Saturday, July 30, 2016

CHAPTER 1 PROLOGUE: The Taste of Wine


Featuring: Salveon, Ellis

Salveon, preparing himself mentally to attend the party, runs into his wife's younger sister Ellis, who comforts him with a voice "untainted by malice" and a glass of fine wine. He shares his apprehensions about the party, as well as being a royal candidate, and spots a strange twitch from Ellis when she talks about the upcoming election. He promptly takes a "shortcut" by jumping off the castle balcony, while Ellis remarks on how interesting of a husband her sister found.



https://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Emblem/comments/4q93t3/group_c_story_post_prologue/
Salveon:...It’s so noisy outside already. Been so long since I’ve joined a party like this…
Salveon:Standing inside the warm sunlight beaming off his dark brown hair, the matured man adjusts the grey, hooded cloak around his shoulders as hestares out the window.
Salveon:At least she let me wear this.
Salveon: Satisfied with his look, the man brushes his shirt off one more time before rubbing his hands together. Taking deep breathes, he moves for the windowed door, a gloved hand grasping the brass door handle.
Amasuro “Heading out?” Came a gentle, questioning voice from behind. The man would usually be on guard from such voices sneaking up from behind, but this one was almost disarming. A voice so untainted by malice, it would be a crime to suspect harm.
Salveon:“Happy birthday, princess Ellis,” the man congratulated, turning his head slightly over his shoulder.
Amasuro “Ehe, thank you,” she responded, her long white hair dancing with her head as she smiled sweetly at the man. For her big day, the young princess wore a modest, simple light blue dress, tied around her small hips. Wrapped around her long, straight white hair were translucent pink laces. And, wrapped tightly between both her hands, a small wine glass filled halfway with a bright red drink.
Amasuro “You seem uncomfortable. Something not to your liking?” The young princess asked.
Salveon:“No, of course not. I’m sure all your arrangements are perfect,” he turns away, adjusting his cloak again, “I’m just...not used to crowds. They’re...going to be trying to talk to me, right?”
Amasuro The princess smiled again, “they just want to meet their future king, you know.”
Salveon:“Yeah...then there’s that,” he mumbled, indifferent about the whole situation. The man continued to hide his worried face from the princess, until a hand rested on his shoulder.
Amasuro “Do not worry about it,” she soothed, blushing slightly, “I think it is admirable that you would go to these lengths for my sister, even when you feel so uncomfortable with it all.”
Salveon:“I...still don’t understand these feelings of mine, but…” he tries turning again, desperate to hide his own blushing face from the princess, “...I chose to devote my life to her and my children. That’s why...I will continue to follow her.”
Amasuro “Sister is very lucky to have someone like you. I’m quite jealous of her.”
Salveon:“Heh, you say that without knowing everything about me.”
Amasuro “I would like to believe that I know enough,” She taps on his shoulder, gesturing the small wine glass at the flustered man, “would you like a drink? It will calm your nerves, I’m sure.”
Salveon:He stared hesitantly at the glass, before finally grabbing it tenderly, “I’m not much of a drinker, but...if you’re offering. Thank you, princess.”
Amasuro “It is no problem. I hope you enjoy one of our finer brands of wine.”
Salveon:The man brings the glass up for a gulp, before blinking a few times. He then lowers his hand, swirling the glass around first before taking a small sip.
Salveon:Can’t forget those etiquette lessons she gave me. Not in front of her sister, at least.
Amasuro “How is it?” The princess asked, stifling her giggles at the man’s demeanor.
Salveon:“Its...different. Sorry, I’m just not used to the taste of wine yet…”
Amasuro “Ah, of course. But, are you enjoying it?”
Salveon:Out of respect to the young princess, the man finishes the contents of the glass, “it’s good.”
Amasuro “Ehe, you do not have to lie to me if you dislike it.” Ellis teases, taking the glass back from the man.
Salveon:“No, no, it’s good. Really,” he nods at the girl, “thank you for the drink.”
Amasuro “It is my pleasure,” she smiled at him before coming to a sudden realization, “oh! I am sorry, you were about to leave to the party?”
Salveon:“Ah, yes. I...yeah.”
Salveon:Almost forgot about the party. Heh, time flies I suppose.
Amasuro “Well then I will not hold you here any longer,” the princess does her own, light bow at the man, “I hope you enjoy yourself.”
Salveon:“Right. And, ah, good luck with the election, Ellis.”
Amasuro “Mmm...yes, of course, the election. I am excited to see who our people have chosen...”
Salveon:Was that...a twitch? I swear, she just twitched at that question…
Salveon:The man opens the door, stepping out onto the patio, “so am I. I’ll see you later.” He starts to walk away before the voice speaks up again, slightly panicked.
Amasuro “Wait, where are you going? This is the second floor!”
Salveon:“It’s a shortcut,” he said with a mischievous grin. And, with a running start, the nimble man vaulted over the railing. A few startled shrieks and a couple quick ‘sorries’ soon followed.
Amasuro:I wonder“You should not do that…” Ellis tried warning far too late, after the man was already on the ground below. She sighed, gripping the glass between her hands.
Amasuro “Sister really found an interesting husband. I wonder how well of a king you would be…"
Amasuro "...Salveon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment