Thursday, July 21, 2016

30: Discerning Clientele

Featuring: Kalenzo, Auriel

[5:28 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "My son... My Son... MY SON!" Kalenzo's dreams echoed, causing him to wake up in the middle of the night, cold sweat beading his forehead. As he sat there, contemplating what he should do, he couldn't help but stare at his shuddering hands. "Gods, not again..." The artist tried something different this night, maybe he just needed some fresh air to help clear his mind, surely that will work, he thought as he prepared his usual things. As per usual, he'd hesitated before grabbing that damned knife, only to hastily clip it to the back of his belt... Only moments later would he let himself out of the inn and into the cool night air. In through the nose... and out through the mouth... Breathe, Kalenzo. The bowman thought, placing his hands into his pockets as he meandered through the crowdless streets.
[5:44 AM] Nepgear: "Damn, that giant woman sure took some time from my midnight trips. Also some other maid misplaced my mask, so i had to find a replacement. I look like im attending a party with this one.... i suppose it does not matter. A little insanity is good." **Getting out of the castle through a window in the servants quarters. Auriel was outside travelling on her night trip. Picking off stragglers was a fun activity in theory, but it was usually more trouble than fun. Late night hunts for valuables usually payed off far better. Seeing only one person in the otherwise empty streets, Auriel decided on him, slowly closing the distance from the shadows.
[5:58 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "What a lovely night..." Kalenzo commented, smiling as he took another breath of the ever-so-refreshing midnight air. Hmm? What was that? The artist thought, turning around if only for a moment before resuming his waltz down the moonlit streets. I could've sworn I saw something... Come on, you gotta stay on your toes... He took one hand out of his pockets, resting it on his hip in case he needed to draw his knife at the moment's notice. Kalenzo could've sworn he was alone... but the skin crawling on the back of his neck told him otherwise.
[6:04 AM] Nepgear: "Maaaan.... did i kick a pebble or something? I can trust you not to shout too much right?" The man was alert now, so why even care for staying stealthy? Might as well have fun. Auriel tossed a small pebble, making sure it hit the ground next to the man to possibly scare him.
[6:12 AM] ColdToiletSeat: The man halted his movement, finally hearing his pursuer's voice. His gaze drifted to the pebble that had landed to his side, he turned around to properly greet and answer the woman's question. "Well, that depends entirely on what you are going to do..." He answered, suddenly putting on a close-eyed smile "Regardless I'd be happy to oblige you."
[6:20 AM] Nepgear: "Maan, they usually turn tail and run after that question. Then it becomes a question of hitting a knife throw..... anyway." Letting out a deep sigh, Auriel took out her daggers, and said "So, do you just give me your things and run? Or do you want to do something else. I am pretty civil for a thief, i know."
[6:30 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, for a 'thief' you're quite polite, I'll give you that." Kalenzo grinned as he heard the familiar sound of metal coming from the shadows. He took the moment to take his other hand out of his pocket and rest it on his other hip. "If you want my coin, you'll have to earn it... and would you please come out of the shade? You are certainly missing out on this wonderful moonlight."(edited)
[6:37 AM] Nepgear: "Heheh... are we not quite the charmer here? Look, there are a lot of ways to charm people, but i prefer killing to compliments." Auriel still walked partly out of the shade, enough to shine light on half of the mask. "And why are you even out here? I thought people like you would prefer sleeping or staying at an inn? Streets are rowdy you know."
[6:42 AM] ColdToiletSeat: A mask... Kalenzo thought, bringing his left hand up to stroke his stubble. ...She certainly knows how to rob someone like little old me, then. "Why am I out here, you ask? Like I said, it's a lovely night..." He responded, shrugging as he narrowing his eyes, trying to examine the woman's attire. "And I certainly know how to hold my own out on streets like this."(edited)
[6:54 AM] Nepgear: "You do? Well, prove it." Just as she finished saying it she tossed one of her daggers at the man, intending to hit him non lethally in his shoulder.
[7:10 AM] ColdToiletSeat: The man's eyes widen as the masked robber threw the knife, before he could get out of the way, he caught the blade with his shoulder. "Tchah... Gods above, that was fairly rude." Kalenzo remarked through clenched teeth, wincing in pain as he pulled the throwing knife out of his shoulder. The clattering of metal against the ground could be heard before the man drew his indigo blade with the same hand. "If it's a dance you want, it's a dance you'll get."(edited)
[7:15 AM] Nepgear: "Just checking the validity of your claim, and if such a trick got you, i doubt you are ready. Anyway... let the show go on" Pulling down her mask slightly to reveal an eye and wink, before putting it back on, Auriel readied herself, anticipating a lunge.(edited)
[7:24 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hmph, I simply misjudged you is all..." He retorted, giving a prompt snort of disgust. His left arm was bleeding but perfection wouldn't falter that easily. Kalenzo took a moment to steel himself, strafing to the right before dashing towards the aggressor in an almost dance-like fashion.
[7:36 AM] Nepgear: "Dont make me laugh." Expecting the lunge, she dodged to the side and pushed the man to the side, landing him on the ground. "That was quick. You dont fight with that thing right? I almost feel bad winning that." keeping him at knifepoint while waiting for an answer.(edited)
[7:47 AM] ColdToiletSeat: Oh shit... Kalenzo thought, the dreadful sense of being ousted hitting him harder than the ground ever could. Gods, I could've sworn... Damn it all! He cursed, turning his body around only to be met with the point of a knife. The artist let out a defeated sigh before answering the woman's question through clenched teeth. "...Yes, you'd be right, I don't fight with this knife. It's more of a... ceremonial tool, if anything."(edited)
[8:03 AM] Nepgear: "What, are you a cultist or something now? Ritualistic knives are bound to be worth something. I think i will take it." Auriel stepped on the man's undamaged hand, making sure he couldn't counterattack. "Answer me, what do you use this for?"
[8:11 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "AAAAhahahaah... GODs!" Kalenzo exclaimed, his expression straining as he felt his hand being crushed under the weight of the assailant's foot. "I am an artist, I use it to make art. Don't you dare take it, you thieving scum."(edited)
[8:18 AM] Nepgear: "Art? What the hell do you do, scrape inscrpitions on walls? You are in no position to do anything about it." Auriel considered her options. "Neither are you in any position to call me anything."
[8:27 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Scrape inscriptions on walls, You say? Don't make me laugh. My Art is more than just petty drawings or primitive scribblings- gah Would you ease up?! ...I make, my works, out of people." He finally answered, a sinister grin plastering his expression as he narrowed his sights on the masked woman, trying to make eye contact.(edited)
[8:38 AM] Nepgear: "People? Now you have my interest. Speak. And im not letting up. I dont trust you."
[8:53 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Heheheh..." The man chuckled, even while the bottom of the thief's heels began to bore into the center of his palm. "Oh, so the spilt blood of people amuses you? Color me surprised..." He joked, only to receive another stomp to his hand. "gODS, that doesn't stop hurting! Yes! Most artists use brush and canvas. I use knife and flesh, is that answer better?"
[9:01 AM] Nepgear: "Indeed. But what audience does this serve?" She let up slightly, but still was ready to put pressure back if needed.
[9:08 AM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo let out a relieved sigh as the woman eased the pressure of her heel on his palm. "I only serve a discerning clientele, mainly consisting of myself and those who seem quite fond of my work... With that said, I haven't particularly met anyone who has enjoyed my pieces."(edited)
[9:10 AM] Nepgear: "Would you mind giving me....... a demonstration? I believe i am among this "discerning clientele"
[9:14 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Really now?" The virtuoso asked, tilting his head with genuine interest. "I would give a proper demonstration but there are two problems with that. One, being that you're still stomping my hand, and Two, being that I have nobody around to help me properly demonstrate my craft."(edited)
[9:18 AM] Nepgear: "Oh dont worry. I know just who you could demonstrate on. Come along. Also, dont get any funny ideas. Otherwise, off with your head."(edited)
[9:31 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hmph, alright then." He commented, finally able to get himself off of the ground. The man dusted himself off before finally grasping at his shoulder's wound. "...ahem Af-ter you, milady." Kalenzo spoke using a mocking tone, bowing for effect before wincing in pain. Grasping at his shoulder once more, he corrected himself before asking, "Say... you wouldn't happen to know where I could get these healed, do you?"(edited)
[9:31 AM] ColdToiletSeat: =====End RP=====



No comments:

Post a Comment