Tuesday, January 17, 2017

[AG] Beneath the Painted Mask

Featuring: Yavae, Kaija


[9:29 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae, now long after nightfall, had found a hill to wallow in her shame on. She sits, watching the moon with her mask on.
[9:30 PM] crab slambopoulis: Unfortunately for her, she wouldn't be able to get any privacy in her wallowing. Kaija soon finds her.
[9:31 PM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae doesn't notice the girl's approach, her back being turned to her. She had been avoiding Kaija since getting out of the prison...
[9:32 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Hey. Yavae?"
[9:35 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She jumps a bit in surprise, then recognizes the voice. Her heart beats a bit faster... She wasn't sure how she felt about Kaija at the moment, or herself. "What... What do you want?"
[9:35 PM] crab slambopoulis: "You've been avoiding me this whole time"
[9:37 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Perhaps I have... And?"
[9:38 PM] crab slambopoulis: "I want to know why"
[9:39 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I'm... Not worth your time."
[9:40 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Why's that? You saved me"
[9:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I am no leader, no heir... You deserve a better master, and that's all I have to say on the matter."
[9:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She keeps her back turned to Kaija, refusing to look at her
[9:45 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Do you have any real reason to believe that, Yavae?"
[9:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija, I have proven that I cannot follow my own codes. You know that."
[9:50 PM] crab slambopoulis: "So you'd rather have us all dead?"
[9:55 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What? No."
[9:55 PM] crab slambopoulis: "That's what would have happened if you didn't surrender"
[9:56 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija..." Her voice wavers "Why are you speaking to me still?"
[9:58 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Because you're my friend. You know that."
[10:01 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She falls silent, but Kaija might hear a soft sob... She doesn't seem to want to bother Kaija with her problems
[10:03 PM] crab slambopoulis: Kaija puts her hand on Yavae's shoulder
[10:04 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Yavae.. Show me what you're hiding there"
[10:06 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She shakes a bit, turning her masked face away. The sound of some tears dripping from her mask to the ground can be heard
[10:07 PM] crab slambopoulis: She continues the song "Beneath the painted mask/The face that you never show the audience"
[10:08 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Don't. Don't sing that Kaija." Her voice becomes shakier
[10:13 PM] crab slambopoulis: She hugs her "That's all I ask."
[10:15 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She barely holds back her sobbing, beginning to cry openly
[10:20 PM] crab slambopoulis: Kaija continues on softly "The pain that you feel when you are beaten/The tears that you shed when no-one's looking"
[10:23 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She curls up more, almost as if trying to push her away
[10:24 PM] crab slambopoulis: Kaija hugs her tighter "Don't be ashamed,/Because we all feel the same/It's alright, It's okay"
[10:28 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Why... Why do you want to help someone like me..."
[10:30 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Don't worry, you don't have to fake a smile/You can cry if you want to/Just be true to you"
[10:32 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She uncurls a bit, trying and failing to regain composure
[10:36 PM] crab slambopoulis: She gets a bit softer "It's alright, It's okay/It doesn't matter what they have to say"
[10:36 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Using her song... That's... That's low..."
[10:40 PM] crab slambopoulis: "You won't face it on your own, I will cry with you"
[10:40 PM] crab slambopoulis: And true to her word, there's a wet spot on her shoulder
[10:42 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She drops the pretense entirely, and suddenly embraces Kaija, crying loudly. She grabs her mask and rips it free, snapping the straps holding it on to reveal her crying face
[10:42 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija... I'm so sorry..."
[10:44 PM] crab slambopoulis: Kaija hugs her back
[10:46 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You... You're too good of a person. The greatest friend I have ever had..."
[10:49 PM] crab slambopoulis: "That's why I don't want to see you beat yourself up over this"
[10:50 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija... I broke my code, what else should I do? I have failed my people.."
[11:03 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Get over it"
[11:04 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Keep on living, Yavae"
[11:04 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Show that you're strong enough to"
[11:04 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I'm not strong, I surrendered... I should have died out there..."
[11:11 PM] crab slambopoulis: "And then you'd be dead. Then what? I can't think of anything easier"
[11:11 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Easier...?"
[11:14 PM] crab slambopoulis: "You don't have to do anything when you're gone. It's over. With this you have to prove you can keep going."
[11:15 PM] DiurnalKnight!: She doesn't have a response, she'd never thought of dying in battle like that...
[11:23 PM] crab slambopoulis: "So.. what are you gonna do about it?"
[11:30 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I... I don't know. I saved you, I could never choose not to no matter the cost, but... What I did to do it, I said I would never surrender... It's cowardly. I would die for you, I would kill for you, but... What about what I'v done..."
[11:33 PM] crab slambopoulis: "What about it, Yavae?"
[11:34 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You know what! Losing my life is one thing, losing my honor... It's not the same!"
[11:36 PM] crab slambopoulis: "Then think about what you did it for!"(edited)
[11:57 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I... I did it for you, obviously. You're the most loyal person I have met, a dedicated and honorable woman, and more than that you are my friend!"
January 18, 2017
[12:02 AM] crab slambopoulis: "Don't you think that's worth it?"
[12:03 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "B-but..." She sits silently, then begins crying again
[12:05 AM] crab slambopoulis: She just hugs her again
[12:06 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I've... I've been a fool Kaija."
[12:15 AM] crab slambopoulis: "Yeah.. yeah you have, but I forgive you"
[12:16 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I... I'm worried about forgiving myself."
[12:22 AM] crab slambopoulis: "Why's that?"
[12:24 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "You know... Either... Either I've broken my honor, or my honor was a foolish code to begin with."
[12:26 AM] crab slambopoulis: "Or you found the one reason that trumped all else"
[12:27 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija... I have a lot of things to think about. And... Thank you, for making me face that."
[12:28 AM] crab slambopoulis: "Of course. What else are friends for?"
[12:38 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija... I want to say something very serious to you. This isn't merely some joke or teasing, nor is it a product of sadness."
[12:49 AM] crab slambopoulis: "Alright. What is it?"
[12:50 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Kaija, please stand." Yavae herself lets go of the hug, and kneels.
[12:51 AM] crab slambopoulis: She stands in front of her
[12:54 AM] DiurnalKnight!: She swaps to speaking in their native tongue "[Kaija of the Fire Tribe, you have proven yourself an honorable warrior. Honorable, just, loyal, and kind. You are a warrior too worthy to fall under anyone's command who they do not choose, and as such I release you from your bonds as my lady in waiting. From this day forth, no matter what happens, I speak to you not as your princess, but as your equal. I speak to you... As my friend.]"
[12:55 AM] crab slambopoulis: Kaija is stunned. She really isn't sure how to react at all.
[12:59 AM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae looks a bit embarrassed when Kaija doesn't react, for once seeming more flustered than brash and dominant "[W-well...? I didn't make myself look stupid, did I?]"
[1:00 AM] crab slambopoulis: "[No.. I.. I really don't know what to say]"
[1:02 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "[Kaija, I am truly glad that you were willing to come with me here.]"
[1:06 AM] crab slambopoulis: "[Thank you for taking me]"
[1:08 AM] DiurnalKnight!: She smiles, then suddenly springs up, wrapping Kaija in a hug, happy tears coming from her eyes
[1:16 AM] crab slambopoulis: Kaija hugs back to the best of her ability
[1:18 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Jeez... Look at me, freaking out over this. Come on Kaija, wanna head back to the fort now..?" She says, still crying with a smile on her face
[1:26 AM] crab slambopoulis: "That sounds good to me"
[1:28 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Alright. Want me to carry you?"
[1:56 AM] DiurnalKnight!: The two head back to the fort to rest
[1:56 AM] DiurnalKnight!: ===end rp===




No comments:

Post a Comment