Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Paralogue 8: Why Don't We Spar




Featuring: Claire, Tori, Sula, Leodin, Mund, Vivianna


[1:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: The next day, Claire revisit the castle, alone. She recalls the training grounds and decided that some practise should help keep her skills fresh
[1:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: She finishes her stretches and begins practising basic swings with her sheathed sword
[1:49 PM] Shiraho: Tori wandered into the castle grounds. The training area at home had a lot of open space and plenty of equipment, but lacked training partners. While most castle soldiers were no match for her, any partner was better than none.
[1:51 PM] Shiraho: She entered the training area and saw a familiar face training by herself in the middle of the room.
[1:52 PM] Shiraho: "Claire?"
[1:54 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire is too focused on her training to realize someone is calling her(edited)
[1:57 PM] Shiraho: Thinking she was being ignored, Tori grabbed a training sword nearby and readied herself to land a surprise attack on Claire.(edited)
[1:58 PM] Kwakado: His pitch-black pegasus as secure as it could be in the heart of Freyzenwald, Sula wandered into the training grounds, humming to himself. Perhaps he could find some interesting mages or even a fellow Dwabi here?(edited)
[2:00 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Stopping for a quick break, Claire realized that things were a bit too quiet, she took a quick scan of the grounds, and noticed Tori. "Oh, Tori! When did you get here?
[2:02 PM] Shiraho: Tori was about to move in, but stopped herself when Claire called out to her. "Just now actually, I shouted for you but seemed like you didn't hear me" Tori lowered her weapon.
[2:03 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh did you? Sorry, I tend to focus too much into training, I lose track of a lot of things."
[2:04 PM] Shiraho: "Well I can't say that's a bad thing. Sometimes I wish I could say the same for myself."
[2:05 PM] REWlego: Leodin decided to do some training with his own blade. He's used practice weapons, but it's been a while since he's worked on perfecting his technique with his own weapon
[2:05 PM] Kwakado: Sula stands rather prominently towards the center of the grounds, feeling the foreign grass with his feet, and begins praying: "Keiji-i to the gods, and the spirits, and the soil. Kwemo-Kwemi."
[2:06 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I think it's better that you don't zone out when training, if some came in to harm or kill me, I may not notice until it's too late."
[2:06 PM] REWlego: Leodin steps out onto the edge of the training area, seeing Sula and jogs over to him
[2:07 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Is that Sula?" Claire turns to Sula as he prays
[2:08 PM] Shiraho: "I believe so"
[2:08 PM] Shiraho: "Who's that running toward him?"
[2:08 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Should we greet them?"
[2:08 PM] REWlego: "Sula! What a coincidence, you're just the man I was trying to find."
[2:09 PM] Shiraho: "You go ahead, I'll follow"
[2:09 PM] Kwakado: "Leo-e--din!" Sula coughs. "The first blessing of the day, my friend!"
[2:10 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire walks over to the two. "Good day, Sula. Did you come here to train?"
[2:11 PM] REWlego: "So, Sula... I wanted to ask you something about last ni---" Leodin sees the others and stops
[2:11 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "And I don't believe we met yet, I am Claire. And this is Tori" she gestures to herself and Tori
[2:12 PM] Shiraho: "Hello"
[2:12 PM] Kwakado: "Kwemo, my friends!" Sula steps to the side, extending a palm to the man and the women as if to bring them together.
[2:12 PM] REWlego: "Nice to meet you, my name is Leodin."
[2:14 PM] Kwakado: "Leo-din is a good friend. No Dwabi in him, but that is only his father's mistake, ha ha ha!"(edited)
[2:16 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Ah, If you don't mind telling, what does Dwabi mean?"
[2:18 PM] Kwakado: Sula rolls his sleeves up, showing his intricately tattooed arms with a suntan of a thousand generations. "Dwabi is me. My people. Faaaar to the west, in a land with no kings or castles. But lots of good food!"
[2:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "So Dwabi is the land you come from?" Claire asks curiously(edited)
[2:21 PM] Kwakado: Sula nods. "Dwabi is the land of the Dwabi. Maybe it is simple...but we do not worry so much about land the way they do here. Less Nanyo that way, less killing."
[2:23 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Nanyo... Is war?" she guesses
[2:26 PM] Kwakado: "Yes, yes. And much more." His smile clenches harder. "But let us not fill our heads with such thoughts today." He reaches for an old, leathery scroll at the side of his flashy red robe.(edited)
[2:28 PM] Shiraho: "What do you have there Sula?"
[2:30 PM] Kwakado: Sula smirks a bit as he starts to unravel it. "The wisdom of my people, of course..." He glances slyly at Leodin as he clears his throat to recite something
[2:30 PM] Kwakado: "The hand that is ready to train / Stands tall to the wind and the rain"
[2:33 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "That sounds like something my father would say." Claire gives a light chuckle
[2:34 PM] Kwakado: " The hand that is unprepared / Will end up..." Sula whips the scroll down, then extends his arm towards the masked man "Medium Rare!" And he unleashes an ethereal ox from the scroll, which charges through the air at Leodin(edited)
[2:35 PM] REWlego: Leodin falls backwards and lands on his hands, getting back up "Very funny, Sula..."
[2:37 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire jumped back and pulled out her sword, but didn't do anything when she saw no real harm was done
[2:38 PM] Shiraho: Tori was bemused by the display, but didn't say anything because she was about to do the same earlier.
[2:39 PM] Kwakado: Sula pulls his other hand behind his head and continues his stampede of spirits, not quite aiming at Leodin but attempting to drive him further back "Come on, Leo-din! We cannot just get fat on strawberries and stew! Wo-u-lo! Train with me, boy!"(edited)
[2:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "They appear to be training, in their own way." Claire steps over to Tori
[2:42 PM] REWlego: Leodin moves out of the way "I didn't realize you wanted to battle with me... You don't seem to have the proper armor to be dealing with a swordsman" Leodin unsheathes his jet-black sword. "But if you insist."
[2:42 PM] REWlego: And I didn't have any of the strawberries...
[2:42 PM] Shiraho: "This ought be fun to watch"
[2:43 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire sets her sword down and watches
[2:44 PM] Shiraho: Tori put the training sword back where it belongs and stood next to Claire.
[2:46 PM] Kwakado: Sula strafes out from Tori and Claire, launching cow after cow to maintain as much distance as possible..and separate the two pairs(edited)
[2:46 PM] REWlego: Not really able to block ethereal creatures, Leodin dodges and rolls around all of them
[2:47 PM] REWlego: I'm much more capable with this blade than the training swords...
[2:48 PM] Kwakado: "I fear no Nanyo demons - Sula is a holy man! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Somewhat ironically, the cattle herd the man further and further out of earshot. Sula starts to close in
[2:48 PM] Kwakado: =========Cont. in C5 ========(edited)
[2:50 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well while they're practising, why don't we spar?"
[2:51 PM] Shiraho: "Well that was why we came here in the first place."(edited)
[2:51 PM] Shiraho: Tori went back over and grabbed a training sword for Claire. "Do you prefer I use a lance or a sword?"
[2:52 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Whatever you feel comfortable with."
[2:53 PM] Shiraho: Well I wanted to train with lances today but guess I'll use a sword since I don't know how strong Claire is Tori took a second sword, gave the first one to Claire, and readied herself.
[2:54 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire practises some swings with the training sword and assumes her stance
[3:02 PM] Shiraho: Tori kneeled lower and rushed in with her sword aimed at Claire's stomach.
[3:07 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire went in at the same time with her own stab to the stomach. But due to her shorter reach, Tori's sword landed its mark before Claire could land her's. Having lost her momentum, Claire jumps back
[3:08 PM] [SPICY] bemun: And goes right back in, dipping to the right, and bringing her sword up for a wide upward slash.
[3:10 PM] Shiraho: Clumsy, but after that last hit I can understand why. Tori quickly brought in the far end of her sword to block.
[3:11 PM] Shiraho: She then swung her sword sideways aiming for Claire's side.
[3:13 PM] [SPICY] bemun: As soon as their swords met, Claire saw the counterattack coming and rolled to the same side that the swing was coming from
[3:14 PM] [SPICY] bemun: After standing up, she went for a straight lunge
[3:16 PM] Shiraho: Tori was caught slightly off balance after missing her attack but quickly found her balance again and made a wide swing upward to throw Claire's lunge off course.
[3:17 PM] Shiraho: At the first opportunity, Tori swung downward.
[3:19 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Critical hit! Claire's sword flew off, leaving her defenceless. Losing her balance, she falls on her backside(edited)
[3:19 PM] Shiraho: Tori stopped just before landing the hit.
[3:21 PM] Shiraho: She put out a hand toward Claire. "That was tough. Sorry if I scared you with that last swing , old habit.
[3:24 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "No it's fine" she said as she grabbed Tori's hand to pull herself up. "You were simply fighting better than I was."
[3:27 PM] Shiraho: "Would it be true if I said you'd likely have beaten me if you used your sword.?"
[3:28 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire thinks for a moment. "My sword is indeed much different than these, but who can tell? The advantages and disadvantages that would be cause by my sword may change the results, or it may not."
[3:30 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "But we shall find out another time, that first hit hurts quite a bit." she lifts her shirt to reveal a nasty bruise on her chest.(edited)
[3:32 PM] Shiraho: "That looks bad. Let's see if the castle doctor can do something about that."
[3:34 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I'll be fine. I usually wear underarmour beneath my clothing when I'm not armoured. No need to fret, I'm used to injuries like these."
[3:36 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Bravo, Miss Tori! An incredible victory, I might say!" Mund was spectating the fight, without the two women realising it. He was clapping as well.(edited)
[3:38 PM] Shiraho: "Oh Mund, when did you get here?"
[3:41 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Not a while ago... I think it was right after the match started. Should've brought some kind of snack, but, oh well!" He sighs and waves to Claire. "Greetings. You might know my name, but I'm Mund. And who might you be?"
[3:43 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire gives a light bow. "I am Claire, pleasure to meet you, Mund, was it?"
[3:47 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Correct!" He made a pause, to think of a new topic. He got what he thought to be a nice starting point "You two are friends or something?"(edited)
[3:47 PM] Shiraho: "You could say that I guess, I met her while she was looking for a friend."
[3:48 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "I...guess friend is the term we would use."
[3:48 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "So yes, we are friends."
[3:51 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I see..." He became silent, without knowing what to say...
[3:52 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He started to sweat for a bit, creating conversations was always so hard with him.(edited)
[3:55 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Um, are you alright?"
[3:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Me? Oh, I'm fine!"
[3:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I think..."
[3:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: However an idea crossed in his chaotic mind.
[3:57 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I have an idea, does someone want to spar against me?"
[3:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "You know, since we are on training fields and all. It might help me to think better, too!"(edited)
[3:58 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I think..."
[3:59 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Sure, if you think it'll help your thoughts, I would be more than happy to spar you!"
[3:59 PM] Shiraho: "No Claire, you're injured. I'll take you on Mund."
[4:01 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Well, you're right, I shouldn't push myself like that."(edited)
[4:02 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "If you said so. Then, I'll accept your challenge, Miss Tori!"(edited)
[4:02 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "By the way, what will you use for this match?"
[4:03 PM] Shiraho: "Well I've already practiced using a sword, so I'll use a lance this time. And you?"
[4:05 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund looks around the training weaponery, trying to find a weapon to his taste. He searches for a bit and there it was: a training bow, with some arrows, to.
[4:05 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I guess I'll use this. Closest thing to what I'm confortable with."
[4:06 PM] Shiraho: "All right then." Tori exchanged the two training swords for a lance.
[4:07 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "By the way, do these arrows damage people? They are only dummy ones, correct?"(edited)
[4:07 PM] Shiraho: "Well if it lands in a bad place it could it mean trouble."
[4:08 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I'll try my best, but let me warn you that I'm not the best archer around."
[4:09 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He moves to the training arena, awaiting for his challenger.
[4:10 PM] Shiraho: Tori moved to a spot with more room, then took her stance, holding her lance up as if it were a tall shield and she standing behind it.
[4:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: As soon the fight started, Mund quickly picked one of the arrows and aimed towards Tori, without any mercy.
[4:17 PM] Shiraho: Tori swatter the arrow away with the pole of her lance as she charged at Mund.
[4:17 PM] Shiraho: Tori lunged at Mund.
[4:23 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund was surprised with Tori's defense. It seemed that he understimated her a little, but there was not time for smugness. He saw the young woman's lunge and avoided it with some ease.(edited)
[4:32 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He shot another arrow, to test his luck once again.
[4:47 PM] Shiraho: Tori turned in the direction and saw Mund prepare his bow so when he released his arrow, she was able to quickly sidestep it.
[4:50 PM] Shiraho: She charged at Mund again but this time swung her lance diagonally upward.
[4:56 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Damn it! I really need to focus, she read my last move like a book... As soon he stopped to talk to himself, he saw that Tori was in her attacking range. He felt that he had to backstep and it was a good decision, because her attack almost scratched his torso.
[4:57 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: He started his third assault, this time he took a risk and did it at close range. Okay, third time's the charm... Deep breaths, Mund, aaaaaand... FIRE!(edited)
[5:03 PM] Shiraho: Not only did that attack miss, but Tori now found herself in an awkward position and it was only made worse when she noticed that Mund was ready to seize the opportunity. She took a clean hit to the stomach.
[5:04 PM] Shiraho: She was able to recover and quickly brought her lance down on Mund.
[5:09 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund knew the risks: by watching Tori's fight, he knew that she would, most likely, hit him at that range, specially with a lance. He was able to dodge most of the attack, but Tori's attack was far more and he took an hit in his right leg.
[5:15 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Okay, that hit the spot. Thankfully, her attack was nothing major, so I think I can still move my leg, for now. Mund decided to test something, so he took 3 arrows from his quill and shot them in fast succession.(edited)
[5:22 PM] Shiraho: Tori quickly put her lance back in position, but when she looked up to where Mund was and saw the first arrow already flying toward her, she could not react fast enough and it hit her on the chest. She then saw that Mund had fired two more arrows but was able to knock them away just in time.
[5:26 PM] Shiraho: She thought about charging him again but stopped herself. "We should stop here. Too much training is more detrimental than helpful."
[5:28 PM] Shiraho: She turned to Claire "We should rest up at the bathhouse after cleaning up here."
[5:29 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: After hearing, Mund thought for a bit. He wanted to continue the fight, sparing was always fun. But when your adversary is not really feeling it, then it makes no sense to continue. "I'm not fully warmed up, but I understand. Let's stop, as you said."
[5:30 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask if you knew where that is..." Claire sheepishly blushes. "I kind of haven't bathed since I got here..."
[5:31 PM] Shiraho: "Sounds like someone I know" Tori glared at Mund.
[5:32 PM] Shiraho: Tori put away her lance.
[5:32 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Hey! I took one since I arrived here!"
[5:33 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Let me help cleaning the room, at least." He turns to the two young women. "How do you two feel, by the way?"
[5:33 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Sweaty"
[5:34 PM] Shiraho: "It's been a while since I got hurt this badly during training."
[5:37 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "I'll take these words as praise for my battling skills." He then makes a more serious expression. "However, if you feel that hurt, maybe you should see someone before you go do... that tabuu activity."
[5:38 PM] Shiraho: "Right, we can leave whenever Claire."
[5:39 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Tabuu activity?"
[5:39 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire tilts her head to the side
[5:40 PM] Shiraho: Tori let out a chuckle "That's just his way of saying bathing"
[5:41 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: "Ugh... Don't say that word!"
[5:41 PM] [SPICY] bemun: "Oh, I see." Claire chuckles. "Well I guess we should go as early as possible, if we don't want to be there too late."
[5:42 PM] Shiraho: "Of course, see you around Mund." Tori exits the training area and led the way to the bathhouse.
[5:43 PM] [SPICY] bemun: Claire exits with tori
[5:45 PM] EndumAndTheWorld: Mund says goodbye to the two women. He was about to exit the castel's training grounds, but after seeing that it was still a mess, he decides to spend his time there. "A little cleaning doesn't hurt a bit, I guess..."(edited)
[5:56 PM] Shiraho: =================end rp=================




[2:49 PM] REWlego: "Sula, you realize that I won't strike you if you're not even wearing proper armor."
[2:50 PM] Kwakado: "Ha ha, thank you, milord. But I wonder if you could make it look like a near miss." Sula lets up a little, circling around towards the edge of the grounds
[2:51 PM] REWlego: Leodin slowly moves towards Sula, keeping his blade ready.
[2:52 PM] REWlego: "Don't doubt my abilities with this weapon... I've trained for years with this single blade."
[2:53 PM] Kwakado: Sula hops back, sending a downward cow towards Leodin's legs. "I should hope so, Leo-din. Defeating me is not a difficult challenge, ha! So you may skip to the interrogation."(edited)
[2:56 PM] REWlego: Leodin appears to dance around the cattle at his feet "Well, I'm sure you can do better than that!"(edited)
[3:00 PM] Kwakado: Sula ceases fire for a moment. The crimson cattle flying past Leodin melt into astral mist, creating a shimmering smokescreen around them. "Did you know that before I found Shimi-e..." With a snap of the wrist, a woven red cord flies out of the Ox Spirit and over Sula's hand." "...I could tell people's futures?"(edited)
[3:01 PM] REWlego: "I don't believe you've ever told me that, no."
[3:05 PM] REWlego: Leodin runs at Sula and knocks him with the hilt of his sword
[3:07 PM] Kwakado: Sula takes a hit to the sternum, sending him sliding back as he wobbles side to side. "Yes, yes, and I still do it a little bit. But the future..." Sula keeps his balance, the Ox spirit whirling around like a propeller with its cord wrapped around his calloused wrist. "Not looking good right now."
[3:08 PM] Kwakado: The scroll spinning so fast it appears to have split in four, Sula unleashes a furious bull at Leodin, much faster than the rest. "Block this one, Leo-e! Believe in Kwemo!"
[3:15 PM] REWlego: Leodin gets into a defensive stance as the ethereal bull seems to split down his blade, with the red jewel in the center shimmering from the vaporous creature "To be honest, I didn't think that was going to work..."
[3:16 PM] Kwakado: Sula, panting, falls backwards, barely pushing himself back up with his other hand. "Ah, but your heart knew. That is why cough it worked."
[3:20 PM] REWlego: "You okay? Didn't mean t-" Leodin cuts himself off as he swings his sword at Sula's feet, being careful to use the flat side of the weapon, so that Sula doesn't get amputated
[3:23 PM] Kwakado: Sula's dirt-caked foot rears up, then down, driving Leodin's blade into the ground. "You're no trickster, demon-boy!" He gave Leodin a swat in the face with his scroll, then dove away
[3:24 PM] REWlego: "What kind of fighting is that?"
[3:25 PM] Kwakado: "The kind they don't got on the mainland, ha ha ha!" With Leodin's blade still stuck for now, Sula released another Ox at him - a little thinner than the ones before.
[3:27 PM] REWlego: Leodin, trying to pull his weapon out of the ground, yanks it free... and then is flung down to the ground
[3:27 PM] REWlego: "That was a cheap shot, and you know it!"
[3:28 PM] Kwakado: "That's how the real tricksters do it, Leo-din!"
[3:29 PM] REWlego: Leodin runs at Sula and rolls around him, sending a kick straight at the man's back
[3:31 PM] Kwakado: Sula is sent hurtling to the ground, but breaks into a roll, then a full-blown run
[3:31 PM] REWlego: "That's how you do a cheap shot!"(edited)
[3:33 PM] Kwakado: Sula stops, and turns around, letting Leodin get dangerously close. He brings his scroll arm out... ("Let's see if I got this trick right, Kazuya...") ..and sends a pulse of raw magic from his other hand towards his foe.(edited)
[3:36 PM] REWlego: Leodin brings his blade up and slashes straight through the attack, the red jewel glowing even brighter
[3:37 PM] REWlego: "Okay, I think we've made it clear that I can defend against your attacks... Do you mind if we talk now?"
[3:39 PM] Kwakado: Sula falls back into the grass, almost crashing his head into the nearby wall. "Y-yeah, pant as you wish milord"
[3:40 PM] REWlego: Leodin sheathes his blade and walks over to Sula. He reaches out a hand to help him get back up.
[3:41 PM] Kwakado: Sula waves him back with a palm. "Ba-ba. I gotta feel the earth here. Feel the Nanyo."
[3:43 PM] REWlego: "Right..." Leodin sits down next to Sula
[3:44 PM] Kwakado: "...." Sula frowns. "I am glad you are not a soldier here, Leo-e."
[3:44 PM] REWlego: "Oh? Why is that?"
[3:44 PM] Kwakado: "You said it yourself, na? 'I could not stay in Khlin anymore.'"
[3:45 PM] REWlego: He winced at the sound of hearing Leo(edited)
[3:45 PM] Kwakado: "The spirits, they have told me...a lot of Frey-zen soldiers will be coming there."
[3:47 PM] REWlego: "As long as they're helping the rebellion.... I don't plan on going back to Khlin for a long time."
[3:48 PM] Kwakado: "Ba-ba!" Sharp, as if commanding Shimi to fly. "What have you been fighting for, boy! You want your people to die?!"
[3:49 PM] REWlego: "No! Of course not... I just hope that the soldiers aren't helping the nobles in Intetsu... They're too rich for their own good."
[3:51 PM] Kwakado: "Maybe so." Sula clutched his head with one hand, the scroll with his other. "Maybe no. But if you want no part in this Wo-u-lo, then do not put your roots in Freyzenwald."
[3:52 PM] REWlego: "I'm not planning on staying here long... I'm actually heading to Nohr after this party is over."
[3:55 PM] Kwakado: "Nanyo after Nanyo-u?" Sula sat up, groggily. "You keep running after dark kingdoms, Leo-din. Why not somewhere nice? Why not Dwabi?"
[3:56 PM] REWlego: "Well, I made a promise to a friend that I intend to keep...." Leodin remembers why he came here in the first place "Speaking of friends, I wanted to ask you about something that happened last night."
[3:58 PM] Kwakado: "Shimi-e was just playing, boy. You know she does not hate you." He looks out at the little bits of magic energy still fading away. "Not that different from you and I."(edited)
[3:58 PM] REWlego: "That's not what I was talking about..."
[3:59 PM] Kwakado: "Uu?"
[4:00 PM] REWlego: "After I had finished riding Shimi, Vivianna kept talking to me like I was too rough on her... Do you have any idea why she would have been led to think that?"
[4:01 PM] Kwakado: "Ommmm...." Sula hummed for a few dozen seconds, wondering if he would be cut off.
[4:02 PM] REWlego: Leodin watches Sula, knowing that he does strange things like this, but he grows impatient(edited)
[4:03 PM] Kwakado: "mm...I wonder. Perhaps she is tricking you?"
[4:04 PM] Kwakado: Sula smirks
[4:04 PM] REWlego: "Sula... I don't think she would do that."
[4:04 PM] Kwakado: "Why not? Are you telling me she is stupid, then, to say such things?"(edited)
[4:22 PM] REWlego: "No!..... no. I'm questioning who or what lead her to think that.... You were there, so I thought you would have some insight."
[4:24 PM] Kwakado: Sula recalled the warrior-woman's words: "To control one's self takes strength / To control others takes force." Sula's eyes met Leodin's. "I wonder if Vivi has never tasted either."(edited)
[4:29 PM] REWlego: "I don't think that's true.... Why do you think that?"
[4:32 PM] Kwakado: "She rode Shimi-e, just like you...and yet so different." Sula gave him an honest, perplexed look. "I can say no more than she can about your ride. Neither of us knows how to take control of her...so maybe I should be asking you, ha ha."
[4:34 PM] REWlego: Leodin thinks about what Sula said for a moment "So, you're saying that I could control Shimi better than the two of you? But it looks so natural when you fly."
[4:36 PM] Kwakado: "You almost see it now. In nature, boy, the only law is Kwemo hey Nanyo. No kings. No councils. No control. Not like Khlin, you see." Sula closed his eyes. "Or Nohr."
[4:38 PM] REWlego: "So... I still don't understand what led Vivianna to believe that I was being rough on Shimi... Did someone tell her that?"
[4:41 PM] Kwakado: "I told her as much as I could. Her eyes told her the rest." Another hum as his feet flattened. "She does not understand why Shimi-e did not need her force. And neither do I."
[4:41 PM] REWlego: "But... is that a good thing, or a bad thing that Shimi needed force from me?"
[4:43 PM] Kwakado: "It is not...bad. I-" Sula crumples the leather scroll in his fist. "I have to ask. What is it your eyes tell you of that girl?"
[4:44 PM] REWlego: "W-what do you mean by that?"
[4:45 PM] Kwakado: Sula's eyes seemed to lunge forward."Answer."
[4:48 PM] REWlego: Leodin lowers his voice "I... well, I think it's safe to say that Vivianna is a beautiful woman..."
[4:49 PM] Kwakado: Cutting him off.. "Fine, fine. What about your heart? Ask it, "Who is Viviann-u".
[4:53 PM] REWlego: I suppose Sula is a good friend, I can tell him... "I-I'm questioning myself whether I'd..... whether I'd like to be more than friends..." Leodin looks away from Sula after saying this "Why do you want to know?"
[4:56 PM] Kwakado: Sula stows his scroll as his eyes bore into the mask of The Bold. "There is one thing that I can tell you. But you must not tell Vivi."
[4:56 PM] REWlego: "I... okay....?"
[4:56 PM] REWlego: Leodin looks back at Sula in curiosity
[4:57 PM] Kwakado: "I have only met... Two women...With the power to ride Shimi-e better than I."
[4:58 PM] Kwakado: "The second one is Viviann-a. The first..."
[4:58 PM] Kwakado: Sula's hand, just emptied of its weapon, convulsed for a moment
[4:59 PM] Kwakado: "If I ever see her again...I will kill her myself."
[4:59 PM] REWlego: "Wait, are you saying that you also want to kill Vivianna?"
[5:00 PM] Kwakado: "....."
[5:00 PM] REWlego: "Your silence is very unsettling, Sula..."
[5:00 PM] Kwakado: Sula closed his eyes, then opened them. Smiling for a second, then stopped.
[5:01 PM] Kwakado: "The heart is like an egg, my lord. None can see what lies within. Only what comes out."
[5:02 PM] REWlego: Why does Sula always have to speak in riddles and metaphors?
[5:02 PM] Kwakado: The smile returned. "In Khlin terms, I have no idea. "
[5:04 PM] Kwakado: He looked up at the clouds. "Really, I wish for no one to die. And I can't judge someone just for singing and soup, now, can I?"
[5:05 PM] REWlego: "So... why is it that you and Vivianna have 'the power' to ride Shimi? Didn't you just say that you can't control her as much as I?"
[5:13 PM] Kwakado: "You've been away from home a long time, Leo-e. Forgot the words?" Sula either smirks or scowls. "* I have no idea.*"
[5:19 PM] REWlego: "Well... could you at least try to tell Vivianna that I'm not hurting Shimi? She doesn't seem to want to believe me when I tell her."
[5:19 PM] REWlego: "You are the 'pegasus master', after all."(edited)
[5:20 PM] Kwakado: "That? I suppose I can do that, ha! ha! ha! But not for you."
[5:20 PM] REWlego: "Not for me? Did I do something to make you not want to help me?"
[5:22 PM] Kwakado: "No, no! This is just my duty as a retainer of Khlin, of course!" He stretched his arms back.
[5:22 PM] Mika: Vivianna passes them, carrying a small towel and her long hair is tied up.
[5:25 PM] Kwakado: Noticing her fateful timing, he looks back to the young Lord. "After all, Lady Satomi would be glad to hear that I helped you get along with a girl like that! Ha ha ha ha ha~"
[5:25 PM] REWlego: Leodin sees Vivianna pass by the training area "Hold on a moment, is that Vivianna over there?"
[5:28 PM] Kwakado: "Good luck, milord, and Kwemo to the Stormblades' succession!"
[5:28 PM] REWlego: Leodin gets up "Please don't talk like that... But now's your chance to go tell Vivianna what we just talked about."
[5:32 PM] Kwakado: "Ba-ba, child. She will come to the Pegasus matter when she wonders of Pegasus mastery."
[5:32 PM] REWlego: You're such a great help.. not
[5:33 PM] REWlego: Leodin turns and tries to find Vivianna before she gets too far away
[5:33 PM] Kwakado: "One more thing!" he shouts, standing up.
[5:33 PM] REWlego: Leodin turns around and starts walking backwards
[5:34 PM] Kwakado: "Remember - The heart is like an egg. You only break it once!"
[5:35 PM] Kwakado: Sula gives a half-assed wave, and walks off towards the stable.
[5:36 PM] REWlego: Leodin walks out and finds Vivianna walking through the castle "Vivianna!"
[5:38 PM] Mika: "Huh? Oh Leodin, hi."
[5:38 PM] REWlego: "I... I just wanted to talk with you about what happened last night."
[5:42 PM] Mika: "Last night? Oh Shimie? What about it?"
[5:42 PM] REWlego: "Well.. you seemed to think that I was going very rough on Shimi, and I wanted to clear up any misconceptions."
[5:43 PM] Mika: "Ok..so Shimie wasn't trying to throw you off?"
[5:44 PM] REWlego: "Well, I... suppose that if I want you to understand, I'll need to let you know that last night wasn't my first time riding Shimi."
[5:45 PM] Mika: "Oh..And does she always act like that?"
[5:47 PM] REWlego: "Well, I've only ever seen you and Sula ride her, and you two looked so natural on her, but... Shimi used to be a very rambunctious pegasus, and still sometimes is without a certain kind of rider."
[5:50 PM] Mika: She nods. "I don't understand, maybe she just doesn't like you. Why force her to do something she doesn't want?"
[5:51 PM] REWlego: "I don't think it's because Shimi doesn't like me... she just likes to be difficult. There's something about you and Sula that lets you ride her without the need of much force."
[5:53 PM] Mika: "Well ok...I get it a little. She was just playing a little rough right."
[5:56 PM] REWlego: "Yes. I..." Leodin prepares himself to share details of his life in Intetsu "I know this because Shimi was my family's pegasus... My mother hired Sula to train her. That's why Shimi let me ride her, even though I don't have that natural connection that you and Sula have."(edited)
[6:03 PM] Mika: "Oh..I'm...a little sorry as well. The way you acted with Shimie reminded me of..of my first suiter and Midnight. He..Midnight hated him and he used forced on Midnight to ride him. One day Midnight throw him off and..That man had Midnight put down.."
[6:05 PM] REWlego: "Vivianna... I'm sorry that I brought up bad memories without even knowing... but, why do you think Sula would have let me ride Shimi if he wasn't sure that both me and Shimi would be safe?"
[6:06 PM] Mika: "I suppose you're right."
[6:07 PM] REWlego: "I just didn't want you to get the wrong idea... I can assure you that Shimi is fine."
[6:11 PM] Kwakado: Just then, Shimi and Sula soar lazily overhead towards the city streets. From above Vivianna and Leodin hear a distant" "Kwemoooooooo..."(edited)
[6:12 PM] Mika: She laughs. "I guess that seals it. I believe you."
[6:13 PM] REWlego: "Thank you... and for the record, you looked amazing on Shimi, I can't stress enough how much I mean that."
[6:14 PM] Mika: She smiles. "Thank you."
[6:18 PM] REWlego: "I for one, can't wait to ride Shimi again, and I'd like to watch you on her again as well..."
[6:19 PM] Mika: She laughs. "I can't wait either, I love it!"
[6:21 PM] REWlego: "Yeah... you two looked so graceful... I prefer riding for the exhilaration."
[6:24 PM] Mika: "Did I really? I've been told when I ride a horse I look like a child."
[6:25 PM] REWlego: "Who told you that? I think you looked looked stunning."
[6:30 PM] Mika: "Ah..it doesn't matter. I'm glad I don't look like some child anymore." She grins. "Well leodin, I must be going, there is a bathhouse near and I wish to go to it."
[6:31 PM] REWlego: "Ah... I guess this is goodnight then." Leodin puts his better judgement to the side and hugs Vivianna
[6:34 PM] Mika: She looks surprised before hugging him back. "What was that for?"
[6:37 PM] REWlego: "Well..." He steps back "I suppose I'm thanking you for hearing me out... I didn't want to end last night on a bad note, so I'm glad that I could mend it today."
[6:38 PM] Mika: "You are too sweet Leodin. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions ok. A sweet guy like you couldn't hurt a fly."
[6:39 PM] REWlego: "Ah..." Leodin chuckles "I suppose you haven't seen me in battle yet."
[6:40 PM] Mika: She gives him a secretive smile "Nor have you seen me in battle." She laughs before walking away. "Bye Leodin!"
[6:40 PM] REWlego: "Goodbye Vivianna." Leodin stands there for a bit before walking back out to the castle's exit.
[6:41 PM] Mika: =RP END=









No comments:

Post a Comment