Tuesday, January 31, 2017

[AG3] What Is Bravery

Featuring: Benkei, Yavae


[9:14 AM] Persoon56: Benkei was wandering, lost in thought, mostly, though there was this numbness in him that he just couldn't shake. After all that he had been through, he was just lost, and one thought dominated his mind when he was really thinking, What can I do now? I have to do something now, can't just bum around the army... That morning, Benkei was overwhelmed by everything that had happened. "Why am I here? Just what am I doing with myself now? Ahh, well, I guess I got time, and I can't quit now, that's just a coward's choice. Maybe I should reach out to Yavae again, I can't just give up on her teaching me, oh what's the use?" Benkei muttered to himself as he walked aimlessly, not fully paying attention to his surroundings.(edited)
[9:37 AM] DiurnalKnight!: Meanwhile, Yavae was standing on a hill near the fort, looking out at the horizon and meditating. If he wanted to reach out to her, she's rather easy to find.
[9:45 AM] Persoon56: Benkei notices the figure on the hill. Who's that? Could be anyone, but I really could use a chance to talk to anyone Running up to the meditating figure, Benkei notices who it is, Yavae. "Oh...um, hello Yavae." Benkei stammers out, not really knowing what she was doing.
[9:51 AM] DiurnalKnight!: Upon hearing his voice, her muscles tense up. That... Yes, she was certain she knew that voice. Her blood begins to slowly speed, feeling as though the temperature was rising. She cracks her knuckles and answers without turning towards him "What made you think you could speak to me, coward?"
[9:54 AM] Persoon56: Hearing the venom dripping off of Yavae's words was enough to curdle Benkei's blood, she was mad, and he was pobably going to have to take it. "I don't understand, what do you mean coward?"
[10:00 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I meant exactly what I said, coward. Your cowardice endangers those around you to protect yourself, you think I have any desire to speak to a parasite like that?"
[10:06 AM] Persoon56: "I still don't follow, almost every fight I've been in, I've fought my hardest..." Benkei tries to think back to any times his fear overtook him in battle, "I guess you mean...the siege machine?"
[10:09 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "What, are you so cowardly you run from even the memory of your action? Pathetic."
[10:13 AM] Persoon56: "No, I've, I've just been a bit occupied since the fight..." Benkei just looks down, not wishing to meet Yavae's gaze "Now that I remember it...I can't believe I did something so selfish."
[10:19 AM] DiurnalKnight!: She still has yet to turn to face him. Her fists seem to almost glow with power as she clenches them. "Foolish? It was worse than that. You showed your true colors and my friend payed the price."
[10:26 AM] Persoon56: "I know...I know, it was a selfish action full of fear, but that wasn't the end of the fight. I had to watch...Kaija was her name, right? I had to watch her get struck down, and I immediately ran forward, tried to hold the line. I know I was a coward, guess I really am in over my head here, huh?" Benkei laughs bitterly at his own act of cowardice
[10:35 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do you honestly expect me to pity you for this?" Her voice practically turns into a growl. The way he was talking, not even knowing her name... It disgusts her. It takes a lot of effort for her to not throw her axe at him immediately. "You don't deserve to speak her name, coward."
[10:40 AM] Persoon56: "No, I don't ask for your pity, I know I'd never get any. I'm here...I'm here to own up, to face what punishment I deserve. You're right, I was a coward, and it's your right to do what you feel must be done." Benkei bows his head towards Yavae
[10:45 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Punishment? You think you are worthy of that much of my time? You think you are worthy of that chance for redemption? Were I in charge of this army you would be banished in disgrace for your actions. Unfortunately, I am not, and so a coward like you may continue to fight alongside us."
[10:58 AM] Persoon56: "I guess I think everyone deserves a chance to redemption. I guess no act of bravery would be enough then, eh? I just can't stand this animosity." Benkei sighs, "So what, though? Guess in the end, I had to try. I guess that nothing I say will convince you, but I will show you, Lady Yavae, I will show you that that moment was just that, a moment. I hope, in time, I hope you can forgive me."
[11:14 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Begging for punishment in hopes of forgiveness for it isn't bravery. The fact that you believe it is is sickening."
[11:19 AM] Persoon56: "Then what is bravery, then? Since you seem to have it all figured out, why isn't seeking to make amends with someone who hates you brave?"
[11:22 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "You think submitting to a beating and moving on will redeem you because that's an easy way to think, an easy way to live. Takng a beating is easy, doing something is hard."
[11:25 AM] Persoon56: "You want to know what's even easier? Wallowing in hate, holding a grudge, drinking deeply of that wellspring of poison and hoping someone else will die. Call it youthful ignorance, call it naivete, but I don't know what to do."
[11:29 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "You dare to childishly insult me and my honor for not forgiving you?" Her fists begin to actually glow, before busting into blue flames
[11:35 AM] Persoon56: "No, not your honor, though I guess that was a poor choice...I should leave before anything worse happens. Goodbye, Lady Yavae, I wish you well in the coming battles." Benkei starts to walk off, holding back tears of fear and regret.
[11:44 AM] DiurnalKnight!: Eventually she unclenches her fists and returns to her meditating
[11:44 AM] DiurnalKnight!: ===rp end===




No comments:

Post a Comment