Saturday, July 30, 2016

39.7.1: The Couples

Featuring: Kazama, Elwyn, Claire, Versailles, Sula, Vivianna

Three dating couples at the festival [Paralogues 39, 39.5, and 39.6] converge at the dumpling stand. Kazama begins to tell Elwyn about his century-long journey through Nolore, only for Claire and Versailles to notice them. Kazama and Versailles are introduced to each other, and they all celebrate the others' relationships. Then, as Elwyn alludes to how he and Kazama made it official, Sula and Vivianna arrive, setting off another round of congratulations. Sula expresses his surprise at seeing Claire with Versailles and not Leodin, which confuses everyone. Kazama joins Elwyn with insinuating how they "consummated" their relationship, leaving Claire and Vivianna clueless, and Sula and Versailles flustered. When the women finally understand, Versailles tries to change the subject, but the conversation descends into chaos as Vivianna announces her attraction to Elwyn and Versailles, causing Kazama to compliment all of the other men and Sula to sarcastically advocate for marrying everyone at the table to everyone else. Claire finally convinces the group to go for a walk to defuse the situation.


[5:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "Tell me, Elwyn. Do you recall the capital of Hoshido?"
[5:45 PM] Mango: "Yes...I visited once when I was being taught in Izumo."
[5:46 PM] AOMRocks20: "Do you remember its name?"
[5:48 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire and Versailles approach the dumpling stand
[5:48 PM] Mango: "I...don't believe so. It's been quite some time since I've last been there."
[5:49 PM] Mango: "Why do you ask?"
[5:49 PM] AOMRocks20: "I was checking."
[5:49 PM] AOMRocks20: "At the time, that place was... small."
[5:50 PM] Mango: "I never thought a place so big would be...so small in its early days."
[5:50 PM] spikethe3rd: Not noticing Elwyn and Kazama, Versailles orders to dumplings from the stall.
[5:50 PM] AOMRocks20: "It was. Almost everyone knew each other."
[5:50 PM] AOMRocks20: "Very, very small."
[5:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "I had taken it upon myself to explore Nolore during my century away."
[5:51 PM] Mango: "I see...so that's when you met your friend, right?"
[5:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "You're rushing things."
[5:52 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles receives the two dumplings and hands one to Claire. He turns towards Elwyn.
[5:52 PM] spikethe3rd: "OH! Hey Elwyn!"
[5:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "During my travels, I frequently had low funds, and--"
[5:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm?"
[5:53 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Ah! and Kazama too!"
[5:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Is that--Claire?!"
[5:54 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Mhm!"
[5:54 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah!" Kazama stands up, quickly hugging her. "Claire, my friend! It's been too long since I've seen you!"
[5:55 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Are you guys enj-" she was interupted by the hug
[5:55 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles eyes up Kazama as he hugs Claire.
[5:55 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles, quickly pulling away. "How have you been? Are you enjoying the festivities?"
[5:56 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Heh, I guess we've been getting too busy to really talk that much..." she said as he let go. "Yeah! We just got here, but it looks like so much fun!"
[5:56 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, we should talk more, then! ...'We'?"
[5:57 PM] Mango: "Versailles." Elwyn bowed.
[5:57 PM] spikethe3rd: "Hello again Elwyn." He bowed awkwardly in the Yukata back.
[5:57 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire moved back to Versailles's side
[5:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, is this your 'we', then?" Kazama moved to Elwyn's side.
[5:59 PM] Mango: "You're looking quite stunning in that yukata! I see you're not really used to it."
[5:59 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Eheh, yup!"
[5:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, let me speak to him, then!"
[6:00 PM] Mango: "Are you enjoying the celebration?"
[6:00 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well, we just got here, but we hope to."
[6:01 PM] Mango: "They've got lots of wine, if that's what you're into."
[6:01 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles glances at Claire, "Maybe not..."
[6:01 PM] Mango: "I do believe they also have cake. Maybe you can get some chocolate cake for your sweet tooth."
[6:01 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama holds out his hand to Versailles. "Pardon me, sir?"(edited)
[6:03 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles takes it. "Nice to meet you... Kazama."
[6:03 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire takes a bite of the dumpling
[6:03 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Ah! It's hot..."
[6:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, you know me?"
[6:04 PM] Mango: "I know, right?"
[6:04 PM] Mango: "It's better if you blow on it before eating..."
[6:04 PM] spikethe3rd: "Um... no, Claire just said your name."
[6:05 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Right." she nods at Elwyn before cautiously blowing on her dumpling for a bit
[6:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah. Well, I am Kazama, the man in charge of security during these festivities! And who might you be?"
[6:05 PM] spikethe3rd: "I am Versailles, a monk from the south."
[6:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, so you are Versailles! I've heard about you."
[6:06 PM] spikethe3rd: "You have?"
[6:06 PM] AOMRocks20: "I take it you're good friends with Claire?"
[6:07 PM] spikethe3rd: He looks at Claire, then looks back.
[6:07 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well..."
[6:07 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama raises an eyebrow. "Are you strangers, then?"
[6:07 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire looks at him as she's taking a bite out of her dumpling
[6:08 PM] Mango: "They're datingggg."
[6:08 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Slightly blushing, she pulls herself closer him
[6:08 PM] spikethe3rd: Also blushing, Versailles looks away
[6:08 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Scratch slightly, her face is all red
[6:08 PM] Mango: "Did my help work out, Claire?"
[6:08 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles. "My gods, it's true! Congratulations!"
[6:09 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She nods her head up and down
[6:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "When did you start? I know you only got here a few weeks ago, Claire."
[6:10 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "T, two nights ago..." she said after she swallowed
[6:11 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles nodded, taking a bite of his dumpling.
[6:12 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah! How lovely!" Kazama pulls Elwyn over to his side. "Elwyn and I have been sort of courting for the past week or so, but earlier today we made it official!"
[6:12 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Ah, really? Congrats you two!"
[6:12 PM] Mango: "The way we made it official was...quite something." He smiled.
[6:12 PM] spikethe3rd: "Congrats." Versailles says covering his mouth.
[6:13 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama reddens. "Oh, thank you. And another congratulations to you two."
[6:14 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "The way? What did you do?"
[6:15 PM] Mango: "Weellll..."
[6:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, ah, just nothing. We went to his room and did nothing all morning." He giggles.
[6:15 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Oh?" she tilts her head as she takes another bite. "What's so funny?"
[6:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, I'm just giddy, is all." Kazama shuffles. The robes are awfully tight...
July 31, 2016
[5:33 PM] Kwakado: As they passed by, Sula spotted some familiar faces wearing unfamiliar dresses. "...Is that..?"
[5:35 PM] Mika™: "Claire? Oh and Elwyn..and Kazama too!"
[5:35 PM] AOMRocks20: "So, Claire, I assume you haven't been getting lost as much?"
[5:36 PM] Kwakado: "Kwemo, friends!" Sula waves giddily to them with his unoccupied hand.
[5:36 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Nope! I've been getting used to navigating."
[5:37 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Oh! Sula! And Vivi too!"
[5:37 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles looks at the newcomers.
[5:37 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, that's delightful--Eh?" Kazama turns, then waves. "Kwemo! Kwemo, my friends!"
[5:39 PM] Kwakado: Sula smiles at them all as they approach. "Clair-i, Versa-i, this is Vivi-e. We, uu..." He similes sheepishly at Elwyn.
[5:39 PM] AOMRocks20: "Don't tell me! You're dating, too!"
[5:40 PM] Mika™: "Yeah..we are.." She shyly smiles.
[5:40 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Ah! Congratulations you two!"
[5:40 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh! How great! And a great coincidence! Elwyn and I and Versailles and Claire are in relationships, too!"
[5:41 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles blushes.
[5:41 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire smiles, her cheeks blushing as well
[5:41 PM] Mika™: "Oh wow!"
[5:42 PM] Kwakado: "Truly???" Sula is overwhelmed by the Kwemo before them, and can't help but blush a little himself. "But... Where is Leo-din, then?"
[5:42 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Leodin?"
[5:42 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shrugs.
[5:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "He's in his room."
[5:43 PM] Mika™: "No I'm sure he's in the party somewhere."
[5:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "...I say that because I saw him enter his room earlier."
[5:44 PM] Kwakado: "But Clair-i, didn't you--" He notices her matching outfit and close proximity to the Freyzenese monk. "...oh."
[5:44 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Didn't I what?"
[5:45 PM] Kwakado: "You...took Leo-din to dinner, yes?"
[5:45 PM] Mika™: "I'm so glad Claire..wait..what?"
[5:45 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She tilts her head to the side. "I...didn't?"
[5:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "...she didn't at all."
[5:46 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "I took Versailles." she says as she sticks close to his side, holding his arm
[5:46 PM] AOMRocks20: "Not that I recall, anyways."
[5:46 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, how lovely!"
[5:46 PM] Kwakado: Sula scratches the back of his tattooed head. "...I see. Yes, yes, how lovely, ha."
[5:47 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She nods but is hella confused
[5:47 PM] Mika™: She looks at him strangly.
[5:48 PM] Kwakado: "Then..Elwyn-no, you and Kaza-mo are also together?"
[5:48 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "That's right! Happened earlier today."
[5:48 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles holds Claire close, squeezing her hand.
[5:49 PM] Mika™: She grins. "Well how sweet!"
[5:49 PM] Mango: "You can only guess how we celebrated."
[5:49 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "How did you celebrate?"
[5:49 PM] Mika™: "Yeah how?"
[5:50 PM] Kwakado: Sula can't help but blush, glancing at Vivianna.
[5:50 PM] Mango: "Kazama?"
[5:50 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama giggles to himself. "Mm?"
[5:51 PM] Mango: "I'll just say...being in one's room is an experience."
[5:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "Especially yours." He giggles again.
[5:51 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Really? How so?"
[5:51 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Her curiousity increasing
[5:52 PM] Mika™: "Yeah how?"
[5:53 PM] Kwakado: Sula hums, grinning through the awkwardness. "Please, I am sure we would all love to hear."(edited)
[5:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well... Elwyn's a very up-tight person."
[5:53 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Really? He seems relatively relaxed..."
[5:54 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, no. You haven't seen him in his room. It gets loud."
[5:54 PM] Kwakado: Sula finds himself increasingly aware of the dancer's bold fashion choices today.
[5:54 PM] Mika™: "Loud?"
[5:55 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Why would he be loud?"
[5:55 PM] Mango: "I'm sure you'll find out yourselves. Someday."
[5:56 PM] AOMRocks20: "He's very uptight in his room, and when places go where he doesn't expect them to--" Kazama is interrupted by ELWYN.(edited)
[5:56 PM] Mika™: She pouts. "You can just tell us Elwyn."
[5:57 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "I don't think I get what you mean?"
[5:57 PM] Kwakado: "I wonder if... It would be easier to explain l-later, Kaza-mo...!"
[5:58 PM] Mango: "Vivianna, I'm sure you of all people know what I'm talking about."
[5:58 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire looks to Vivianna
[5:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama's jaw dropped, and he covered his mouth to stifle laughter.
[5:59 PM] Mika™: She looks at him hard. "Oh! You consummated your love!"(edited)
[6:00 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Oh. Oh! Oh!" Claire's face grows increasingly red with each "oh" as she hides her face behind Versailles
[6:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "You sound like Elwyn."
[6:00 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles also blushes and holds Claire close. "Oh my..."
[6:00 PM] Mika™: "How was it? D-Did it hurt?"
August 1, 2016
[7:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, no. At least, it wasn't supposed to."
[7:53 PM] Kwakado: "...How kind of you, ha ha."(edited)
[7:53 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire is steaming right now
[7:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "I actually never asked..." He pokes Elwyn.
[7:54 PM] Mango: "I'll leave it up to your opinion after hearing me, Kazama."
[7:55 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire's grip on Versailles's robes tighten
[7:57 PM] Kwakado: Sula's eyes shut, and he lets out a dull hum.
[7:58 PM] AOMRocks20: "Then I think it went quite well." He chuckles, suddenly very aflush. "My apologies, I don't usually talk about things like this..."
[7:59 PM] Mango: "No need to be embarrassed. It's part of a healthy relationship."
[7:59 PM] spikethe3rd: "So how have you been enjoying the festival!?" Versailles blurts out, trying to save them all.
[7:59 PM] Kwakado: "Kwemo! Very Kwemo!" Sula seizes the opportunity instantly.
[7:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "Very well! Yes! It's going delightful!"
[8:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "The dumplings have been good."
[8:00 PM] Kwakado: "Yes, yes, I was...quite surprised by them myself." Sula nods to the ninja, trying to distract himself from his own attempt at distraction.(edited)
[8:01 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire is still hiding in embarrassment
[8:02 PM] Mango: "I had fun with the festival. But I think I had more fun with Kazama today."
[8:02 PM] Mika™: Vivi looks at the two men. "How does it work for boys though..."
[8:03 PM] spikethe3rd: "THOSE DUMPLINGS WERE GREAT!" Versailles tries to cut Elwyn off.
[8:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, Vivianna..."
[8:04 PM] Mika™: "Also! Kazama! I have never do that with a boy! In fact before Leodin I hadn't even kissed someone before!"
[8:04 PM] Kwakado: "You kissed Leo-u?!"
[8:04 PM] Kwakado: "When?!"
[8:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "...what makes you think I believe you have?"(edited)
[8:04 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Ehh?!" she peeks out
[8:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "Wait, you kissed Leodin?"
[8:04 PM] Kwakado: Sula's jaw is agape, devoid of any sort of emotion but shock.(edited)
[8:05 PM] Mika™: "Well..he kissed me..and it was like before I meet you..such a sweet guy he is. It was his first too."
[8:05 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, how nice."
[8:05 PM] Mika™: "Yeah he is. I mean it was kinda cute looking back on it."
[8:06 PM] Kwakado: "...gods..." Sula's palm collides with his face.(edited)
[8:06 PM] Mango: "...Anyways, Versailles. I'm sure Claire would like to know, yes?"
[8:06 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire looks at Sula
[8:06 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Eh?"
[8:06 PM] Mango: "About the fun we had." he smiled.
[8:06 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama makes a pained smile.
[8:06 PM] Mika™: "Oh..we never talked about that kiss..hmm"
[8:06 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "!" she goes back into hiding(edited)
[8:07 PM] Kwakado: "..Forgive me, I just...yes, we never did, h-ha ha."
[8:07 PM] Kwakado: Sula adjusts his maroon, and decidedly un-Dwabi, suit jacket.
[8:07 PM] spikethe3rd: "Speaking of first kisses, Claire was my first..." Versailles pretends to not have heard Elwyn.
[8:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, was it? How lovely for you!"
[8:08 PM] [nootamod] benoot: If you look closely, steam could be seen coming from Claire's head
[8:08 PM] Mika™: "Nice! It wasn't bad my first kiss but it was like kissing my brother.."
[8:08 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama sighs. Well, this is delightfully awkward, isn't it?
[8:09 PM] Mika™: "Oh..wait that wasn't my first kiss! That was with El-...I mean hahahahah.."
[8:09 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles, realizing he switched to a only slightly better topic blushes.
[8:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, gods, when was my first kiss? It would have to be thousands of years ago..." He scratches the back of his head, thinking.
[8:10 PM] Kwakado: "....haaa...." Sula looks at Elwyn out of bewilderment at all this. He's a little concerned at the healer's apparent lack of concern.
[8:10 PM] spikethe3rd: "Well... I blame Claire for being too pretty..."
[8:10 PM] Mango: Elwyn hummed. "My first was with Kazama, after all."
[8:10 PM] Mika™: "Y-You don't.. remember that dinner party we had Elwyn..right.."
[8:10 PM] Mango: "Buttt...if we're counting indirect ones..."
[8:11 PM] Mika™: "I mean you were passed out at the time."
[8:11 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, you've had a lot of firsts with me, haven't you?"
[8:11 PM] Mango: "Quite."
[8:11 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire hits Versailles on the back
[8:13 PM] Mika™: Vivianna just smiles. "When I first came here, I was infatuated with Elwyn.."
[8:13 PM] Kwakado: "Are all Frey-zen dinners this...interesting?"
[8:13 PM] Mika™: "I had never seen a man so beautiful you know."
[8:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, yes. You were quite infatuated."
[8:14 PM] Mika™: "But as my mother said, if a man is beautiful then he will never love you Vivianna, she was right."
[8:14 PM] Kwakado: Sula blinks. "W-well! He is from Nohr, after all..."
[8:14 PM] Mango: "Well, unfortunately for you. I'm into men."
[8:14 PM] Mango: "It was simply bad luck."
[8:15 PM] Mika™: She laughs. "Of course, no beautiful is into me."
[8:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes! Sula is plenty beautiful."
[8:15 PM] Mika™: She giggles.
[8:15 PM] Mika™: "No."
[8:15 PM] Kwakado: "Ah, Kalen-ze, coming to my aid..." Sula extends a romantic hand towards him, laughing rhythmically.
[8:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "It's Kaza-mo, isn't it?" Kazama raises an eyebrow.
[8:16 PM] spikethe3rd: "I think they're done." Versailles whispers to Claire.
[8:16 PM] Mika™: "I remember when I saw Versailles. I also almost fell into infatuation again."
[8:17 PM] [nootamod] benoot: She peeks out
[8:17 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "You what?" she looks at Vivi
[8:17 PM] Mika™: "So handsome you know and that argument we had. It was the first time anyone had ever talked to me like that."
[8:17 PM] spikethe3rd: "I um..." Versailles blushes.
[8:18 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire's grip on Versailles tightens
[8:18 PM] Kwakado: At this point, there's little she could say that could truly surprise Sula. He simply raises his shoulders, grinning glibly.
[8:18 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama strokes his chin. "...hrm. I suppose Versailles does look fairly pretty... especially that hair."
[8:18 PM] Mango: Elwyn coughs.
[8:18 PM] spikethe3rd: "You flatter me..."
[8:18 PM] Mika™: She giggles. "But like with Elwyn I knew it wasn't going to happen."
[8:19 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course, I could never love him more than Elwyn."
[8:20 PM] Kwakado: "Every creature has its place in the land, you know. Now I understand what the ugly men are for, ha ha."
[8:20 PM] spikethe3rd: "I-I think we all agree we love our respective partners..."
[8:20 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire nods yes
[8:21 PM] Kwakado: "...and everyone else's respective partners, too!" Sula winks toward Versailles.(edited)
[8:21 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, definitely."
[8:22 PM] spikethe3rd: Versailles blushes and shudders simultaneously.
[8:22 PM] Kwakado: "....You know...I think we have three holy men here...."
[8:23 PM] Kwakado: Sula smirks theatrically, extending a palm to the monks. "How many marriages do you think we could do, in one morning?"(edited)
[8:23 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles.
[8:23 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "Ri-right now?!"
[8:24 PM] Mika™: Vivianna wonders..who does she love anyway..she said Sula but..was she settling..she feels tiny jealous of the couples in the room..how terrible she was.
[8:25 PM] Kwakado: Sula's fingers dance around the group, tracing invisible cords from person to person. "If we move fast, we could all be married to each other before the coronation!"
[8:26 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama laughs loudly. "That'd be something...!"
[8:26 PM] spikethe3rd: "Uh... I think its a bit early for marriage..."
[8:26 PM] Mika™: "I don't wish to marry so soon..maybe at all.." The last part is whispered.
[8:26 PM] [nootamod] benoot: "R-right!"
[8:26 PM] Mango: "I wouldn't be against it. But...I'd rather take my time."
[8:27 PM] Kwakado: "Ah, but each of us would have five others to love! Such beauty! Such Keiji-i! Ha ha ha ha!"(edited)
[8:27 PM] Mango: "You let a flower bloom before you pick it, right? Relationships aren't that different."
[8:28 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama laughs with Sula.
[8:29 PM] Mika™: "Sula would you be you still be my friend if I found love in another?" She looks at him
[8:30 PM] Kwakado: He grins back at her, eyes like slits. "Ha ha ha ha! Are we not friends right here?"
[8:31 PM] Mika™: She lets out a shaky laugh. "Y-Yes of course.."
[8:33 PM] Kwakado: "Then you have nothing to worry about, with all this love flowing from all of us." His cheery leer turns to Elwyn, quoting his words. "Nothing, can stop love from ever blooming."
[8:35 PM] Mika™: She sighs in relief..so if they ever broke up he would be fine. She grins. "You are right..love blooms..in such..weird places."
[8:39 PM] Mika™: She lets out a sigh. "Elwyn, later..I need to talk to you.."
[8:40 PM] Kwakado: Sula's gaze stays on him. "As do I."
[8:40 PM] [nootamod] benoot: Claire looks at the two, sula and vivianna. "Uh, so... How about we go around?"
[8:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, sure! We could all enjoy ourselves!"
[8:42 PM] Mango: "Why do you two want to talk to me?"
[8:44 PM] Mika™: "Um..ahh.." She looks at Sula. "Um..I just do!"
[8:44 PM] Kwakado: "Y-yes! I'll...explain later. Spirit..matters."
[8:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "What kind?"



No comments:

Post a Comment