Monday, July 11, 2016

Paralogue 8.1.2: I Am the Kingdom


Featuring: Luna, Kazama, Marrok


[2:32 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Oh, sweets! She grabs one, unwraps it, and slips it into her mouth. "Ah, these are my sisters favourites, is it not?"
[2:33 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "They are, indeed. I hope they still suffice?"
[2:33 PM] Marrok: Marrok coughs a little. "Sorry for following along without asking, but I had a few more questions for you both."
[2:33 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Of course they do. Any sister of mine would have good taste." She glances back to the wolfskin. "Ah, you followed us."
[2:35 PM] AOMRocks20: "As long as Princess Lunarea tolerates you, you may ask."
[2:35 PM] Marrok: "I was wondering about your training grounds, Kazama mentioned them. What are they fit for?"
[2:36 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Uhh...training? Why do you ask?"
[2:37 PM] Marrok: "I was hoping to stretch a little... and figured it would not be proper to do so infront of people." He says motioning to his ears and tail. "I would leave the city and return, but I was given a bit of a hassle last time I tried entereing."
[2:39 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Eh, I didn't know we gave wolfskins a hard time. Mmm, maybe you ran into some unpleasant guards, or something."
[2:39 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She leans forwards. "Or maybe you're a criminal."
[2:39 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama retrieves a shuriken hurriedly.
[2:41 PM] Marrok: Marrok lets out a deep sigh. "A criminal?" He shuffles around in his pockets to pull out his official papers and the namesake of his adoptive family. "No, I am not a criminal. I would not dream of doing anything even remotely close to fools like that."
[2:41 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama places his shuriken back in his shuriken bag. He holds a hand out. "May I see those?"
[2:42 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She raises her hands. "Ahah, I was just kidding anyway. But, if you're offering, I wouldn't mind seeing those either."
[2:42 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Princess now. Princess now. I keep forgetting that.
[2:44 PM] Marrok: "If you must." He hands over the papers to Kazama, the last name on the papers being Ishtar.
[2:45 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama looks through them. "...seems legitimate." He hands them back.
[2:46 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna takes them first from Kazama.
[2:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "..."
[2:48 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: I was really curious about something when I took these. But now, I just realized. I don't actually care.
[2:48 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She hands them back to Marrok. "Yep, everything's in order here."
[2:49 PM] Marrok: He puts the papers back in his pockets. "See, I would not cause any trouble that would harm the Ishtar name."
[2:49 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "I never doubted it from the start. Apologies, I forget my position sometimes."
[2:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "...May I speak freely?"
[2:52 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Thats the start of something I don't want to hear. "Sure, go ahead."
[2:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "I agree, Princess Lunarea. Coming out like this without any protection would leave you exposed to attack--with all due respect to your fighting ability."
[2:54 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: She puts her hands on her hips, eyeing Kazama. "What, are you suggesting I find a retainer again? I believe my answer hasn't changed since I last talked to you or my sister about the matter."(edited)
[2:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps. At least a bodyguard."
[2:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "Your new husband seems to be capable of such a position, but..."
[2:56 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "He's always off doing his own thing? Heh, he might need his own retainer, huh."
[2:56 PM] AOMRocks20: "I would say so, milady."
[2:58 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Mmgh, I barely know anyone here yet. It hasn't been very long, and my old retainers were killed eight years ago."
[2:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, yes. I recall that day. Very unfortunate..."
[2:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Princess Lunarea? May I ask you about your experience in this far off land?"
[2:59 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "You seem very interested in Ashelande, Kazama."
[3:02 PM] AOMRocks20: "My apologies. I have heard very little about the continent."
[3:03 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Mmm, I suppose I understand your curiosity, then." She puts her hands on her hips, gazing lazily into the sky. "Well...this unknown continent. Its...a lot like ours, honestly."
[3:03 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "There aren't very many diverse races there, though."
[3:06 PM] AOMRocks20: "Truly? Which ones do dwell there?"
[3:07 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "If I were to relate them to someone from here...they're mostly...Nohrian. Minus the doom and gloom, of course."
[3:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, I see. How odd."
[3:10 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Yep. Not many Hoshidan types or any interesting races, like the manaketes." She looked back to Kazama at the word manakete.
[3:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "...what?"
[3:16 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Nothing. Anyway, I joined a mercenary company while I was there. Fun stuff."
[3:18 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? You had come to such a low status?"
[3:20 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Heh, if he thinks that was a low status. "Tis an uncultured nation filled with many bandits. Hell, I had a hard enough time trying to find the information needed to return home."
[3:22 PM] AOMRocks20: "...how did you return, by the way?"
[3:23 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Found a boat home! Thankfully one port on that whole continent had a ship heading for Freyzenwald."
[3:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? Only one boat?"
[3:26 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "I know right? Can you believe it?" She looks off in a rough direction of the sea. "We should start arranging more ships that sail there. Perhaps one can dock in Bachlumya..."
[3:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Bachlumya?"
[3:32 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Its the country I spent most of my time in. Its very nice there. Bit of a bandit problem, but nice otherwise."
[3:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "...I see. Is it nearest to this land?"
[3:34 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Hah, not really. The continent is much smaller compared to this one. It's...almost sort of an island."
[3:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, okay. How different is this land different from ours in any ways?"
[3:38 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Luna paused for a moment, before snapping her fingers. "Well first of all, their monarchy isn't very prevailent. In Bachlumya, anyway, I didn't even know there was a monarchy until much later."
[3:39 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, how odd."
[3:41 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Yeah, nothing like you're used to. I did used to know another noble woman, though."
[3:41 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Her family all had retainers and the like."
[3:41 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "They were quite stuffy, though, but otherwise good people."(edited)
[3:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "Stuffy?"
[3:45 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "She used to scold me. A lot."
[3:46 PM] AOMRocks20: "How rude. She has no place to be scolding a woman of your stature."
[3:49 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Oh, I know. Unfortunately I lack a lot of power over there."
[4:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrmph. I would expect you to..."
[5:25 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Don't worry about it, Kazama. It's poor to rely on my heritage at all times."
[5:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrmph. I suppose so. Was anyone reliable enough to earn your trust while you were there?"
[5:27 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "...A few people. My trust is very hard to earn, after all."(edited)
[5:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "Very nice. I hope they served you well."
[5:37 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: Served? Hah, funny. "Yes, of course. They served my needs very well."
[5:40 PM] AOMRocks20: "Excellent. What exactly happened?"
[5:44 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "...Ah, well, they...kept me from being lonely?" Most of them beat the shit out of me. ...I think this guy'd go murder Salveon if I mentioned that. "Yes, yes, that exactly. They helped me while I missed my own country."
[5:45 PM] AOMRocks20: ...that's it? Odd work for a mercenary company. "I...see. Well, I'm glad you have returned. I'm sure your little sister is as well."
[5:46 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Tch, yeah. Didn't think I would ever return, but...well, here I am." She takes a deep breath. "Its good to be back."
[5:50 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama grins beneath his mask. "That's wonderful to hear, Princess Lunarea. Is there any service I can perform to make you feel more at home?"
[5:53 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "How about what you're doing now? Ah, keeping my sister safe, that is." Despite not seeing his grin, she smiled back at him. "Nothing makes me feel more at home than her."
[5:56 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Of course. Though I'm afraid she's still her lonely, sheltered self..."
[5:59 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Heh, Ellis has always been an indoors girl anyway. Though, I don't recall her locking herself up in the basement for such long times before. How long has that been going on?"
[6:02 PM] AOMRocks20: "Since you've returned. It's... quite odd."
[6:03 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Yeah...I admit after the joys of returning wore off...she did feel different than how I remembered her to be. Ah, but it has been eight years." "And besides, I'm sure she just found a new hobby or something."
[6:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, yes, I'm sure, but..."
[6:06 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Heh, perhaps she'll tell one of us eventually if we asked."
[6:21 PM] AOMRocks20: "...yes. Yes, of course."
[6:39 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Well, now then, thank you for the candies, but I think I prefer something a little more...substantial." She looks back in the direction of the marketplace. "I doubt you'll leave me alone, so care to join me?"
[6:40 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods quickly. "Of course, milady."
[6:41 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "Great! You could even pay for the meal too!"
[6:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course, milady. I have a great surplus of funds, so purchase whatever you wish."
[6:43 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: ...Dammit Luna, you're a princess now. P-R-I-N-C-E-S-S "Ah, I was just kidding. I have access to the entire kingdoms treasury."
[6:44 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: The two were walking as they spoke.
[6:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "Are you sure? The kingdom pays me very well to act as Princess Ellis' retainer."
[6:45 PM] [MILD] Amasuro: "I am the kingdom."




No comments:

Post a Comment