Sunday, July 24, 2016

33: A Perfect Noble

Featuring: Vivianna, Lorcan

[10:13 AM] Mika™: Vivianna smiles as she wraps the dark ribbon around her neck. Though it was a simple necklace..it seems to be healing her slowly. She heads out to the market. She was low on many many foods, and she needed to restock. It would be nice to cook something from her homeland again. She stops at a bread stand, trying to decide which to buy.
[10:19 AM] Storm: Strolling through the market dressed in his formal attire, the crimson cloak gently floating above the ground as he walked, Lorcan was out and about more to please Mathias’ requests rather than his own impulses. The old man had a way of guilting people into doing stuff. Lorcan hated it. As Lorcan browsed each of the stalls, the foods were all sorts of different varieties. Many he recognized from the stuff grown in Gallaran. He stopped at a bread stand, the smell of fresh bread was something that always attracted him. As he approached, he accidently bumped into a woman with a ribbon around her neck. “I’m so sorry, I apologize” Lorcan said, moving to the side,picking up a small loaf to buy.
[10:22 AM] Mika™: "Huh? No no! I was standing in the way really." She moves a little. "Oh I wouldn't buy that one though, it's not fresh at all. I bet it's been here for one than two days." She smiles and hands him a small but warm roll. "Now this is good, but as you saw it was hiding in the back."
[10:29 AM] Storm: “Really?” Lorcan gave the roll he was holding a small squeeze, and indeed this woman was right, the bread was rather stale already.
“You’re right, stale” Lorcan chucked the bread back into the basket. Taking the roll into his own hands, the warm sensation of the bread and the scent that wafted off indicated she was right, it was a good roll of bread. “Thanks, guess I should visit markets more to learn where to get the better stock: he said raising the roll in his hand, “It has been a while since I’ve had fresh bread.” Mathias is gonna hate the vegetables he made me buy then. I just took the stuff off the top. That’s what he gets for forcing me out in this city.
[10:34 AM] Mika™: "I don't usually buy bread since I can make it but I've been rather sick lately and hadn't had the time to make bread. I just wish the people running the stales were more honest about what they are selling. A lot of food here is rather bad." She quickly picks serval loafs. "But I guess it doesn't matter if the people buying can not tell." She moves a little to look at potatoes.
[10:42 AM] Storm: Lorcan instinctively took a slight step back If she’s sick I better hope it’s not contagious “I see, I can’t really tell often whether the food is good or bad. I send people do my shopping for me.” Lorcan leaned in slightly to get a better look at the food within in the stalls, spotting a loaf or two already wild dots of blue mold. “It must be something in Freyzenwald. Back in Gallaran, selling food of this quality would never pass.” As she moved to look at the potatoes, Lorcan didn’t know why but he followed her. There was something about her that caught his attention but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. “Ah potatoes. Am I ever sick of those. Basically all we ate on the journey here.”
[10:46 AM] Mika™: "I haven't had them in a while. They remind me of home so I thought I should make some dishes of my homeland tonight. I already made a dessert which is silly but I have such a big sweet tooth." Oh he must be a noble..a proper one to as her mother would say. "Would you like to try it out? I think it taste good but I would like to share with my friends and need another opinion on it." She puts searvel potatoes in her basket.
[10:53 AM] Storm: “You’re not from Freyzenwald?” She might be here for the election as well “The desert? Perhaps. I wouldn’t mind sampling some properly cooked food. The tavern I am staying at, the food is rather bland. Could use some sugar.” What are the chances it’s a trap, the desert is poisoned? I doubt it for some reason Lorcan, tossing the bread roll between his hands realized he had yet to actually pay for it. He reached into his coin pouch and tossed several coins at the merchant behind the stall.
[10:56 AM] Mika™: "Not at all I'm from Nohr and no I'm not here for anything serious..I..I just..a fortune teller told me I'd find my husband here and so I left and came here. Silly I know but..I do believe it." She hands him the sweet. "You're a noble right. I can tell by the way you talk and act. It reminds me of my father."
[11:02 AM] Storm: “Nohr?” Lorcan exclaimed, surprised, “That must be some faith in the fortune teller to travel all this distance for a husband.” Lorcan took the sweet from her, inspecting it, “This is a traditional Nohrian desert? It looks good. And yes, I suppose it’s hard to conceal the fact. I am of noble lineage, but am not the heir of my house. That would be my brother, whom I serve as Master of Arms.
[11:07 AM] Mika™: "Well I'm what you would call a hopeless romantic." She nods. "It is. My mother favorite. I think I would like something a little sweeter." She's picking up onions now. "I am the heir but I do not like it. I want to be free to do what I like, that's also why I'm here..to be free. I suppose I'm weird to think that."
[11:14 AM] Storm: “Nothing wrong with that.” Lorcan took a small bite of the desert. “I agree, it could be a little sweeter. Otherwise an excellent dessert.” He took a few more bites as they continued walking. “I can sympathize a small amount. Even though I am not the heir I was always destined to serve my brother. And he too resents the strict rigid rules of nobility. But despite the lack of choice in life, I would not know what to do if given the choice.”
[11:17 AM] Mika™: "Nothing? Really don't you have dreams that couldn't happen because you are stuck in this life..I guess you are lucky then. To never wonder what it would be like then." She lets out a hum. "I don't have siblings, I think it would have been nice to have them."
[11:23 AM] Storm: “Nothing. I am perfectly content with my current standing.” Lorcan said rather planely, I don’t even know what my dreams are to begin with “The life of politics is not my life. Some younger siblings resent the eldest destined to be heir, whereas I am relieved Keiran has that role instead. Growing up with a sibling is a boon for sure. It must be lonely as an only child.”
[11:34 AM] Mika™: This must be what a perfect noble looks like, how..cold. "Lonely a little but I loved being spoiled by those around me for being the only child."
[11:37 AM] Storm: “I suppose that is true. Don’t have to share the resources within another.” Lorcan stopped for a brief second, “I just realized I failed to introduce myself now that I know you are of noble descent. Please forgive my rudeness. I am Lorcan of House Abendroth.” He made a small half bow.”
[11:40 AM] Mika™: "I'm Vivianna! Please to meet you Lorcan." She bows back.
[11:43 AM] Storm: “A pleasure to be of your acquaintance Vivianna. So, are you familiar with Amaterasu? I just arrived yesterday, and I do not know where I am headed, nor really know of places to go in the city that are of interest”
[11:48 AM] Mika™: "Oh just yesterday..wow..hah so many things have happen already. Well I love the plaza, there are acts there and it is just a good place to relax. There are many inns around here too, though they are not cheap. You might even have to get a job."
[11:53 AM] Storm: “Already? And here I thought I was far too early for the upcoming election. I did walk through the central plaza on my way to the palace yesterday. I have noticed quite the amount of inns in this area of the city. I couldn’t tell you though where the one I am staying in. My aide found one that seems...adequate. It is pricey, but money is no issue for the time being. I would also rather not stoop to find a job in Freyzenwald.”
[11:58 AM] Mika™: She laughs. "Most nobles wouldn't but I love working with the horses." She finally turns to him. "You'd be surprised at all the things that can happen in such a short time. It's almost impossible at times to me. Well since you are new, would you like to have dinner with me, I always cook too much and it seems that with every new person I meet I cook for them."
[12:03 PM] Storm: “Horses I do not mind. So long as it is my own horse I believe you what all seems to happen. I’ve been here but a day and I’ve already had some strange encounter. Yesterday even some stranger, who turned out to be a former Khlinese noble, approached me for what seemed no reason and I later wound up dueling with him.” Lorcan stopped to face Vivianna as well. “I gladly accept. Anything beats tavern food, and based upon that desert you handed me, I am sure you are quite the cook.”(edited)
[12:04 PM] Mika™: "That is strange but I'm sure you'll meet and do even stranger stuff before the party even starts." She nods for him to follow her.
[12:07 PM] Storm: “Oh I am certain of that as well. Amaterasu seems like it is the type of city that attracts all manner of people.” And the sooner I can get home, the better “So if I may ask, where are we headed?” Lorcan questioned, following Vivianna.
[12:10 PM] Mika™: "To the inn I'm staying at. It's just me so don't worry ok." Soon they come upon a nice little inn. "The people I've meet here..some might be my friends for life."
[12:17 PM] Mika™: She turns around. "I need to stop asking people I just meet to eat with me. I was feeling just fine but now I'm feeling a little woozy, you wouldn't mind if we postponed the dinner."
[12:21 PM] Storm: “Okay, no worries. We can certainly postpone the dinner. Infact I believe I did promise my aides I would meet with them tonight.” Lorcan looked around the street, and figured he should be able to find his way back just fine. “It was a pleasure to meet you Lady Vivianna of Nohr” Lorcan made a small bow, “Do get some rest and feel better.” Lorcan turned to walk back the way he came.
[12:22 PM] Mika™: She waves bye to him.
[12:22 PM] Mika™: ==END RP==




No comments:

Post a Comment