Saturday, July 2, 2016

Paralogue 2.2: Some Kind of Killer


Featuring: Marrok, Kalenzo, Vivianna

Marrok and Kalenzo enter Amaterasu, distrusting each other for being a "subhuman" and smelling like blood respectively. Marrok confronts Kalenzo, but believes his story about hunting a deer. They are soon joined by Vivianna, a Nohrian singer in search of a husband, who is fleeing from a hostile audience member. After a brief discussion on the nature of fate, Marrok heads into the market, leaving a flustered Kalenzo with Vivianna. The two of them head towards the castle, talking about their backgrounds as "artists".

[6:06 PM] Marrok: Time to enter the city... Marrok breathed in deeply. He was curious, yes, but his upbrining made him cautious about entering a new place. With that he entered, ready to experience this new place for himself. Here goes nothing.
[6:17 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Ah yes, Amaterasu. One of the many places that has yet to experience my artistic genius... Kalenzo thought, smiling as he looked at the city that had surrounded him. Like in the city before, he treated his weary self to a brief respite, watching the people that had gone by while leaning against a building. "That one's fascinating..." He muttered, crossing his arms and narrowing his eyes focused on Marrok.
[6:25 PM] Marrok: Marroks nose twitches, smelling Kalenzo nearby. Hmm... what... is that blood I smell. He turns to look at the strange man, his body stiff and cautious. Quickly he tucks his charm under his shirt. If this guy is trouble I need to stop him, before anyone gets hurt. He begins to walk towards the strange man, trying to keep his composure but obviously nervous about the scent of blood.
[6:36 PM] ColdToiletSeat: He's... approaching me? This is new... Did the sub-human smell me? Did I not wash all the blood off my clothes? Kalenzo thought, trying his best to stay calm while his eyes drifted down to his apparel, desperate to find anything that would incriminate him. No, he couldn't have smelled any blood! I made sure I was spotless! But why is he walking towards me?! The bowman started to scream silently, his eyebrows raising in a small panic.(edited)
[6:42 PM] Marrok: Marrok finally reaches the man, making eye contact with him. Well, now or never... "Hi! I'm Marrok, nice to meet you!" He holds out his hand to the stranger, though his tail does not wag.
[6:50 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo let out a small sigh before regaining his cool and collected composure to meet the man(?)'s stare. "Greetings!" Kalenzo replied, extending a hesitant hand to shake the man(?)'s hand, giving a fake smile while doing so.
[6:54 PM] Marrok: Marrok grabs his hand and shakes it before inhaling deeply one more time. Definately smells like blood... but I can't tell what type... Pulling his hand back he goes to speak again. "So stranger, what might your name be?.. And why do you smell like blood?"
[7:10 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I am Kalenzo... a pleasure to meet you" He responded uncomfortably, saying the last few through clenched teeth. Wiping his freshly shaken hand on his garb, Kalenzo once again gives the man(?) a fake but now skeptical smile. "...I'm not sure how you mean? Blood? It can't possibly be coming from me." He counter-questioned, making an ever-so-believable furrowed brow.(edited)
[7:22 PM] Marrok: Marrok keeps his eyes locked on the man before him, sniffing around a bit more. His tail still unmoving, and his ears now perked up. There's no mistaking the scent of blood here, but maybe he doesn't know about it... He relaxes, briefly. "Listen... Kalenzo. You stink of blood, and it would be wrong of me to let you off like that. Do you have any idea where this smell might have come from?"
[7:35 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I... haven't the faintest clue." Kalenzo answered, tensing his shoulders while adding an ever so convincing tilt to his head before scratching the back of his neck. Shit, he's on to me.
[7:37 PM] Marrok: "Well Kalenzo... I do have one idea how we can sort this all out." His tail begins to wag once again. "We should go find a guard or someone, they would definately be able to clear your name!"
[7:54 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Are you certain that's truly necessary?" Kalenzo asked, giving yet another fake smile before desperately trying to think about an excuse to prove his 'innocence'... Perfect! "...Hold on a minute, I do remember killing a deer not too long ago. The smell might be coming from that." Kalenzo added, shortly afterwards, taking a quick glance at the bow on his shoulder.(edited)
[7:57 PM] Marrok: A deer... Seems fair enough... "Oh then..." Marrok pauses for a moment, thinking. As he does so his tail begins to wag faster and faster. "I have an idea then! How about you and I go find it then, that will resolve everything!"
[8:01 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Nonono, you misunderstand sir, I already skinned and sold whatever I could from the carcass. I have to make a living somehow. You were probably just picking up the scent from my bag." Kalenzo spoke, happily bursting forth lies from his calm expression.(edited)
[8:05 PM] Marrok: Marrok's whole body posture droops as his tail slows. "Oh... I guess no adventure then. Although your story seems good enough for me... Hey Kalenzo, you wouldn't happen to know your way around this place would you?"(edited)
[8:11 PM] memesupreme (Mika): Vivianna rushes into the street, pushing many out of the way as she runs. How was she to know that man didn’t like that song. She wasn’t some sort of mind reader, her skirt trails behind her like a flame as she tries to start blending in. Finally, she stops next to two men, panting a little. She looks around and freezes when she spots the man from the bar, without thinking she grabs the man’s hand and start to laugh, still watching as the burly man makes his way down the road. She moves closer to man with facial hair, hiding her face in his chest now. She didn’t dare looking up at the man or out to the street.
[8:16 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Thank the Gods above, he believed me. He thought, letting out a relieved sigh... Only to be interrupted with the sudden incursion of the woman. "Gods above! May I help you?!" He suddenly inquired, shouting while desperately trying to peel the lady off of him.(edited)
[8:17 PM] Marrok: "Huh..? K-Kalenzo... do you know this lady..?" He sniffs the air a bit. Smells like she's been at a pub of some sort.
[8:18 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She only buries her face deeper, shaking her head as she waits another moment. Finally she back up and away. "Sorry about that. Just...got into a little trouble and you were the closest thing to 'hide' in." She gives them both a weak smile
[8:28 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Dear Gods, you almost scared me half to death, woman!" He berated, his breathing short and his expression annoyed. Kalenzo swiftly regained his exposure and reexamined the lady before him, quickly realizing her attire to be one of an entertainer. "Hmph, what kind of trouble did you get into, might I ask? I am genuinely curious." The bowman asked, fixing his attire.(edited)
[8:29 PM] Marrok: "If I'm not mistaken, those are the scents of a bar... I agree with Kalenzo here, what have you been up to..?"
[8:33 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She gives them both a hard look. "I'm a singer, nothing more and nothing less. I was just doing a regualr song, something from home when one of the patrons got a little upset at me and insulted me off stage. I thought was the end of that but..he chased me out. Being that intoxcaited this early is just disgraceful."
[8:35 PM] Marrok: Marrok sniffs around, ears twitching slightly. "Well, the man seems to be gone. You shouldn't have an issue now... although. Who might you be?"
[8:36 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo crosses his arms, narrowing his eyes on the girl while silently wondering the same thing.
[8:37 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She brushes herself off and smiles a bit brighter at them now. "I'm Vivianna, please to meet you." She bows slightly to the both of them.
[8:40 PM] Marrok: Marrok holds out his hand to the lady. "I am Marrok. Pleasure to meet you."(edited)
[8:42 PM] ColdToiletSeat: The bowman's expression lightened as Vivianna introduced herself. Ah well, simple misunderstanding I guess... "My name is Kalenzo, it's pleasure to make your acquaintance." He added, giving a theatrical bow for effect.(edited)
[8:45 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She shakes his hand, while hiding a soft giggle. "You two look like you could be actors."
[8:47 PM] Marrok: An actor... no, I don't have time for petty things like that... He looks over the scene infront of him. "Well then... do either of you know your way around the city?"
[8:50 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Way around the city? Where is it you would like to go? I'm not a native but I've been here long enough to know my way around. At least enough not to get lost at night."
[8:52 PM] ColdToiletSeat: An actor? I could be seen as an actor? Oh my. "Ohohoho, you flatter me, woman." Kalenzo smiled, before turning to answer Marrok's question "I've been... finding my way around. But I'm not deeply familiar with the city's layout."(edited)
[8:54 PM] Marrok: "I just need to look around. There should be a party sometime in the next few days for an election which I was hoping to attend. Do either of you know anything about that?"
[8:55 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Oh! I've heard about that. I was trying to get work at the party but it seems my voice wasn't up to par."
[9:01 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh! The party! I've heard many things about it," Kalenzo remarked, his eyes widening with intrigue. "It should be open to the public if I remember correctly, and that it should be near the castle."
[9:03 PM] Marrok: "The castle? Where would that be..." Marrok looks inside the city. "Actually... nevermind I see it." He says pointing.
[9:07 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She turns and looks. "Ohhh, well if you are heading there, would you mind if I traveled with? I've been meaning to get a tour around that castle and today seems like the perfect time."
[9:13 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, I'm already on my way to the celebration, but I don't have any exceptions to having a travel partner, or partners." Kalenzo remarked, smiling while his stare drifted between the two of them.(edited)
[9:15 PM] Marrok: "Sure! Always better to travel with more people than alone." Marrok's tail begins to wave again. "Out of curiosity, where are you both from?"
June 24, 2016
[2:51 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Where I'm from? I mean, It's not too important, but I'm from East Khlin." Kalenzo replied, slowly starting to walk towards the castle.
[2:54 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Ah I came from across the sea, a foturne teller told me I'd find..." She trails off. "I mean I came to explore one last time before I settle into a job."
[2:56 PM] Marrok: Following Kalenzo "Interesting... And both of you are here for the party as well then? That is such an odd coincidence..."
[2:58 PM] ColdToiletSeat: A fortune teller eh? I've never really believed in that stuff... Gotta think everything out, leave no exceptions. Kalenzo thought, skeptically re-adjusting his cloak. "It is, quite a peculiar occurrence, if I do say so."
[3:00 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Is it really? I mean I bet there are a lot of people here for the party."
[3:01 PM] Marrok: "I just think it a little odd that us three would happen to wind up together and be going to the party... oh well, things must happen for a reason."
[3:03 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Fate, I guess."
[3:32 PM] Marrok: "Fate huh..?" Marrok stops and looks lost in thought for a moment.
[3:35 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She looks closer at the two males...fate..oh nonon neither of these men could be her husband. She couldn't be this unlucky could she. No way! "Um are you ok?"
[3:39 PM] Marrok: Marrok snaps out of thoughts. "Yeah, all good. I just... Maybe I have a chance to meet an old friend, if this is all fate."
[3:49 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hmm, how interesting how that works. Fate, I mean" Kalenzo remarked, stopping temporarily to look at Marrok.
[3:52 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She walks past him. "You don't believe in it do you?"
[3:53 PM] Marrok: "I would be a fool to write it off, but then... I would also stop at nothing to change a bad fate..."
[4:04 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I'm not a very staunch believer in fate, so you'd be right." The bowman replied, answering the previous question. "I prefer forgin my own path, not dictated by something outside of my control."(edited)
[4:08 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Well I suppose I believe in fate those most but like Marrok I will try to change a fate I don't like." She starts to hum. "But then if I can change it, is it really fate..."
[4:09 PM] Marrok: "...and at the same time, what if it was a fake fate we were shown. That would make us fated to make the new fate..."(edited)
[4:22 PM] Marrok: He stops, sniffing the air for a moment as his tail starts to wag. Is... is that... He looks really excited for a moment, then begins drooling before taking off away from the two towards the market.
[4:26 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Wait..what?!"
[4:28 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "M-Marrok?!" Kalenzo stammered, vainly trying to reach out for the man(?) before stopping himself. Realizing that the only other male in the conversation was gone, Kalenzo gulped. He was never really good at talking with women, and this situation was certainly not helping. Damn it, don't leave me with this woman you furry freak! The bowman silently cursed, biting the inside of his cheek.
[4:29 PM] Marrok: A small blue scale is left on the ground, barely noticable.
[4:31 PM] memesupreme (Mika): Vivi, not wanting to talk with the other man just yet, spots it and bends down to pick it up. "Did he forget this..." She stares at where he ran off
[4:38 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo took a deep breath before approaching Vivianna, desperately trying to calm his nerves. "Y-yeah, I noticed that too. It's a bit, unnerving to be honest. What would someone like him be doing with a scale of that type?" He tried to inquire, saving the question in the back of his mind for when he would -hopefully- meet the man(?) again.
[4:41 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Hmm well since I just met him I wouldn't know. Maybe he just likes shiny things." She twirls it in her fingers. "It is pretty." She looks up at him before handing the scale to him. "I'm sorry your boyfriend left, I'm sure we'll catch up with him at the castle."
[4:51 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Boyfriend?! Excuse me? I would never date a subhuman! The sheer NERVE of this woman! Kalenzo thought to himself, faking a smile as he tilted his head. "Nonono, you misunderstand." He quickly corrected, "We aren't dating, we are simply strangers who had coincidentally met each other in this city."(edited)
[4:56 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Oh well you seemed kinda put out that he had left so suddenly, I just assumed that you two were together. So I guess it's just me then? I'm sorry if I make you nervous. I promise you I'm not some kind of killer or something." She laughs. "So please don't feel too weird around me."
[5:14 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo stifled a laugh as she mentioned the word 'killer.' "Oh? Oh no! I assure you, I'm only just a little bit nervous... my exposure to women in the past has been limited, so to speak. So, please do excuse my... uh, uncouth behavior." He apologized in return, unconsciously taking a step back to bow slightly.(edited)
[5:17 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Limited? What do mean?"
[5:20 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I-I mean I haven't been around many ladies before I started travelling. This is, a bit of a learning experience for me." Kalenzo replied, shifting in his boots uncomfortably.(edited)
[5:25 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Oh did they not have women where you came from? I mean that's a little weird...who gave birth then? Did some men from your home have wombs?"
[5:31 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "No! No, no." Gods, this is already a wreck. "There are women where I came from, it's just that they were usually either a lot older than me or a lot younger than me." Kalenzo replied once more, readjusting his cloak.
[5:34 PM] memesupreme (Mika): She looks embrassed. "Ohh OH! I...I..I'm sorrry! I have a big imagintion and it sometimes runs away from me." She giggles. "Well you're doing great talking to such a strange girl like me."
[5:46 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Well then, thank you very much." He replied, happily accepting the compliment "And, for your previous point. There's nothing wrong with that, imagination can be a very vivid beast. I should know, I'm an artist after all."
[5:52 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Are artist? Like a painter?!"
[6:01 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "You could say that." The virtuoso in training nodded
[6:01 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Do you have any of your painting on you? I'd love to see them."
[6:03 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah, er, no. I don't, speaking quite frankly. My work isn't very accepted by many, so I usually leave them somewhere in the cities that I make them... If that makes any sense."(edited)
[6:12 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Ohhh a controversial how cool! I'd love see it then one day."
[6:20 PM] ColdToiletSeat: That's what they all say... then they see it and then they usually shriek 'Oh, you monster!' or 'You murderous scum!' Gods, nobody ever seems to understand my work. Kalenzo steamed from behind a mask of happiness. "Why thank you, I would love to show you sometime." He added, tilting his head once more with a smile going from ear to ear. "Anyways, I would like to keep heading towards the castle. I'm very eager to see what pre-festivities they'll have there."
[6:21 PM] memesupreme (Mika): "Oh the castle! Of course, lets go!"
[6:36 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Sounds good then. Once again, it's been a pleasure to meet you Ms. Vivianna." Kalenzo added, starting to walk towards their destination.
[6:37 PM] ColdToiletSeat: =====End RP=====

No comments:

Post a Comment