Wednesday, January 4, 2017

[YJ] The Two Lady Killers

Featuring: Jean, Kalenzo


[3:04 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Yuki Jyorou The next morning hit Kalenzo like a brick. He had slept well for the most part, but it was the awakening part that had griefed him. At the time, the man didn't feel like moving, staying in bed all day seemed to be his best option but a certain grumbling in his stomach had roused him from his hungover stupor. With sluggish movements, he properly dressed himself before pushing his way out of the inn's door. The sun perched almost half-way across the sky was harsh, but it hadn't deterred the bowman from walking the streets of the southern Freyzenese city in order to find something to eat. Weaving through the crowds in the marketplace, Kalenzo purchased a fairly light meal of rice balls stuffed with fish before exiting the bustling congregation and finding himself on a less crowded street. Several thoughts from last night filled the man's mind as he walked around aimlessly, idly chewing on his breakfast. I wonder if I could talk to that Jean fellow again... He seemed like quite the charming individual and I hear those wyverns can be quite fearsome... If he is truly the man I remember seeing back from that tavern I wonder what was going through his mind when he decided to dress himself up like that, into combat no less...
[3:25 PM] Abyssal John John: Still in the field, Jean hadn't slept at all after the events of the bathhouse. That night was one of the hardest Jean remembers having in recent memory at least since he's joined the Army. Angard lovingly nudged still worried about her master. Jean just sighed as he rubbed his red eyes. "At least you don't seem too tired after staying up with me Angard. I need to wash my face. After that I can get you some tea and see how first I can get a girl into bed with me to keep last night at bay." Later in the morning with his face cleaned and a familiar smile on his face Jean walked through the marketplace with Angard by his side. It might just be better for me to just find a place to buy a cup of tea instead of buying teabags. I can just do that later. I should also probably be on the lookout for any possible dates.... Jean continued weaving as the people tried their very best to avoid bumping into Angard.
[3:38 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Throwing a quick glance over his shoulder, Kalenzo's eyes widened as he almost choked on his meal at the sight of the familiar wyvern. Turning himself around, the bowman finished the last of the riceball in his hand before putting away the rest in his bag. Gulping down the hastily chewed food, he worked his way through the crowds to greet and possibly talk some more with the man on his mind. "Jean?!" He asked, hoping the wyvern rider could hear him above all of the advertising, bickering and haggling of the crowd.
[3:42 PM] Abyssal John John: Hearing his name being called Jean made a slight groan. I don't have time for this right now. I'm not in the right mindset to socialize.... Nevertheless, Jean recognized the voice as Kalenzo's the man he met at the Bathhouse. "Yes Kalenzo? Were you looking for me?"
[3:44 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah yes," Kalenzo answered, giving the man a brief smile. "I was looking to talk some more with you last night but then uh..." He paused, coughing into a closed fist before continuing. "That ordeal occurred."
[3:48 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. In a way he wished he had stayed at the bath instead of heading towards the bar. Maybe he could've avoided depressing himself. "Yes. I heard that was an interesting situation to say the least. But I guess it will be a nice bedtime story for Queen Luna to tell to her children." Jean began to scratch under Angard's neck. "But you wanted to talk to me some more? What did you want to talk about?"
[3:56 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo let out a bit of a chuckle at Jean's remark about a bedtime story before shaking his head and making eye contact with the wyvern rider once more. "Ah yes, just some idle chit-chat is all. Perhaps over some tea? I'd like to get to know you some more."
[3:59 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. That will deal with one of my goals today. "Sounds lovely. Nothing is better then two allies having a chat over some tea. Do you know of a good place in the area Kalenzo?"(edited)
[4:06 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, I know the perfect place for it." Kalenzo answered with a grin, clasping his hands together at the thought of sating his thirst. "Follow me, they even have a place for your wyvern to relax in." He instructed, turning around and looking at the other male over his shoulder before beckoning him with a curled index finger.
[4:09 PM] Abyssal John John: " Hmm. Sounds interesting. As long as Angard is close by I'll be fine." She'll be the one drinking the tea anyway. Jean followed Kalenzo, hoping the place would perhaps have a potential date for himself.
[4:23 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "No worries, it's fairly off the normal path but the quality is worth the extra walk." Kalenzo commented, his blue cloak flapping ever so slightly as a result of his eager steps. ===Fast travel activate=== "...and if we take a left here... This should be the place!" He grinned, the man's slightly sunken eyes beaming with excitement as he stared at the fairly modest teahouse.
[4:30 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean rubbed his chin. It was quite the quaint little teahouse indeed. "Hmmm. This seems like quite the nice little establishment." Jean scanned around for a place to keep your mount but didn't see any obvious place for it. "You said that they had a place for Angard to relax here. Do you know where that is?"
[4:43 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Of course, it's right around the back." Kalenzo answered, pointing to the alleyway to the side of the building where the faint glow of a lantern contrasted with the shadow of another building as it lead into a cozy looking stable.
[4:46 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "Alright then I guess that's where we'll have our talk then. I guess you can go get the tea while I have Angard get comfortable."
[4:46 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Sounds fair enough." Kalenzo nodded in response, turning and making his way up the steps of the veranda before pushing past the door to "The Khlinese Koi."(edited)
[4:52 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean yawned as he went to the stables. Angard quickly made herself comfortable as she laid on her belly in the soft hay. Jean sat down resting his back on his Wyvern. Angard positioned her head next to Jean's who started to stroke it in response. "I hope the tea here is good for you at least. Though I do wonder what Kalenzo wants to talk to me about...."
[5:23 PM] ColdToiletSeat: After a fair amount of time, the sounds of careful footsteps could be heard from the alley as Kalenzo approached with a tray filling the both of his hands. Atop this tray sat a couple of ceramic cups on top of one another and a small black kettle that had steam emanating from it's spout right in the middle. "Ah, sorry for the delay, there was a bit of confusion when I said I wanted to bring my order out to the stable." He apologized with a bit of a chuckle, setting down the tray before finally sitting himself down, crossing his legs in the process.(edited)
[5:33 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean shook his head. "No worries. The day is still young I still have a lot of time to kill." Jean took one of the cups and poured some tea into it. "Come here Angard. These are small cups so I'll have to help you with them." Angard made a soft snort as she opened her mouth and Jean poured the tea into her mouth. As Angard quickly closed her jaw the Wyvern made a content shriek. Jean looked back to Kalenzo. "You said you wanted to talk to me about that Ambush at the bar. What about it?" I wonder what he wants to know. I didn't see him with the ones outside....
[5:44 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Yes, I did, I remember seeing you atop your magnificent mount as I came out of that death trap" Kalenzo answered, pouring himself a cup after Jean had finished giving Angard her tea, stifling a chuckle as he did so. "You're also with Queen Lunarea's forces, I presume?"
[5:53 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "That I am. I joined up after the Amaterasu Party was ended by the monsters and I've been stuck with the Queen ever since. I don't mind though. It's pretty much the same as regular mercenary work." Jean pours another cup of tea for Angard.
[6:07 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, I understand. I was in the same situation in fact." Kalenzo responded, raising his eyebrows in light of the pleasant surprise before quickly elaborating. "Being a part of the Amaterasu party, I mean." Lifting the cup up to his lips, he takes a sip of the lemon-flavored brew before letting out a content sigh afterwards. "How was the battle at the tavern for you?"
[6:12 PM] Abyssal John John: "Hmmm. Pretty relaxing all things considered. The enemies outside gave me no trouble though I spent most of the battle protecting Ariana while she went on her massacre." Jean sighed remembering all the enemies the Manakete had gleefully slain while he poured another cup of tea into Angard's maw.
[6:13 PM] Abyssal John John: After the Wyvern closed her maw, she made another gleeful and soft shriek.
[6:27 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, you were one of the lucky ones to have been caught outside..." Kalenzo nodded, looking down into his cup as he remembered the bloodbath inside the tavern. "I was one of those poor bastards to have been caught inside the damn place. It was... something, to say the least."
[6:35 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean sighed. "Yeah I saw what it looked like inside after the battle. Had a few shots with Conri in there. It was a mess to say the least. I heard a good number of the troops got badly injured in there."
[6:56 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Hearing the man's story, Kalenzo shrugged as his expression fell neutral. "I suppose it wasn't all that bad, they sustained more injuries than we did and at the least none of us had died." And I got to save the ever so helpless damsel in distress, Miss Auriel~ The artist thought, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth as he took another sip.
[7:00 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "I guess at the end of the day that's all we can hope for right? That no is dead by the end of it." Jean poured another cup of tea for his Wyvern. "I heard that Queen Luna and her Retainer Mana dashed out of the tavern as soon as they could though. I guess the soldiers in the tavern tried to get her out safely?" Or she most likely left her own soldiers for dead while only worrying about her own wellbeing.
[7:17 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Something along those lines, I was with a small group on the other side of the tavern and I couldn't particularly focus on our ever so valiant leader probably running away." Kalenzo answered, rolling his eyes at the thought.
[7:30 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean just chuckled at the mental image of the valiant Queen Luna running away with her tail between her legs leaving her soldiers to die. Hmph. Wonder why she didn't rally defenses in the bar. Maybe Sula will have a bullshit answer for that. "Even then I heard there were some injures outside as well. I heard there was a pair of Archers who were particularly vicious, rushing towards their enemies while firing dozens of arrows..." Luckily I never saw them. I was on the opposite side of the building....
[8:28 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Archers? Really now?" Kalenzo wondered, tilting his head.
I wonder if her wounds came from those archers... He thought, taking yet another slow sip of tea before letting out a closed-eye sigh. "Sounds like it was quite fun." The bowman remarked, wasting not a second more and refilling his now-empty cup. "But enough of that, you're one of the few people in this group that have caught my eye. Needless to say, I'd like to know more about you... and quite possibly your wyvern."
[8:34 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean gave an intrigued look as he filled Angard's cup. "Really now? What would you like to know then? I'm pretty open about myself. Ask away." *Well I'm not open about everything but I doubt this man would ask any questions that would bring stuff like that up.
[8:36 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "First off, I'd like to know where you got the idea to wear such stark red armor." Kalenzo asked, leaning forward with an eager look on his face. "It's so... avant garde."
[8:50 PM] Abyssal John John: "I wear it because it's the only armor I have. Back when I left Gennuir my Uncle Nikolanikov gave it to me before I left. It's the same kind of armor he gets made for his son Nikolai so when I told him I was going to become A Mercenary he gave me one of them." Jean proudly smiled. "The armor is amazingly resilient and its easy enough to sew up any cuts in the jacket and pants so I never thought about getting any new armor. And haven't you seen Lark's Armor. I swear it blinds enemies 10 feet away!"
[9:00 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo leaned back upright with his eyebrows raised as he was assaulted by the man's information. Several thoughts flooded his mind as Jean finished answering and more. Gennuir? Does that mean he's from Valenheim? He's good at sewing? I wonder what that armor's made of... Who's Lark? He decided to pounce on the first of his scrambled thoughts. "Gennuir you say? That means you're from Valenheim correct?"
[9:02 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "Indeed. I am from the prestigious Asmodeus Family. They're known as the most wealthy crop growers within all of Valenheim."(edited)
[9:03 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, Valenheim! I've always wanted to live there, what's it like?" Kalenzo questioned, leaning forward once more as his face returned to it's eager form.
[9:10 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean sighed as he put away his hatred of Valenheim. "It's fine. Gennuir is a pretty quiet place with mostly wealthy folk who keep to themselves. All the interest artistry Valenheim is known for is in Arc Vi'itur and Valsin Tanious. I've never been to the two places myself but my mother and father would make trips there every so often to watch theater plays."
[9:16 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "It sounds like a delight!~" Kalenzo commented, grinning at the other male before placing his cup down on the tray and clasping his hands together. "I can't wait to visit a country with such fine tastes in the arts."
[9:18 PM] Abyssal John John: "Hmm. Then I guess you you are interested in the arts Kalenzo?" Jean gave Angard another cup of tea. "What are you specifically interested in?"
[9:32 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh of course!" Kalenzo answered, his expression and overall composure displaying an almost exaggerated-looking giddiness. "I'm quite fond of all forms of artistry but puppetry is something that I'm very fond of. Heh, it is my passion and longing for true artistry that drove me away from my home in Khlin."
[9:39 PM] Abyssal John John: Puppetry. Now that's an interesting art form.... Jean nodded in response. "Is that so huh. Well I believe there are Puppet Shows played from time to time. Perhaps you could make a name for yourself in Valenheim." However when Jean heard Kalenzo talk about Khlin being his home he decided to change the subject. "So you're from Khlin huh Kalenzo? I know Khlin is going through some problems now to say the least but how was your life here?"
[9:50 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah yes... Khlin..." Kalenzo repeated, his eagerness quickly tapering off as he was reminded of his own home. "...Some problems is quite the understatement, good sir." The artist spoke with a scoff, rolling his eyes and resting his palms on his knees. "From what I've experienced in that shithole of a country, I wouldn't dare to go back. When I was young, my entire family was forced to work. Needless to say, it was hard and offered little to no pay, thanks to those nobles all cooped up in Intetsu." Bowing his head and exchanging his hands on his knees for his elbows, Kalenzo then stared upwards. "May the Gods bless my mother for still holding strong amongst that hell..."(edited)
[9:56 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean listened to the man and felt extremely sorry for his plight. He could never imagine something like everyone in the family having to work to survive day by day. In his family no one had to work, that's what their servants were for. "I'm sorry for bringing that up Kalenzo, that was rude of me. And your mother must be a wonderful woman Kalenzo..."
[9:58 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo sat upright before waving off Jean dismissively, shaking his head all the same. "It's quite alright, you didn't know. A simple misunderstanding is no means for anger."
[9:59 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh... and who knows? With how this group is going, I may be able to see her again."
[10:02 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "That would be quite nice indeed." Jean stroked Angard's head. "Of course, I have all the family I need with me at all times." Angard made a proud shriek at the compliment.
[10:08 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Huh... I've never considered such a comrade to be like family before... How fascinating..." Kalenzo commented, stroking his stubble.
[10:09 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "You two must share quite the bond, I suppose."
[10:14 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "Of course. I've had Angard ever since I was five years old. Ever since then she's been my closest and most trusted friend."
[10:48 PM] ColdToiletSeat: She? Kalenzo wondered, tilting his head slightly as he looked at the wyvern. I guess I've never distinguished between male and female wyverns before... "Fascinating... How ever so fascinating... You know, I think I'm quite jealous in fact! Hahah"(edited)
[11:01 PM] Abyssal John John: "Truly? Well I guess a bond like this is unique indeed!" Jean smiled thinking back on all the good memories he had with Angard. "I don't know about any other Wyvern Riders or anyone else with their mounts but I couldn't live without Angard by my side." Jean continued to stroke Angard's head.
[11:23 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ha... Oh how I longed for something like that." Kalenzo responded, letting out a small chuckle. "Ah yes, my life was quite different when I travelled alone. Through Gallaran no less."(edited)
[11:32 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean was intrigued as he stroked his chin. "You've been to Gallaran huh? I've been there a few times myself but only on jobs so I didn't get the full Gallaran experience as one would put it. My cousin Praline speaks fondly of Gallaran though. She says she's always respected their power. Makes me wonder how she feels about this war..." Jean pondered on the matter for a bit before he turned back to Kalenzo. "Anyway what was your experience like while you were there? I'm pretty sure its an interesting tale."
[11:43 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Aha, Gallaran was something else." Kalenzo answered, shifting around in his seat before scratching the back of his neck. "It was certainly a breath of fresh air when compared to Khlin. I've met many people and learned many things, I guess you could say that leaving Khlin opened my eyes to the true beauty of art and foreign culture." Letting out a deep sigh, the bowman continued with a bit of a nostalgic longing in his voice. "...Yes indeed, I have many fond memories of Gallaran."(edited)
[11:49 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded in agreement with Kalenzo. "I could say the same for when I finally left Valenheim. It was quite the experience finally leaving my ro-home and having to live for myself without relying on the wealth of my family. I will admit it was hard to adjust at first and learning how to fight was...rough to say the least but I got used to it soon enough. When I finally got the hang of things it was pretty great. These past three years for me have been amazing."
[11:52 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hear hear!" Kalenzo smiled, reaching down to grab his cup of tea before raising it as a way of saying 'Cheers!'
[11:55 PM] Abyssal John John: "Hear hear! Indeed!" Jean picked up a cup of tea to return Kalenzo's cheer. It was strange but this man had truly lifted Jean's spirit. He still needed to find a girl to hassle but spending some time with Kalenzo had done him more good than harm. "You're a good man Kalenzo. It's a shame we didn't meet sooner!"(edited)
January 5, 2017
[12:28 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh it truly is a shame!" Kalenzo agreed, his grin growing wider as he listened to the wyvern rider's words. The friendship between the two lady killers seemed to sail off without a hitch, quite funny considering the fact that one of them was an actual killer. "Ha ha! I could say the same to you Jean!"
[12:36 AM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded. "Then cheers to a long and healthy friendship!"
[12:50 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Cheers to that, my friend!" Kalenzo exclaimed, clinking his glass against Jean's in another round of cheers.
[12:57 AM] Abyssal John John: Jean had a genuine smile on his face at this point. Kalenzo seemed like a good man at the very least. As Jean gave Angard her last cup of tea he stood up. He did still need to find a date for the night after all. The trouble of last night wasn't that far away from his mind yet. "Well it was nice to meet you Kalenzo but I have some important matters to take care of. If you ever want to have another nice little chat you can always find me around."
[1:06 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Of course, of course! It was a pleasure meeting you too Jean. I'd just love to share some more stories and possibly some more drinks with you sometime." Kalenzo responded, waving off the wyvern rider as he started to take his leave.
[1:10 AM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded as left the lofty stables with Angard before he mounted the Black Wyvern and took off into the skies.(edited)
[1:18 AM] Abyssal John John: ===END RP.===(edited)





No comments:

Post a Comment