Saturday, July 23, 2016

32: Represent the Family

Featuring: Lorcan, Leodin

[6:22 AM] Storm: Three horses, one pulling a small cart, entered into the central of Amaterasu. Sitting upon the frontmost horse, a silver stallion, sat a black haired young man dressed in dark Gallian formal attire, with a long flowing crimson cloak trailing behind him. With a quick swing of his leg, in one swift motion he lept off his horse, bringing the group to a halt. “Charles” the young man sternly ordered, “Now that we’ve arrived, send word to Gallaran we’ve arrived safely. Meet back here by late evening.” “Yessir Master Lorcan” a short rotund balding man answered before pulling the reins of his horse. “Mathias” Lorcan turned to face his other companion, an elderly gentleman, “Please find secure lodgings for our time here” “Yes Master Lorcan. Though I would insist that I accompany you to the palace to deliver the gifts” “No need Mathias, I am fully capable of delivering the gift myself” “Very well”, the elderly gentleman nodded and turned to leave, “And Lorcan, do try and enjoy yourself” “I am here as the representative for House Abendroth. Not for pleasure” “Very well Lorcan. I shall see you here later this evening.” Mathias spun his horse around and trotted past Lorcan down the main street, pulling the small cart after him. Lorcan let out a small sigh and looked around at the unfamiliar city. He hoped his time here over the next week or so would go by without a problem so that he could return to Alter as soon as possible. Or perhaps even he may make a short stop at their family’s estate in the western countryside. Whatever he did, he just wanted out of Amaterasu. Politics and social gatherings were not his thing. But his brother ordered him to represent the family, and what was Lorcan to do. He double checked that the basket the gift was within was still firmly attached to his horse, and that the decorative sheath was also attached. He grabbed the reins of his horse, Shado, and began to slowly lead her through the plaza in the direction of the palace.
[6:28 AM] REWlego: Leodin is sitting upon a rooftop as he watches all of the events unfold. He's intrigued by the man who seems to be foreign royalty or nobility of some kind. Leodin jumped down from the building and walked over to the man on his horse. "Excuse me sir, you seem new here. Is there anything you need help with?"
[6:35 AM] Storm: Lorcan paused as a strange figure approached him. He eyed the man in the mask up and down. His attire seemed strangely similar to his own when he donned his own armor, the black armor and the red cape. Why did he approach me? What are his motives? “I’m on my way to the palace” he said placing his one hand on his scabbard ad a precaution. ”I don’t think I need help with walking”(edited)
[6:37 AM] REWlego: "Please sir, you won't need your sword." Leodin opens his palms to show he doesn't have any hidden weapons. "I can accompany you if you don't mind."
[6:40 AM] Storm: “Very well” Lorcan lifted his hand off his sword, yet he still did not trust this man. “If you wish to follow I will need more than just your open palms to convince me you are not some lowlife thug leading me to an ambush. Who are you and why did you approach me?”
[6:42 AM] REWlego: "Ah, my name is Leodin. I come from the nation south of here known as Khlin. I saw you arrive and was curious about who you were."
[6:47 AM] Storm: “And being from Khlin is supposed to convince me? Last I heard that nation was a bitter place to live. A government that has lost its trust in its citizens, and vigilantes and rebellions in each city. It’s no wonder people of your country fled to Freyzenwald.” Lorcan picked up the pace slightly, walking past the statue in the center of the square. “Very well Leodin. Against my better judgement, if you wish to follow me to the palace then I will not protest. I take it you know the way?”
[6:48 AM] REWlego: "Yes, I've been there a few times." Leodin begins to take the lead. "If I may ask, what is your name?"
[6:51 AM] Storm: “A few times? You must be more than you appear to be allowed into the palace as an outsider. Or Amaterasu is just asking for an assassination in allowing anyone enter their palace. I suppose there is no harm in telling you my name. I am Lorcan of House Abendroth. It is a pleasure to meet you Leodin.”
[6:55 AM] REWlego: "A pleasure to meet you as well, Sir Lorcan. If you're wondering why I'm allowed into the castle, it's because I have met the royalty, and they know that I have no ill intentions. I hope to make that clear to you as well."
[7:00 AM] Storm: “It does Leodin, it reassures me very much. Tell me this, if you have met the royalty of Freyzenwald, would you have any insight on the two princesses ? What are they like, and how would you assess them as potential rulers?”
[7:04 AM] REWlego: "Well, the younger sister, Princess Ellis seems like she would be too young to rule a nation, but from what I've seen, she appears capable." Leodin pauses for a few seconds. "Princess Lunarea on the other hand, I'm not sure about her. Her personality is far different than her sister's, but I still think she could make a fine queen."
[7:11 AM] Storm: “Interesting. I hear Princess Ellis is only eighteen years old. That is rather young to rule an entire nation, she would rely too much on her council for input.” Perfect for King Ethan and his court to manipulate negotiations “Lunarea, that is the missing daughter I presume? Different how?”
[7:15 AM] REWlego: "She... I'm not sure how to describe it... She doesn't act with the regality as her sister. I feel that she became more of a warrior while she was missing. Of course I don't know what she was like before she left, but... her mannerisms are not what you'd expect from a princess."(edited)
[7:19 AM] Storm: “Hmm sounds like a classic story you read in tales if you ask me. Which would you say has the better chance of winning this election? I am to deliver a gift on behalf of my house to the family. It was not specified to which of the sisters the gift was intended for.”
[7:22 AM] REWlego: "Hm.. that's a tough call... I feel like both princesses have a good chance."
[7:25 AM] Storm: “Well thank you for your input Leodin. I take it you are more than just a commoner if you have managed to gain insight on the two princesses. So what exactly are you? You seemingly appeared from thin air to approach a newcomer to the city of of curiosity, are you perhaps a part of the security detail formed for the upcoming party?”
[7:29 AM] REWlego: "Well... I help with security, but I'm not any sort of guard. I watch the plaza on my own volition." Leodin thinks about how much detail he should give Lorcan. "I used to belong to a noble family in Khlin."
[7:35 AM] Storm: Though he did not show it on his face, Lorcan seemed slightly surprised. A former noble of Khlin? What happened? “Used to belong to a noble family? Well apologize Sir Leodin, I did not know earlier. I assume that logo on your cape is your family crest then.” Lorcan continued his walk, following Leodin through the city. It was a strange welcome to Amaterasu for sure. “Leodin, if you are of noble lineage, why watch the plaza like street hero? Have you no trust in the city guard?”
[7:38 AM] REWlego: "Back in Khlin, the nobility doesn't do much. I wanted to put myself to good use, so I trained myself with my uncle's blade." He pats the side of his sheath "I have met the head of security, so yes. I do trust them. I just want to be here as a failsafe."
[7:45 AM] Storm: “So I’ve heard. Khlin seems to have a rather peculiar government. But that is quite something to have trained oneself in the art of the blade. It would be quite something to be able to spar with a Khlinese swordsman one day. Though I prefer the lance, which would give me an unfair advantage, and I’m afraid my skill at the sword is merely adequate. Regardless, how far from the palace do you believe we are?”
[7:50 AM] REWlego: "Ah, not too far. It's right over there, actually." Leodin points across a narrow river. "It would be interesting to duel against a lance-weilder. Perhaps we should plan a time and place?"
[7:56 AM] Storm: Lorcan turned his gaze in the direction Leodin pointed, the palace a beautiful sight to see, unlike Lorcan had ever seen before. “You would accept a duel against a lance? You must be confident in your skills Leodin. I would gladly plan a time and place, however I know of no places in this city. My aide is securing lodgings as we speak, so I would not even be able to direct you to where I will be staying.”
[7:59 AM] REWlego: "Right, of course... The castle has a training area that we could use. That's the best place that I know of."
[8:05 AM] Storm: “Of course. How foolish of me, a palace would most certainly have a training field. I am sure we could convince the princesses to allow us the use their field.” Of course one of the first things you do is set up a duel with nobility of another country “What would be a most suitable time for yourself to schedule this duel? Aside from the formal greeting and deliverance of this gift, I have no obligations I need to tend to until the party is held”
[8:15 AM] REWlego: "Well, I don't think it would require much convincing. We should be allowed to use the training area." "As for a time, I don't have many obligations either... If you are free, then perhaps we could duel today after you drop off the gift."
[8:37 AM] Storm: “Very well, I can drop this gift off right away and we can duel immediately.” As they walked to the front of the palace, a guard blocked Lorcan’s way. “Who are you?” he questioned the duo “Lorcan of House Abendroth. I come to Amaterasu for the upcoming election. I wish to deliver a gift from my family to the royal family as gratitude for the invitation” Lorcan reached into a pouch on Shado’s saddle, grabbing his signet ring and scroll of pedigree as further proof for the guard. “Very well, you may enter” the guard begrudgingly said, giving Lorcan and Leodin access to the palace grounds. “One more thing guard. My horse, please ensure that she is taken care of. Unless you’d rather have a horse enter your buildings. I will fetch her once my business here is concluded.” Lorcan reached into the saddlebag and grabbed out a small covered basket, and detached the decorative scabbard. Once in the palace, Lorcan turned to Leodin, “Well Leodin, we could duel before I deliver this gift if you wish. I’d imagine that would be fine, and I’m sure the princesses are either busy at this moment, or would not mind waiting.”
[8:41 AM] REWlego: "It doesn't matter to me. Perhaps we should leave the gift with someone and bring it to them later."(edited)
[8:46 AM] Storm: “Excellent idea” Lorcan grabbed the attention of a servant as they wandered through the palace. “You there. Please take these” he handed the woman the basket and the scabbard, “Please deliver these to the princesses and tell them that Lorcan Abendroth would like to meet them, and present them with these gifts as gratitude for the invitation. I shall be at the training field with Sir Leodin if you need to find me” Lorcan made sure to watch the servant continue on her way before turning to Leodin, “I presume you know where we are headed?”(edited)
[8:50 AM] REWlego: "Yes, right this way." Leodin leads Lorcan to the training area. "I think it's wise if we use training weapons."
[8:55 AM] Storm: Lorcan looked around at the training field. It was not much different than his own training field at his manor. Except this was inside rather than outdoors. He walked across the rack full of practice weapons and tested the balance of several lances, ignoring the naginatas “Agreed, training weapons are best. After all, I am in formal attire rather than my armor” He finally settled on a lance and spun it with both hands. “Ready when you are Sir Leodin” Lorcan announced, his voice becoming more monotone, and his face turning rather serious.
[8:58 AM] REWlego: Leodin walks over and grabs a sword, also removing his sheath and resting it on the ground. "I'll let you make the first move, sir Lorcan." He prepares himself and gets into a fighting stance.
[9:02 AM] Storm: “Very well” Lorcan narrowed his eyes and analyzed Leodin’s fighting stance. It was unlike any he had seen before. I’ll test the waters first, see how he reacts and adjust appropriately. This lance is a bit light than I’m accustomed to, and my armor isn’t adding that extra weight. Keep that in mind Lorcan circled around Leodin, keeping the lance pointed at him at all times. After feigning a few thrusts, Lorcan finally committed and charged Leodin.
[9:04 AM] REWlego: Leodin stays active as Lorcan circles him, prepared for the inevitable attack. Once Lorcan charged him, Leodin brings the blade up, pushing the lance to the side before kicking him away.
[9:07 AM] REWlego: Leodin slashes the blade horizontally at Lorcan, trying to maintain focus on his movements.
[9:09 AM] Storm: Kicked away, Lorcan leaned back, bringing the lance up at the last moment to block the horizontal swipe from Leodin, and retailating back by swinging the back end of the lance at Leodin’s should with a small spin. Mathias was right, Amaterasu might just be some fun afterall. Nothing like a good duel.(edited)
[9:15 AM] Storm: Loran finished the spin by bringing the front end of the lance across aimed at Leodin’s chest, giving him a little more distance from the swordsman
[9:19 AM] REWlego: Leodin slides back a few feet, getting right back into an attack position. "You're not very talkative while fighting, are you?" Leodin slashes the sword towards Lorcan's chest just as he finishes the question, hoping to throw him off.
[9:22 AM] Storm: “Talking during fighting only distracts you” Lorcan said monotonely, fixated on the duel. He tried to bring up his lance in time to block Leodin’s slash but a slight tinge of pain instead came as his sword had apparently made contact with Lorcan’s chest. “See? Distracting” I got too close. I need to further the distance between us. That’s the whole point of the lance.
[9:23 AM] Storm: Making sure to keep the sword out of slashing distance, Lorcan feigned a thrust, took a sidestep and swung at Leodin’s legs.
[9:25 AM] REWlego: Leodin jumps over the lance before charging and thrusting the sword towards Lorcan.
[9:27 AM] Storm: Having jumped over the swing, Lorcan took advantage of Leodin’s slightly more vulnerable position. He thrust at the swordsman, pushing the sword thrust to the side, hoping to push Leodin back further.
[9:31 AM] Storm: Lorcan, seeing his chance, his eyes lightened up and he took a half step forward, bringing the lance back before swiping at Leodin’s knees, in an attempt to trip him to the ground. When the lance made contact with Leodin, Lorcan muttered, “Point me”
[9:34 AM] REWlego: Leodin fell to the ground, but as soon as he made contact with the floor, he rolled back behind Lorcan and slashed upwards at the man.
[9:36 AM] Storm: Lorcan caught just too late, as he saw Leodin roll in behind him. Lorcan spun to deflect the attack but was too late, as the sword made contact with Lorcan’s fancy clothing. Gotta step up my game.
[9:41 AM] Storm: Lorcan took a second pause to re-analyze the situation. He was losing. Leodin was not what he expected. He managed to close in enough despite his abilities to keep him at bay with the lance. After a few feigned thrusts, Lorcan pretend to swipe at the legs again, but last second raised it, aiming at the chest.
[9:44 AM] REWlego: Leodin saw the swipe at his legs and got tricked by it, swinging his sword down to deflect. When he saw the lance rising up to his chest, he quickly spun around the point, swinging the blade behind him towards Lorcan.
[9:48 AM] Storm: Caught off guard by the daring backswing, Lorcan grimaced as he feigned a swipe in order to get some distance from the swordsman. This young man was quite the skilled sword fighter, and to think he claimed he taught himself.
[9:51 AM] REWlego: Leodin started to get overconfident and lunged to the side of Lorcan, slashing at his chest as he dashed by.
[9:53 AM] Storm: Lorcan took a deep breath and prepared to parry the upcoming blow. Instead Leodin charged at him. He’s confident he’s gonna win Lorcan took advantage of this, took a step to the side and thrusted the lance at Leodin’s open back as he dashed by.
[9:54 AM] REWlego: "Argh! I guess I got a bit too confident in my abilities." Leodin gets ready for another attack.
[9:56 AM] Storm: Lorcan took the oppurtunity of Leodin turning around to prepare himself to make a series of feigned thrusts before finally making a spin to once again trip the swordsman.,
[9:58 AM] REWlego: Leodin landed on the ground, but instead of rolling, this time he put his weight onto his feet as he lunged upwards at Lorcan, thrusting his sword towards him.
[10:00 AM] Storm: Lorcan deflected the lunge from the ground and countered back with the back end of his lance. The fight was nearing it’s end, but as to who would be the victor seemed uncertain.
[10:01 AM] Storm: Taking the momentum of the back end swing, Lorcan followed through with the spin and attack Leodin’s right side with the front of the lance.
[10:04 AM] REWlego: Leodin blocks the attack with his blade and uses the sword to bring the lance upwards before giving Lorcan one last kick to the chest, knocking him down to the ground.(edited)
[10:06 AM] REWlego: He points his sword at Lorcan while he's on the ground.
[10:08 AM] Storm: Lorcan raised his arms in surrender. “That was a good match, I concede. You are quite the swordsman Sir Leodin.” Taking the kick to the chest a little harder than anticipated due to the lack of armor, Lorcan picked himself off the ground with his lance as a small crutch. “I’d love to have a rematch where I can be in my own armor and use a proper lance. Not some Freyzenese one.”
[10:10 AM] REWlego: "I'd prefer to use my blade, but I suppose I did quite well with this one." Leodin looks at the blade before reaching a hand out to Lorcan. "Thank you for the duel, Sir Lorcan."
[10:14 AM] Storm: “You did quite well indeed. But that settles it then, we must do this again, with each our own weapons.” Lorcan took the hand of Leodin and gave it firm shake. “The pleasure is all mine Leodin. I am glad to have met you, I would never have imagined my first day in this city I would have had such an intense duel”
[10:15 AM] REWlego: "Ah, I'm excited for you to see my weapon... I could show it to you now if you wish."
[10:20 AM] Storm: “Sure, I presume this is the blade of your uncle you trained with?” Lorcan placed the lance back up on the rack he had taken it from before walking back over to Leodin.
[10:23 AM] REWlego: Leodin puts his practice sword away before picking up the sheath. "Yes. My family has had it for many generations." He unsheathes the jet-black blade and shows it to Lorcan. "It is called Morderrand."
[10:26 AM] Storm: “Morderrand” Lorcan muttered, “Does it mean anything?” Lorcan eyed the blade Leodin held in his hands before him. The black blade was unlike most he had seen, considering Gallaran imported many weapons for their army. He had seen many of family blades back home, but none quite like this. “That is some blade you have there. Any thing special about it, other than the black blade?”
[10:28 AM] REWlego: "Ah, it's history goes back many many years, but when my ancestor created the blade, he used this gem to infuse it with magic abilities." Leodin turns the blade so that the gem on the crossguard is visible. "As for it's meaning, I am not sure."(edited)
[10:31 AM] Storm: “Magic abilities? That is something, he must of been quite the blacksmith. Care to demonstrate said abilities, or is it a family secret?” Lorcan stared intensely at the gem encrusted in the blade. His family must of been quite wealthy to forge such a blade. I wonder what they’re role in the ongoing conflict is in Khlin
[10:31 AM] REWlego: "Well... I wish I could, but I don't know how to activate them."
[10:34 AM] Storm: “Shame. It’s not often you come across a magical weapon. If the blade has been passed down through the generations, is there not someone in your family that would be able help you activate the powers within?”
[10:35 AM] REWlego: "Not really... Even if there was, I wouldn't want to go back to Intetsu and ask them."
[10:40 AM] Storm: Right, he mentioned he used to belong to a noble family, not that he belonged to one. “That’s unfortunate. Guess you will have to find out the hard way of activating its powers.” Lorcan made his way to the door of the training field, “Let’s see if we can find someone that will tell us if the princesses are available?”
[10:45 AM] REWlego: "Alright. Let's head out then."
[10:46 AM] REWlego: Leodin leads Lorcan out of the training area.
[10:47 AM] Storm: “Sounds good” Lorcan followed Leodin out of the training area, dusting off his formal attire. He probably should have thought about that, dueling before a formal meeting. “Let’s hope that maid didn’t steal those gifts”
[10:48 AM] REWlego: ===END RP===



No comments:

Post a Comment