Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Paralogue 18.3.2: To Protect the Khlinese

Featuring: Sula, Leodin


[12:47 AM] Kwak Sparrow: The Dwabi's hand gripped the table edge. "Come with me. Outside. Now."
[1:07 PM] REWlego: "A-alright..."
[1:08 PM] Kwak Sparrow: The two of them go out a back door, to an alleyway with not much besides a few wooden posts. Less than 24 hours ago, the two had met here, next to a pile of stolen goods.
[1:12 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Tell me, Leo-a." An icy smile spreads across his face. "Did they force you to do that, or are you just that stupid?"
[1:14 PM] REWlego: "Force me to do what? Who are they?"
[1:16 PM] Kwak Sparrow: The Dwabi's tattooed hands clasped together, perhaps shining a bit in the moonlight. "We came to start to show Ellis-u why she should not bring soldiers into Khlin. And then you go and beg her for that? What are you thinking?"(edited)
[1:19 PM] REWlego: "Sula... what do you think will happen if we don't get some help in Khlin?"
[1:20 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Then I will have saved your people, Klafi brat!" Sula's palms are clamped shut. "...Where is Vivian-na."(edited)
[1:20 PM] REWlego: "W-what? What does Vivianna have to do with all of this?"
[1:21 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Someone delivered her necklace to the princess on a silver platter. Was it you?"
[1:21 PM] REWlego: "M-me? Why would I do that?"
[1:23 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "To silence me! Or maybe your Kran-hai friends did it, to make sure you begged for a bloodbath!"
[1:24 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula shuts his eyes, turning away from the boy. "Strangers in the streets at night tell me about your feelings for her. Any of them could have easily known."(edited)
[1:26 PM] REWlego: Leodin grabs both of Sula's shoulders and turns him to face him. In a stern and deliberate tone he says "Sula, do you think I want it to be a masacre? Huh? As much as I hate those in Intetsu, You should know that I would never want them to be slaughtered."(edited)
[1:28 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Leodin can feel tremors in Sula's shoulders."Then who made you ask for it? Kaza-ma? Kalen-zo? Kazu-ya? Who took Vivi-u?"
[1:28 PM] REWlego: "Who took- what do you mean? Are you saying someone took Vivianna?"
[1:30 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Tell me I am wrong. Tell me how it can be, that her charm is around the princess's neck right now."
[1:31 PM] REWlego: "That means nothing... She could have given it to someone. If you were concerned about Vivianna being captured, why didn't ask the waiter where the necklace came from, hm?"
[1:32 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "And show them that I am confused?! Leo-i, that was not some cheap trinket. She would never just give it away."
[1:34 PM] REWlego: "Says you... I as much as anyone should know that Vivianna's feelings can be fragile... Who knows, perhaps she heard about the dinner and got the wrong idea."
[1:35 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "...So you had no idea it was hers." Sula shakes his head.
[1:35 PM] REWlego: "No......"
[1:37 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Ommm...." He wondered if Leodin was right, and his eyes had presumed too much from her smile. She could have handed it off to anyone, couldn't she?(edited)
[1:38 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Then what were you thinking, asking her to get past their defenses?"
[1:39 PM] REWlego: "The Rebellion won't be able to do it on their own... If and when the Freyzenese come to help, I will be there with them to make sure things don't get out of hand."
[1:41 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "You...." Sula slipped back out of Leo's grip. "In-tetsu brat! Out of hand?! Do you want her to die?!"(edited)
[1:42 PM] REWlego: "Her? As in my mother?" He scoffs "If I'm being honest, I wouldn't be disappointed if she did."
[1:43 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula's head jerked to the side, as if struck. "...Of course I mean Lady Satomi. But your sword does not cut so thin, Leo-i, that you can choose who lives and dies!"(edited)
[1:45 PM] Kwak Sparrow: His smile has turned into a snarl by now, nostrils flaring like a gale. "War is no game. People's lives are not...set pieces for you to play hero, Leo!"(edited)
[1:48 PM] REWlego: Leodin begins to yell menacingly "I'm not trying to be a hero!" "I'm trying to do what's best for the people of Khlin! If that means the death of a few greedy nobles in Intetsu, then so be it!" He begins to calm down. "I don't want a bloodbath... If I could decide everything, then I would make it a peaceful transition of government... Sadly, I don't make the rules, so bringing the Freyzenese to Intetsu is our best option."
[1:52 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Gods!" Sula slams his wounded heel into the street. His cloudy grey eyes stare into the mask. "Dress up all you want. Run on the rooftops. But you do not bring Frey-zen demons into your home. You do not ask for it. You do not poison your own family, Nanyo brat! That is...not even human!"(edited)
[1:55 PM] REWlego: He begins to lose his temper again. "Sula, I want to protect the Khlinese! I know what they need better than you do!"
[1:56 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Nanyo!" The Aishatu brings a palm across Leo's face, striking him where mask met man.(edited)
[1:59 PM] REWlego: Leodin's mask falls to the ground to reveal Leodin's eyes filled with rage. Leodin kicks Sula in the chest, knocking him back. "How could a foreigner know what's best for another country? I've faught with the Khlinese, I know better than anyone what they need."
[2:02 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula skids along the pavement a few feet. Only his head rises, eyes narrow and stormy. "You have not seen it. You have not seen what Freyzenwald does to them, Leo! You have not tasted the blood they spill!"
[2:04 PM] REWlego: "If you're claiming to have seen that, then I will make sure it is only a possible future. I will be there to make sure that doesn't happen."
[2:06 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Ha ha ha ha ha!" Sula places a palm on the wall, pushing himself up, and slowly rises to his feet. "You are going to invite an army of demons in, then stop them whenever it pleases you?"(edited)
[2:07 PM] REWlego: "This is why we want the future queen on our side. They won't dissobey a direct order from their ruler."
[2:09 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "And what do you know of Ellis-u, you stupid boy? That she can smile, and throw out a Dwabi-o? The people know nothing of her! She even eats like a play-actor!"
[2:09 PM] Kwak Sparrow: He shakes his head, grinning with rage. "Yet you would stake a thousand lives on a single pretty face."
[2:12 PM] REWlego: Leodin's expression turns from rage to hatred. "How dare you talk to me like that..." Leodin unsheathes Morderrand and points it at Sula.
[2:14 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula squints at the black blade. "I wonder if my eyesight is leaving me....Am I speaking with Leo right now? Or Erik?"(edited)
[2:16 PM] REWlego: "Never compare me to my father..." Leodin lowers his sword and kicks Sula again before raising the sword back up.
[2:17 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Ha ha ha! Then do not become your father, Stormbla-di!" Sula is thrown to the side by the kick, silenced for a moment.(edited)
[2:20 PM] REWlego: "Have you forgotten the reason I left Intetsu in the first place?"
[2:21 PM] Kwak Sparrow: A muffled voice, from Sula's downturned face."You never did, Leo Stormblade. He rolls over. "You just took it with you..."
[2:27 PM] REWlego: "Why do you insist on that fact? My goal is to stop the people in Intetsu, not join them!"
[2:33 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula shakes his head. "I am Dwabi. You are..Nobili-ti. A kingdom boy cannot fight his birthright. Only lay it down."
[2:44 PM] REWlego: "You can't just determine my fate like that Sula."
[2:46 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "That makes two of us, then. But the gods speak our names into our hearts.... That, cannot be silenced, Leo-i."(edited)
[2:48 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula lowers his head onto the ground. "Now put that thing away. It is disgusting."(edited)
[2:49 PM] REWlego: Leodin lowers Morderrand and then puts it in it's sheath.
[2:51 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula lets out a long, exhausted hum. "Well, what next, milord?"
[2:52 PM] REWlego: Leodin picks up his mask and puts it back on. "Let me ask you a question first... Why do you call me that?"
[2:54 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Because kingdom power flows through blood. I may call your children the same."
[2:54 PM] REWlego: "Hm..."
[2:56 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "But Dwabi power..." Sula's foot strokes the stones. "... Flows through the earth."
[2:59 PM] REWlego: "I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I doubt the answer is very straightforward." Especially if it's coming from Sula.
[3:01 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "It means that last night, Leo-i, you have blinded me." Sula lazily kicks his swollen foot at Leodin. "I will not be able to see the future with my Kolai for many days."
[3:02 PM] REWlego: Leodin stays silent, unsure of how to respond
[3:04 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula flattens his palms, trying to prop himself up, but stops. Those kicks hit harder than he'd realized. "Now, if we will save Khlin we have only two powers left to trust in. Kingdom power...and the blessings of Ayida."(edited)
[3:08 PM] Kwak Sparrow: A smile returns to his face. Ellis-u did seem pleased about seeing you again..."
[3:09 PM] REWlego: "What do you mean by that?"
[3:10 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "She wants to treat you to dinner, Leo-i! I told you you did not need to use your words very much, ha ha ha." He coughs a bit, and his ribs sting.(edited)
[3:12 PM] REWlego: Leodin smiles a bit. "I don't think it's like that, Sula."(edited)
[3:13 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Not yet, of course...but maybe once she sees behind that mask, ha ha ha!"
[3:13 PM] REWlego: He shakes his head. "Sula..."
[3:16 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Truly, Leo-i. If you want the power to save your people...Ellis-o will soon have it."
[3:17 PM] REWlego: "That is why I'd like to meet with her again."
[3:18 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula hummed. "Ba-ba. The only other way, would be to run into a passing dragon in the streets..."
[3:21 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula tries again to stand up. "But please. Do not invite war. It will stain your soul as much as it stains hers. There is something....wrong with that girl."
[3:22 PM] REWlego: "What do you mean?"
[3:24 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Without Kolai, I cannot say." As it was now, Sula's thoughts were on a different girl, anyway. "I had hoped tonight would...reveal something more, about her."
[3:25 PM] REWlego: "Well, maybe it takes someone who doesn't look into the future to get an honest look of how someone is in the present."
[3:26 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula frowns, remembering Kazama's words from the bathhouse. "I know it does. This warning...does not come from Sula-o."(edited)
[3:27 PM] REWlego: Leodin looks at him, confused.
[3:29 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "Aishatu have many ways of finding the truth. Sometimes, Sula-o just asks the right people. With Ellis-u, it was more than just the gods who gave me her name."(edited)
[3:32 PM] REWlego: "Who told you then?"
[3:33 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula frowned. "I do not take your mask off and show people your face...Leo-din. You ask me to remove another's?"
[3:34 PM] REWlego: "Oh... no.... I'll let them have the right to their privacy."
[3:37 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula's expression brightens. "Just...be careful who you tell about this. Don't mention anything to Vivi, of course." If we see her again...
[3:39 PM] REWlego: "I-I don't know... Vivianna is my friend..."
[3:41 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "...And if I am right, that friendship has put her in grave danger. What if someone in Freyzenwald wanted to take your power? To make sure you could not stop their army from doing as it pleased?"
[3:42 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "All they would need is your...friend."
[3:44 PM] REWlego: "I won't let that happen to Vivianna."
[3:46 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "I know. And so do they."
[3:47 PM] REWlego: "They? How many people are aware of how I.... felt.... about Vivianna."(edited)
[3:49 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "If Sula-o hears it from wandering warriors before he hears it from you, then the truth has spread farther than you think." He hums. "But we will see. Perhaps your...outburst today, was enough to satisfy them."
[3:49 PM] REWlego: "So there's someone just telling people about me?"
[3:51 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "I have spent more years studying the ways of truth, how to protect it, how to control it...than you have spent breathing, Leo-i. And I still know so little."(edited)
[3:54 PM] REWlego: "I need to find whoever it is that just tells all those people about me..."
[3:59 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "...Just don't spread any rumors about Sula-o, yes? I wouldn't want...them..." His eyelids sink and he trails off into a mumble."
[3:59 PM] REWlego: "Wouldn't want them... what?"
[4:00 PM] Kwak Sparrow: Sula smiles. "..yes..." His whole body seems to sink into the ground.
[4:01 PM] REWlego: "What?"
[4:05 PM] Kwak Sparrow: "...ba...b..." The Dwabi drifts off to sleep.(edited)
[4:06 PM] REWlego: "Great...."
[4:11 PM] REWlego: I have no idea what to do with him... Leodin decided to carry Sula up to a rooftop for the night.
[4:14 PM] REWlego: ==============END RP==============



No comments:

Post a Comment