safely, it was still a pretty long fall. Tori kneeled as she landed and dusted herself off. "Close one"
[9:28 PM] Marrok: Realizing he wasn't actually needed he shifts back to normal, quickly lifting the scarf to cover his face as he makes a swift escape from the scene. His cheeks are bright red.(edited)
[9:29 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire opens one eye, to see that they were on the ground. She slowly sets her feet on the ground
[9:30 PM] Shiraho: "Are you all right Claire?"
[9:30 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles runs over to the two on the ground.
[9:30 PM] Kwakado: Sula, with a fire in his eyes, straightens up. "Shimi-e! Falla-Ba!" He scrambles onto the pitch-black Pegasus as it takes off, giving chase to the Dragon.
[9:32 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Y-yes, just a bit shaken." As she tried to stand on her own, but her legs were a tad to shaky to find their strength. She slumped onto the ground, her hand still gripping tori's arm. "I have a great fear of heights, and an even greater fear of falling."
[9:34 PM] Shiraho: "Brave of you to climb up with me back there then. I'm used to being in high places so climbing a building is second nature to me."
[9:34 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, I've never climbed a building before, and I am open to new things."
[9:36 PM] spikethe3rd: "Claire are you alright?" Versailles repeats, just arriving.
[9:36 PM] Shiraho: "...And you are?"
[9:37 PM] Shiraho: Tori looked toward the person who seemed to have rushed over
[9:37 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "This is Versaille, the man I was looking for."
[9:37 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire slowly but surely regains her footing, still shaky on her feet

[9:38 PM] Shiraho: "I see. My name Tori, I've been with Claire trying to look for you."
[9:39 PM] spikethe3rd: "Nice to meet you Tori. As Claire said I am Versailles." he gives a small bow.(edited)
[9:42 PM] Shiraho: "So when I saw you coming this way, there was a wolfskin next to you. Were you acquainted with him in any way?"
[9:43 PM] spikethe3rd: "Yes." Versailles looks around realizing that Marrok left. "Oh, i guess he left... and we were just discussing something."
[9:44 PM] Shiraho: "And would you happen to know anything about that big creature that passed by us when we were falling?"
[9:46 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well I suppose that was the same person..." He paused thinking it over. "But a Wolfskin Drake must be the most rare thing I've ever witnessed."
[9:47 PM] Shiraho: "I've read about both races but I've never seen a Wolfskin Drake mentioned anywhere."
[9:47 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "A wolfskin?"
[9:50 PM] spikethe3rd: "They are a race of people who have wolf-like qualities such as fur and large ears. They also have the ability to shapeshift into large monstrous Wolf forms. They are native to our land, or so legends say."
[9:50 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "A half human half wolf?"
[9:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose it may seem that way... But I think many agree that they are their own unique race with coincidental qualities. People call them Wolfskin because the tribes were so remote, we discovered them later than wolves."
[9:56 PM] Shiraho: "Hm, I've seen my fair share of wolfskin just from living here but that was my first time seeing a manakete, or at least the first time I knew it was a manakete."
[9:57 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Aren't the manakete really rare?"
[10:00 PM] spikethe3rd: "Writings on them claim they live such long lives that they seem to grow very slowly. A young manakete may look like a child for hundreds of years. Due to these two facts, they tend to not have many offspring."
[10:00 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire goes into thought
[10:03 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Wouldn't manakete feel lonely? If everyone they ever known passed through time, but they themself remain?"
[10:05 PM] spikethe3rd: "It sounds like a truly sad existence. Many have written on the philosophical outcome of longevity."
[10:06 PM] Kwakado: A black-winged beast returns to the damaged building, its rider looking much more composed now. They slowly descend towards Tori, Claire, and her mysterious friend.
[10:07 PM] Shiraho: Tori turned toward Sula "Oh you're back. Did you manage to track down the mysterious creature?"
[10:10 PM] Kwakado: "No, the Kwemou-o has vanished. But even seeing it for a second is a greater blessing than I had hoped for." He dismounts, caressing the exhausted Shimi.
[10:12 PM] Kwakado: Sula gives a bow to Versailles. "..and Kwemo to you, sir. I am Sula, nothing but a Dwabi riding the breeze."
[10:15 PM] spikethe3rd: "Hello, I am Versailles, a monk of Freyzenwald. Your pegasus is quite majestic." Versailles bows back and motions to Shimi.
[10:17 PM] Kwakado: As Versailles finishes saying "majestic", Sula takes notice of the man's ecclesial garb and the smile falls off his face. His eyes close, and he simply hums for a few moments.
[10:23 PM] spikethe3rd: "So now that we are acquainted, shall we visit the castle Claire? Unless you have already been?"
[10:30 PM] Kwakado: "Y-yes, let us rest. We have all been through many storms to arrive here."
June 28, 2016
[3:15 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Yeah, let's head to the castle, I'll try not to get lost this time"
[3:16 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nods and motions for Claire to lead the way.
[3:17 PM] Kwakado: "Rest your wings, Shimi-e. We're almost there." Sula leads the pegasus by its reins, following Claire as well.
[3:19 PM] Shiraho: Tori was just about ready to leave but followed until they reached the castle gates.
[3:20 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire lead the way, making little errors in reading her map, but in the end, the group made it to their destination
[3:21 PM] Kwakado: "Now, sir monk, both my mount and I are...rather tired. But I feel that we will have much to speak of in the morning. Meeting another land's holy man is always fulfilling."
[3:22 PM] spikethe3rd: "That sounds great! I look forward to it"
[3:25 PM] Shiraho: "Well it's late. I should really head home now. Stay safe"
[3:26 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Good night then! Will you be attending the festivities for the election?"
[3:27 PM] Shiraho: "Of course. I look forward to seeing you there" Tori walked off into the main street to stay in well-lit areas.
[3:28 PM] Kwakado: "Kwemo to you all, and may we be together again at the election!" Sula keeps going towards what looks like the stables, leading his increasingly-reluctant horse.
[3:29 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire waves at the two new friends as they leave
[3:31 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Alright, let's explore the castle!"
[3:32 PM] [SPICY] bemun: She said as she turned back to Versailles
[3:33 PM] spikethe3rd: "Okay!"
[3:35 PM] [SPICY] bemun: And the explored the castle and didn't get lost cause things were good


No comments:

Post a Comment