Sunday, January 29, 2017

[AG2] Fighting for Nothing

Featuring: Vivianna, Angel


January 29, 2017
[1:00 PM] M I K A: Vivianna weakly opens her eyes. Seems it was morning once more. She doesn't attempt to get up and watches as people come in and out. A plate of food is next to her, cold from being there from last night. She stares at it before turning away. She was so tired..Vivi struggles to sit up, stumbling out of her bed and just walking. A nurse stops her and brings her back to the bed, telling her she needed to eat..for the baby. She ignores the woman and stares ahead, her blue eyes, stark and listless.
[1:07 PM] Jaxx On: So this is the medical tent. Angel walks into the tent. It was a new day and even if he was going to fight soon, he might as well know where everything is. First he visited the blacksmith, looked around. Next he visited the stores, saw what they had to offer. The system they used for using the smithy wasn't the brightest, but then again Angel didn't know very much about blacksmithing. He left that behind along with most else when he was training. Then he had an idea. Maybe he should search through and see if there was anyone else he should talk to about the camp. Hopefully as well he'd chance across that blonde Manakete Mund had mentioned. The still hooded Angel goes and tries to take a good look at each of the injured, the wounded, the sick, or those who were there for other reasons.
[1:11 PM] M I K A: She sighs and stares at the hooded person. "Hello? Are you another nurse?" Her eyes look at him but they are looking past him.
[1:19 PM] Jaxx On: He chanced upon a guest to the tent who was seemingly standing, even though there was a nurse that seemed to think she should do otherwise. But him? A nurse? He must be the furthest thing from a man of healing possible. Still, it seems he should talk with this person. Maybe they can tell him something. "No, I'm not a nurse. But who are you?"
[1:22 PM] M I K A: "I'm a patient here. I guess you're one of the rebels here.." She looks at him weirdly. "Are you injured?"
[1:23 PM] Jaxx On: "Somewhat, why do you ask?"
[1:24 PM] M I K A: "You wouldn't be in this area if you weren't injured or here to see someone injured. This place isn't somewhere people come to hang."
[1:25 PM] Jaxx On: "True. So what's your name?"
[1:26 PM] M I K A: "Vivianna, and you?"
[1:27 PM] Jaxx On: "Angel. Good to meet you Vivianna. Are you one of the rebels?"
[1:29 PM] M I K A: "Angel..Angel, That's a wonderful name." She looks down at her hands. "I..I don't know. I'm just here."
[1:31 PM] Jaxx On: "It's not that nice of a name. So are you part of Ellis' army instead?"
[1:39 PM] M I K A: "I guess so..I don't know Angel. I'm just here survive." She smiles. "I like the name Angel."
[1:44 PM] Jaxx On: "I think a name like Vivianna is much better. So, you're injured? How?"
[1:46 PM] M I K A: "The nurses say that my body is using all my energy to provide for my child, so I'm left like this. It will only get worse as the months pass." Her dark circle give her a slightly haunted look.
[1:51 PM] Jaxx On: "So you're pregnant, huh? How old are you?"
[1:52 PM] M I K A: "What does that matter?"
[1:58 PM] Jaxx On: "It doesn't, I was just curious. How much time do you spend in here?"
[2:00 PM] M I K A: "When we aren't fighting I'm here. So everyday now. Why are you wearing a hood?"
[2:01 PM] Jaxx On: "There's...something I don't like under the hood. It's there to keep that hidden."
[2:03 PM] M I K A: "Oh..I'm sorry I asked."
[2:03 PM] Jaxx On: "It's fine. I apologise for asking about your age."
[2:07 PM] M I K A: "No I know I look old."
[2:08 PM] Jaxx On: "Old? No, you look young to me. You look tired and spent, but young."
[2:11 PM] M I K A: "I thought pregnancy was supposed to make a woman beautiful." She laughs.
[2:12 PM] Jaxx On: "Heh heh heh. Don't worry, I've heard it makes you look better afterwards."
[2:14 PM] M I K A: "After huh...I just hope it doesn't kill me."
[2:17 PM] Jaxx On: "Don't worry, you seem strong enough to make it through."
[2:17 PM] M I K A: She looks doubtful. "I do not feel it."
[2:19 PM] Jaxx On: "Everyone goes through moments like this. Some people have it better or worse, but they always feel like they can't make it through. You can make it."
[2:22 PM] M I K A: She smiles at him. "You are kind Angel."
[2:22 PM] Jaxx On: "Really? I've never been described as that before."
[2:24 PM] M I K A: "Really...well you are. I'm 23 by the way."
[2:29 PM] Jaxx On: "You are? I think...I think I am 24."
[2:35 PM] M I K A: "24...I think we might be the closest in age here."
[2:38 PM] Jaxx On: "Maybe...if I'm that old..."
[2:42 PM] M I K A: "What do you mean?"
[2:43 PM] Jaxx On: "I can't remember how old I am exactly."
[2:43 PM] M I K A: "...Why?"
[2:44 PM] Jaxx On: "I...it's something to do with my ears."
[2:46 PM] M I K A: "Your ears? Is something wrong with them?"
[2:47 PM] Jaxx On: Angel looks surprised, shocked. How could she know? He hadn't said any...wait...yeah, he screwed up. "A-Ah, no. Well yes."
[2:48 PM] M I K A: "May I see them?"
[2:51 PM] Jaxx On: "Fine, but a warning. They're...not normal." He removes his hood, fully revealing the rest of his head, from the blonde hair straight to the ears. The ears, ah, the Manakete ears. Not human at all let me tell you. And everyone else would also say they're not human at all, despite their owner.(edited)
[3:02 PM] M I K A: She gasp. "I didn't think you were..but then why did you say 24?"
[3:05 PM] Jaxx On: "Because I can't remember how old I am. That was just a guess."
[3:10 PM] M I K A: She looks sad. "You must be very old then."
[3:11 PM] Jaxx On: "No. I'm not a drake. That's why I wear the hood."
[3:12 PM] M I K A: "But your ears" He couldn't have forgotten..but..maybe..
[3:13 PM] Jaxx On: "They...They're not natural."
[3:15 PM] M I K A: "They are..all Manakete have them."
[3:18 PM] Jaxx On: "Yes, but I'm not a drake. Some...surgeons made my ears look like a drake's."
[3:18 PM] M I K A: "....Why would they do that?"
[3:19 PM] Jaxx On: "Well...you thought I was a drake, right?"
[3:20 PM] M I K A: I still think you are. "Yes?"
[3:21 PM] Jaxx On: "That's why."
[3:21 PM] M I K A: "....That doesn't make sense."
[3:22 PM] Jaxx On: "It was so I could pass myself off as a drake."
[3:23 PM] M I K A: "But why? That seems so..um extreme."
[3:25 PM] Jaxx On: "Yeah...I wish I didn't have them."
[3:26 PM] M I K A: She looks even sadden. "Do they hurt?"
[3:26 PM] Jaxx On: "Yes, but not as much as before."
[3:31 PM] M I K A: "I'm so sorry Angel. " She looks like she wants to hug him but stays put.
[3:33 PM] Jaxx On: "Don't be." He puts his hood back up.
[3:35 PM] M I K A: "Would you like something to eat. I don't eat much anymore so, I have plenty to give."
[3:37 PM] Jaxx On: "No, I don't feel like eating now. Thank you for the offer though."
[3:38 PM] M I K A: "I don't either." She tries to smile. "Hopefully I won't see you here too much."
[3:42 PM] Jaxx On: "Hopefully. Hopefully this is the worst of your pregnancy."
[3:43 PM] M I K A: She shakes her head. "My mother almost died with me so I know this is just the easy part."
[3:52 PM] Jaxx On: "Really? Well at least you know what's coming."
[3:56 PM] M I K A: "I'm still very scared."
[3:57 PM] Jaxx On: "It's alright to be scared."
[3:58 PM] M I K A: She sighs. "Do you really believe that Angel?"
[3:59 PM] Jaxx On: Her question was met by silence.
[4:01 PM] M I K A: "Didn't think so..you rebels are so strong."
[4:07 PM] Jaxx On: More silence.
[4:09 PM] M I K A: "Angel?"
[4:14 PM] Jaxx On: "Yes?"
[4:14 PM] M I K A: "Are you alright?"
[4:14 PM] Jaxx On: "I'm fine."
[4:15 PM] M I K A: "So..why are you fighting?"
[4:15 PM] Jaxx On: "To become stronger."
[4:18 PM] M I K A: "Is that all?"
[4:18 PM] Jaxx On: "Mainly yes."
[4:22 PM] M I K A: "...Well at least you have a reason."
[4:23 PM] Jaxx On: "At least? Are there people here who don't?"
[4:24 PM] M I K A: "Me..I don't."
[4:29 PM] Jaxx On: "Why not?"
[4:30 PM] M I K A: "I cause..I just never did. I joined because of friends and love. But mostly love.."
[4:33 PM] Jaxx On: "Love? Who for?"
[4:38 PM] M I K A: ".......No one anymore I suppose."
[4:39 PM] Jaxx On: "It didn't work out?"
[4:40 PM] M I K A: She nods.
[4:42 PM] Jaxx On: "That's a shame."
[4:43 PM] M I K A: "I..Yes it is..a very big shame. So now I'm here fighting for nothing and hoping everything turns out alright."
[4:44 PM] Jaxx On: "Well maybe you're fighting for a better world for your child."
[5:13 PM] M I K A: "But my child won't live near here. I'm from Nohr."
[5:17 PM] Jaxx On: "Nohr? What's Nohr like?"
[5:20 PM] M I K A: "Oh Nohr is wonderful! It's much colder there but it's so pretty when the lake freezes and we skate on it."
[5:24 PM] Jaxx On: "Cold doesn't bother me. It sounds nice."
[5:25 PM] M I K A: "It is, you should comes and see it after all these. I'd give you a tour."
[5:32 PM] Jaxx On: "That would be nice."
[5:33 PM] M I K A: "Angel..have you always lived in Khlian?"
[5:35 PM] Jaxx On: "This is my first time in the kingdom."
[5:36 PM] M I K A: "Huh..where are you from?"
[5:37 PM] Jaxx On: "Gallaran."
[5:40 PM] M I K A: "Oh...I haven't heard much about that place..what is it like?"
[5:42 PM] Jaxx On: "It's horrible. At least, the government is. I've not experienced much of it though."
[5:44 PM] M I K A: "Oh..well then I guess I won't be going there." She finally makes it back over to her bed, panting slightly. "My son's telling me I need to sit down again."
[5:49 PM] Jaxx On: "Ah, ok. Is it hard being pregnant?"
[5:51 PM] M I K A: "It is but it's worth it. Being a mother is fulfilling."
[5:52 PM] Jaxx On: "That's nice to hear. You're enjoying it, then?"
[5:53 PM] M I K A: "Very much Angel. Even if I feel really bad most of the time."
[6:07 PM] Jaxx On: "That's good." A small smile emerges. "What role do you take in fights?"
[6:08 PM] M I K A: "I sing, which helps those around me keep fighting." His smile makes her eyes finally get a bit of life back into them.
[6:11 PM] Jaxx On: "You sing? That's amazing. Could you sing a little right now?"
[6:16 PM] M I K A: She touches her throat. "Sure, I will.
[6:16 PM] M I K A: "A dream is a wish your heart makes When you're fast asleep In dreams you will lose your heartaches Whatever you wish for, you keep"
[6:27 PM] Jaxx On: Wow Angel listens to the song, closing his eyes and making sure he hears every word clearly, and so he hears the tune even clearer.
[6:31 PM] M I K A: "Have faith in your dreams and someday Your rainbow will come smiling through No matter how your heart is grieving If you keep on believing The dream that you wish will come true"
[6:39 PM] M I K A: She settle on the last line and smiles.
[6:39 PM] M I K A: "Was it good?"
[6:46 PM] Jaxx On: Listening, the man slips into reflection of his life before. He recalls the choir of bird songs he would hear at early morn as a child in the fort. He recalls his teacher's melodious and sometimes haunting singing while teaching him of Terrian folktales and legends. He finally recalls the voice of one best friends in Terria, the drake he probably trusted most. Her voice was smooth, calming, quiet, and yet so full of happiness and joy you would think the speaker would burst open. When she finally stopped, Angel opened his eyes again, to look and speak to the singer once more. "Thank you, that was truly amazing."
[6:50 PM] M I K A: "I'm glad, you looked so happy. Your smile is a beautiful thing you know."
[6:58 PM] Jaxx On: "I'm smiling?" He takes his finger and traces it across his lip, before putting it along with the rest of his hand back to his side. "I am smiling."
[7:02 PM] M I K A: She smiles back. "I'm smiling too, I don't think I've smiled in days now." Her eyes are bright now and full of life. "Maybe we should both smile more."
[7:02 PM] Jaxx On: "Maybe indeed."
[7:03 PM] M I K A: She yawns. "Angel..will you come viste me again? You don't have to but I wouldn't mind your company."
[7:10 PM] Jaxx On: "Alright, I will. I don't mind your company either."
[7:13 PM] M I K A: "Thank you Angel." She holds out her hand for him. "Pinky promise."
[7:14 PM] Jaxx On: Angel holds out his hand, but his face probably gives away that he is confused at this. "Pinky promise?"
[7:16 PM] M I K A: She takes his hand and wraps her pinky around his. "Like this Angel."
[7:17 PM] Jaxx On: Whatever he was expecting it wasn't that. He almost moves away from the contact. Almost. "And then?"
[7:21 PM] M I K A: "And then we promise."
[7:23 PM] Jaxx On: "I promise to come back and visit you again."
[7:29 PM] M I K A: She giggles. "It's a promise then." She lets go and lays back down. "I hope I can have more energy next time Angel."
[7:29 PM] Jaxx On: "That would be nice. Farewell, Vivianna."
[7:30 PM] Jaxx On: Angel, having finished his business in the tent, walks out to look around some more.
[7:32 PM] M I K A: ==END RP==




No comments:

Post a Comment