Saturday, July 16, 2016

Paralogue 22.2: My Psycho Self


Featuring: Drew, Mund, Yavae

[3:07 PM] Drewkas: Drew decided to try and work on his movement skills to help him navigate the capital in a "cool parkour" kinda way
[3:09 PM] Drewkas: After lunch he went to an area nearby the place he was staying(edited)
[3:11 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund was still a mental mess after the "night": he barely had any sleep since then, he looked miserable and he hasn't been eating much. Then, he caught a familiar siluette...
[3:12 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Is that... Drew?...
[3:12 PM] Drewkas: Drew could see the Manticore Tavern from where he was....perfect!
[3:13 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He automatically followed him, he felt that he had to explain himself to Drew.
[3:14 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He arrived at the said tavern Manticore Tavern... Has been a while, at least.
[3:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He bumps into Drew, to draw his attention.
[3:17 PM] Drewkas: "Oh sor-" He turns around and see's Mund and instead of acting natural like usual, he jumps, almost out of his skin(edited)
[3:19 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like you reacted that way..."
[3:19 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund sighs
[3:20 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "So, do I have an opportunity to explain myself?"
[3:21 PM] Drewkas: "Well you look terrible" Drew pulls out an apple he picked a while ago "Explain and then you should eat this"
[3:24 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund quietly accepts the deal and sits on a chair nearby. He looks into the ground and starts talking.
[3:25 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "You started your current lifestyle after your "companion" died, correct?"
[3:26 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He takes a deep breath.
[3:27 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "What if I told you that... I have one other "me"?"
[3:28 PM] Drewkas: Drew looks annoyed "What does this have to do with my 'companion'?"
[3:31 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Eh... My bad. My mind is still kinda a mess." He laughs a bit, most likely because of this error. "Ok, I should get a bit more serious here... The one who killed the soldier was... how to say this... not the current me. It was..."
[3:31 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Damn, explaining this is way harder than it sounds..."
[3:33 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "It was my "former self". Ugh, I don't know how to say this in a more clearer way."(edited)
[3:35 PM] Drewkas: "Like...a habit? Something you developed over time?"
[3:36 PM] Drewkas: Drew tries to process this while trying to not let his feelings get in the way
[3:39 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "It's... a past trauma." He was having diffilculties in saying that, but now there was no time to waste. He knew Drew was not amused to see him, so if he wanted to avoid some of his "wrath", he had to explain to him some of his past.
[3:40 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Try to guess what I was before being an Outlaw..."
[3:42 PM] Drewkas: Well your secondary is butler so "Im not sure...Really anyone could become an outlaw"
[3:44 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: No breaking the 4th wall, mister "Well, before I choosing this way, I was a 17-year-old head butler who served one of the most powerful families of Amaterasu."(edited)
[3:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Let me try to shorten my past a bit. I came from a family of butlers, who served the Vylstorm family for many years."
[3:48 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I was gifted, and I guess I'm still am, believe or not, and I considered a genius. So much, that I was the head butler at 16."
[3:49 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Everything was fine and all, until some group of assassins came into my Masters' house and, long story short, murdered everyone in there."
[3:49 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Everyone but me..."
[3:49 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He starts to shake a bit, but continues his story.
[3:51 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "When I was escaping... There was one of them not looking at me. Oddly enough, there was a bow and one arrow next to me and, without a thought, I shot him down."
[3:52 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He laughs a bit, as if killing the assassin was enjoyable.
[3:53 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I escaped that hell, and ran, ran, ran..."
[3:53 PM] Drewkas: Drew shivers a bit, the laugh and the story was getting to him
[3:54 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Found myself in the streets of the city. I was all alone, lost... and slowly becoming mad."
[3:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I wouldn't blame anyone... A 17-year-old just went through hell, lost everyone he knew and loved and killed someone. It would be obvious that his mind would be unstable..."
[3:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Things got worse. Eventually, my gifts were limited to trick, steal and kill effectivelly. For three long years..."
[3:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Until I met Boss."
[3:58 PM] Drewkas: Also Drew probably sat down too earlier
[4:01 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "He and his crew tricked me and put me in a position to surrender. I was ready to die at that moment, but I didn't see a knife through my chest. Instead, he extended his hand and said Damn, this fool looks a mess! Shouldn't we help him? "(edited)
[4:03 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Everyone was shocked, me included. I remember his crew being against the idea, everyone of them. Screaming and trying to persuade him to kill me."(edited)
[4:06 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "But Boss was pretty stubborn. He refused to listen to them and said to me: Want to change your life right now? Living in a pack is way better than alone. "(edited)
[4:07 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Without realising it, I accepted his offer and grabbed his hand, helping me to stand up."
[4:09 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "And, thanks to them, my "Psycho self" was locked away and I became the man I am today: enjoying life, every single bit of it."
[4:09 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "But, as you could see a few nights ago, he still exists."
[4:10 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I wanted to give a warning shot, to make sure I would lure the other guards away."
[4:11 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "It was never my intention to kill the poor soul, trust me on that."
[4:12 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund takes a deep breath "That... was a lot harder than it looks..."
[4:14 PM] Drewkas: ".....you can have the apple now"
[4:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund catches the apple and eats it quietly.
[4:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Any more questions?"
[4:17 PM] Drewkas: "So if someone triggers you, you go crazy....i'll just have to be even nicer to you!"
[4:17 PM] Drewkas: Drew hugs Mund
[4:19 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund was surprised by the young man's action, but didn't stop him. Knowing that he was forgiven by his current closest friend, was a pretty good feeling. "Well, I don't usually accept this, but I guess it is fine, everyonce in a while."
[4:20 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "My lord, do all outsider men like other men?"
[4:20 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae comments as she passes
[4:21 PM] Drewkas: Drew scowls before turning around with a smile "Hi Yavae"
[4:21 PM] Drewkas: "What are you doing here?"
[4:21 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Or are you just trying to steal his wallet?"
[4:22 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "It seems you two know each other." Mund stands up "My name is Mund, Drew's friend. And who might you be?"
[4:23 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yavae, and I take it you either haven't known Drew long or are a bad judge of character."
[4:25 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Hmm? Oh, I know he's an Outlaw. And..."
[4:25 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund threw Drew's bag of coins to the young man.
[4:25 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "So am I."(edited)
[4:26 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She sighs "Wonderful, more thieves. Don't try anything."
[4:26 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I won't, you can trust me on that."
[4:27 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Good, because if you do I will break you in half."
[4:27 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Also, Drew, in case you hadn't heard Vivi has moved. If you break into my room to sleep on my couch I am dropping you out the window."
[4:27 PM] Drewkas: "Actuallyyyy I got a room too!"
[4:28 PM] Drewkas: "And a job" He points at the Tavern there in front of
[4:28 PM] Drewkas: "My rooms in here!"
[4:28 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I don't think robbing a tavern counts as a job."
[4:28 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Say, Drew, why is she so violent?"
[4:28 PM] Drewkas: Drew tries to stay calm "I...work for a restaurant"
[4:29 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What, stealing food for them?"
[4:29 PM] Drewkas: Drew is getting visibly annoyed
[4:30 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Seriously, Yavae, why are you so violent?"
[4:30 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: The atmosphere was slowly turning Mund to his usual self...
[4:30 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Because I'm the strongest person here."
[4:31 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I... I see..."
[4:31 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Also, because he's an untrustworthy thief
[4:33 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Why would say that? I know Drew and he's a good guy!"
[4:33 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I think..."
[4:34 PM] Drewkas: "Hey!"
[4:34 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Ok, ok. He forgave me! So he's a good guy."
[4:34 PM] Drewkas: "I haven't stolen for at least a week"
[4:35 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Say, Yavae, why are you in here?"
[4:35 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "He said he would rob me."
[4:35 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Also, I'm wandering around."
[4:35 PM] Drewkas: "Not litterally"
[4:36 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Just by looking at you, I know that you aren't from around here."
[4:37 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I mean, no normal city person is this tall and wears... so little..."
[4:37 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Got a problem with it?"
[4:38 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "No, not at all. It's just... very unusual to see people like you. Are you from any kind of Tribe?"
[4:39 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yavae of the Fire Tribe."
[4:41 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Fire Tribe, huh? So, why would anyone from there be in the capital at this time of the year? Also celebrating the party in the future, I assume."
[4:42 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I'm here for personal reasons."
[4:44 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Damn it, she's a tough person. I don't know what to say these kind of people... "Say, Drew, do you know why she's here?"
[4:44 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Since you two know each other."
[4:44 PM] Drewkas: "I know just as much as you pal...."
[4:45 PM] Drewkas: "We got off on the wrong foot but I don't think she changes opinion easily"
[4:45 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "She's intense, I've got to confess..."
[4:45 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, maybe you shouldn't steal from people Drew."
[4:46 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And maybe you should both grow a backbone."
[4:46 PM] Drewkas: "What does our skeleton have to do with this?"
[4:46 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Hey, I just have you know that I'm really serious in my goal."
[4:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "It's an expression. It means you lack resolution."
[4:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "It means you're a pathetic coward."
[4:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "She's blunt too."
[4:48 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I like blunt things."
[4:48 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She motions to her massive club
[4:49 PM] Drewkas: "Well uhh...anyway why do you consider us cowards exactly?"
[4:49 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund sensed some menacing aura from the woman. Apparently, she seemed to want to attack the two Outlaws at any minute...(edited)
[4:49 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You said I am intimidating when I have not even done anything."
[4:50 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Well, to be fair, I think that being a thief is very far from being a coward."
[4:50 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "No, not really."
[4:51 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You cannot fight fair, look a man in the eyes and beat him on equal ground."
[4:52 PM] Drewkas: "So anyone with a bow and arrow is a coward?"
[4:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Not at all. Archers often face their enemy down."
[4:53 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Thieves hide from them."
[4:53 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Hmmm... So this is some of the average mindset of a Fire Tribe member."
[4:53 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "This is the mindset of me."
[4:53 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do not assume I am mearly some kind of sheep."
[4:55 PM] Drewkas: "Well how would you hide from an enemy with a bow and arrow? If an Outlaw and an Archer are fighting wouldnt they both be equals?"
[4:55 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I see. So there are still people who fight with honor in the battlefield."(edited)
[4:55 PM] Drewkas: Drew starts mumbling some other questions to himself as he actually imagines a scenario
[4:55 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Or like being reckless, to say the least."
[4:55 PM] Drewkas: Its gibberish at this point
[4:56 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I wouldn't hide from one, Drew, I would face them."
[4:56 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And yes, I fight with honor."
[4:57 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund laughs a bit. "Well, give up on trying to persuade her, Drew. It seems she won't understand our fight style."
[4:59 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "So, this also applies to the battlefield, I assume?"(edited)
[4:59 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What does?"
[5:00 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Fighting with honor."
[5:00 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Of course."
[5:01 PM] Drewkas: Drew remembers how he used to fight but decides not to bring it up(edited)
[5:03 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I see..." Mund thinks , with a curious look on his face. "Fight as much as you like. But if you want to survive in the battlefield, sometimes you are forced to play dirty."
[5:03 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Dirty fighting can be honorable."
[5:04 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I simply do not trick the enemy or sneak up on them."
[5:04 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "They will know who beat them and how."
[5:06 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "That's a pretty good mindset, Yavae." Mund smiles. "You're interesting, I dare to say."
[5:06 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Good. Be sure to show me respect and we just might get along, thief."
[5:09 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I'm curious, what would happen if someone is not "respectful" towards you?"(edited)
[5:09 PM] Drewkas: "Probably getting broken"
[5:09 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "The last two people were subject to public humiliation by spanking"
[5:10 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Drew, I'm starting to see that you are hanging out with the wrong kind of people."(edited)
[5:11 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "We don't hang out."
[5:11 PM] Drewkas: "Well you haven't met everyone!, besides the other two probably hating you theres....uh...a singer!"
[5:11 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "He broke into my appartment several times."
[5:11 PM] Drewkas: "I think you mean Vivi's old apartment"
[5:12 PM] Drewkas: "I haven't gone in there once since she's left"
[5:12 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Oh my gods, you really took my advices seriously..."
[5:13 PM] Drewkas: He looked at Mund "Please stop bringing it up at the worst times"(edited)
[5:13 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I will when you stop being a dishonorable thief."
[6:33 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Fine, fine, I'll try to watch my tongue."
[6:34 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "But don't try to follow any of these advices. Unless you got someone?"
[6:35 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What are you two talking about?"
[6:37 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Basically, I ate some poisoned pork, got "insane" and gave some "love" advices to Drew over here."
[6:37 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I don't know why, but I don't remember what I really said."
[6:38 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "It was... It was an interesting experience, I'll give you that."
[6:39 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm. I really shouldn't be surprised."
[6:41 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "So, if this guy entered someone's room due to these "advices", I guess I should, at least, appologize for him."
[6:41 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "If he tried anything on me, he wouldn't be speaking here. If he tried anything on Kaija they wouldn't find the body."
[6:43 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Note to self: Stay away from the Fire Tribe, might end up dead if I meet any of them... But that aside, Mund realised that something rang in his head.
[6:45 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Now, I have things to do. Try not to take things that aren't yours for once."
[6:46 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Kaija... Now that name rings a bell..."
[6:46 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Have you met her?"
[6:46 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Is she a small woman, like, really small?"
[6:46 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yes, though she detests being called such."
[6:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Oh, I've met her. She was... unique, too. Apparently, she was on effect of drugs."
[6:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "She often is."
[6:48 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do you have any idea what she was on at the time?"
[6:50 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Hmmm... I don't know about that. I do know, however, that she was accompaning some princess from her land."
[6:50 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Yes. Me."
[6:51 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Oh, so it was you..." Mund took a while to process the information, then looked somewhat shocked. "Wait, you?! You are a princess?!"
[6:52 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "My deepest apologies, my lady!"(edited)
[6:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You couldn't tell just by looking at me?"
[6:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hmph."
[6:52 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund makes a small bow.
[6:53 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I shouldn't speak so freely around you, forgive my rudeness."
[6:53 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, this is much better." She says with a smirk
[6:53 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Though I prefer that people respect me for my actions, not my station."
[6:54 PM] Drewkas: Drew makes a small bow aswell, not really sure how to treat a princess
[6:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Understood, Lady Yavae." His tone was a lot more serious and formal, as if his "butler" nature just kicked in. "I'm looking forward towards your actions."
[6:57 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "No need to be a kiss ass, I have Kaija already after all. Speaking of, I'm going to go look for her."
[6:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Do you need any help?"
[6:59 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I do not, and if I did I would prefer it did not come from a thief."
[7:00 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Understood. Then, at least good luck in your search."
[7:01 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She nods and begins to walk off "And again- don't try anything. Whether it's stealing my wallet, or just stealing a peek."
[7:04 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I wouldn't dare to steal from you, at the moment, my lady." Mund says that with a small smile, as he slowly stopped seeing the princess.
[7:13 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: When they stopped the conversation, Mund suddenly felt some of the previous fatigue. As if the conversation and the interaction with these two eased up his mind for a bit. Maybe, I should rent a room in here. I wonder if the owner still remembers me... "Well, see you soon, Drew." Mund enters the tavern, hoping to be able to sleep there.
[7:16 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: =======RP ENDUM=======




No comments:

Post a Comment