Saturday, July 2, 2016

11: The Arrow That Had Cut Him

Featuring: Kalenzo, Elwyn

Kalenzo starts meticulously sharpening his fifty arrows in the shadows, until a concerned Elwyn approaches. Though Kalenzo prefers solitude for this work, he insists that Elwyn is welcome to stay. The monk ponders whether their continued meetings are a part of a greater destiny, then they talk about Vivianna and Kalenzo learns about the vigilante Leodin. Lost in thoughts, Kalenzo cuts his finger on an arrowhead, but Elwyn treats the little wound for him, to the bowman's gratitude. Elwyn jokes about docking the arrow's pay, and Kalenzo gives Arrow 41 a harsh scolding. Then Elwyn tries to get relationship advice from Kalenzo, who has little to say as he finishes his maintenance. They part ways on a cheery note.

[4:02 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Hmm, what should I do today? I've already got a fair grasp on the city's layout... Kalenzo thought as he left the inn where he had stayed for the night, Oh! That's right! I've got to keep my arrows sharp, it's been quite a while since I gave them an inspection. I can't have any imperfections in my supply... The bowman found himself a familiar spot at the entrance to an alley near an uncongested street before kneeling down, placing his bow off to the side and taking his quiver off of his shoulder and transferring it onto his lap. Hello again, my little heralds of perfection~ Kalenzo beamed to himself, slowly counting each and every arrow. ...Forty-eight, Forty-nine, Fifty. Now for the laborious process of inspecting the arrow-heads... It was mid-day before Kalenzo had realized it, but he didn't care. Maintenance was a must and it required his full and devoted attention. Tracing the edge of each arrow with his finger, he looked for any inconsistencies and imperfections...
[4:06 PM] Mango: "Um... Are you all right, Sir Kalenzo?" Elwyn appeared on his horse. "You look like you've been sitting here for quite a while, you look so focused too."
[4:12 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, Sir Elwyn! Glad to see you again!" Kalenzo exclaimed, raising his eyebrows with his vision still focused on an arrowhead, "Don't mind me, I'm just performing maintenance on my tools"(edited)
[4:14 PM] Mango: "I see. But I was wondering why you picked this spot. Wouldn't a brighter place be more convenient? I wouldn't want anyone to believe you to be some sort of suspicious man..."
[4:22 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I mean, I would go to a brighter place... But when I'm trying to focus on maintenance, the tiniest amount of chit-chat I'm not a part of will disturb me to no end." Kalenzo responded, pretending to not hear the last part of Elwyn's words. "Tch, I thought I took care of these better..." He remarked to himself, nicking his finger against a blemish in the metal. Taking out his whetstone and canteen of water, Kalenzo went to work, sharpening the arrowhead still being his prime focus in the conversation.
[4:33 PM] Mango: "Ah, well, I must be bothering you aren't I? Do you wish for me to leave, or...?"
[4:41 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "No no no, it's quite alright." Kalenzo quickly answered, moving his hands in an odd rhythm as he refined the arrow's edge against the stone. "I appreciate the company, I really do." He added, smiling as he re-examined the arrowhead.
[5:15 PM] Mango: Elwyn sighed in relief. "I'm glad that I aren't being a bother. I'll sit around with you then, if you don't mind." Elwyn sat against the wall of the entrance to the alleyway. "If you ever cut yourself, just let me know. But you probably wouldn't need that. You're a professional, after all."
[5:39 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Alright then, thank you very much." He responded, placing arrow number 38 back into his quiver and replacing it with arrow number 39. A professional, eh? That's quite flattering... Kalenzo thought, smiling as he brought the arrow's head close to his.
[5:49 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh, funny how we keep running into each other like this..." Kalenzo remarked, tracing his finger along the edge of the arrow "Small world, I guess..."
[5:53 PM] Mango: "We are in the same city, so it isn't all that surprising..."
[5:53 PM] Mango: "Or perhaps there could be something more, fate has its own special way of working."
[5:57 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Satisfied with his work, Kalenzo carefully placed the arrow back into the quiver and replace it with arrow number 40. His face turned skeptical as Elwyn spoke the second sentence, "Hmm, maybe... maybe not... but I know one thing for sure, you're not the first to harp on about this whole fate thing..." He responded, staring down the shaft of the arrow.
[6:00 PM] Mango: "I suppose I can't really help it. I AM a priest, so it wouldn't be surprising if I mentioned anything relating to the Gods or fate."
[6:06 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh... fair point." The bowman snickered, meticulously examining the head of the next arrow.
[6:08 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "...So! Anyways, have you met any other interesting folks?" He questioned, tracing his thumb and forefinger along the length of the arrow
[6:09 PM] Mango: "I've met some others around here, I think they're pretty nice. Well, aside from a couple of people. But I'm sure things will work out soon."
[6:12 PM] Mango: "I've met a dancer named Vivianna, she's really good at baking too. I hope we can talk more. I've also met someone by the name of Leodin. He's apparently a vigilante of sorts."
[6:14 PM] Mango: "There's also two women who are from the Fire Tribe in Nolore. One of them just keeps calling me a 'girlish man', while the other is just...a handful."
[6:15 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, so you've met Vivianna too, have you?" Kalenzo asked, raising his eyebrows with his focus on the arrow in his hands. "Yeah, I was lucky enough to catch one of her performances. She's a wonderful singer."
[6:16 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Leodin, the vigilante... I'll have to keep that name in mind... Gods... more people to worry about... how bothersome...
[6:17 PM] Mango: "I've never really heard her actually perform, I've listened in on her singing a little tune to herself every once in a while."
[6:18 PM] Mango: "Perhaps if I asked she'd let me hear her sing..."
[6:24 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Perhaps..." Kalenzo spoke, his words drifting alongside his thoughts... "-FhUCK" He exclaimed as he felt the arrowhead slice into the flesh of his forefinger. The bowman dropped his arrow to the ground and grasp at his bleeding finger with his now free hand.
[6:25 PM] Mango: Elwyn tried not to laugh. "No need for such fowl language, friend. Here, let me see your finger."
[6:29 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh, sorry about that..." Kalenzo responded, lifting his trembling finger towards the man, finally making eye-contact with a sheepish grin on his face.
[6:36 PM] Mango: "First I'll clean the cut, even if I can heal it the risk of infection is still there." Elwyn took out a handkerchief and carefully wiped away the blood. "Now, this may sting a little..." After cleaning the blood, Elwyn applied some ointment.
[6:40 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: He let out a barely audible grunt as Elwyn applied the ointment, the stinging sensation making him grit his teeth for a bit before it was over. "Well then," He responded, taking a breath "Thank you very much."
[6:42 PM] Mango: "No need to thank me. I'm just doing my job as a healer. There'll be times where I cannot use my staff, so this stuff is kind of what I do best."
[6:43 PM] Mango: Elwyn dressed Kalenzo's finger up. "Just keep it covered for the day and it should be fine." He smiled. "I hope that taught you to pay more attention to your fingers this time around."(edited)
[6:51 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Heheh, can do." He smiled, giving the man a nod before resuming his work, picking up his dropped arrow and wiping any traces of his blood off of the sharpened metal before inspecting it. "Well, I guess the arrow is certainly doing what it was intended to do..."
[6:53 PM] Mango: "I suppose so, but it's directed to the wrong person."
[6:55 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Yeap, I guess so..." Kalenzo smiled, slowly putting away arrow number 41
[6:55 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: He hummed as he pulled out the next arrow, going through the same process as he had with all the others.
[6:58 PM] Mango: "Why not dock that arrow's pay?" Elwyn tried to crack a joke.
[7:03 PM] Mango: "Harming one's employer is a serious consequence..."
[7:15 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo let loose a chuckle and a wide grin "You know what? You're right," He agreed, putting away the arrow he had finished inspecting and taking the one that had cut him back out. "Bad arrow! How dare you cut your creator!" Kalenzo scolded with a fabricated anger, exaggerating his expression while pointing his finger at the arrow.
[7:20 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: The bowman broke out into a fit of laughter only moments later.
[7:21 PM] Mango: "Heh...hehahahah!" Elwyn joined him. "I didn't really think that I'd get such a good response!"
[7:40 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Hahahahaa..." Kalenzo laughed, trailing off as he wiped away a tear from the laughing "I have to say, it gave me a good laugh after a tiresome morning. I needed that, thank you" It's been a while since I laughed that hard, that felt too good He thought, slowly putting away the arrow that had cut him and resuming his work.(edited)
[7:46 PM] Mango: "I'm glad I was able to raise your spirits after what you described. Laughter is always the best medicine at times."(edited)
[8:00 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "It truly is," He responded, his pace quickening with his arrows thanks to the morale boost.
[8:02 PM] Mango: "Say, Kalenzo...can I ask a question?" Elwyn placed his head on his knees. "...What do you do to understand someone better?"
[8:20 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo stopped what he was doing mid-inspection to redirect his focus onto Elwyn. "Well..." He drifted off awkwardly, pursing his lips in thought before responding "I mean, ask them about their passions, what they like and all that."
[8:24 PM] Mango: "Well, what if you know about their passions and all that but still can't figure things out?"
[8:28 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "I... don't know how you mean."
[8:30 PM] Mango: "...Well, if I don't know the answer I shouldn't really expect the same from others then..." Elwyn sighed before smiling again. "Just a hypothetical question. Sorry for distracting you."
[8:32 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "It's quite alright, it just threw me off guard is all..." Kalenzo remarked, giving his knuckles a satisfying cracking before finishing up his inspection on his arrows.(edited)
[8:37 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Gods above, how many people want to ask me for relationship advice? He asked himself
[8:37 PM] Mango: "I suppose conversations can be a battlefield too if you can be caught off guard by them."
[8:40 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well spoken, my friend, well spoken indeed." Kalenzo responded, looking down the shaft of arrow number 47 before repeating the annoying yet much required task.
[8:50 PM] Mango: Elwyn started to hum. "La la la la la~, la~..."
[8:58 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo was a bit miffed by the singing but continued with his work.
[8:59 PM] Mango: "...I did say if I'm bothering you I can stop."
[9:04 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "No, no it's fine..." Kalenzo responded, moving on to arrow number 49
[9:05 PM] Mango: "Well, let me know if it does." He continued his singing but was quieter this time(edited)
[9:11 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo silently thanked the man for lowering the volume of his voice before finally inspecting arrow number 50. He looked down the shaft for any inconsistencies, as he did with the arrowhead before finally tracing his thumb along the edge of it's metal. "...And with that, I'm done..." Kalenzo remarked, setting the final arrow back into his quiver before finally getting back up and giving all of his limbs a much deserved stretching.
[9:13 PM] Mango: "I see you're done with your job then?"
[9:16 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Ohohohoh yes" Kalenzo responded, letting out several noises of varying calibers as he stretched his limbs.(edited)
[9:19 PM] Mango: "Well, I suppose now is our time to part?"
[9:22 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going to go put my freshly inspected arrows to the test." Kalenzo smirked, picking up his bow and slinging his quiver over his shoulder.
[9:23 PM] Mango: "Well, good luck in your hunting endeavor. Try not to waste any unnecessary shots on other defenseless animals, all right?" He mounted Michel.
[9:27 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Eheh, I didn't imply I was hunting animals..." Kalenzo responded, a sly grin on his face "I'm just going to go to the city's archery range and have at it. After a morning like this, I'd much rather shoot stationary targets."
[9:28 PM] Mango: "Hope you have fun then! Relaxing with you was quite the fun activity."
[9:32 PM] [SPICY] ColdToiletSeat: "Why thank you, your company was enjoyable as well." Kalenzo waved before starting to walk off
[9:34 PM] Mango: Elwyn heads off in the opposite direction while humming the same song when he was with Kalenzo.
[9:34 PM] Mango: =RP END=





No comments:

Post a Comment