Sunday, July 10, 2016

Paralogue 5.3: Our Purpose and Our Morality [Sum]

Featuring: Claire, Versailles




[5:38 PM] bemun: "I must admit, I sort of miss the simplicity of my monastery. Simple breakfast and meditation after."
[5:38 PM] bemun: Their food arrived and Versailles started to eat
[5:51 PM] bemun: Claire's order came, with a warm cup of water, with which she mixed the medicine with
[5:52 PM] bemun: Peering into the mixture, she cringes as she watches the mix blend
[5:55 PM] spikethe3rd: "It will be worth it" Versailles says encouragingly
[5:55 PM] bemun: "Don't need to tell me twice."
[5:55 PM] bemun: She says as the mixture settles.
[5:55 PM] bemun: "Bottoms up, I guess"
[5:55 PM] bemun: Claire downs the medicinized water
[5:56 PM] bemun: Her face contorts, but she quickly gets used to the taste and swallows it down(edited)
[5:59 PM] spikethe3rd: "quick follow it up with some food!"
[5:59 PM] bemun: Claire begins to dig in
[6:00 PM] bemun: "He was right, it is bitter"
[6:02 PM] spikethe3rd: "All of life is bitter if you appreciate only its face" Versailles quoted
[6:03 PM] bemun: "Anyways, I believe I owe you, first you brought me to the inn, and then you paid for the medicine. How much was the room?"
[6:05 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ahh, it was nothing, I was the one who caused your headache. I should have asked if you were okay with Sake."
[6:05 PM] bemun: "What is Sake? Aside from an alcoholic drink"
[6:07 PM] spikethe3rd: "It is a rice wine that many use to celebrate. A common way to make toasts."
[6:08 PM] bemun: "Ah, never heard of rice wine, why is it called that?"
[6:10 PM] spikethe3rd: "It is a wine made by brewing rice into alcohol."
[6:10 PM] bemun: "Why? For the taste? Nutrients?"
[6:12 PM] spikethe3rd: "For the feeling whilst drunk I suppose. It relaxes people."
[6:12 PM] bemun: "Was I...like that? When I got drunk?"
[6:13 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well..." Versailles pauses recalling the night before.
[6:14 PM] spikethe3rd: "You seemed sad at first and you questioned your being here. Then you were very drunk and were babbling a little, so I thought it best to get you safely to a room."
[6:14 PM] bemun: "I didn't say anything weird, right?"
[6:15 PM] bemun: "Pleasedontsayisaidanythingweird"
[6:15 PM] spikethe3rd: "Not really, but I guess I am worried about your feelings about being away from home."
[6:17 PM] bemun: "Oh, that was probably me being drunk then, I'm not too stressed about being away from home."
[6:18 PM] bemun: "It's something I gotta get used to, especially in my line of work, Yknow?"
[6:18 PM] spikethe3rd: "I suppose. I too have had to get used to it in my travels, but that was more a journey of leisure."
[6:21 PM] bemun: "You're travelling for fun? Any particular destination?"
[6:22 PM] spikethe3rd: "I was travelling with my mentor before I arrived here. It was a sort of spiritual journey."
[6:25 PM] bemun: "Spiritual? You did mention being a part a monestary before, were you a priest?"
[6:26 PM] spikethe3rd: "I am a monk yes. And I do intend to maintain my spiritual works"(edited)
[6:27 PM] bemun: "A monk?"(edited)
[6:27 PM] bemun: "I never dwelled into religion or spiritual topics, what does a monk do?"
[6:29 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well I mostly did chores around the monastery and meditated on life. We were even luck to have some manuscripts from great philosophers. I spent many days reading and memorizing their knowledge."
[6:30 PM] bemun: "Meditating on life?" Claire repeated as she took a bite from her apple
[6:30 PM] bemun: "What is there to meditate on?"
[6:31 PM] spikethe3rd: "Our purpose and our morality."
[6:31 PM] spikethe3rd: "Should we be moral? And what separates wrong from right?"
[6:33 PM] bemun: "Huh, I never thought about that? Is there an answer? Or is it up to the individual?"
[6:35 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well, we search for an answer in our souls. There are a great many writings that offer answers but I believe it is for the individual to discover."
[6:36 PM] bemun: "But what comes after finding the answer? If you believe the answer is up to the individual to discover, than what comes after if there's no point to sharing your answer? Is there a point to sharing the answer you find?"
[6:39 PM] spikethe3rd: "It is possible there is no answer. Our purpose may be searching in vain for a purpose. One philosopher wrote that. I do not agree with him though."
[6:40 PM] spikethe3rd: "I do believe in sharing though, so I read his many notes. We should build upon each other. And in working together there is a purpose."
[6:42 PM] bemun: "But he wrote that there is no meaning, why would he bother helping someone search while he doesn't believe in an answer?"
[6:44 PM] spikethe3rd: "Maybe it is in our nature to help others. He may have contradicted his own writing by sharing it. My mentor believes that. That we are, at our cores generous."(edited)
[6:44 PM] bemun: "Generousity being a core instinct?"
[6:45 PM] bemun: "But I read that our core instinct is to survive, but isn't being generous usually counter-intuitive to surviving?"
[6:46 PM] spikethe3rd: "We may want to survive, but we protect our children before us. Is that normal?"
[6:48 PM] bemun: "..." Claire finishes her apple, deep in thought
[6:50 PM] spikethe3rd: "It is not something that can be defined in a day. And so it has been debated and meditated on for centuries."
[6:51 PM] spikethe3rd: "And maybe we will find a solution. For now, I am content in my part"
[6:51 PM] bemun: "And these are the questions you work on, daily?"
[6:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "Yes, these and many more. It is like wrestling a tree. You are tired in the end, but nothing seems different."
[6:54 PM] bemun: "Doesn't it get frustrating? Working so hard and not seeing any results?"
[6:56 PM] spikethe3rd: "It can be. But that is why we meditate. We are not trying to solve all questions but to work through our own,"
[6:57 PM] bemun: "I wonder if our priests do the same..."
[6:58 PM] bemun: "Ah, my mother was a cleric, so I would imagine she did the same line of work as you."
[6:58 PM] bemun: "In terms of answering difficult questions."
[7:00 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ah, but I believe your clerics are more of the people. They assist the injured and lead the lost. We also try to help, but we are more enclosed to our thoughts."
[7:02 PM] bemun: "Are they? I guess now that I think about it, my mother was simply a religious woman"
[7:05 PM] spikethe3rd: "Of course I cannot say, but from what I have heard, the nohrian religion is as such."
[7:06 PM] spikethe3rd: "But as I said, Maybe it sprouted from generosity"
[7:09 PM] bemun: "Maybe indeed."
[7:17 PM] spikethe3rd: "Ahh, but such a life is leisure compared to combat!"
[7:18 PM] bemun: "Combat isn't that bad, I would rather spend a day training than slowly answering a question."
[7:18 PM] bemun: "At least with combat, you can see results"
[7:22 PM] bemun: "Although I guess father was more relaxed than mother."
[7:23 PM] spikethe3rd: "One philosopher theorized that combat training is similar to meditation. He believed that combat training receives the same mental benefits of our philosophical questions in that the focus required would build up the soul similarly."
[7:23 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles laughed.
[7:24 PM] spikethe3rd: "Maybe you are a greater mind than me. I only have questions to show for my training, But you have experience and strength!"
[7:25 PM] bemun: "Oh I wouldn't say I have much for experience, my stations usually consisted of guarding an already safe village. I didn't see much action."
[7:27 PM] spikethe3rd: "Did you interact with the villagers?"(edited)
[7:29 PM] bemun: "Why yes. Sometimes it was a child who came to admire the knights, sometimes it was adults who would give us gifts of snacks. Other times it would be the less savourly drunk who would attempt to flirt... The list goes on"
[7:32 PM] spikethe3rd: "And those experiences stuck with you. Even if they did not shape you significantly, you learned at least a little from them."
[7:32 PM] bemun: "I...guess I did, I huh"
[7:35 PM] spikethe3rd: "We are not the same but we move in similar ways" Versailles quoted.
[7:37 PM] bemun: "Indeed"
[7:41 PM] spikethe3rd: "Umm, shall we leave? People may want our seats." Versailles motioned to the full seating.
[7:43 PM] bemun: Claire turns around, startled by how long the two have been talking. "Eh? Oh, ah, we should go, I never realized how long we have spent in here. Yes, let's get going." she leaves her payment by her plate and hops off the chair
[7:43 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles follow closely behind her, also leaving him money.
[7:45 PM] bemun: "Well, I'm gonna be attending the election party, till then, I have nothing to do. What about you?"
[7:45 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well I already had a nice long visit with my mother, so I am free."
[7:46 PM] bemun: "Oh, how did that go?"
[7:47 PM] spikethe3rd: "It was great! Her textiles are gaining fame somewhat and she is always busy. She was able to sit down to tea with me to talk about my journey."
[7:49 PM] bemun: "I'm glad your mother is doing well."
[7:51 PM] bemun: "That doesn't sound weird, does it?"
[7:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "Why would it? I hope your loved ones are doing well too." Versailles laughs.
[7:59 PM] bemun: "Well, if you have nothing to do, wanna just stick together until the election party?"
[7:59 PM] bemun: "And then I guess we can figure it out later."
[8:00 PM] spikethe3rd: "That sounds great!" Versailles smiles.
[8:05 PM] bemun: "Awesome" Claire smiles back. "But what should we do in the meantime?"
[8:06 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well we could explore more of the city. Or we could visit the castle."
[8:08 PM] bemun: "I guess it wouldn't hurt to visit the castle."
[8:09 PM] spikethe3rd: "Then shall we find it?"
[8:09 PM] bemun: "It's a castle, how hard can it be to find?"
[8:11 PM] spikethe3rd: "I don't know, but hopefully..." Versailles paused scanning above the buildings. "...Its the one that is taller than everything else." He pointed at the towers in the distance.
[8:15 PM] bemun: "Sure, let's check it out!" she grabs his hand and starts walking towards the castle
[8:16 PM] spikethe3rd: =====RP END======



No comments:

Post a Comment