Sunday, July 24, 2016

33.1: Overwork is Dangerous

Featuring: Tori, Drew, Claire, Leodin

[6:06 PM] Ram: Tori wandered into the training grounds. She chose today to be an off day for herself but she always enjoyed watching the newer recruits working on what they could. She spotted Claire next to a masked man
[6:06 PM] RewbinAce: Drew walks around the castle and notices the training ground as he walks towards it
[6:07 PM] Ram: "Hey Claire" Tori waved
[6:08 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "Yeah sure, we can train. Oh hi Tori!" she turned and waved back
[6:08 PM] REWlego: Leodin turns around at the voice and sees her.
[6:10 PM] Ram: "And who might this gentleman be...wait, you're the one I've been seeing patrolling the city from the rooftops lately."
[6:11 PM] REWlego: "Oh? So you've seen me up on the rooftops..." He reaches out a hand. "My name is Leodin."
[6:13 PM] RewbinAce: Drew notices the three of them and approaches "Huh...I didn't know the castle had a sparring area"(edited)
[6:13 PM] Ram: Tori reached out and shook Leodin's hand. "I'm Tori, a guard around here."
[6:14 PM] REWlego: "Oh, you're a guard! That explains why you would have seen me." He sees Drew and waves to him.
[6:15 PM] Ram: Tori turns to Drew "Oh hey Drew"
[6:15 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "Ah, Drew! Hello."
[6:16 PM] RewbinAce: "Hey! So what are you guys doing?"
[6:17 PM] REWlego: "Claire and I were just about to practice."
[6:19 PM] Ram: "I'm just here to watch. Rest is important"
[6:21 PM] RewbinAce: "I haven't sparred since I got here by boat! I wouldn't mind some sparring to"
[6:22 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "Hm, maybe after Leodin and I spar, you can spar him."
[6:24 PM] REWlego: "Sure, sounds good!"
[6:25 PM] Ram: Tori went over to where the training weapons were "Need these?" She held up a pair of swords
[6:26 PM] REWlego: "Yes, I suppose using my sword wouldn't end well for anyone." He undoes Morderrand's sheath and places it near the practice weapons.
[6:27 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Claire brandishes the practise sword she already had
[6:27 PM] Ram: Tori glanced at the sword "That looks rather valuable, are you sure you're okay with leaving it like that?"
[6:28 PM] REWlego: "Well, I trust you and Drew to keep an eye on it."
[6:33 PM] Ram: "Riiight, quite trusting of mister thief over here" Tori jabbed
[6:34 PM] RewbinAce: "Hey I wouldn't steal a sword! Can't use it right anyway"
[6:36 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "Leodin, you ready?"
[6:39 PM] REWlego: "Ready when you are, Claire!"
[6:39 PM] Ram: Tori turned her attention to the two and begin watching intently
[6:41 PM] RewbinAce: Drew watched excitedly, smiling as he waited for someone to move
[6:41 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Claire assumes her stance
[6:42 PM] REWlego: Leodin raises his weapon and lets Claire have the first hit.
[6:43 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: And immediately dashes in, coming in with a quick slash
[6:45 PM] REWlego: Although he was expecting the hit, he wasn't expecting the speed. Leodin gets hit by the blade across the chest, and slashes his sword upwards at Claire.(edited)
[6:47 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Her first strike proved successful and far too reckless as she couldn't avoid his counter attack.
[6:49 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Reeling from the hit, Claire dashed in again with a lunge
[6:52 PM] REWlego: Leodin sees this hit coming as he swiftly darts to the side, slashing Claire as she lunged past.
[7:02 PM] REWlego: After she gets to the end of her lunge, Leodin thrusts wis sword towards her.
[7:05 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Using the momentum from Leodin's counter attack, Claire was able to turn around in time and block his thrust, and strike back quickly.
[7:05 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: After, she went in for wide slash
[7:11 PM] REWlego: Leodin uses his blade to stop Claire's from hitting him and then sends a front kick towards her.
[7:13 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Unable to do anything about the following events, Claire gets sent onto her back
[7:14 PM] REWlego: Leodin walks up to her and reaches out a hand to help her up.
[7:15 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "Ow..." she said as she sat on the ground.
[7:15 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "Thank you." as she grabbed his hand
[7:16 PM] Ram: Tori clapped "Well fought both of you"
[7:16 PM] REWlego: Leodin looks to Tori and Drew. "Thank you!"
[7:18 PM] Ram: "It's reassuring to know the guard is getting extra help from someone as skilled as yourself Leodin"
[7:20 PM] REWlego: "Ah. Please, no need for flattery. I just do what I can to help."
[7:21 PM] RewbinAce: "You do fight really good though" He said as a compliment
[7:22 PM] REWlego: Leodin smiles. "Thank you, but I think Claire did pretty well herself."
[7:23 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "I don't think so, I was far to reckless that whole fight..."
[7:25 PM] Ram: "It did seem like a mismatch of styles. I would know from having fought you before"
[7:26 PM] REWlego: "I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to easily predict my fighting style... I am self tought."
[7:29 PM] REWlego: "But Drew!" He twirls his blade around. "Are you ready?"
[7:30 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: Claire puts her sword aside and watches with Tori
[7:30 PM] RewbinAce: "Wha? Im sparring with you?"
[7:30 PM] RewbinAce: "Alright then"
[7:30 PM] RewbinAce: "Uh....Do we have anything less sharp?"
[7:30 PM] REWlego: "Heh. Would you prefer a fistfight?" He says jokingly(edited)
[7:31 PM] Ram: Off to the side, Tori chuckled
[7:40 PM] RewbinAce: "Hm, maybe...we should do this another time? When im more...prepared...yeah"
[7:40 PM] REWlego: "Huh... fine."
[7:43 PM] RewbinAce: Drew awkwardly walks to the side with the rest of them
[7:44 PM] REWlego: "Alright... are there no other challengers?"
[7:47 PM] Ram: "Guess that's it. I'd face you but overwork is dangerous"
[7:48 PM] REWlego: "I'd like to have a duel with you at some point in the future, Tori."
[7:50 PM] Ram: "I'll hold you to it"
[7:50 PM] Ram: "But with the party so close, we might not get the chance until afterward"
[7:51 PM] REWlego: "Perhaps we will have to duel after the party, but we we'll just have to wait and see."(edited)
[7:54 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "So you're all going to be attending the party?"
[7:54 PM] REWlego: "Eh... more or less."
[7:55 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "What do you mean?"
[7:58 PM] REWlego: "Well, I wasn't technically invited, but... I've made arrangements, so it should be fine."
[8:00 PM] [SPICY] seamoney: "I see, well, I think I'm about done training for today. I'll be around town." she says as she made her way out
[8:00 PM] Ram: Tori waved "See you then"
[8:01 PM] RewbinAce: "Bye Claire!"
[8:01 PM] REWlego: "Goodbye Claire. Thank you for the duel."
[8:01 PM] RewbinAce: Drew waved as well and saved his game(edited)
[8:04 PM] REWlego: "So what do you two plan to do?" Leodin says as he grabs his his sword's sheath.
[8:05 PM] RewbinAce: "Hmm didn't really have anything to do, I only ended up here because I was bored!"
[8:07 PM] REWlego: "What about you Tori?"
[8:07 PM] Ram: "I'm thinking of going back home for the day. Last minute etiquette practice."
[8:08 PM] Ram: "I'm not used to proper behavior around royalty so I need to work on it as much as I can"
[8:09 PM] REWlego: "I come from a background where it was necessary to learn those types of things..."
[8:09 PM] Ram: "That seems...rather fortunate in this circumstance."
[8:10 PM] Ram: "Anyway I have other business to attend to so I must get going."
[8:10 PM] Ram: "Hope to see you at the party" Tori waves as she leaves the training area
[8:10 PM] REWlego: "I hope to see you as well." He bows his head as she leaves.
[8:12 PM] REWlego: "So, Drew. You sure you don't want to get some practice in?"
[8:15 PM] RewbinAce: "Im....nervous" he puts a hand on his forehead
[8:15 PM] REWlego: "We don't have to if you don't want to..."
[8:17 PM] RewbinAce: "Yeah, maybe another time though!" He returns with a smile suddenly(edited)
[8:19 PM] REWlego: "Of course. I suppose I should go and return to the rooftops then."
[8:21 PM] RewbinAce: "How often do you run into stuff on rooftops anyway?"
[8:22 PM] REWlego: "Actually, quite a few times."(edited)
[8:24 PM] RewbinAce: "Hah, maybe I should go up there more often"
[8:26 PM] REWlego: "I think it's fine... The town guard and I are working to keep everything under control."
[8:29 PM] RewbinAce: "Alright then, I'll find something else to do"
[8:30 PM] RewbinAce: Drew starts taking a few steps "See ya Leodin!"
[8:30 PM] REWlego: "Goodbye Drew." He waves goodbye.
[8:32 PM] REWlego: Leodin heads out of the castle and climbs up to a rooftop before continuing his patrol.
[8:32 PM] REWlego: ========RP END==========




No comments:

Post a Comment