Wednesday, July 20, 2016

29.1: Dumb Retainer Requirement

Featuring: Luna, Auriel,

[2:52 AM] Uni: During the middle of the day, Luna climbed out the second floor window, landing on the east bridge below. Ah, thank goodness, I don't think anyone saw me. To hell with that paperwork, I need a break. She brushes and straightens off her clothes, before walking away from the castle, alone.
[2:59 AM] Nepgear: Realizing that Luna had left the castle, Auriel started thinking of where she could have gone. She probably left to have fun without me. Not having that. Heading out the second floor window, she followed her tracks.
[3:02 AM] Uni: Mmm...I could get a snack...or go for a swim... Luna leaves the castle grounds, walking towards the cities central plaza. Or find that husband of mine. Shouldn't he have a share of work too?!
[3:08 AM] Nepgear: Approaching the princess faster now, she was on her way to the plaza. Maybe this isnt the best way to meet. It works i suppose.
[3:10 AM] Uni: Luna continues to walk normally, her pace slowed slightly. ...I'm pretty sure that maid followed me out of the castle. Ugh, damn, someone trying to call me back already? I didn't know my sneaking skills have deteriorated so fast ...Wait, isn't she that one really weird maid? ...Lets just keep walking and see what she does.
[3:24 AM] Nepgear: Aww, where is she going? Crowds are no fun... If i lose track i might have to take to the rooftops Continuing stalking her from a decently safe distance, Auriel picked up the pace.
[3:26 AM] Uni: Interesting. She does seem to be following me... Various warnings began to go off in Luna's head. Multiple demands for her to find a retainer. Worried workers afraid of her tendency to walk off on her own. Meh, I can take care of myself. Luna turns off the road, walking through a quieter path until she eventually reaches a grassy riverbank. The area seems mostly deserted.
[3:28 AM] Nepgear: In case she noticed me, i might have to defend myself.... Reading a dagger in her sleeve, Auriel approached Luna, cautious if the princess made a sharp turn.
[3:31 AM] Uni: Shit, she unsheathed-! Ugh, dammit, what was I thinking, walking away from the crowd. Standing beside the river, Luna whirled around. Her hands resting on her sides, ready to unsheathe the pair of daggers on her back. "You better have a good explaination for this, maid."
[3:33 AM] Nepgear: Aww... she noticed me... "And i thought you were going somewhere fun...." Putting the dagger away to signal meaning no harm, she still kept her distance.
[3:35 AM] Uni: "Perhaps I am. What is it to you?" Luna put a hand on her hip, looking at the maid in front of her. ...Mmm, yep. She's definitely that weird one. What was her name again? Au...Aur...
[3:40 AM] Nepgear: "I'd prefer to come along to fun places "Luma". Working at the castle is no fun, i assume you know that. Isn't that why you ran away too?"
[3:42 AM] Nepgear: She said the nickname in a more sarcastic tone, attempting to maybe taunt the princess
[3:43 AM] Uni: Luna crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at the maid. "I don't recall inviting you. I prefer being alone." And my name is Luna, you idiot. Is she just messing with me?
[3:52 AM] Nepgear: "As i said, staying behind isnt fun in the least. Besides, the other royals bore me. I prefer.... doing other things. You have my interest." Taking out the dagger again, she spun it around her finger by the ring in the handle, before sheathing it again. "Are we clear here?"(edited)
[3:57 AM] Uni: "No, no we're not clear at all." I could probably kill her in a fight if I needed to. But...tsk, I shouldn't get into one. ...Damn, she's blocking the way out. "You. You're new here, aren't you? Who...the hell are you, really?"
[3:59 AM] Nepgear: "Me? Someone who took up a job in the castle to see what her royal highness is up to. My name is Auriel." She does not trust me at all. This is fun.(edited)
[4:02 AM] Uni: Oh. Auriel. I was kind of close, I guess. ... ...To see what her... "To see what I am up to?!" Luna quickly regained her composure, glaring at Auriel. "Alright, as you can see, I'm not up to anything. Now, let me return to town?"
[4:05 AM] Nepgear: "We both know you do not want to head back, so why? I dont care how long you shirk your work. Im not here to tow you back to the castle you know." Auriel had a short laugh, before going back to just having a dull grin.
[4:07 AM] Uni: "W-what? I'll have you know I'm not shirking anything! Yes, I am very, very busy, as you can obviously see."
[4:08 AM] Nepgear: "Just stop trying. I saw the loads of paperwork you left behind. No use hiding it. And why even bother? I dont care anyway."
[4:11 AM] Uni: "Well I do! I care a slight amount for the strange maid thats been stalking me around for the past few days!"
[4:15 AM] Nepgear: "As i said, i am interested in you. You have the audacity to leave royal work behind, stalling it by just doing other things?" Auriel laughed "I love it. Most of the other maids are probably gonna look for you once they find out. Too bad for them i took the master key. They wont find out in a while, they are all idiots anyway."
[4:19 AM] Uni: "You...took...the..." Well if she slipped that key out without anyone noticing, I suppose her assessment isn't wrong, really... ...Am I actually agreeing with this psycho? "Well, alright, you got me. What are you gonna do now, dissect me?"
[4:21 AM] Nepgear: "Me? Just stick around, as i said im interested in you. Just go ahead, ask me anything if it helps. Ill answer, for the first question, no. I dont dissect people i like. Had i disliked you though, i dont know."
[4:24 AM] Uni: "...Riiiiight. Alright, lets get this clear. You don't plan to kill me, do you?"(edited)
[4:25 AM] Nepgear: "No, i dont. If you are going out to kill someone though, id prefer coming along.
[4:27 AM] Uni: "I'm not going out to kill anyone! The hell?!" At least, I shouldn't be doing that anymore. Luna coughed into her fist. "Alright, fine, whatever. You...be creepy all you want and I might tolerate you." Besides, I doubt she'd just leave if I kicked her out of the castle.
[4:30 AM] Nepgear: "Why not? If i was there to ferry you out, you wouldnt be spotted. Killing is an acceptable passtime where i am from, so i dont judge. We could go outside the borders if that helps?" I recall hearing of this, it would be a shame if she stopped. Takes out most of the fun.
[4:33 AM] Uni: "Where the hell is killing an 'acceptable pastime'?!" Actually, that kinda sounds like fun. ...Your mouth is twitching, Luna. Stop it. "No, no it doesn't help! You...maid-! I'm a princess! Royalty! I can't just wander outside the borders and kill randomly!"
[4:35 AM] Nepgear: "Yes you can... I said id cover for you. I dont judge, and i doubt the people we do it with will either. So nobody that knows would judge."
[4:37 AM] Uni: Luna was about to say something, but bites her tongue. This girl is insane! I shouldn't piss her off by accident. "Its a no. I'm not going on some...weird killing spree with you, alright?"
[4:38 AM] Nepgear: "Aww.... sucks. And i thought it would be so fun too... Give it some consideration?"
[4:38 AM] Uni: Not in your life! "Fine. I'll consider it. Happy?"
[4:41 AM] Nepgear: "Heh. Anyway, i believe an agreement is in order. You need a retainer, but dont want someone who constantly ridicules you over a hobby? Ill do it. In return, i take my orders from you. Deal?"
[4:42 AM] Uni: "Y-wait, what? Retainership?" Don't...piss her off...accidentally...Luna... "I don't take retainers."
[4:44 AM] Nepgear: "Officially yes... but don't people bother you over it? You can just say that i am, but i dont need to follow you everywhere. Being a maid here is booring, i have no free time."
[4:45 AM] Nepgear: "Also, you are censoring yourself. I can see that. Come on, im not that scary am i?"
[4:47 AM] Uni: So what, like Mana? Oh, geez, whats with this dumb retainer requirement anyway. "I'll think about it." Luna crossed her arms. "And I'm not scared by someone like you at all. I'm just...not in my element, is all."
[4:51 AM] Nepgear: "I am so similar to you though... i suppose i am more open about my hobbies.... Crossing her arms, mirroring how Luna had done it, and she started grinning again "Also we dont need to run outside and kill people. We can just take trips like these."
[4:53 AM] Uni: Luna uncrosses her arms immediately. Oh we ain't similar in the slightest! "No. No killing people and thats final, got it? Just...do your maid things and everyone will get along swimmingly, alright?"
[4:56 AM] Nepgear: "Aww...... i really wanted to. And maid work is booring.. i suppose i will just go tell people about your sprees then..."
[4:56 AM] Uni: "..."
[4:57 AM] Uni: "I'll...think about it, alright?" ...I'm going to regret that later.
[4:59 AM] Nepgear: "I meaan.... you arent too careful with those? You left a survivor the last time... he wont be speaking unless i let him though..."
[5:04 AM] Uni: How much does this bitch know?! "I'm just a little rusty, is all." "...Anyway, I think I'm ready to return to the castle now. Do some paperwork and stuff, and you can go back to doing maid things!"
[5:04 AM] Uni: "How great does that sound?"
[5:06 AM] Nepgear: "Eh.. i suppose. How did that earlier question about retainers go? I mean, you crush two birds with one stone. Nobody except i will know about your "hobbies" and you wont have to bother with officially appointing a retainer."
[5:07 AM] Uni: "I said I'd think about it, didn't I? Don't put me on the spot like that!"
[5:08 AM] Nepgear: "Heh.. Nice to get to know you better Luna.. im going to have to ask you to keep this a secret however. Wouldnt want people to know that im not as sleepy as i act."
[5:10 AM] Uni: "Yeah, sure, fine, whatever. Gotcha." Luna takes a cautious step towards Auriel. "So, returning now? You're kind of in the way."
[5:11 AM] Nepgear: "Yeah sure.... after you Milady." This will be good.
[5:12 AM] Uni: ======RP End======



No comments:

Post a Comment