Tuesday, January 17, 2017

[AG2] Glorifying Cowardice

Featuring: Yavae, Leodin

[6:26 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Later, Yavae stays by Vivi's side as she is treated, and as she sleeps.
[6:36 PM] bREWlager: In the afternoon on the 2nd day of being in Angrim, Leodin took the trek to Fort Ikkigane after he heard rumors of Vivianna. Upon seeing the two, he stood quietly at a distance.
[6:39 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae sat next to the bed, Vivi had been changed out of her wet clothes and into a medical gown, and Yavae left her cloak over the blankets in case Vivi wanted it when she awoke. Her eyes look up at Leodin from under her mask
[6:40 PM] bREWlager: Leodin looks at Yavae from behind his mask as well, and sits down on the opposite side of her bed. "Wh-what happened?"
[6:42 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "We were attacked. The attacker will not return."
[6:43 PM] bREWlager: "Who was it? Why did they attack?"
[6:44 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Fala. She had business with me." Yavae's tone is not its usual brash and loud display
[6:46 PM] bREWlager: Leodin looks at Vivi. "She'll be okay...right?"
[6:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "It's nothing major, she'll heal with rest."
[6:48 PM] bREWlager: "And Paris?"
[6:48 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Her stomach wasn't injured."
[6:49 PM] bREWlager: "Okay... that's good."
[6:51 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And what of you, were you injured in the escape?"
[6:52 PM] bREWlager: Since when did she care about me...? "Uh, no... we made it out okay. Thank you for asking though."
[6:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Don't thank me." Her tone remains dour...(edited)
[6:53 PM] bREWlager: "Is..something wrong, Yavae?"
[6:53 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You could say that..."
[6:54 PM] bREWlager: "What is the matter?" He shows her a concerned look, but most of it is covered by the mask.
[6:55 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "It's not important, I'm not worth the time..."
[7:00 PM] bREWlager: "No, that can't be true. Anything making you this melancholic is important."(edited)
[7:01 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Why? Last I checked you don't particularly like me, and with good reason."
[7:09 PM] bREWlager: "Nonsense Yavae. There's nobody here that I dislike. There's just...complications sometimes."
[7:11 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hmph, a rather kind point of view..."
[7:13 PM] bREWlager: "If you see it that way. I see it as normal."
[7:16 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, then I will tell you. I have broken rules which should not be broken, I have made choices I cannot unmake. This is not something I can take back."
[7:18 PM] bREWlager: "Do you mean... you broke the law?"
[7:18 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Not the laws of this land, or any land I know. I broke my own rules, which is far worse."
[7:19 PM] bREWlager: "...I agree. Breaking one's code is difficult to forgive... But it's possible."
[7:20 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "No, it is not."
[7:28 PM] bREWlager: "Your own personal code is yours to live by, which means you also need to be understanding with yourself when you break it."
[7:32 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I have proven I am too weak to follow a code."
[7:32 PM] bREWlager: "No way, Yavae. You're the strongest woman I know."
[7:36 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Physical strength is not everything."
[7:40 PM] bREWlager: "I know." He nods.
[7:41 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Then you will understand, my physical strength means nothing."
[7:42 PM] bREWlager: "I mean that as in, I know that physical strength is not everything...yet you're still the strongest woman I know."
[7:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "How?"
[7:45 PM] bREWlager: "You never let anything phase you, and you're always there for your friends. If that's not strength, then you must be a great actor."
[7:46 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, I'm letting something 'phase' me now."
[7:47 PM] bREWlager: "And that shows me that you're even stronger."
[7:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "How?"
[7:50 PM] bREWlager: "Because it says that even the strongest have things they get worried by... it shows that you aren't just a brute, and that you have fears, and personality. It takes strength to be able to talk about your fears openly like this."
[7:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "This isn't just a worry, Leodin, this is not something I can simply recover from."
[7:53 PM] bREWlager: "And why is that?"
[7:54 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I broke my own code. I am unable to keep my honor..."
[7:55 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I am unfit for my station..."
[7:55 PM] bREWlager: "What is it that you did to break your code?"
[7:55 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Does it matter..?"
[7:56 PM] bREWlager: "If I don't know what happened, then how will this ever get better?"
[7:57 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You have rules, do you not?"
[7:58 PM] bREWlager: "I do...just not as defined as yours I'd presume."
[8:00 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do you think, if you broke a rule you swore to never break, you could simply forgive yourself?"
[8:02 PM] bREWlager: "Not on my own."
[8:02 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Then you should understand."
[8:03 PM] bREWlager: "No, I said on my own. That's why we have our friends there to help us. To get us past these troublesome points in our lives."
[8:07 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "How?"
[8:08 PM] bREWlager: "By working together. By helping eachother."
[8:08 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Flowery vague promises mean nothing."
[8:09 PM] bREWlager: "I don't make promises I can't keep."
[8:10 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You have promised nothing, you didn't give an answer."
[8:11 PM] bREWlager: "And you gave no answer to what code you broke. If I'm to help you, then I need to know the issue."
[8:11 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She remains quiet for a while, then stands "Not here. Too many people."
[8:12 PM] bREWlager: Leodin stands with her. "Of course."
[8:13 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Follow." She begins walking through the fort.
[8:14 PM] bREWlager: Leodin follows Yavae to wherever she's leading him.
[8:16 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She walks out of the fort entirely, headed a fair distance from it
[8:16 PM] bREWlager: He waits patiently for her to tell him.
[8:17 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She eventually stops near a dead tree, leaning against it. She has yet to remove her mask "What I tell you, you will not tell anyone."
[8:18 PM] bREWlager: "My lips are sealed, Yavae."
[8:24 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "In the last battle... Kaija was wounded, enough so to fall unconscious. I was carrying her, trying to keep her safe. As we fought through the battle, I was separated from the army. I was surrounded. To fight and die in battle, that is honorable, but... I still had Kaija with me. I couldn't let them kill her like that, unconscious in the mud... So... I surrendered. To save her."
[8:25 PM] bREWlager: "And honorable thing to do, Yavae."
[8:25 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "No. Surrender is unforgivable."
[8:27 PM] bREWlager: "It's the exact opposite. Surrendering to save a friend is admirable."
[8:28 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I failed her, I failed my code, I failed my people."
[8:29 PM] bREWlager: "You cannot keep the belief that surrender makes you weak. It's the exact opposite."
[8:30 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "It's true."
[8:32 PM] bREWlager: "No. Surrendering requires courage Yavae. I can't help you if you don't let me explain."
[8:32 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What is courageous about giving up?"
[8:34 PM] bREWlager: "Surrendering means you know when you're beat. It means you recognize that you're outmatched. It takes a great deal of courage to be able to hand yourself over to the enemy."
[8:38 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She cracks her knuckles as she clenches her fists "Leodin... You know nothing, Leodin of Klihn."
[8:39 PM] bREWlager: "I know more than you may think..."
[8:40 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She turns away, walking into the woods. As she turns he may notice something if he's quick- a tear, falling from her mask.
[8:42 PM] bREWlager: "Yavae.. please, let me help you..." He pauses. "It takes strength to show your true emotions in public.. I respect you for that."
[8:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I do not surrender out of fear. You glorifying that... Is disgusting."
[8:44 PM] bREWlager: "I never said it was fear... I'm saying that it was admirable."
[8:44 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Stop glorifying cowardice."
[8:49 PM] bREWlager: "It is not cowardice, Yavae, when you give up everything to save your friend! It is not cowardice when you turn yourself over to the enemy when the only other option was death! It is not cowardice to betray one's way of life for a better path..." the last sentence he says with much more meaning...and she can tell that it was personal to him.
[8:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Personal or not, his greivous insult to her conviction and beliefs has made her largely deaf to his words "I have no more desire to speak to you, son of Klihn."
[9:21 PM] bREWlager: "I...understand. I'm sorry that you aren't able to see how brave you actually were."
[9:21 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Leave. Now." She shakes a bit, holding back her anger
[9:24 PM] bREWlager: He nods. "Farewell." He walks back to where Vivi was.
[9:24 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She continues walking into the woods, she did not intend to head back any time soon...
[9:26 PM] DiurnalKnight!: ===end rp===





No comments:

Post a Comment