Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 12.2: Preferring the Dark Streets

Featuring: Kalenzo, Salveon


[3:41 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Hnnngaaaaaaah..." Kalenzo groaned, stretching as he sat up in his room's bed. Smacking his lips, he thought about what he'd do for the day. You know, I've been too hard on myself these past couple of days, I should treat myself to something special. I deserve it. He smiled as he gathered his things, forsaking his bow and arrows in exchange for a bag with his bare necessities. As he put his hair in a ponytail for the day, his vision drifted over to the sheathed knife that laid on his night-stand, it's simple presence bringing back many memories of his teacher and the father figure he was forced to kill. The bowman quickly shook his head, grabbing the blade by the grip and clipping it onto the back of his belt. Not now, not like this... Kalenzo reminded himself, throwing the hand-me-down cloak over his shoulders and making his way out of the inn. Breathing in the air did him some good, a smile slowly grew on his face as his mind cleared. He moved with his usual air of suavity towards the public bath house.
[3:58 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Wandering the streets of Amaterasu, a dark brown haired man slinked along with his grey hooded cloak pulled all the way around his head. His clothes were quite plain and common. I don't think...anyone is talking to me today. Good. Nobody notices me like this. Now then...what did she want again? Some kind of fish, or something... ...Why can't she come out and buy it herself...
[4:05 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo continued on his way to the house, preferring to take the alleyways as opposed to the main streets. He was in a good mood and his face and how he carried himself accentuated that fact. ...Gods, it's been how long since I've had a proper and full bathing? About a week, maybe a couple days, maybe? The bowless bowman thought as he walked with a hastened pace. Not in his usual sense of being, he accidently bumped into the grey-clad fellow. "Oh! Excuse me!" Kalenzo quickly apologized before continuing down his path to the bath house.
[4:10 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Kalenzo takes the man by surprise. He quickly takes a small hop backwards, taking a light defensive stance. Oops. I didn't need...to do that. Old habits, I guess. "Its...fine." He mumbled way too quietly. After regaining his bearings, the man continued to walk towards the market. ...Which was the same direction Kalenzo was headed.
[4:18 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo continued unfazed by the small happenstance, out of the corner of his eye however he spotted the man heading in the same direction he was. Or maybe he was following him, either way it made the virtuoso slightly uncomfortable. He kept an eye on the man as the two continued through the alley.
[4:21 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: ...I didn't know there were people that liked to walk in alleyways like me. Unless this guy is up to something. ...Thats silly. There's nothing suspicious about prefering the dark streets. ...I mean, thats what I'm doing. The man continues to awkwardly follow behind Kalenzo, looking off to the sides as he did.
[4:26 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: It only took a couple more steps before Kalenzo couldn't tolerate the icy awkwardness of the silence anymore. He decided to speak up, awkwardly trying to make smalltalk "So, sorry about bumping into you like that. We appear to be going in the same direction, where are you heading to?"
[4:29 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Oh, he started talking to me. ...I should have walked the main streets today. "The market." He speaks in a low voice, keeping a careful eye on Kalenzo.
[5:14 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Hmm, fascinating..." Kalenzo remarked, his voice drifting off as he turning his head away from the man walking beside him. Keeping one foot in front of the other, he still kept an eye on the man he was walking with in case he tried to pull off any funny business.(edited)
[5:16 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "You?" Kalenzo's interesting demenour invited a further response. The man kept pace now with Kalenzo, walking beside him.
[5:23 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh I'm just heading to the public bath house," Kalenzo replied, his focus drifting back to the stranger, "I'd just like to have a day to relax after what I did during the past week."(edited)
[5:25 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Busy with a job?" I can understand that.
[5:40 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Yeah, you could say that..." He replied, shifting his hands into his pockets as they walked parallel to each other.(edited)
[6:43 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "Oh, I see. What do you do, anyway?" The man asked Kalenzo curiously.
[6:51 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, I'm nothing more than a travelling artist, trying to make a place for myself in this wonderful world." Kalenzo replied, still a bit apprehensive of walking close to the stranger.
[7:35 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "An artist..." The man hesitated for a moment, before perking up. "Thats what I thought! Well, actually I was going to guess hunter."
[7:36 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, that's not too far off," Kalenzo shrugged before smiling "I'm also fairly well versed with the bow and arrow."
[7:38 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: The man smiled to himself before speaking, "you seemed like a perfectionist, so I figured...what is your name, anyway? Perhaps I've heard of you?"
[7:41 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo's smile became smug as he gained praise from the stranger. "My name is Kalenzo," The artist almost seemed to announce before adding, "I'm not very well known throughout these lands... yet."(edited)
[7:46 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Kalenzo, huh? He's right, I've never heard of him before. ...I don't know many performers in the first place. Maybe Ellis knows. "So you're foreign, then?" He speaks, more to himself than Kalenzo, "...Oh, I'm Salveon, by the way." He holds his right hand sideways for a shake.
[7:48 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, I wouldn't say foreign, I'd much rather say that I'm from the south of here." Kalenzo responded, meeting the man's right hand with his own before adding "It's a pleasure to meet you, Salveon."
[7:50 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "South? Would you be referring to Khlin, then? I didn't know many performers originated there..."
[7:54 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Yes, I am from Khlin. And as for your second statement, yes, not many performers originate from there. I am certainly an exception, however, I never would have found my true calling in life if I hadn't left that hell-hole of a country."
[7:57 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: "It does seem pretty bad down there...really makes me appreciate living here." Salveon smiles, taking a sniff of the air as he walked
[8:15 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Ab-So-Lutely. Being anywhere that isn't in Khlin is the place for me..." Kalenzo remarked, taking his hands out of his pockets to place one on his hip. It was only a couple more steps before the two of them reached the end of the alley, funneling into the main plaza.
[8:19 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon looked down the street leading to the market, before turning back to Kalenzo. "Well, I should be off before all the fish is sold out."
[8:23 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well alright then, I guess I'll see you around, then. It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintence, Salveon." Kalenzo responded to the man, looking down the same street.
[8:24 PM] [SPICY] Amasuro: Salveon waves at the man before flipping his hood back, and walking down the street towards the market.
[8:30 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo returns the favor before heading off in the opposite direction of the man, with a pep in his step and a smile on his face. That man's certainly something...
[8:45 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: =====End RP, I guess=====



No comments:

Post a Comment