Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 16.3: The Mugger Threatened


Featuring: Kalenzo, Kazama


[9:03 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Another day, another snore... Kalenzo thought as he woke up this lovely morning, Gods, I feel like I've done nothing for the past day. What the hell am I supposed to write about in my journal? I don't even WRITE journals! Kalenzo continued to monologue as he got out of bed and prepared himself for the day, as he put on his cloak, his thoughts became clear. Oh what the hell, I guess another round about the city will do my mind some good, I guess... He exited the inn, chewing on a piece of dried fruit, using his free hand to keep the bow on his shoulder in place as he walked.
[9:04 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama, as usual, was watching the plaza from inside a crowd.
[9:08 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: At last, Kalenzo had reached the plaza, the one place he was trying to avoid with the bow and quiver on him quite visible. He kept to the outskirts, using his bow-hand to take an arrow out of his quiver for a surprise examination. Thinking that he may look suspicious, the artist tried to sneak into an alleyway and away from prying eyes.
[9:11 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama, noticing a suspicious-looking bowman, began to tail him, staying out of his line of sight as he followed.
[9:17 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo finished off the rest of his dried peach as he entered the alleyway, letting out a satisfied breath, he examined the arrow closer. He didn't realize the man trailing him yet, too pre-occupied by his little herald of perfection. Kalenzo, using both of his hands, ran the fingers of one hand down the shaft, feeling for his signature marking. "Ah yes, Aaron... hmm hmm, you made quite the face when I took your life..." He mumbled to himself, still blissfully unaware of the man behind him as he brought the arrow close in a sort of embrace before putting it back into his quiver.(edited)
[9:21 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama, hearing something about taking a life, moved closer, not revealing himself yet.
[9:27 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: As he walked further down the alleyway, Kalenzo stuck his hands into his pockets, starting to hum an unfamiliar tune. http://bit.ly/29rWZDy
[9:36 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama retrieved a shuriken, walking into the alleyway and tailing quietly.
[9:44 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "'Scuse me!" A mysterious man interjected, sticking out an arm in the way of Kalenzo's path. "I 'ope you know this alley has a toll to it." The cloaked man added, stepping in front of the halted virtuoso.
[9:45 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama began to slow down, watching the confrontation.
[9:47 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Really now?" Kalenzo questioned, his expression quickly becoming annoyed, "I had no idea about any toll I have to pay..."
[9:49 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "And besides that, what if I don't have any money?" Kalenzo added, shifting his hands out of his pockets and onto his hips.
[9:50 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama held his shuriken at the ready, expecting a fight.
[9:53 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "...Well then, I guess you'll have to pay one way or another!" The mugger threatened, the glint of a knife shining from the confines of his cloak.
[9:53 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo simply sat there, his hands still on his hips and his eyes still narrowed on the mugger.
[9:54 PM] AOMRocks20: Wait for it...
[9:57 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Tch, such horrible form, let me guess, he's going to lunge at me? He thought, watching as the mugger did just that. The bowman calmly side-stepped the strike and let the so called 'threat' stumble over himself, desperately trying to recover from the fumble. "Oh come on. You've gotta try harder than that if you want my coin." Kalenzo taunted, a sly grin tugging at his face.(edited)
[9:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama slowly began to approach the two, shuriken still readied. "There seems to be a problem here, fellows."
[10:00 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Gods, is he one of the security guards they have posted around here? Kalenzo thought as he plastered a fake smile onto his face "Oh no, 'tis simply a misunderstanding here, sir"(edited)
[10:01 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really?" Kazama swiftly kicked the thug who assaulted Kalenzo onto the ground. "It appears this man here has attempted to assault you."
[10:05 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo stifled a laugh as the punk got what he deserved, depositing his hands back into his pockets. "Oh he did now? I simply thought he had invited me to an impromptu dance..." He answered, his fake smile slowly turning into a real one as the mugger writhed in pain on the floor.(edited)
[10:06 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, yes... And I'm sure that little rose in his hand was meant for his teeth?" He kicked the man again. "DROP YOUR WEAPON!"
[10:09 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: The clatter of metal hitting the street rang throughout the alley as the punk threw his weapon onto the ground. The shuddering mess of a man laid on the ground, a sad mixture of embarassment and injury crawling it's way onto his face. Kalenzo simply chuckled at the ninja's retort, rolling his shoulders idly .(edited)
[10:10 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama grabs the man from under the arms, lifting him onto his feet. "Now, I think that's more than enough evidence for thievery and attempted assault, right?"
[10:11 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, and don't try to run, or else you'll be resisting arrest, and that'll be even worse."
[10:15 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "N-no p-please sir..." The mugger seemed to whine, his hood coming down as he was lifted up onto his feet.
[10:17 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckled. "Hoho, I'm afraid it's already too late to beg." He faces Kalenzo. "Would you like to watch me drag him over to the watch, sir?"
[10:21 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh I'd be delighted to!" Kalenzo answered, Gods, I was so close to making a new piece out of that man... He cursed behind a mask of happiness
[10:23 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama turns the man around so he's facing him, then slammed him in the face with a haymaker before locking his arms behind his back. "There we are..." He presses the toe of his boot against the back of his shin. "Now then, let's get marching."
[10:30 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: A cornucopia of "Acks" and "Aughs" spring forth from the would-be mugger as he crumples. Kalenzo simply stifles another laugh as he makes himself parallel to the guard, awaiting further directions.
[10:31 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Alright, let's get marching." He reiterates(edited)
[10:32 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama slowly ferries the man over to a station with a watchman. He shoves the mugger into a guard, who takes him into a building, and Kazama dusts off his hands. "That'll do!"
[10:39 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Alright then," Kalenzo remarked, taking his hands out of his pockets in order to fold them, "I'm not really sure how to say this, but, Thank you?"(edited)
[10:40 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "It's no problem. Apologies for the trouble that man gave you."
[10:44 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, it was no trouble at all," Kalenzo waved off, dismissing the statement "That man couldn't hurt me even if he tried."
[10:48 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really?" Kazama raised an eyebrow. "You know self-defense?"
[10:53 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh, you could say that..." Kalenzo trailed off, half-assing an answer before quickly correcting himself, "I certainly know how to handle myself in a fight, I mean."
[10:54 PM] AOMRocks20: Even more suspicious behavior... Kazama nods. "I see. You believe you would hold your own until the watch would arrive?"
[11:03 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "But of course!" I'd do a lot more than that, though... Kalenzo answered, giving the man a genuine smile.
[11:07 PM] AOMRocks20: "I see. Again, my apologies for this."
July 8, 2016
[12:37 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "It's not a problem," He responded, shrugging "Just one less street-urchin that I have to deal with."
[12:38 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Regardless, I don't think we've shared names yet. It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Kalenzo" He added, giving a tiny bow in addition
[4:51 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nodded, offering a hand. "I am Kazama, head of the security in Amaterasu's plaza."
[4:54 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kazama, eh? At long last... This is the one who's working in the shadows, keeping me away from my passion... Kalenzo thought murderously as he shook the ninja's hand with a smile on his face.
[4:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Nothing? ...Odd. Kazama clears his throat, withdrawing his hand. "So, I take it you're a bowman?"
[5:06 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Why yes, I am," Kalenzo answered, looking on the bow that had kept itself perched on his shoulder throughout the entire encounter.
[5:08 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I take pride in my work," He added, "I hope you do as well."
July 9, 2016
[12:08 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nodded. "I very much do. Are you a mercenary?"
[12:18 AM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I, wouldn't call myself a mercenary per se..." Kalenzo responded, a sly grin crawling it's way onto his face "I like to think of myself as more of a travelling artist."
[8:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "The art of...killing?"
[8:27 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, excuse me?" Kalenzo questioned, feigning innocence with an ever-so-furrowed brow "What makes you say that?"
[8:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, you're an archer. Bows are a tool made for killing."
[8:34 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Tch, damn it, he may be onto me... "Well, I do have to protect myself somtimes, I often travel alone you see?" Kalenzo answered, "Bandits and Highwaymen alike tend to avoid those who are armed, no?"
[8:35 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes, but you referred to your use of weapons as an art. Does that not mean you practice the art of killing?"
[8:46 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: You are completely correct, you'll find I murder the competition, Kalenzo thought, his expression still twisted by fabricated confusion. "Well, you're not wrong. I do enjoy the occasional deer hunt if my pockets seem to be thin. But for the most part, I am an artist. An artist who enjoys theater, music and works of art."
[8:47 PM] AOMRocks20: Very, very suspicious... I'll have to keep an eye on them. Hopefully, he doesn't murder anyone on my watch. Kazama nods, acting corrected. "Ah, okay, I see."
[8:54 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Hoh thank the Gods above I was able to dodge that... Kalenzo thought, a bead of sweat finally rolling down the side of his smiling face. "Mhmm, yes sir." Nothing suspicious here, just a travelling artist trying to make a living!(edited)
[8:57 PM] AOMRocks20: Hrm... I'll need more evidence. Kazama smiles. "Well, if you need anything, please, see me."
[9:06 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Will do, once again, thank you very much" Gods, I could've quartered that mugger and had his blood painting the walls by now if it weren't for you... Kalenzo responded, giving another tiny bow.
[9:07 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "I'll be off, then. Good day, Kalenzo."
[9:12 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Good day to you too, Kazama" Kalenzo smiled, his anger still boiling behind the happy mask of a face.
[9:14 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: =====End RP?=====

No comments:

Post a Comment