Friday, September 16, 2016

74: The Appeal of Serving

Featuring: Levia, Kazama

September 16, 2016
[3:05 PM] Amasuro: With her hands and feet still binded in front of her, Levia lazed on top of her wagon prison. It wasn't the most thrilling thing in the world, but feeling relatively safe, Levia glances around at her surroudings while entertaining herself with her own thoughts. I don't think Joshua killed everyone who stayed behind. Thats good. Least I have something to look forward to when I...finally get out of here. Somehow.
[3:07 PM] AOMRocks20: There's the sound of someone clearing their throat behind her.
[3:09 PM] Amasuro: Levia flips her head up to look at the person behind her. The figure completely upside down.
[3:10 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama is standing behind her, seemingly to have just appeared, holding a tray of food from the mess treehouse. "Levia."
[3:11 PM] Amasuro: "Mmm? Me?" She turns her whole body around, peering curiously at Kazama before noticing the food in his hands. "...Oh! Did you bring that for meeee?"
[3:12 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods, slowly kneeling. "I did, yes."
[3:14 PM] Amasuro: "Wow! Did you plan to untie me too? I can't really eat that without you doing so."
[3:17 PM] AOMRocks20: "Not entirely true. I can feed it to you." He holds up the small wooden cup of water.
[3:19 PM] Amasuro: "Well, I...umm. I guess you could. If you don't mind doing something as embarassing as that, I suppose." She blinked at him. "Do I know you from somewhere?"
[3:20 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm your brother's coworker." He holds the cup up to her lips.
[3:22 PM] Amasuro: "Oh. Huh." She seems prepared to drink the cup of water, before pulling her head back. "H-hey, wait a second. Brother's coworker, huh? How do I know this water isn't poisoned?"
[3:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "...do you take me for a coward, Miss Levia?"
[3:25 PM] Amasuro: She looked at him, wide eyed. "Gee, I don't know, coworker. I just met you!"
[3:27 PM] AOMRocks20: "If I were a coward--if I truly wanted to kill you--I would have spread word throughout the camp of you and demand your hanging from a treehouse, or just slit your throat."
[3:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "Attempting to poison you would be a great waste of poison, now that I think of it."
[3:29 PM] Amasuro: Joshua is probably suuuuuper embarassed to have a sibling like me anyway. Hehe. "I...guess." "..." "Heeeeeeeeey, whats that supposed to mean?!"
[3:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "There are many more high-value targets that I could be using poison on. So, drink."
[3:31 PM] Amasuro: "What do you mean...I'm not...a high-value..." Her voice trails off, mumbling angrily to herself by the end. "...Geh, I'm thirsty," she finally concludes before taking a sip of water.
[3:33 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama tilts the cup forward to help her drink.
[3:34 PM] Amasuro: She hungrily gulps the water down, until the cup is empty.
[3:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "...hrm. You truly are thirsty." He places the cup down. "So... Joshua never told me quite why his sister turned to banditry."
[3:43 PM] Amasuro: "Hehe, I'm surprised he admited it at all. Joshua was always so uptight about his honor and whatever."
[3:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "He is too uptight. He thinks that just because you dishonor his family, he is dishonorable."
[3:46 PM] Amasuro: "Heh, I like the way you think, coworker!"
[3:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "My name is Kazama." He skewers some of the food with a fork and holds it to her lips.
[3:49 PM] Amasuro: "Right right," she says, disinterested in the name as Levia chomps the food off the fork. "Nomnomnom."
[3:51 PM] AOMRocks20: He takes another forkful, preparing it. "So.... how you became a bandit."
[3:53 PM] Amasuro: This guy looks like...mmm, I can't remember where I've seen that type of armor before. Oh, maybe he's a Spear Fighter...yeah, I can tell Spear Fighters. They're pretty cool. She swallows the mouthful of food in her mouth before speaking, "well, I was kinda bored."
[3:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "...with your life as a commoner?"
[3:57 PM] Amasuro: "Yeah. I just kinda, wanted to do whatever, you know?" She looks hungrily at the next forkfull of food.
[3:57 PM] AOMRocks20: "...so you fled to the jungle." He moves the next bite inches from her lips.
[3:59 PM] Amasuro: "Mmm." She opens her mouth to eat at the food.
[3:59 PM] AOMRocks20: He slides it into her mouth.
[3:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "And you have... sought others who wanted to live a similar life?"
[4:01 PM] Amasuro: "Nom...nom" She stares blankly at Kazama before swallowing the food. "Sought...others? Oh! Oh, well I suppose I was, if you look at it like that."
[4:02 PM] AOMRocks20: He gets another bite in the prongs. "So you did not want followers, at first?"
[4:03 PM] Amasuro: "I didn't really care, I guess. I do my thing, and they do theirs. And I suppose we ended up doing the same thing!"
[4:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "And they started following you? Why?"
[4:06 PM] Amasuro: "'Cause I was better than them," she seems quite smug as she says this.
[4:06 PM] AOMRocks20: "...at murdering people and robbing them of their possessions."
[4:07 PM] Amasuro: "Yep!"
[4:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "How did any of the jungle's predators not kill you? When did you escape into the jungle?"
[4:09 PM] Amasuro: "You ask a loooooooooot of questions. Come on, food, food. I'm hungryyyyyyy, coworker."
[4:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps I do not think you respectful enough to deserve food."
[4:11 PM] Amasuro: "Oh...phooey. Fine. I escaped here about...uhh...like nine years ago, or something. Joshua was really mopey at the time for some reason, so I just felt like wandering off." She looked upwards. "Think that was after I accidentally injured a guy 'cause he wouldn't let me rob him."
[4:13 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama gives her another bite.
[4:13 PM] Amasuro: And she hungrily devours the food.
[4:14 PM] AOMRocks20: He slowly pulls it out of her mouth.(edited)
[4:15 PM] AOMRocks20: And spears another piece of food. "So. You attacked someone when you were younger?"
[4:17 PM] Amasuro: She nodded, "mom and dad were stifling my allowence. Something about droppin' out of school while brother trained to become a retainer, or something." Her mouth furls into a slight frown, "Joshua didn't deserve more than me, just cause he excelled at everything. So, I decided to just...take some more funds for myself."
[4:17 PM] AOMRocks20: "...by robbing someone. Instead of getting a job."
[4:17 PM] Amasuro: "Well its a lot easier."
[4:18 PM] AOMRocks20: "Apparently not."
[4:19 PM] Amasuro: "Hmph, how would you know anyway."
[4:21 PM] AOMRocks20: "...perhaps you're right." I shouldn't tell people about that anyway. "So, how'd you survive for 9 years in the jungle?"
[4:27 PM] Amasuro: "Oh, its not so bad in here. I usually stay in this small village. Its been my home ever since these guys brought me here." She seems to drift into another thought. "Though they did seem pretty upset at first when they got beaten by a thirteen year old girl. That was fun."
[4:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "How did you beat them at such a young age?"
[4:29 PM] Amasuro: "Magic! That and they kinda sucked. No wonder I started getting a following after a while."
[4:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "You knew magic at thirteen?"
[4:33 PM] Amasuro: "Yeah, why not. Oy, don't skip out on my food, coworker!" She hops up and down on her seat. "And you've asked me tons of things, but you haven't told me anything about yourself! Like, like how long you knew my brother."
[4:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "Since I began servicing Lady Ellis."
[4:35 PM] AOMRocks20: He feeds her another forkful.
[4:37 PM] Amasuro: And she eats it happily. "...Mmmgh...oh yeah...guess being a coworker makes you...a retainer too. Hmph, retainership. Why do it?"
[4:38 PM] AOMRocks20: He shrugs. "I was trained to. Ever since..." Kazama squints, suddenly looking out of focus.
[4:40 PM] Amasuro: She tilts her head at him, "you're gettin' kinda quiet there, coworker."
[4:42 PM] AOMRocks20: He doesn't respond. There it is again, that itch, right in the back of his mind. He's been trained to serve, ever since... ever since... when? Five thousand years ago? Eight thousand? Twelve? Did he really know this girl in front of him, or her brother? Was Freyzenwald ever a kingdom in its own right? Memories started to blend together... Kazama grunted, holding his head.
[4:43 PM] Amasuro: "You sick or somethin'? You don't look very well, there. Say, why don't you untie me, and leave the rest of the food here, huh?"
[4:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "Rngh..." Kazama looked up. "...no. Lev... Levia..." He blinked several times, then held out another forkful of food.
[6:27 PM] Amasuro: "I was just tryin' to be nice," she mumbles, eating the new forkful.
[6:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "I... nngh. I have not experienced that for a... long time... what were we talking about?"
[6:30 PM] Amasuro: "What do you mean 'what were we talking about'? You getting old or something, coworker? Anyway, we were just talking about how you planned to untie me. Nothing big."
[6:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, we weren't.
[6:32 PM] Amasuro: "Can't blame me for trying."
[6:32 PM] AOMRocks20: "Be serious, Levia. We were discussing something."
[6:34 PM] Amasuro: "I don't-, ugh. It was your retainership. I asked about it then you went all weird on me."(edited)
[6:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "What about it?"
[6:35 PM] Amasuro: "I dunno, you just said 'ever since'."
[6:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Ah, yes! Ever since my training, I was destined to serve someone."
[6:38 PM] Amasuro: This guys insane... "Destined? Why would you want to do that. Serving someone."
[6:38 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama shrugs. "Why do you want to rob people?"
[6:39 PM] Amasuro: "Cause that actually has some appeal to it?"
[6:40 PM] AOMRocks20: "I was taught the appeal of serving humans."
[6:41 PM] Amasuro: "What a weird thing to teach. What, did they only teach you to serve humans? Not like, a manakete or something." She giggles at her own joke, completely unaware.
[6:42 PM] AOMRocks20: "...why would I serve someone who wouldn't die?"
[6:42 PM] Amasuro: "Why not? Does it make a difference?"
[6:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. You'd have to maybe conspire, plot, and even get discovered if you were going to be freed from servitude."
[6:46 PM] Amasuro: "Yeeeeah, but you said you were taught to serve humans, so why would you want to leave? See, thats why my hobbies are better. You never get bored of robbing people."
[6:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "Unless you're Dwabi, you never get killed serving humans."
[6:48 PM] Amasuro: "Never is a preeeetty strong word, you know. How are you so sure about that? And where's my food."
[6:49 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, I've known people who have served humans long before your parents were born." He feeds her a bit more.
[6:51 PM] Amasuro: "Wow, that must make you preeeeetty old th-..." "..."
[6:51 PM] Amasuro: "Wait a second."
[6:51 PM] Amasuro: "You don't look that old," she mumbles, confused as she eats the food.
[6:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "...so?"
[6:53 PM] Amasuro: "Whaddya mean, 'so'? Human's can't look that young when they're supposed to be as old as you!" She grumbles, "how old did you think my parents were? ...How old do you think I am?"
[6:54 PM] AOMRocks20: "Twenty-two years old."
[6:54 PM] Amasuro: "...Well that's correct, but answer the important question!"
[6:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "I think you should eat your food." He continues to feed her.
[6:56 PM] Amasuro: "Well, perhaps I do not think you respectful enough to deserve me eating your food!" ... Wait it doesn't work that way.
[6:57 PM] AOMRocks20: "Then I'll just leave you bound in the middle of the jungle, then. Perhaps you could graze like a cow."
[6:58 PM] Amasuro: "That's not nice! Just...just give me that next forkful. ...Please."
[6:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama does so.
[6:59 PM] Amasuro: And she eats it happily. "...You were kidding about comparing me to a cow, right?"
[7:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'll think about it." He gives her another forkful.
[7:00 PM] Amasuro: "You shouldn't need to think about that..." She eats the forkful.
[7:01 PM] AOMRocks20: "Maybe I'll make an exception in your case, for Joshua."
[7:03 PM] Amasuro: "Why, thank you kindly. A guy like you is so nice, he'd probably be nice enough to untie these binds around my hands."
[7:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "Not a chance." He hovers the last forkful out of reach.
[7:05 PM] Amasuro: She chomps towards the forkful, failing to reach it. "...Uuuungh, if you're not going to untie me at least put the fork closer."
[7:06 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckles. "Say my name."
[7:08 PM] Amasuro: "Your name? Why?"
[7:12 PM] AOMRocks20: "Because you want to eat food."
[7:15 PM] Amasuro: "I don't have to eat food. You can't just bribe me with something so trivial just to get me to do whatever you say!" "..." "..." "..." "...Mmmmmmmmgh, Kazama. Your name is Kazama."
[7:15 PM] AOMRocks20: He gives her the last forkful, keeping the fork in her mouth.
[7:16 PM] Amasuro: She chomps down onto the food, having trouble chewing it with the fork still in her mouth. "Mmghmmghmmgh..."
[7:17 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama takes the fork, tray, and cup in his hands. "Good talking to you Levia."
[7:17 PM] Amasuro: "Mmgh, yeah. Thanks for the food!"
[7:18 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. Be good." He vanishes.
[7:18 PM] AOMRocks20: Along with the tray and cup and utensils.
[7:20 PM] Amasuro: Levia just sits there, stunned. Blinking as Kazama dissappeared in front of her. ...Wow. Hey, I wonder if he'll teach me how to do that! Levia wiggled up and peered over the side of the wagon, amidst yelling from the guard, looking for where Kazama went.
[7:20 PM] Amasuro: ==End RP==



No comments:

Post a Comment