Saturday, July 2, 2016

Paralogue 3.0.1: A Delightful Man



Featuring: Kazama, Leodin, Elwyn

The day after their bathhouse bonding, Kazama and Leodin meet at the dumpling store. Kazama confesses his feelings for Elwyn, making Leodin promise not to share them. Elwyn brings the two of them chocolate, and they talk about Kazama's family heritage. While Leodin keeps watch over the plaza, Kazama asks Elwyn about Izumo, sleeping arrangements, and making precious memories together. Mutually infatuated, the two go for a ride through town, and watch a performance together.


[9:38 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama had continued his duties the next day, looking over the plaza from a table in the dumpling store.
[10:06 AM] REWlego: Leodin had also returned to the plaza, but this time, he's not wearing his normal armor. He's aware that people might know what his amor looks like now, so he is now wearing brown robes with a hood to mask part of his face.
[10:10 AM] REWlego: He heads to the dumpling store to pick up some lunch before he returns to scouting the plaza. While there, he sits at a table table next to Kazama's
[10:12 AM] REWlego: "Good afternoon, Sir Kazama." Leodin says in a cheerful, but quiet tone.
[10:13 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama smiles beneath his mask. "Ah, Leodin! Nice to see you are here again."
[10:16 AM] REWlego: "Yes, nice to see you as well. Are you also watching over the plaza?"
[10:20 AM] AOMRocks20: "I am. You've picked a good place for it."
[10:22 AM] REWlego: "Yes, you get a fairly good view of the whole plaza from here... Not to forget about the delicous food."
[10:24 AM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. I particularly enjoy dumplings. It reminds me of my home."
[10:27 AM] REWlego: "Were you born in The Kingdom of Freyzenwald?"
[10:29 AM] AOMRocks20: "...Yes, you could say."
[10:29 AM] REWlego: "I could.... say? What do you mean by that?"
[10:31 AM] AOMRocks20: "My family is not... originally from Freyzenwald. No manaketes are, I would fathom." He shifts, lightly uncomfortable.
[10:33 AM] REWlego: He doesn't seem like he wants to talk about this... "So... have you talked to Elwyn since yesterday?"
[10:34 AM] AOMRocks20: "I have not. I hope very much that he's doing well. I haven't seen him in the crowds this day."
[10:35 AM] REWlego: "I can't help but worry for him... He seemed so distraught."
[10:37 AM] AOMRocks20: "Yes. He may still have doubts, but that's what we're here for, isn't it?"
[10:40 AM] REWlego: "Yeah. I'm glad that you've been able to connect with him so much. I think he really benefited from talking to someone with the same preferences."
[10:41 AM] AOMRocks20: "I couldn't agree more. Sometimes it's hard to accept support from people unlike ourselves."
[10:42 AM] REWlego: .......
[10:43 AM] REWlego: Leodin just nods
[10:43 AM] AOMRocks20: "...have I spoke out of turn? Do you see some commotion?"
[10:44 AM] REWlego: "No, no... It's okay."
[10:45 AM] REWlego: Leodin turns his head towards Kazama and gives a slight smile
[10:45 AM] AOMRocks20: "I see. Your silence made me very concerned for you."
[10:47 AM] REWlego: "No, please. Don't be concerned for me, there's plenty who need it more than me."
[10:48 AM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. Like those out in the plaza. ...but nobody needs help more than anyone else."
[10:48 AM] REWlego: Leodin sits back in his chair and just scans the plaza once more
[10:50 AM] AOMRocks20: "...Leodin? Are you alright?"
[10:50 AM] REWlego: "Yes, just.... concentrating on the plaza."
[10:53 AM] AOMRocks20: "I see." Kazama leans on the table.
[10:57 AM] REWlego: "Sir Kazama, may I ask you a personal question?"
[11:00 AM] AOMRocks20: "You may."
[11:03 AM] REWlego: "Well, I saw how you were acting around Elwyn in the bath house, and... well, I have to ask, how do you really feel about Elwyn?"
[11:04 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama turns to him. "...Pardon?"
[11:05 AM] REWlego: "I- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that... forgive me, I spoke out of turn."
[11:09 AM] AOMRocks20: "...I..."
[11:10 AM] AOMRocks20: "Do you really need to know this?" He adjusts his mask.
[11:10 AM] REWlego: "If it makes you uncomfortable, then no, I don't..." Leodin shamefully lowers his head.
[11:11 AM] AOMRocks20: "I suppose that... I could discuss it, if you really want..."
[11:12 AM] REWlego: "I.. I don't want to pressure you into it..."
[11:14 AM] AOMRocks20: "It's just... is this something you really want to know?"
[11:14 AM] REWlego: "Perhaps... I honestly don't know, I am curious though."
[11:16 AM] AOMRocks20: "I... suppose I could tell you. We are friends, are we not?"
[11:16 AM] REWlego: "I like to think that, yes."
[11:17 AM] AOMRocks20: "Promise me that you do not tell Elwyn about this."
[11:17 AM] REWlego: "Oh, of course. I swear I will never tell him anything you wish to keep a secret."
[11:18 AM] AOMRocks20: "I see."
[11:20 AM] AOMRocks20: "I think Elwyn is... a very attractive man, to say the least. But there's more than that. He's got a very brilliant personality--such a nice, supportive person. He deserves, and I have no doubt he can get, a delightful man who can spend the rest of his life with him."
[11:21 AM] AOMRocks20: "However... he is also a great friend. While I would be more than delighted if we were to end up together, I would prefer that he asks that of me, rather than I of him."
[11:22 AM] AOMRocks20: During this whole time, Kazama is madly adjusting his mask.
[11:23 AM] REWlego: Leodin ponders his own feelings and stays quiet for a long time
[11:24 AM] AOMRocks20: "...I ask again that you please do not tell Elwyn of this. It would likely..." He sighs.
[11:25 AM] REWlego: "Likely....?"
[11:26 AM] AOMRocks20: "...Nothing. Just... tell him nothing about this."
[11:27 AM] REWlego: "Of course.... I swear that I never will, you have my word."
[11:30 AM] AOMRocks20: "Why do you ask this?"
[11:31 AM] REWlego: "I..... I don't know what my motivations for knowing this are.... Either I have none and it's purely curiosity, or I have yet to discover my own feelings..."
[11:33 AM] AOMRocks20: "...what about you? What do you think about Elwyn?"
[11:36 AM] REWlego: Leodin looks at Kazama, opens his mouth so speak a few times, but takes it back "Well.... I'm still discovering my own motivations and preferences... I of course think of him as a great friend, but I haven't decided if I want anything more..."
[11:38 AM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Sometimes I forget that you are so young. At least one thing is for sure, Leodin: we're all great friends."
[11:38 AM] REWlego: Leodin nods and looks back down at the floor
[11:41 AM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles. "Can we not take heart in that? Our bond?"
[11:43 AM] REWlego: Leodin looks back up at Kazama "Oh, of course I enjoy being friends with both of you! My time with you two has been some of the happiest times in my life..."
[11:46 AM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. I could say the same--my days certainly haven't been as bright as they had before you came along."
[11:48 AM] REWlego: Fighting in a rebellion isn't normally considered the most "fun" times...
[11:49 AM] REWlego: "Yes, my days in Khlin were full of hatred and suffering... I am thankful for this change of pace."
[11:55 AM] AOMRocks20: "There's also how alive the city is today, with all the festivities! I love it."
[11:57 AM] REWlego: "Yes, I'm getting quite anxious for the upcoming party... I hope that I don't get kicked out, I wansn't really invited...."
[12:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm sure Elwyn and myself could vouch for you."
[12:03 PM] REWlego: "Thank you.... But I plan on not being caught in the first place."
[12:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course."
[12:09 PM] REWlego: "I suppose you will be with our liege for most of the event? Or will you be acting more as a guard?"
[12:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "I will still be head of security, so I will have to ensure that Joshua is with Princess Ellis while I ensure nothing bad happens."
[12:11 PM] REWlego: "Joshua... right, Elwyn didn't seem too fond of him."
[12:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes. He was afraid his horse would damage Michel."
[12:23 PM] Mango: The duo started to noticed Elwyn approaching them in the distance.(edited)
[12:25 PM] REWlego: "Speaking of Elwyn, I think that's him over there." Leodin motions towards Elwyn
[12:26 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama perked up, waving at him. He mutters under his breath. "The man of the hour, eh...?"
[12:27 PM] REWlego: Well... wouldn't Elwyn like to know what we were just talking about...
[12:27 PM] Mango: Elwyn hummed as he was riding through. "Hm, hm...~ Oh, Leodin and Kazama...I see you two already met up?"
[12:27 PM] AOMRocks20: He nodded. "The two of us like to use the dumpling store to watch the crowds, it seems"
[12:28 PM] Mango: "Is that so..."
[12:29 PM] Mango: "Well, I was exploring the place and found one that sells great chocolate, so I was wondering if you two would like some?"
[12:30 PM] AOMRocks20: He nodded. "That sounds delightful!"
[12:30 PM] REWlego: Leodin turns to face Kazama, and then back at Elwyn. "That sounds great! I'd love some."
[12:31 PM] Mango: "Here." He handed them a box. "There's both regular and white chocolate in here, but....I ate all the white choclate..."
[12:31 PM] Mango: "Sorry..." He smiled sheepishly.
[12:32 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles, opening it. "It's quite alright, Elwyn. No need to worry." He takes off his mask.
[12:33 PM] REWlego: Leodin just sits back and waits for Kazama to choose which ones he wants
[12:34 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama takes a few chocolates, then slides the box over to Leodin. He pops one into his mouth. "Ah... caramel! My favorite."
[12:34 PM] REWlego: Leodin looks at the box and picks one chocolate, seemingly at random
[12:35 PM] REWlego: "To be honest... I've never had chocolate before."
[12:37 PM] AOMRocks20: "Truly? I have not had sweets in... oh, seven or eight years, perhaps?"
[12:37 PM] Mango: "You haven't had sweets in that long of a time?"
[12:38 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "Yes, not quite since..."
[12:38 PM] AOMRocks20: "..."
[12:38 PM] AOMRocks20: "N-Nevermind. It's just been a long time."
[12:38 PM] Mango: "Hm..."
[12:39 PM] Mango: "Anyways..." Elwyn turned his attention to Leodin. "I'm sure you'll like it, there's different kinds too."
[12:39 PM] Mango: "Some people like their chocolate bitter rather than sweet, so they get dark chocolate."
[12:39 PM] Mango: "I myself usually just buy white chocolate, but I enjoy some dark chocolate here and there. It goes great with tea."
[12:40 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods in agreement. "I've mostly eaten regular chocolate. The place I got mine from had little variety."
[12:41 PM] REWlego: Leodin takes a bite of his chocolate "Wow, this is delicious.... Even as a spoiled brat in Intetsu, they couldn't make food this good"
[12:41 PM] Mango: "What types of food do you usually eat?"
[12:42 PM] REWlego: Probably because nobody there wanted to do any work
[12:44 PM] REWlego: "We normally had crops that were brought in from other places... The rich nobles in Intetsu didn't want to do any work.... There were a few chefs, but not very many."
[12:45 PM] Mango: "I see..."
[12:46 PM] Mango: "Well, cooking is quite simple enough if you know what you're doing."
[12:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "My family were not typically the ones for personal chefs. They taught myself, and every single one of us, how to cook... although if we did not feel like it, we did have a chef. We cooked mostly dishes found in... Hashidu? Hoshish? What's the name..."
[12:48 PM] REWlego: ".....?"
[12:49 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama leans on the table. "Hrmph. I can't seem to recall... some Nolorian country, I recall. It doesn't matter. We mostly cooked dishes from there. It's probably why I eat these dumplings so much."
[12:50 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm sorry, am I rambling? Your comments about chefs just reminded me..."
[12:50 PM] Mango: "Hoshido." Elwyn corrected him.
[12:50 PM] REWlego: "Oh, no. It's interesting to learn about customs from other regions."
[12:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes! Hoshido! That's what it was called. I love their food."
[12:52 PM] Mango: "Perhaps the next time I visit, I could bring along some Hoshidan recipes for you?"
[12:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes, that sounds delightful, Elwyn. Thank you!" He grins.
[12:52 PM] AOMRocks20: I could also ask my family...
[12:52 PM] AOMRocks20: ...
[12:55 PM] Mango: "Maybe if I ever have the chance, I could make something for both you and Leodin. Izumite cuisine is quite good!"
[12:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "I would be honored!" He chuckles.
[12:57 PM] REWlego: "Yes, I haven't had very many chances to eat different kinds of food. That would be wonderful." Leodin smiles
[12:59 PM] Mango: "Well, you'll have many chances when we go to Nolore."
[1:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm... I hope I can travel there one day, on leave."
[1:03 PM] REWlego: "That would be excellent... Then all three of us could be together in Nolore."
[1:04 PM] Mango: "Hopefully, it really would depend on where we would be. I did say I was travelling all over Nolore."
[1:04 PM] Mango: "Perhaps after I achieve my goal, I'll settle down somewhere...if not Izumo, this place is nice too..."
[1:07 PM] REWlego: "I have no place to settle down, so I don't know where I'll go after we finish..."
[1:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "I could... be content simply serving my days as Princess Ellis' retainer. Living in the castle until the day I die doesn't sound like that bad of a job to me."(edited)
[1:10 PM] REWlego: Everyone seems to have planned things out.... I really have no place
[1:12 PM] Mango: "Perhaps you'll find that one place someday, Leodin."
[1:14 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes. Surely, you'll find somewhere. Perhaps after the party, you could figure something out."
[1:15 PM] REWlego: Leodin started thinking about how he would be helping Elwyn for a long time in Nohr, but realized that Kazama might want Elwyn with him.
[1:16 PM] REWlego: He looked at Kazama "Maybe...."
[1:32 PM] Mango: "Hm..." The conversation came to a halt, what to do...
[1:34 PM] Mango: "Say, I saw that you two were talking about something, what was it about?"
[1:35 PM] REWlego: crap make up a lie, quick
[1:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah! Yes, ah..." Kazama quickly replaced his mask.
[1:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "We were discussing our families."
[1:36 PM] REWlego: I'm not good under pressure, please don't ask me anything
[1:37 PM] REWlego: Leodin nods
[1:42 PM] Mango: "Your families?"
[1:42 PM] Mango: "I'm sure you've learned quite a bit about eachother now, that must be nice." He smiled.
[1:44 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "How about you have a seat? We could learn about you, too."
[1:46 PM] Mango: '...I don't really have much to say about my family, I'd rather not think about them if I may be honest..."
[1:46 PM] REWlego: same...
[1:49 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "...I would say the same. There's no need to, then!"
[1:51 PM] AOMRocks20: "How has your day been going, Elwyn?"
[1:56 PM] Mango: "I haven't done much other than look around the place, it's quite lively and its very diverse..."
[1:59 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "I would say that's the best thing about Amaterasu. There are so many different kinds of people--even manaketes exist here. It's hard to believe how such a place could house so many different individuals."
[2:02 PM] REWlego: Leodin stands up "You two seem to having a nice chat, so I'll go keep an eye on the plaza."
[2:04 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "Oh. ...Thank you very much."
[2:04 PM] REWlego: Youre welcome Kazama
[2:04 PM] REWlego: Leodin nods and walks away
[2:11 PM] Mango: "Oh, stay safe, Leodin!"
[2:13 PM] Mango: "I wonder why he had to go...I suppose keeping an eye on the plaza is important, I would've done the same."
[2:14 PM] REWlego: Leodin checks on the two every once in a while just to make sure they're okay
[2:16 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods. "To be honest, I'm glad he's here. Gives me time to relax."
[2:22 PM] Mango: "Yeah, must be difficult standing watch all the time." Elwyn sits beside Kazama.
[2:26 PM] AOMRocks20: "It is. It can get very exhausting..." He lays back.
[2:30 PM] Mango: "I can slightly understand, traveling around by myself is quite tiring and lonesome..."
[2:35 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes... Loneliness is a terrible plague... I spend a long time traveling by myself."
[2:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course, sometimes Joshua comes along, but... he can sometimes be... bad company."
[2:46 PM] Mango: "What do you mean?"
[2:47 PM] AOMRocks20: "Just... he can get on my nerves sometimes, you know?"
[2:48 PM] Mango: Oh, thank GODS he shares the same opinion...
[2:48 PM] Mango: "...I know."
[2:50 PM] AOMRocks20: He gestures. "Then I don't think that requires an explanation, then."(edited)
[2:51 PM] Mango: "I see."
[2:53 PM] Mango: Elwyn began to hum again and slightly kick his legs.
[2:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "...What's it like in Izumo? It seems like a very nice land."
[2:54 PM] Mango: "It's peaceful, it is a neutral country after all."
[2:54 PM] Mango: "Many people from both Nohr and Hoshido stay there so they could avoid conflict."
[2:54 PM] Mango: "That's one reason why I stayed there."
[2:55 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah... What does it do with its army?"
[2:56 PM] Mango: "Nothing much, the army is there only for defending. Izumo doesn't do much when it comes to war. If they were invaded, then the army would fight back of course."
[2:57 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, of course. I would be surprised if they didn't." Kazama chuckled, fiddling with his mask.
[2:58 PM] Mango: "Say, why do you keep fiddling with your mask?"
[2:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, uh. It's just a habit of mine. Sometimes I feel like the thing doesn't fit right."
[3:00 PM] AOMRocks20: A nervous habit.
[3:00 PM] AOMRocks20: "So, where are you staying while you're here?"
[3:02 PM] Mango: "I don't really know where to stay, I suppose I'll just rent a room in an inn or something and stay there until the party is done."
[3:04 PM] AOMRocks20: "Really? Where'd you stay yesterday?"
[3:06 PM] Mango: "Oh, I decided to camp out and watch the stars. Don't you remember our conversation yesterday?"
[3:07 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes, yes! I did!" He smacks his forehead, chuckling. "I nearly forgot! How were the stars, by the way?"
[3:09 PM] Mango: "...It was cloudy." He looked disappointed.
[3:10 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama frowned under his mask. "That's a shame. There's always tonight, is there not?"(edited)
[3:12 PM] Mango: "I suppose so, but I'll probably take my chances sleeping in a warm bed instead of the ground."
[3:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, of course. But there's no need to watch the stars without camping out."
[3:14 PM] Mango: "True, I could always look out the window...but it's not the same without the calm feeling of nature."
[3:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, I mean... just head out to a small, quiet place, and just look up them. And then later, go to sleep."
[3:19 PM] AOMRocks20: "Have a warm bed, and go out and see nature, you know?"
[3:19 PM] Mango: "Yeah..."
[3:21 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama glances away, hesitating. "Perhaps I could show you a nice spot for looking out at them some time, in these next few weeks. That would be a fun way to fill the days until the party starts."
[3:22 PM] Mango: "Really? Oh, thank you, Kazama!"
[3:23 PM] AOMRocks20: He grins under his mask. "It's no problem! I would be happy to show you good sights--you likely won't see this city many times again, after all."
[3:23 PM] Mango: "...Yeah, I'll just have to make the most of it and make lots of good memories."
[3:24 PM] Mango: "Thank you again, Kazama. I'm very very grateful." He bowed.
[3:24 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama chuckled, blushing under his mask. "Of course, of course! I would be glad to fill you with happy memories of this place."
[3:29 PM] Mango: "Why don't we start now?"
[3:30 PM] AOMRocks20: "I would be more than glad to. What did you have in mind?"
[3:33 PM] Mango: "Anything would be fine, as long as I'm with you."
[3:34 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama laughs. "Elwyn, please...!"
[3:34 PM] Mango: "What? Did I say something wrong?"
[3:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, no, of course not..." He blushes brighter. That sounded a bit suggestive. "Hrm... How about we just wander the plaza and see what catches our eye?"
[3:43 PM] Mango: "Yes, that sounds nice!"
[3:45 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama stands up. "Shall we be off, then?"
[3:49 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm sure the two of us can find something to do together."
[3:52 PM] Mango: "As I said, as long as I'm with you, it's a precious memory either way."
[3:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course, of course, but to wander the plaza, you'll have to stand up!"
[4:02 PM] Mango: "I can't ride Michel?"
[4:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well, you can. May I ride with you, then?"
[4:06 PM] Mango: "Sure! This time you should hold on to me, the ride would be bumpy."
[4:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, of course!"
[4:09 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama hops onto Michel, grabbing tightly onto Elwyn's hips.
[4:12 PM] AOMRocks20: "Let's be off, then."
[4:16 PM] Mango: "All right, off we go! Michel!"
[4:16 PM] Mango: Michel neighed and started to move along.
[4:17 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama's grip tightened, shuffling closer. "You were right when you said it was bumpy... See anywhere you'd like to go?"
[4:23 PM] Mango: "Are you making me repeat a third time?" Elwyn chuckled.
[4:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "I mean--not to make any memories, just... something you'd think is fun. Do you really think just spending time with me is fun?"
[4:25 PM] Mango: "Of course!"
[4:26 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles. "How delightful."
[4:27 PM] AOMRocks20: "Are you hungry at all, yet?"
[4:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "I suppose not, since we just went to the dumpling stand... hrm." There was a small crowd near a few stores in the plaza. "Oooh. Go over there."
[4:40 PM] Mango: "I did eat a bunch of chocolate, so not really."
[4:40 PM] Mango: (disclaimer: that was supposed to be a reply to the hunger thing)
[4:40 PM] Mango: "Oh?" Elwyn turned to the crowd. "Sure, I guess...is there any specific reason?"
[4:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Well. There's probably a reason they're all gathered around, right?"
[4:42 PM] Mango: "True, let's go check it out then!"
[4:44 PM] AOMRocks20: "Alright, just ride over, then."
[4:47 PM] Mango: Elwyn moves along over to where the crowd was gathering. "I wonder what's going on..."
[4:48 PM] AOMRocks20: There's a small group of performers, playing music and dancing. Kazama leans over his shoulder to get a closer look.
[4:51 PM] Mango: Elwyns eyes began to widen. "Oh! A performing group!"
[4:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "Ah, how delightful. I love performers."
[4:55 PM] Mango: "Let's go watch!" Elwyn quickly dismounted Michel and held Kazama's hand to bring him with him.
[4:58 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazma chuckles, being pulled along. "Alright, alright..."
[5:08 PM] Mango: Elwyn was enjoying the music, he didn't let go of Kazama's hand.
[5:10 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama leaned on him slightly. "It's very beautiful, mm?"
[5:14 PM] Mango: "Yes...."
[5:14 PM] AOMRocks20: He stood with Elwyn there, in silence, just watching them.
[5:15 PM] Mango: There they stood, just holding hands and watching the performance until the end.
[5:16 PM] Mango: "Aah...that was really amazing! Thank you for telling me to come here, Kazama..."

No comments:

Post a Comment