Saturday, July 30, 2016

39.4: Lived Backwards

Featuring: Tori, Leodin, Vivianna

Staying away from the crowds, Tori encounters Leodin at the party, and questions him about his motivations for coming to Freyzenwald. Mentioning his encounter with Auriel, Leodin is careful not to share too many details about his time in Khlin, until Tori decides to share her own Khlinese upbringing. Abandoned by her parents, Tori was raised by bandits as a ship raider, until she was apprehended and adopted by a Freyzenese strategist. Leodin, in turn, tells his story, also revealing that he has come to Amaterasu to gain military support for the rebellion. Reflecting on how their transitions in and out of nobility are "lived backwards", Tori leaves with a friendly wink.
Later, Leodin finds Vivianna taking a break from her job as a festival performer. He reminds her of the dance she promised him, and they begin. Leodin's dancing is stiff at first, but he loosens up. Then Vivianna heads off to get back to work.

[9:17 PM] Ram: Tori wandered through the gates. She was wearing a dark blue dress that reached down to her ankles with golden embroidery pattern on the lower right part. Hmm...I knew it would be crowded here, but this is something else. Whatever, I'm only here out of obligation. I'll just stand near the gate to meet with anyone I need to and leave at the first clear sign of the party ending. Still I'd prefer to meet as few people as possible. Tori walked over to a nearby refreshments table, took a cup, then went to sit on a bench with a clear view of the gate.
[9:19 PM] REWlego: Leodin was standing guard on a rooftop, watching the party take place. He saw a familiar face, and decided to jump down and go talk to Tori. "Hello Tori!" He waves to her as he walks up to her.
[9:21 PM] Ram: So much for that plan Tori waved back "Hello Leodin, glad to see you could make it. I'm surprised the guards let you through even with that mask of yours."
[9:22 PM] REWlego: "Ah, most of the guards know about me."
[9:25 PM] Ram: Thinking back on it now, he has been helping them with their work for the past month or so. "I see. I don't feel that we had a proper chance to talk the last time we met and I've wanted to ask you why you wear that mask actually."(edited)
[9:27 PM] REWlego: "Of course. Well... Clearly, I don't share too much about my past, so I will just give you an abbreviated version."
[9:29 PM] REWlego: "I left my home when I was 14 to go help the people of my country. The mask is to stop people from recognizing me."
[9:36 PM] Ram: "So how did someone who would be busy end up here? Freyzenwald certainly isn't a country whose people need help. I can't imagine coming to an event like this would be the best way to go about accomplishing your goal." Tori took a sip of her drink "Before you answer that, why don't you sit down?"
[9:38 PM] REWlego: "Oh, of course. Thank you." He sits next to Tori. "Well... After hearing of the election, I came to Freyzenwald to make sure the candidates were safe. You can never be too careful."
[9:49 PM] Ram: "Funny you should say that, are you possibly in the know of any immediate threats to the candidates?
[9:52 PM] REWlego: "Well... There was a woman who implied that she wanted to kill the princesses, but I haven't heard or seen anything else about her. It might have just been an empty threat.... But I don't want to jump to conclusions."
[9:54 PM] Ram: "Have you told anyone of this? I would imagine having more eyes would make the job easier?"
[9:57 PM] REWlego: "The thing is, I don't know anything about her. I made sure to keep a close eye out though... In hindsight, that maybe wasn't the best idea."
[10:02 PM] Ram: "Perhaps not, but avoiding unnecessary panic has its own merits." Tori shook her drink a little then took another sip "So anyway, you mentioned you were helping the people of your country. Are you just referring to the type of work you've been doing here or...?"(edited)
[10:04 PM] REWlego: Leodin bites his lip, unsure of how much to tell her. "Well... I come from the nation south of here, Khlin. If you know much about the country, then I think you know what kind of work I was doing."
[10:08 PM] Ram: Tori subconciously frowned, but caught herself doing it and eased up instantly. "I only know of the situation there from what news I receive. I was born there however."
[10:09 PM] REWlego: "Oh, interesting... Not born in Intetsu, I presume?"
[10:13 PM] Ram: "Well I was orphaned at a young age and never knew my parents, but I lived just outside of Intetsu for most of my life." Though not in the way you would expect me to have given how I am how.
[10:16 PM] REWlego: "I'm sorry that you never met your parents... My parents weren't the best, so I might know how that feels."
[10:20 PM] Ram: "I don't worry too much about it really. If the story my adoptive parents told me is true, most of my life would likely have been the same whether they kept me or not."
[10:21 PM] REWlego: "What do you mean by that, if you don't mind explaining?"
[10:25 PM] Ram: "It's a part of my life I'd rather not get into, especially with someone who seems to be associated with Khlin's higher powers." Tori leans back and thinks for a minute. "I'll make a deal with you. Since you don't seem to comfortable talking about the reason for your mask either, I'll tell you my story and you tell me yours?"
[10:26 PM] REWlego: "Huh... Okay, deal."
[10:30 PM] Ram: "I'll start then" Tori finished her drink to clear her throat "The story my parents told me is that I was left at their doorstep as a baby. Instead of leaving me to die, they took me in and raised me." "If I ended it there, it sounds like a nice story doesn't it?"
[10:31 PM] REWlego: "Yes... Leaving a baby to die is not very responsible."
[10:34 PM] Ram: "Well the people that took me in were a local group of bandits. They only took me in so that they could use me to try and lower their victim's guards. When I grew old enough to move on my own, I was sent out to beg on the streets."
[10:37 PM] Ram: "As I grew older, they pushed me toward pickpocketing and eventually I joined my parents in attacking the ships that came to port."
[10:38 PM] Ram: Tori put her empty cup down and moved her hand toward a hip where she carried a hidden dagger, just in case Leodin made any moves that would imply he would be arresting her for past crimes.
[10:39 PM] REWlego: "W-what made you come to Amaterasu?"
[10:43 PM] Ram: "I slipped up during one of the attacks. We were riding a streak of particularly successful raids and it got to our heads. So when we attacked a massive merchant ship from Freyzenwald, most of us were killed or captured. I was lucky enough to avoid getting caught but couldn't get out of the ship."(edited)
[10:45 PM] REWlego: "You seem like quite the reformed criminal... What caused the change of heart?"
[10:50 PM] Ram: "Well I couldn't hide forever and was caught. The merchant who owned the ship, my now-adoptive father, gave me the choice to either be turned in to the Freyzenese authorities for my part in attacking a Freyzenese merchant or become his adopted daughter. It was an interestingly different choice for me back then. That was six years ago." Tori shed a tear, she always did when she recounted this story.
[10:52 PM] REWlego: "O-oh... I'm so sorry... I don't want to make you bring back bad memories." He moves a little closer to Tori, showing genuine concern on his face, even though most of it is covered.
[10:53 PM] Ram: "Anyway, that's my story. What's yours?"
[10:54 PM] REWlego: "Ah... Well, most Khlinese would become furious with me for this fact, but I was born and raised in Intetsu for the first 14 years of my life."
[10:55 PM] Ram: "Really now, then might it have been possible we've run into each other unknownly during our younger days?"
[10:56 PM] REWlego: "Maybe we did... That would be some coincidence though."(edited)
[10:59 PM] Ram: "Is that all you're willing to tell? We are in Freyzenwald afterall, surely I would've expected you to have more you'd be willing to share."
[11:01 PM] REWlego: "Oh, I apologize. I wasn't necessarily finished yet..." "At the age of 14, I left my home in Intetsu due to the rising troubles with the rebellion. I wanted to do something to help the people, so I helped the rebellion fight in battles when I could."
[11:02 PM] REWlego: "The status quo hadn't changed until I came here."
[11:06 PM] Ram: "And somewhere along the way, you decided the lives of the candidates were a higher priority than the rebellion?"
[11:07 PM] REWlego: "Well, the fighting is beginning to draw to a close... Also, the candidate's safety isn't the only reason why I came..."
[11:10 PM] REWlego: "A big part of my reasoning for coming to Amaterasu was talking to the candidates about Freyzenese troops being brought to Intetsu to support the rebellion."
[11:15 PM] Ram: "I wish you luck in getting the support you need."(edited)
[11:18 PM] REWlego: "Thank you Tori... Support from other Khlinese will always be appreciated."
[11:22 PM] Ram: "Well I can't promise I can give any aid. I am the only heir my father has, though some do not accept me as a noble" From a corner of her eye, Tori caught sight of a few lower ranked nobles sneering at her.
[11:23 PM] REWlego: "So... You are nobility as well?"
[11:25 PM] Ram: "Well my father was a great strategist whose achievements earned him that title. Never was good with weapons interestingly enough."
[11:25 PM] Ram: "He was already retired and owned a merchant company when I met him."
[11:27 PM] REWlego: "Hm... I am only nobility because of my name... Nothing else really ties me to that lifestyle anymore."
[11:32 PM] Ram: "Almost feels like our lives are just each other's when lived backwards." Tori stood up. "Anyway, I shouldn't tie up any more of your time. You should get to talking to the candidates. I have my own share of people to meet."
[11:34 PM] REWlego: Leodin stands up as well. "Of course. It's been a pleasure to get to learn more about you, Tori. I hope to see you again soon."
[11:35 PM] Ram: "I'll be seeing you. Who knows, you might end up being one of these people I have to make dealing with in the future." Tori gave a wink as she walked away.
[11:36 PM] REWlego: Leodin walks away to head up to a rooftop where he can resume his watch.
[11:37 PM] REWlego: ==========RP END==========


1:11 AM] Mika Fey: Vivianna nibbles on a roll as she relaxes. She yawns.
[1:14 AM] REWlego: Leodin was on a rooftop, looking for Vivianna, wanting to have the dance she promised him. He sees her on a bench and jumps down before walking over to her and sitting down next to her. "Enjoying the party?"
[1:16 AM] Mika Fey: "Good mostly I just needed to relax my,voice some. Gets tried after singing to hard."
[1:17 AM] REWlego: "Well... Dancing doesn't require you to sing."
[1:18 AM] Mika Fey: "Nope but I have to do both."
[1:18 AM] REWlego: "Heh... That's not what I'm trying to say."
[1:19 AM] Mika Fey: "Oh what is it?:
[1:19 AM] REWlego: "Well... You owe me a dance, remember?"
[7:54 AM] Mika Fey: "Oh yeah, you seem pretty eager for it too." She laughs.
[7:55 AM] REWlego: "Oh um, Is that what it sounds like? I'm sorry..."
[7:58 AM] Mika Fey: She gets up. "Alright, a friendly waltz then."
[7:58 AM] REWlego: Leodin stands as well. "That sounds wonderful."
[7:59 AM] Mika Fey: "You lead ok." She takes his hands in hers.
[8:03 AM] REWlego: "O-okay... I haven't done this for quite a few years..." He puts his other hand on her back and takes a deep breath.
[8:06 AM] Mika Fey: She gives him an encouraging smile. "I think you'll do fine."
[8:07 AM] REWlego: Her smile gives him a bit of confidence as he smiles back. "Thank you... Are you ready?"
[8:10 AM] Mika Fey: "Of course Leo!"
[8:11 AM] REWlego: "Okay." He starts taking Vivianna through the movements, paying close attention to do everything correctly, nervously glancing down at his feet every once in a while.
[8:13 AM] Mika Fey: "Leo you're doing fine, dancing shouldn't be so stiff like this."
[8:15 AM] REWlego: "O-okay..." He loosens his posture and maintains eye contact with Vivianna as he dips her towards the ground.
[8:16 AM] Mika Fey: "Much better." She twirls.
[8:16 AM] REWlego: He chuckles. "I'm glad."
[8:17 AM] Mika Fey: She laughs, as he picks her up in a spin.
[8:19 AM] REWlego: Leodin smiles, happy that she's enjoying this. "I thought I would be pretty rusty after not dancing for so long..."
[8:24 AM] Mika Fey: "Really? I suppose but once you learn to dance, it never truly goes away."
[8:25 AM] REWlego: "I do have to say that you're doing excellent. I couldn't have asked for this to go any better."
[8:29 AM] Mika Fey: "Well I'm glad." She hugs him as the dance ends.
[8:29 AM] REWlego: He hugs her back. "Thank you for the dance Vivi."
[8:31 AM] Mika Fey: "You're welcome Leo. I'm glad we got to."
[8:31 AM] REWlego: "So am I. I hope that we can dance again sometime."
[8:32 AM] Mika Fey: "Mmhmm!"
[8:33 AM] REWlego: "So, what next?"
[8:35 AM] Mika Fey: "Hmm well I should be getting back, they might noticed I've been gone for awhile."
[8:36 AM] REWlego: "They?"
[8:37 AM] Mika Fey: "The people who hired me as an entertainer at this party."
[8:38 AM] REWlego: "Oh, right! You're working here. You don't mind if I come and watch, right?"
[8:39 AM] Mika Fey: "Huh no it's fine!"
[8:40 AM] REWlego: "Great! I'll follow you!"
[8:41 AM] Mika Fey: She nods and walks back
[8:42 AM] REWlego: He follows her to where she's dancing and watches her as she begins.
[8:50 AM] Mika Fey: ==END RP==

No comments:

Post a Comment