Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 17.1: Royalty in Charge of Inventory


Featuring: Salveon, Leodin

[8:02 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: It was the middle of the afternoon, and the cities center plaza was packed full of people. From the direction of the castle, a man walks into the area, sheets of paper in his hands. He grumbles as he occasionally stares up at the Queen's statue in the center before looking back down, tipping his grey hood to shield his eyes from the sun above.
[8:05 PM] REWlego: Leodin sees the hooded man exiting the castle. He doesn't recognize the man, and even though he came from the castle, Leodin is a bit suspicious. He gets near the stranger but tries to keep a distance.
[8:07 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon walks over to a wagon, settled along the side of the plaza. He starts speaking to the woman standing beside it, before walking away, scratching his head. She said I was supposed to...count...supplies. ... Where the hell...?
[8:09 PM] REWlego: Leodin follows the man over to the wagon and tries to listen to their conversation, but can't get close enough in fear of being cought.
[8:11 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: He wanders over to the statue, leaning on it as he looks around the plaza. "...It can't be that hard." He mumbles to himself.
[8:14 PM] REWlego: He follows the stranger once more as he makes his way to the statue. When he sees him looking around the plaza, Leodin looks away to try and avoid being noticed.
[8:16 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: ...I think that strange guy's been following me for a while. Salveon stands up. Trying to test his theory, he begins to walk away from the statue and towards one of the busier streets.
[8:18 PM] REWlego: Leodin incorrectly assumes that he is safe and continues to follow the hooded man, but keeping a bit more distance between them.
[8:20 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: I thought so. Hmph, wonder what he wants. ...Is he wearing a mask? Salveon continues to walk down the street, confidently. Eventually, he veers off into a quieter side street.
[8:22 PM] REWlego: Hm... Maybe he has figured me out... Leodin climbs up to a rooftop and follows the man from up above.
[8:25 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Shit, I lost him. ...Ah hell, this is a waste of time anyway. I have until... Salveon stops a passerby, asking if they knew what time it is. The question is quiet, and Leodin likely cannot hear it. ...About an hour or two. Dammit. He starts to walk back towards the plaza.
[8:27 PM] REWlego: Leodin climbs back down and follows the man again. Where is this guy going?
[8:29 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: He doesn't notice Leodin, eventually making it to the plaza. The area hasn't changed much since he last left it. ...I don't get it! There's just that wagon! Where is this supposed to be? He starts flipping through the papers in his hand.
[8:31 PM] REWlego: What's he doing...? Leodin comes up a little closer to Salveon, growing somewhat impatient.
[8:36 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon eventually starts asking nearby bystanders about something. His tone is hushed, and considering his usual lack of social skills, those who don't recognize him start walking away.
[8:39 PM] REWlego: I don't want to let him hurt anybody, but I don't want to be so quick to judge... Leodin gets even closer.
[8:42 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: He eventually gives up, walking back towards the statue. Sitting down at its base, he gazes up towards the sun in the sky. ...This is exhausting.
[8:44 PM] REWlego: I suppose he means no harm... Leodin sits down a few feet away from Salveon.
[8:46 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: That's him again. Has he been following me the whole time? Salveon stands up and walks towards Leodin. "Can I help you?"
[8:48 PM] REWlego: Leodin stands, being slightly shorter than the other man. "No, not really. I don't see much that you can do for me, but you look rather suspicious walking around the plaza."
[8:51 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: ...Well he's not wrong, really. "...I look suspicious? What about you? ...Do you wear that mask all the time?"
[8:52 PM] REWlego: "I... well, yes. I do sir... touché."
[8:53 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Then I'll ask first. Who are you?"
[8:54 PM] REWlego: "My name is Leodin. I watch over the plaza to make sure it's safe for the upcoming election ceremony."
[8:56 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "..." ...I think Luna mentioned some masked weirdo hanging out in the plaza. "...Then I suppose you're doing a good job of it."(edited)
[8:59 PM] REWlego: I didn't expect any form of praise... "Well, thank you. I like to think that I am... If I may ask, who are you?"
[9:00 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Heh." He pulls off his hood, revealing his dark brown hair. "I'll let you guess."
[9:05 PM] REWlego: Leodin looks shocked as he takes a step back "Wait, you're... You're Salveon?"(edited)
[9:07 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "...Yes, of course I am. Who did you think I was?"
[9:09 PM] REWlego: Leodin takes a knee and bows his head. "I apologize that I didn't recognize you, sir, I didn't think I was following royalty."
[9:15 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "And I didn't think I was followed by an actual guard." Salveon chuckles quietly to himself, before noticing the man had gone down on one knee. "...Stand back up. ...I'm not used to that treatment yet." I guess Luna loves it, though.
[9:17 PM] REWlego: "Of course, sir." Leodin stands back up. "Although I suppose I should tell you, I'm not really an 'actual' guard."
[9:18 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "...Mmm? What do you mean by that?"
[9:19 PM] REWlego: "I'm not paid to do this, I just talked to Sir Kazama and he let me watch over the plaza."
[9:21 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "...Are you just really bored then?"(edited)
[9:21 PM] REWlego: "I don't think it's boredom, I just want to keep people safe."
[9:22 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Ah...that's a good mentality to have." Salveon looks down for a moment. I bet he can do a lot better than me...
[9:23 PM] REWlego: "I like to think so.... So, if I may ask, what are you doing out in the plaza today?"(edited)
[9:26 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "..." "...Shit, I completely forgot!" Salveon raises his hand again, the bundle of papers gripped tightly. "I have to...I still don't know what I'm doing!"
[9:27 PM] REWlego: "O-okay... Would you like some help?"
[9:27 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Wait, he watches the plaza, doesn't he? "Yes! Okay, okay...Leodin, right?"
[9:28 PM] REWlego: "Yes. Leodin Stormblade, actually."
[9:35 PM] REWlego: "What would you like me to do, sir?"
[9:36 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "I...alright, have you seen a large shipment of..." He pauses for a moment, a weird expression on his face. "...Fish?" He speaks with various gestures.
[9:38 PM] REWlego: "Fish....?" Leodin tries to recall anything like that. "I don't thing so, but I will definitely keep a lookout for it."
[9:39 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: He puts his hands on his hips. "...That doesn't make sense. There should have been a shipment here in the plaza already!" He looks down and begins to fan through his papers.
[9:40 PM] REWlego: "Hmm... That is quite odd..."
[9:43 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "I'm supposed to...take inventory and direct the wagon over to the storehouse..." Salveon speaks mostly to himself, as he fans through the papers in his hands.
[9:44 PM] REWlego: "If I may inquire, who put royalty in charge of inventory?"
July 9, 2016
[1:34 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "They were short staffed, and Luna..." He pauses for a moment, before speaking with an exaggurated hand motion. "Oh, I'm sorry, 'princess' Lunarea asked me to help out."
[2:03 PM] REWlego: "Well, if you need any help, you can usually find me here in the plaza, although I'm going to be a bit busier than I used to be, due to recently being employed."
[2:05 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Great, lets check the warehouses, then." He stands up, staring at a side street before turning his head, "you coming?"
[2:07 PM] REWlego: "Alright, let's go." Leodin follows Salveon.
[2:09 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: As they walk, he continuously refers to the sheets in his hands. "Alright...we're looking for...a wagon filled with raw fish. Should have arrived already. Keep your eyes peeled."
[2:12 PM] REWlego: "Perhaps I should get a higher vantage point..." Leodin climbs up onto a nearby building and follows Salveon while scanning the streets.
[2:16 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Oh, that might work." Salveon leaps and dashes up a building too, landing on the rooftop with excellent technique.
[2:25 PM] REWlego: "You look like you've done this before... I thought I was the only one who knew their way around the rooftops of Amaterasu!" He briefly glances at Salveon when he says this, but goes straight back to looking for the wagon.
[2:28 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Heh, its just experience." He grinned at Leodin, before leaping forwards, rooftop to rooftop headed for the warehouses.
[2:30 PM] REWlego: Leodin takes this somewhat as a challenge and runs up ahead of Salveon.
[2:31 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "We're playing like that, are we?" Salveon starts to run faster, gaining ground on Leodin.
[2:34 PM] REWlego: Leodin grins as he quickens his pace, nearing the warehouses.
[2:36 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon quickens his pace to keep up with the man. Far ahead of the pair, a large building with a slanted roof lies ahead at the end of the road, sitting next to the water.
[2:36 PM] REWlego: Leodin points at the roof, trying to indicate the finish line.
[2:37 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon doesn't acknowledge him, trying to focus on jumping faster. Falling wasn't even considered. He's fast!
[2:40 PM] REWlego: Leodin focuses on jumping farther instead of higher, to avoid useless air-time, all while keeping his head facing forward... Although I've been traversing these rooftops longer, Salveon seems very skilled at this...(edited)
[2:43 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: There! The warehouse! Leaping from the last rooftop, Salveon lands on the warehouse roof, planting both his feet down at the same time.
[2:45 PM] REWlego: Leodin leaps onto the roof and rolls back up to his feet. "Ah... whew." Wait, who won?
[2:46 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon is breathing heavily, turning around to lie down on the slanted roof. "Hah...so who won?"(edited)
[2:47 PM] REWlego: Leodin stands up straight, still catching his breath. "It looked pretty close.... Would you like to call it a draw?"
[2:48 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Shit, he's faster than he looks. "Seems fair to me. Impressive, Leodin."
[2:49 PM] REWlego: "Thank you, you did pretty well yourself." Leodin reaches out a hand.
[2:51 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon takes it, grinning as he sat up. "Haha...ha...what were we doing again?"
[2:52 PM] REWlego: "Good question.... ah, we're at the warehouse... It was the missing wagon, right?"
[2:54 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Yeah, yeah, that..." Salveon holds up the papers in his hands again. "...Ugh, a shipment of fish all the way from Neko Shogun. How hard is it to find this...?"
[2:56 PM] REWlego: "Heh, I'm not too familiar with the geography of this region... I could tell you anything you need to know about the Khlinese Oligarchy, but I don't know much outside of there."
[2:56 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Oh, were you born in Khlin?"
[2:56 PM] REWlego: "Oh, uh... yes, I was."
[2:57 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Aah. I'm not very used to this country yet either...I was born on another continent."
[2:58 PM] REWlego: "Huh... Where is that?"(edited)
[2:59 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Ashelande. Ever heard of it?"
[3:00 PM] REWlego: "Hm... it sounds familiar..."
[3:02 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Heh, I'm surprised. Its pretty far away from here."
[3:03 PM] REWlego: "I don't recall exactly where I heard it from..."
[3:04 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Hmm, well anyway, guess we're both in the same boat, huh?" He looks down at his paper again. "Though...I don't recall Neko Shogun being very close to the capital. ...Isn't it that city way up north?"
[3:04 PM] REWlego: Leodin shrugs
[3:05 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: If its nowhere near the capital...how do... "How does one...cart an entire wagon of raw fish...all the way to the capital...in the middle of summer?"
[3:06 PM] REWlego: Leodin starts to think for a moment. "You.... don't."
[3:07 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "..." Salveon has a strange expression on his face.
[3:08 PM] REWlego: "It might be possible that we've been tricked.... But what motive would someone have for doing that?"
[3:12 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Heh...heh...she doesn't need a motive." He stands up, grinning at Leodin. "The princess of Freyzenwald has a certain...persona that you rarely see."
[3:13 PM] REWlego: Leodin looks very confused. "Are you saying that one of the princesses did this?"
[3:17 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Haha, oh yes. Oh, yes. The one that gave me the order in the first place." Salveon holds a hand out. "It was nice to meet you, Leodin."
[3:20 PM] REWlego: Leodin takes the handshake "It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Lord Salveon."
[3:21 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: He nods. "Now then, I need to return to the castle so I can kill my wife." Before leaping off to the next roof. He turns and waves one more time.
[3:24 PM] REWlego: Leodin stands there for a moment, stunned by what Salveon said. That has to be a joke, right? He turns to wave goodbye to Salveon before heading back to the plaza.
[3:25 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: ==========END RP==========





No comments:

Post a Comment