Saturday, July 30, 2016

39.2: His Final Hug

Featuring: Luna, Salveon, Pasach, Solrin
Luna wakes up a sleepy Salveon  on the morning of the festival, and they feed their unruly children breakfast. Both Salveon and his sons have an uneasy feeling about today, perhaps sensing the tragedy that is about to happen, but Luna is unconcerned. She tricks Salveon into going off to the party alone, trusting that he'll be able to handle socializing on his own.

It is the last time Luna ever sees her husband.


[7:39 PM] Uni: The morning before the party. Luna normally always woke up after Salveon, usually not even budging whenever he left the room. Today was different. Once the sun left the horizon, Luna was already up and on her feet, throwing the curtains open. "Hey! Up, you. Up, up, up! Its a big day today, how can you sleep in like this?!"
[7:45 PM] Salveon: Salveon groans loudly, obviously still tired from the night before. His eyes cracked open slightly, light blinding him immediately. "Luna..? Big day..?" A dream from the night before was fleeting as his body began to wake up. What... what is today... and why is she... His eyes open widely, still obviously filled with tiredness, as he sits up slowly. "Oh Gods, I overslept! Dammit! Sorry..."
[7:48 PM] Uni: Luna turned around dramatically, revealing the rising sun behind her. "Oh, I'll say! The last time I woke up before you was..." She pauses in her speech, her eyes looking upwards. "...Well that doesn't matter. ...Did you go drinking last night?"
[7:53 PM] Salveon: He rubs his fingers around his temples for a brief moment. "I don't... no... yes... I can't remember Luna." He stands, a bit shaky and weak from his first night drinking. "How... how late am I waking up?" He asks as he staggers over to give her a morning hug. "You know, this is still all wierd to me right?"
[7:57 PM] Uni: She responds to the hug, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'm kidding with you, idiot. You're on time. Ah, well, you probably wouldn't have been if I didn't wake you." After finishing the hug, Luna responds to his second question. "What's weird?"(edited)
[8:05 PM] Salveon: He looks around. "All of this. Being married, to royalty no less. Suddenly being in another country, with animal people no less. It's nice, just still shocking." He kisses her back on her cheek before pulling away to look for clothing. "And now it's election day, I can't believe..."
[8:08 PM] Uni: She blushes, smiling once he turned around. "Ahaha, I remember that conversation. Oh, man you looked like you wanted to kill me again after I mentioned I was royalty! Uh, you're still totally not ticked about that, right?"(edited)
[8:11 PM] Salveon: He let's out a light chuckle. "You woke up today right? It was just a big shock is all, hard to shake ones opinions of the world after so long." He begins to get proper clothes on for the day. "You certainly proved me wrong though, so thank you." He gives a warm smile.
[8:14 PM] Uni: "Glad to hear it! I wouldn't have cared if you were mad, don't worry." She pats him on the shoulder quickly before moving to step out of the room. After suddenly realizing something, she turned around quickly. "Wait, you're not wearing that grey cloak again, are you?"
[8:17 PM] Salveon: Quickly hiding his cloak. "No of course not lovely. On today of all days? I'm hurt you would accuse me of such." He begins to put on... formal wear.
[8:21 PM] Uni: She narrows her eyes at him, "...right. Yes, of course, you wouldn't do such a thing." With one last glare, she walks out of the bedroom to the room across the hallway. A good morning to the twins, as per her usual morning routine. Meanwhile outside, breakfast had been already plated on the dining room table by the servants.
[8:26 PM] Salveon: He exhales quickly, hiding his cloak in his bag with his daggers. Nice and safe for my stroll later... He sets his third dagger in his sleeve before heading out to check the food, make sure nothing in the room can harm his wife. When entering the dining room he thanks the servants with a smile. Another drastic change from my old life... Thera would have enjoyed this... He waves the hight away quickly before inspecting the room for danger.
[8:31 PM] Uni: Luna enters the room shortly, carring the two twins in her arms. Solrin waved around the knitted doll of Luna in his hands, while Pasach bit at the arms of his Salveon doll. Presents the twins enjoyed since recieving them a couple months ago. "Are you...still checking the room for danger? Saaaalv..."
[9:01 PM] Salveon: "You can never be too sure where an assassin will lurk Luna..." He pauses for a second. "I guess I might be a bit paranoid... but it can't be helped. How are our kids doing?"
[9:04 PM] Uni: "As usual," she sighed, "happy and healthy as usual. ...Pasach, get that out of your mouth." Luna goes over and places Solrin and Pasach in their designated seats at the end of the table, before taking her own seat near the food.
[9:07 PM] Salveon: Salv joins them, in his seat instead. He lets out a small chuckle. "I still can't believe you actually let me name one of them." He says with a wide grin of pride looking at young Pasach.
[9:11 PM] Uni: "Why not? Look at how much he takes after you," Luna turns to rub Pasach, until she realized the Salveon doll still had one hand inside his mouth, "Pasach, I said no!" Pasach looks at Luna slowly as he continued to eat the Salveon doll.
[9:15 PM] Salveon: Salveon holds back a loud laugh, turning it into a snicker. "Go get'em Pasach!"
[9:18 PM] Uni: Luna shoots a glare at Salveon, "no! I don't remember whens the last time I washed that thing! Rrrgh." She takes Pasach's food and tries to feed him, "alright, eat this instead. ...Come on Pasach, it probably tastes better than that doll."
[9:22 PM] Salveon: "No Pasach! Don't trust the bandit scum! She'll only feed you lies!" He can't hold back the laughter at this point and bursts out loudly.
[9:27 PM] Uni: "If I didn't need you to look your best today, I would fling this entire bowl of baby food at you right now." She mumbles, scowling at Salveon. "...Oh for the love of, Pasach!" She reaches forward and tugs the doll lightly out of the babies mouth, causing the child to start crying. "..."
[9:31 PM] Salveon: "Gods Luna!" He sarcastically remarks. "Here, let me help." He stands and walks over to Pasach, tickling him slightly. "Now come on Pasach, eat your food. Make mummy proud."
[9:35 PM] Uni: Pasach slows his crying gradually, until the baby was quiet again. Luna sighs at the child. "Ah, Pasach was always such a crybaby. Here, why don't you try feeding him?" She asks, handing the food over to Salveon. Meanwhile, Luna took Solrin's food instead, and watched as the child was still preoccupied with waving his doll around.
[9:41 PM] Salveon: "Here, watch the master do this" He takes the food and waves some of it in the air infront of Pasach. "These Pasach, are your enemies! They want to hurt mummy, the only way to help her is to eat them. Can you protect mummy?" He begins to move the food closer to Pasach and the young child consumes it readily.
[9:41 PM] Salveon: "See Luna, you just gotta motivate him!"
[9:45 PM] Uni: "Ah, that doesn't count. Pasach always preferred you more than me, for some reason." She takes a spoon of Solrin's food. "Here, watch as I demonstrate how great I am with my own children. Solrin. Solriiiin, its time for breakfaaaaaast!" Solrin takes one look at Luna and smiles, before throwing his doll at Pasach, who began to whine again as the doll smacked against his head. "..."
[9:53 PM] Salveon: Salveon pat's Pasach on the back till he stops crying, holding back even more laughter. "I say this is all wierd, but I wouldn't trade this away. You all make me so happy. He leans over to pick the doll off the ground and in his moment of vulnerability a loud plop indicates Pasachs success in hitting Salv in the back of the head with his food.
[9:54 PM] Salveon: "..."
[9:58 PM] Uni: "Oh my goodness, Pasach!" Luna goes over to Salveon quickly and takes the bowl off his head. "Agh, dammit! Not on your fine clothes!" She immediately goes to wipe Salveon's face with a cloth, while some servants appear from the side, taking the empty bowl off the table.
[10:02 PM] Salveon: He sits there for a moment, in shock he'd already lost to his child. I'm so... proud. "It's find Luna... I'll just go change into my cloak for a bit, just while we eat and get prepared for everything." He says with a grin. He sit's up and pats Pasach on the head. "You win this time."
[10:04 PM] Uni: "Your...cloak..." She folds the cloth and neatly places it back on the table. "I suppose we don't have a choice...but...argh, today of all days! Fine. Just make sure to wash that food off your hair." Luna returns to her seat, finally prepared to eat her own plate of food.
[10:06 PM] Salveon: "Will do!" His grin widens as he stands. "I'll be right back!" With that he walks at an accelerated pace out of the room and over to the bathroom where he begins to wash out the food.
[10:10 PM] Uni: Luna sighs, taking a piece of her own breakfast and putting it in her mouth, before feeding Solrin a spoonful of his own food. "You're a little bugger, aren't you?" Solrin just gives Luna an innocent smile as he happy takes the spoonful of food. "Hah...but, I suppose you are mine." Eventually, Pasach is brought a new bowl of food.
[10:16 PM] Salveon: He finishes taking the last of his food out of his hair and lets out a deep sigh. I don't know why I have a bad feeling about today... It's probably nothing... but... Shaking his head to clear it he puts his cloak back on and heads back into the dining room, a grin still on his face. "See, it's all fine!"
[10:19 PM] Uni: "Define fine. Ugh, you're going to be out there representing me today, and wearing...that." Luna still continued to cautiously feed Solrin and Pasach on her own, while occasionally taking small bites of her own breakfast. "Whatever, its unavoidable. Come, eat up. We have a full day ahead of us."
[10:24 PM] Salveon: He sits at the table, taking over the feeding of Pasach while beginning to eat his own food. "On the bright side, people will know exactly who I am without any smoke and mirrors!"
[10:28 PM] Uni: "Yeah, well, that might not be the best thing sometimes. ...Ah, whatever, it wasn't like I was much of a saint in public as a child." Luna scrapes the remaining food out of Solrin's bowl and feeds him the last spoonful. "I still think sis is probably going to win, but...you never know."
[10:32 PM] Salveon: "I beleive in you Luna. You've got experiences no one here could compare to. And when you win, I'll spend the rest of my life by your side making sure you and this country and protected and happy." He gives her a reassuring smile.
[10:35 PM] Uni: She grinned at him. "I'll hold you to that, then. Well, it isn't like you could find another woman better than me." Looking pleased at herself, Luna went ahead and finished the remainder of her breakfast.
[10:41 PM] Salveon: Salveon does the same with his own food. "Oh I know, and I wouldn't dream of leaving these kids without a father to raise them."
[10:45 PM] Uni: "Of course you won't. I don't think I married scum, after all." "And besides, who's gonna teach these kids to fight when they're all grown up? Assuming they even want to become like us, that is."
[10:54 PM] Salveon: "Heh... Yeah. You're right." He feeds Pasach the last of his food. "So, what are the plans for the day... I'm still really groggy from... whatever I did last night..?"
[11:01 PM] Uni: "...Whatever you did last night?! Salveon, you knew the election party was today! ...Of all the times to be so irresponsible!" She crosses her arms, scowling at Salveon.
[11:07 PM] Salveon: "I'm sorry Luna... I guess I finally caved... Think we have time to get a bit of fresh air before we begin?" He says rubbing his temples.
July 31, 2016
[12:45 AM] Uni: Fresh air? You want some fresh air? Idiot, how dare you get drunk the night before my election party. "Mmm, I would say yes, but the festivities begin quite soon and I really need to start getting ready."
[12:50 AM] Salveon: He finishes rubbing his temples. "Damn..." Closing his eyes he thinks back, he'd only had one drink... why was he so out of it today. "Alright, I should be fine in just a second then... lemme just..." He dabs his hand in some nearby water and lines it around his eyes. His face viably perks up. "Ok, I should be good to go for a while now. Is there anything I can help with?"
[12:52 AM] Uni: "Mmm...I suppose you could go outside early and greet some of the partygoers. I mean, you technically are included on the ballots." She bends down, cleaning up Solrin and Pasach with a fresh cloth while she speaks.
[12:54 AM] Salveon: "I'm technically included... but you know leading isn't for me. I'd rather support you in your win, we both know that would be the wiser decision for the country." He begins to help the servants clean the table.
[12:57 AM] Uni: "Hah, you just hate conversing with people by yourself, don't you." Luna pats Solrin and Pasach on the heads, and lifts them both up from their chair. "Uhh, you know you don't have to help the servants, right?"
[1:02 AM] Salveon: "I just don't like conversing with people... if there's one thing I do miss most it was being able to easily fade into the background..." He continues to help clean. "I can't just sit around and not help with this mess."
[1:06 AM] Uni: Oh do I know that. Hmm...I wonder. "Well, ah, you see, it is required to be outside conversing with the partygoers as an election candidate, you know?" She grinned, a slight menacing undertone behind it. "Don't worry, I'll be with you. Just head out early and I'll be right behind you."
[1:10 AM] Salveon: "Alright... I guess it can't hurt... As long as you're right behind me." He gives her another, what would be his final, hug. "I'll see you soon Luna." He then kisses both Solrin and Pasach on their forheads. "Take care you both, and watch out for mummy. Make sure no one grabs her while I'm out." He walks towards the door. "See you shorly." And then he was gone.(edited)
[1:13 AM] Uni: Luna waits until Salveon had left the room, before returning to the twins' bedroom, snickering to herself. "Ahaha, oh hell, there's no way he's going to last the morning without me. Required to converse with partygoers? He actually fell for that?"
[1:13 AM] Uni: Solrin and Pasach look curiously up at their incredibly amused mother.
[1:14 AM] Uni: "Oh, don't look like that at me. I'll just go out in the afternoon to save whatever is left of him, and everything will be fine! Your father isn't that allergic to social interaction, you know?"
[1:14 AM] Uni: But the twins don't change expressions, still staring up towards Luna with almost sad looks.
[1:15 AM] Uni: "Geez, whats wrong with you two? He'll be fine, come on. Ah, anyway, I have things to prepare. I'll get you two later, alright?" Luna leaned down and kissed both the children on their foreheads.
[1:16 AM] Uni: "Oh, I know why you two are so sad, I left your dolls in the dining room! Hold on, I'll go get 'em for you." And Luna left the twins bedroom, off to retrieve their dolls.
[1:16 AM] Uni: Strangely enough, the two never did seem very happy, even after the dolls were returned.
[1:17 AM] Uni: ==End RP==


No comments:

Post a Comment