Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 13.3: Born in Intetsu



Featuring: Kalenzo, Leodin

[4:18 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: After another uneventful morning of the same routine, Kalenzo took it upon himself to browse the wares of the marketplace, and perhaps even buy himself something nice... As he walked the main streets, he examined the various stalls and what they had to offer. Hmmm, oh, I see... I didn't know that came in that color! Oh my... that smells delicious... He thought as he perused the wide variety of foods and native delicacies. After a minute of picking and choosing, Kalenzo payed the gold he owed and slung the bag of smoked meats and dried fruits over his shoulder and began walking away with a satisfied look on his face.
[4:26 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Impatience got the best of Kalenzo as he took the bag of assorted goods and looked in it while he was walking. In his blissful unawareness, the bowman bumped into Leodin, causing him to drop his purchased goods. "Tch, damn it!" He cursed as the bag fell to the ground, spilling some of the contents onto the city's street.
[4:29 PM] REWlego: "Huh?" Leodin normally pays attention to all of his surroundings, but he hadn't noticed the bowman untill it was too late "Oh, I apologize. Here, let me help you with this..." Leodin leans down and starts picking up assorted goods that had fallen.
[4:38 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo was very tempted to start cursing out the man, but decided against it to keep his air of professionalism intact, preferring to not come off as a complete prick. Gods damn it, I was going to eat that... "It's quite alright, thank you, I appreciate it." Kalenzo responded, leaning down himself to help out with the effort.
[4:48 PM] REWlego: "Ah, I'm really sorry..." Leodin finishes handing all of the items back to the man. "Uh, I can help you carry all of this, if you'd like."
[5:01 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "That sounds wonderful," Kalenzo smiled wryly, opening the top of the bag towards Leodin, "but I don't see much of a reason for it, would you kindly give me back my stuff?"(edited)
[5:04 PM] REWlego: "Of course." Leodin puts the rest of the items into the bag. "I don't mind carrying the bag for you, it was my mistake, so I should do something to repay you."
[5:07 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "No no no, I assure you. As much as I hate to admit it, our collision was thanks to me. If anything I should be sharing some of this food with you." Kalenzo waved off, reaching into the bag and pulling out half of a dried peach in order to offer it to the man.
[5:08 PM] REWlego: "No, I couldn't take that..." Leodin puts his hands at his side to try and avoid the man making him take it.
[5:10 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well ok then, if you say so..." Kalenzo quickly answered, stuffing the peach half back into the bag before closing it shut and slinging it back over his shoulder.
[5:14 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: He placed his free hand on his hip before asking a question. "Say... you wouldn't happen to know where the Blue Moon Cafe would be, would you?" Kalenzo, why in the name of the Gods above are you asking this question? You already know most of this city inside and out, is it because you're THAT desperate for another person to talk to? Are you serious?! "If so, could you take me there? That would be more than enough of a repayment."
[5:16 PM] REWlego: "Hm... I think I might know where that is... If I don't then I guess we'll just get a nice conversation out of this."
[5:20 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Hmph, fair enough..." Kalenzo replied, rolling his neck before fixating his stare back onto the man.
[5:21 PM] REWlego: "Alright, I suppose you can follow me." Leodin starts leading the way to the Blue Moon Cafe, but after a few paces he turns around and stops "I'm so sorry, I should have introduced myself first..." Leodin reaches out a hand. "My name is Leodin."
[5:25 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: The bowman raised his eyebrows at the sudden stop, but was quick to relax in order to shake the man's hand. "Nice to meet you Leodin, my name is Kalenzo."
[5:26 PM] REWlego: Leodin continues walking again "So, Kalenzo, I suppose the election festivities bring you to Amaterasu?"
[5:30 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Resuming his vanity-filled walking, Kalenzo turned his head to answer Leodin's question, "Well, that's merely one of the reasons. I'm also making my way around the continent, in search of culture wherever I may go."(edited)
[5:31 PM] REWlego: "Oh, fascinating... What country do you come from?"
[5:34 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I came from a small farm in Khlin, nothing too special..." Kalenzo drifted off, his vision fixating itself on what was in front of him to avoid the whole bumping mess again.
[5:35 PM] REWlego: "Oh, you come from Khlin? I, uh... I come from there as well." Please tell me he hasn't heard of me, please.
[5:39 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Huh... really now... That's fascinating, might I ask what part of the country you're from?" He inquired, his head still facing forward but his eyes were looking over at Leodin.
[5:40 PM] REWlego: Leodin starts looking very uncomfortable. "I, uh... I was born in Intetsu."
[5:43 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, I see..." Kalenzo commented, aggression starting to build in his voice
[5:45 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I'm guessing you were raised with silver spoon in hand, then... must've been nice..."(edited)
[5:48 PM] REWlego: "I, well... I don't normally share this, but I don't have much of a choice..." Leodin took a deep breath. "I was raised in Intetsu for most of my childhood and teenage years, but I left at the age of 15 to join the Khlinese resistance against Intetsu."
[5:53 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Reaally now? Well then, answer me this: Why should I believe you? Why should I think that you're not just making this up to avoid looking bad?" Kalenzo inquired, now fully looking at Leodin with an expression of disgust.
[5:58 PM] REWlego: Leodin takes another deep breath. "I suppose you've never heard about Godfried the Bold? The legendary dread fighter that found secret plans in Intetsu?"(edited)
[6:00 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I can't say that I have," He responded, exhaling through his nose with the utmost apathy.
[6:03 PM] REWlego: "Well, he was my uncle, and this is his armor..... If you asked any leading member in the rebellion if they knew Godfried Stormblade, I am certain that they could tell you about him. Even if you asked about Leodin, I think that most of them would know who you're talking about."
[6:13 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well then, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it." Kalenzo shrugged, his features relaxing into a neutral expression... Until he slinked over uncomfortably close to the man's face. "...But just know that if I find anything, and I mean a-ny-thing, that proves you aren't telling the truth, and that you are supporting those rich and pompous assholes. I will not hesitate in the slightest to find you and kill you myself."
[6:14 PM] REWlego: "Oh, everything I told you is the truth, and honestly, I'm surprised I even told you."
[6:31 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Surprised that the man was unfazed by the sudden glaring, Kalenzo lifted his chin before he backed off. "Well then, just know that I'll be keeping my eye on you." He added as the Blue Moon cafe came into view.
[6:34 PM] REWlego: "I wouldn't expect it any other way..." Leodin looks up at the cafe "Ah, I believe we're aproaching your destination."
[6:37 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Mhmm, that we are..." He responded, shifting the shoulder that he was resting his food on.
[6:39 PM] REWlego: "Well, it was a pleasure meeting you, Kalenzo. I hope that we can talk more again sometime soon."
[6:47 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo raised his eyebrows at the man's kind words of departure. "It was... nice to meet you too, Leodin. Perhaps we will be able to..." He answered, awkwardly waving goodbye to the man he had felt very unsure about. After not breaking stride, he entered the open-air building.
[6:48 PM] REWlego: Leodin stood and watched as the man entered before heading back to continue his watch over Amaterasu.
[6:51 PM] REWlego: ==========RP END==========





No comments:

Post a Comment