Saturday, July 30, 2016

39.1: He's a Guy

Featuring: Kalenzo, Alisa, Shyun

[12:46 PM] ColdToiletSeat: It was almost mid-day, the sun was shining brightly overhead when Kalenzo's eyes had snapped open. He looked around, dazed and confused as to what had happened before he had passed out. He raised his arms to try and fix his disheveled hair and place it back into his usual ponytail. It was then, he had felt light-headed and remembered what he had done before his impromptu slumber. He rolled up his sleeve and noticed the large cut that had gone down the length of his forearm, he sighed, I did what I had to. I should just get this treated before it becomes more of a problem than it already is. Kalenzo rolled down his sleeve before picking up the surprisingly untouched bag of gold and continuing down the path back to the country's capital. The artist approached the city walls, his face paler than it usually was due to the blood-loss.
[12:58 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Alisa stood near the gates. Watching off in the distance at the dizzy bowman
[1:04 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She contemplates going out and helping him
[1:04 PM] ColdToiletSeat: The guards had stopped him, asking for his name and business. Kalenzo simply replied by leaning against one of the gates and stating that he was a merchant and that he was attacked. They took his bait and he continued into the city. ...Now, if I go down this corner, I shouldn't rouse too much suspicion... He thought, his stare idly drifting between the buildings and streets he had familiarized himself with.
[1:06 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Alisa follows behind. "Hey, so I heard you were a merchant, and I'm the kinda gal that could use something right about now."
[1:08 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Like an ointment for an itch"
[1:09 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Excuse me?" Kalenzo asked, stopping to lean against a wall before he had turned around to meet his follower with his pale expression.
[1:09 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Wow, you look like you could use something, for, well. that"
[1:09 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She points at his whole body
[1:13 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Eheh, eheh..." Kalenzo chuckled weakly, straining to put on a smile "I'll have you know this is all for a good reason." "Now, if you'll excuse me, miss Alisa..." He remarked, his knees wobbling as he turned himself around, straining himself just to keep the bag of gold over his shoulder in place. "I'll just be on my way..."(edited)
[1:14 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Where you going? The afterlife?"
[1:15 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She said as she walked under his arm to put it over her shoulder.
[1:15 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "That's an odd way of pronouncing "a healer ""
[1:22 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh, really now? I, was just, on my way..." Kalenzo managed to say, looking at the woman helping him with his woozy looking eyes. She could feel some of his blood drip onto her shoulder while they walked.(edited)
[1:24 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Alright, just a little more. You owe me a new coat by the way."
[1:25 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Let's hope your wallet can survive against my tastes."
[1:26 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I, believe... I can help with that..." Kalenzo smiled, his head starting to droop forward as he rolled the shoulder that held his newly acquired bag of money.
[1:27 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Woah, you shouldnt show a girl like me that kinda dough."
[1:27 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "I know girls that will kill for this kind of money"
[1:27 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "And I'm the kinda girl who has killed for this kinda money."
[1:29 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Really now? Heh... that's quite funny..."
[1:31 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "...Killing people for sport like that... that's quite hilarious, I'd say..." He added, his face going into a deadpan frown. "...Hilariously stupid."
[1:32 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Woah hey now. Killing people is my job, and the more people I kill, the more gold I'll earn." She said, frowning a bit. "Besides, that was a joke. A soldier's pay is crap."
[1:42 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "A joke, eh? You want to know what else... is a joke..." Kalenzo spoke drifting off before he had succumbed to the inebriation of blood loss. His knees wobbled before he collapsed yet again, his eyes twitching occasionally.
[1:43 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Yeah, your physical condition. I don't think walking there's possible." she kicked a box over and slowly help Kalenzo sit on it
[1:45 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "mthanks..." He slurred, leaning his back against the wall with ease.
[1:47 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Alright, how can I get someone without leaving you..."
[1:49 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ohno, it's fine... I got-" Kalenzo responded, raising his right arm to pull his knife out from behind him, only to give it a good yank before letting his cut-arm drop in exasperation. "-Nevermind."
[1:49 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Woah Woah Woah! What are you thinking?"
[1:51 PM] ColdToiletSeat: The knife remained in his sheathe. "I was going to protect myself if anyone came around... so you could find somebody and help me."
[1:54 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Pfft, now that's hilarious. I'm gonna try calling for help. HELP!"
[1:57 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo seemed to frown as the girl continued to poke fun at him, he had felt helpless once more and gods above did it piss him off.
[1:58 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Hm, that don't look like it's gonna work anytime soon."
[2:15 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, I don't have any ideas aside from bleeding out from where I sit." Kalenzo smiled, staring intently at the girl before him. "But that wouldn't end too well."
[2:17 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "No it wouldn't... Say, you got a match?"
[2:21 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Yes, I do... uh, why do you ask?"
[2:22 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "People can see fire easier they can hear an injured guy and a devilishly good looking girl in an alleyway."
[2:27 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Tch, this is really the only plan that you've got?" He asked, tilting his head as his sunken eyes tried to keep themselves opened.
[2:28 PM] Tgsnum5: "Er, excuse me, sir. Do you, er need some help there?" Shyun was off shift and had wanted to spend his break looking around town, as it had been a while since he had gotten a chance to explore a city this big. But he had a bad feeling that this woman and her bleeding compatriot was going to take up most of his time.
[2:30 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Or... That guy."
[2:33 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, yes. I would appreciate any help greatly." Kalenzo smiled weakly, turning his head to meet the gaze of the stranger. However, behind his guise he thought to himself of how the situation could go awry, He could possibly overpower her and I don't think I'll be able to do anything in my current state, Gods, I hate this feeling so much. Hopefully, this one has good intentions.(edited)
[2:37 PM] Tgsnum5: "Alright, let's take a look here." Shyun approached the man and tried to inspect him as best he could. His injuries appeared to be mostly one really bad cut. Unless they were done with a poisoned weapon, that was actually a good thing. From his experiences, it was actually pretty hard to kill someone with a cut. Still, the man had lost a lot of blood. "Okay buddy, stay with me. These things tend to look a lot worse than they actually are. Can you walk?"(edited)
[2:39 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Alisa stood by
[2:42 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I, can certainly try..." Kalenzo responded, his expression straining as he attempted to lean forward and get up and onto his feet. His struggle was in vain as his knees buckled, causing him to fall back onto the crate. "I... don't think I can get very far without having to crawl."
[2:48 PM] Tgsnum5: "Right. I'm probably going to have to carry you then. Most healers in the city are probably going to be hanging around the party at the castle town, and I don't think you're going to make it if we waste time looking for one that isn't. But first..." Shyun tore off some of his already ragged shirt (he was never one for fashion) and started to bandage the wounded arm as best he could. While he was doing so, he paused to look at the woman who he had mostly ignored this whole time. "I hope you weren't the one who did this. I don't want to hurt a pretty face, but I also don't want to drag you back to the castle for the guards while also carrying this guy even less." Shyun remarked dryly.(edited)
[2:59 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, I assure you, she wasn't the one who had done this to me." He answered, watching with a neutral expression as the man wrapped and covered his self-inflicted wounds. "Regardless, thank you, very much for this. I really appreciate the help." This one's quite the philanthropist, I'd say, helping me out of the blue like that... "Might I ask, what your name is?" He huffed, trying to make eye contact has his head slowly failed to sit still.
[3:01 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "If I did this he'd be dead, which he's not, so I didn't."
[3:08 PM] Tgsnum5: Shyun raised his eyebrow at the woman's answer for a second, but quickly looked back at the injured man. It's not like his profession has made him a stranger to dangerous women, nor had it failed to teach him when it's a good idea to not press for details. "Name's Shyun." Both not wanting to waste time or talk about himself, he left it at that. Putting his arms around the man at his feet, he hoisted the man over his shoulder with a grunt. "Huh. You're actually lighter than you look. Maybe all that blood loss made you lose weight." He turned to head back towards the castle, but before he left he looked back over his shoulder at the girl "You can come too, if you want." Not waiting for an answer, he started towards the crowds that one could just see in the distance.(edited)
[3:09 PM] [nootamod] benoot: When Shyun turned away, Alisa gave him the middle finger(edited)
[3:14 PM] Tgsnum5: As he walked back, Shyun figured it would be at least a little awkward if he didn't say something to his captive audience. "So, I told you my name. What's yours?"
[3:15 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Alisa quickly retracts her hand. "Alisa."
[3:16 PM] ColdToiletSeat: No! My gold! Damn it! Kalenzo cursed to himself, not wanting to interrupt Shyun more than he had to. "Eheh..." He snickered at the man's remark before waiting to answer his inquiry. "...And I'm Kalenzo, pleasure to meet you, Shyun."
[3:22 PM] Tgsnum5: "Alright. It's a pleasure to meet you both. And don't worry Kalenzo, I'm not gonna ask how you got so cut up. Not my business. As long as you aren't like, a serial killer or something I don't really care. If I'm being honest actually, I've got a monk friend who's been dying to pay me back for a favor, and I hadn't been able to think of anything until now. So really, we're helping each other here."(edited)
[3:34 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hmm, alright... I can see that's fair." Kalenzo remarked, snickering at the previous statement before answering it. "Oh, and I assure you, I'm not a serial killer. I am nothing more than an artist and a bowman."
[3:36 PM] Tgsnum5: "I imagine that if you were, I'd have a knife in my back by now." Shyun keep quiet for a while, until finally he spoke again. "You're probably wondering when I'm going to ask about payment, aren't you?"
[3:41 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Indeed, it was one of the things gnawing at my mind." He answered, nodding as he held back another giggle as the man carrying him spoke about having a knife in his back. "...Ah, I suppose I'll find a way to repay you one way or another. What'll it be? Money? Some drink?"(edited)
[3:53 PM] Tgsnum5: "Alright, here comes the hard part. I need to make sure that I sound sincere here." Shyun took a second, searching for the right words. Finally, he spoke "I'm a mercenary. I'm no stranger to saving or taking lives for gold. And when being officially hired, that's what I do. But for, say, a stranger on the street, I've found it's much better to have friends rather than gold. Because ultimately, gold won't save you in a battle, or be a guide in a strange land, or heal you after a bad bar fight. So for now, all I ask is that you remember my name and what I did for you today." "And really," Shyun thought with a smile "it's not a total lie either. Just...not the full story."(edited)
[4:08 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Alright... I understand." Kalenzo nodded, letting out a sigh of relief before remaining silent for a while, letting the information stew around a bit before he would resume their exchange of words. "But, I'm truly grateful that you did this, I'd be willing to share a drink or two with you."
[4:09 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "I don't drink with people"
[4:16 PM] Tgsnum5: "I'm going to have to decline as well I'm afraid, at least for now. Not that I wouldn't mind the company, but I am here to act as a guard as the party, and I don't want to get yelled at for being away from my post. Speaking of the party..." they were close enough now that some people were staring at them, including some guards. "It might look bad if I just wander into a crowd carrying a bleeding man, so," Shyun put Kalenzo down as gently as he could manage "I need you to not die long enough for me to go fetch my friend." Shyun smiled at him, nodded at Alisa, then went off to find his friend. "Knowing Kazuki, he's either praying or dead drunk somewhere. For all our sakes, I hope it's the former."
[4:25 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I see, well then, I'll certainly try my best." Kalenzo smiled, resting his hand on his wound as he was placed back onto the ground. It's so warm... He thought before nodding to Shyun as he went off. "...Well then, he's quite the gentleman, isn't he? Eh, Alisa?"
[4:36 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Mm"
[4:50 PM] Tgsnum5: "Gods Kazuki, could you have been more out of the way?" The redheaded monk had been chatting up a pegasus knight away from the crowds near the barracks that had been set aside for the mercenaries guarding the party. "What the hell Shyun? She was totally falling for me, and did you SEE those thighs? This better be important!" "First of all, any woman willing to lie with you either has a lover's pox or something seriously wrong with their heads. Second, this is that important, actually. I've got an acquaintance nearby who's hurt badly and needs a healer." Kazuki shrugged his scraggly shoulders. "I'm not seeing the importance." "Let me finish then. Said acquaintance happened to leave behind a bag of bullion where I found him. Now, I didn't get that good of a look, but it seemed pretty thick. So here's what I need you to do: heal him, but take as long as possible. I don't care what you do, just buy me time to go get that gold. Do it well, and I'll give you a cut. Deal?" Kazuki's angered frown was replaced with a devilish grin. "Yeah, alright. Deal." Shyun had a similar smile at this point. "Alright, there he is. Remember, buy us time." Shyun and Kazuki arrived to see the other two engaging in small talk. "Kalenzo, this is Kazuki. Kazuki, Kalenzo. I'd love to stay around, but they've called me back to guard duty. It was lovely meeting both of you." Shyun shook Kalenzo's (non injured) hand and then hurried back into the crowds "I'll need to be quick about this, I don't trust that idiot to not screw something up. I think I saw another way back to where I found him. If I hurry, I should be fine." Kazuki started to knell down before Kalenzo, but noticed Alisa for the first time. "Oh! Shyun didn't say anything about others. May I have the honor of knowing your name, my lady?" he said, as he did an absurd looking bow.
[4:52 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Alisa hid her disgust as much as she could, but her face still screamed "ugh". Its Alisa "
[4:59 PM] Tgsnum5: Taking hints was not one of Kazuki's strong points. "Alisa. That's a lovely name. I do hope you intend to stay for the festivities. I'd love to buy you a drink." Kalenzo coughed beneath the two. Kazuki tried to hide his disappointment "Alas, but duty calls. Now then, this arm is the source of your injuries, correct? Hmmm, it might only need a simple Heal, but it does look bad. Perhaps a Mend? No, no. Maybe just a vulnerary..."
[5:02 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Alisa wipes her hand on her pants
[5:08 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "It's a pleasure to meet you... Kazuki, feel free to do whatever you need to."
[5:10 PM] Tgsnum5: This went on for some time. By the time Kazuki openly considered just cutting Kalonzo's arm off entirely however, even he could tell that the two were very, very annoyed with him. "Er, right. Mend staff it is, then. Better safe than sorry." He placed a bag of staves he had slung over his shoulder on the ground, and started rifling through it. "Now, where did I put it? I could swear that it was-" "It's right there." Alisa interrupted, pointing at the very conspicuous staff poking out more than the others. "Ah, right you are. Beautiful and wise, I see!" Kazuki them mumbled a (noticeably long) chant and the flesh on Kalenzo's arm did indeed start to mend itself back together. "Um, right then. It was nice meeting you two. Kalenzo, your arm should be fine. Alisa, I'll be in the nearest tavern just in case, you know, you happen to stumble by. Farewell, friends!" Kazuki quickly left.(edited)
[5:12 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "..."
[5:13 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "He's a guy"
[5:14 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "...Certainly."
[5:16 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "I should've told him I don't drink with people...especially guys. No offence."
[5:20 PM] Tgsnum5: "Huh. I thought it might have been gone by now." Shyun took the bag of gold in his hands. "Sorry Kalenzo. Friends are more important than gold, but when one gets the chance to get BOTH, well, it's not much of a choice." "Now then, time to get back to the barracks before either of them come back."
[5:22 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "How ya feeling?"
[5:24 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Mmm Goodness, that Kazuki fellow can certainly work a staff. I'm feeling a lot better." He answered, wringing his wrist.
[5:25 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Cool"
[5:31 PM] Tgsnum5: "And there we go." with a click the trunk at the foot of Shyun's bed closed, and with it his ill gotten goods were (at least reasonably) secured.* "That was...very easy, actually. Maybe they're just gullible."* He stood up and stretched. "Come to think of it, it is actually extremely strange that posts haven't shifted yet. Maybe I ought to take him up on that drink after all..." Shyun thought about it for a moment, and decided to go back and see if either of them were still there.
[5:36 PM] Tgsnum5: Sure enough, they were. "Kalenzo! Is the arm any better? Kazuki has the brains of a wyvern, but he's good with a staff in my experence. Say, are you still good for that drink?"
[5:47 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I'm certainly doing better, good sir." He responded, a bit more cheerful this time as he gave his mended arm a test stretching. "Glad to see you've got time to drink. And with the party coming up, there isn't any better way to celebrate than with a fine bottle of Sake." That and it'll help with this pain I'm feeling.
[5:48 PM] Tgsnum5: "Good. Er, you can come too Alisa, if you wish. I uh, don't suppose either of you know a place? I am fairly new in town."
[5:49 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "I'm gonna take a pass." she said turning around. "See ya around" she waves and leaves
[5:49 PM] Tgsnum5: "Alright then. It was nice meeting you!"
[5:54 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "See you around, Alisa." He waved using his uninjured arm before turning back to Shyun. "Well then, I happen to know a good place. If you don't mind helping me up, I'd love to take you there as thanks."
[5:55 PM] Tgsnum5: "Yeah, sure." Shyun helped Kalenzo back on his feet and tried to steady him. "Lead the way. Um, if you can anyways."
[6:09 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Right this way, then." Kalenzo spoke, his expression gaining more color to it as he pointed in the direction where the tavern was.
[6:09 PM] ColdToiletSeat: =====End RP=====



No comments:

Post a Comment