Sunday, January 22, 2017

[AG1] A Talking Spellbook

Featuring: Tori, Jean


January 22, 2017
[9:48 PM] Tori: With a newly filled coin purse, Tori made her way to the nearest arms dealer to prepare for the siege. The shopkeep seemed to be distracted by other matters and didn't even notice she walked in. Hey you. Do you wanna cast a spell? Tori looked around for the source of whatever she heard, or thought she just heard. No one else was in the store except the shopkeeper and her. She dismissed it, thinking it was just her head messing with her. "Can't hear me huh? Well I can find someone else who wants to cast a spell"
[9:48 PM] Tori: That...can't be a coincidence...Tori looked around the shop but again only saw a distracted shopkeeper. "Did you say something?" "Not a word miss" responded the shopkeeper without so much as looking in her direction. "Hey you, if you can hear me, look over to where the tomes are" This time, Tori was sure of what she heard and looked toward the tomes section but found nothing special at first sight. "Come here, I'll show you something"
[9:48 PM] Tori: Tori looked around the shop one last time to make sure it wasn't someone messing with her before approaching the tomes. She stood in front of the shelves and looked around for what might have be the source of that voice. "Now take this!" Before Tori had a chance to react to what she just heard, the tome launched a puff of wind at the wall causing it to fall off the shelf, hit Tori on the head, then fall to the floor. "Ow" What was that?
[9:48 PM] Tori: Tori looked up then looked down to see a tome on the floor. She picked it up and examined the tome wondering how it fell even though she hadn't touched anything. Just when she thought there was nothing special about it, the cover and some of its pages opened up slightly. "How was that? Spells are fun aren't they?" "That was you? How are you acting on your own?"
[9:48 PM] Tori: "Funny story but the short version is an old witch some centuries ago was messing around with a brew and something went wrong. I'm what came out of that brew. I've been in this one store for a few years now. Name's Satella but I guess you could call me whatever you want." "Uh right...I'm Tori. Never thought I'd have to introduce myself to a book. Putting that aside, how come no one's bought you? Surely a talking spellbook has to be worth quite a bit."
[9:49 PM] Tori: "Well I would be but most people can't here me, like that shopkeeper over there. The ones that can, just ignore me or get creeped out and leave. So wad'ya say? Take me with you?" The shopkeeper took a quick peek at Tori wondering why she was talking to herself, but quickly turned back to what he was doing before. "I'm not exactly a mage though. I've dabbled it in a little bit but I've always been more comfortable with a sword."
[9:49 PM] Tori: "But spells are fun! So fun! And since you can talk to me, you have the potential to be a great witch." "Eh I'm not so sure about this..." "And if you're still not up for it, you can at least try to use magic like a sword." "Still not sure about this but I guess I can give it a shot." Tori took Satella to the counter. The shopkeeper approached the counter and glanced at the tome. "That'll be 1500g." Tori pulled out exact change from her bag, put the coins on the counter, then walked out, Satella in hand. ==End RP (1/2)==
January 24, 2017
[12:20 AM] Tori: Night time on the same day Tori quietly made her way to the designated training area with only a small lamp in hand. She believed she would stick with swords and lances so she decided she would only spend some spare time, whenever she could find some, to practice magic. "Finally going to play with magic! woohoo!" "Shh, I know there aren't a lot of people who can't hear you but I don't want to disturb the ones that can." Tori smacks her tome, then made her way to one of the corners in the training area. She hung the lamp somewhere nearby. It wasn't very bright but she could see fairly well so long as she stood near it. It was enough for what she had in mind. "Alright, let's warm up and see what I can do."
[12:20 AM] Tori: Tori did a quick stretch then shot out an unimpressive fireball from her hands which fizzled away not more than ten feet from its origin. Then with another quick motion, she sent out a weak breeze. "That's it? That was so boring" Satella asked, completely unimpressed, dumfounded even by how someone like Tori could hear it speaking. "Well yeah, I told you I haven't really dipped into magic that much." "This is worse than anything I imagined. Here, try following the instructions on this page." Satella flipped to a page containing a very basic wind spell. Tori picked up Satella and walked over to the lamp to get a better view of the page.
[12:20 AM] Tori: "Seems simple enough...I guess I can try this out." She took the stance as described in the book, stuck her arm out, then summoned a gust of wind "Mmm, it's better, still no fun, but that was better" Satella noted. "Well you can't really expect me to become good all of the sudden, though that was a lot better than the first try for some reason." "Try taking off all that armor you're wearing. You don't need it right now anyway." "I don't know about that, if I ever get around to using magic in combat, I think it's best I stay dressed the way I would be when I'm fighting."
[12:20 AM] Tori: "Well as it is now, you can't cast even a remotely fun spell. You should probably cast a proper spell before you get to thinking about using it for anything specific." "..." "Fine you have a point." Tori took off her armor, leaving her in just her street clothes. She rolled her shoulders a bit to enjoy the reduced weight she was now carrying. "Ok, let's try this again." Tori went through the same motions as last time. When she cast the spell however, instead of creating unfocused winds, the wind gathered at the palm of her hand which then flew forward but again scattered before going too far.
[12:20 AM] Tori: "Whoa" "Now we're getting somewhere! But it's still not enough...hmm." "Was that not enough for a start? You have some high expectations for someone who basically just started." "..." "Take off your clothes." "...what?" "I think I see your problem here. The old hag who made me always wore some loose fitting clothes. Something about them not getting in the way or something like that."
[12:21 AM] Tori: "...You're kidding. Besides it's almost winter, it's freezing outside." "I'll make a deal with you, if this doesn't work, you can just get rid of me. That arms dealer you bought me from does give refunds from what I've seen while sitting on those shelves." Tori let out a sigh "Oh fine, I'll give it a try." "Here before you do, I'll show you something fun" Satella enveloped the area around Tori with a weak fire causing the temperature around her to become warmer. "That should make it a little more bearable while you adjust."
[12:21 AM] Tori: "Thanks...I guess" Tori darkened the lamp a bit then begin to slowly take off her clothes, leaving on only her undergarments. She air was significantly warmer than anything she had expected and was actually pretty close to what could be called comfortable. Though she knew that wouldn't last. "Alright last go at this." Though now I kind of wish it would fail so I can stop wasting my time. Tori took the same stance as before, pointed her arm foward, and cast the spell. What came up however, was nothing like the previous attempts. Pressurized winds gathered in the palm of her hand, but when she released the spell, a miniaturized tornado flew out and caused a LOUD explosion upon hitting the ground over 30 meters away.
[12:21 AM] Tori: "WOOHOO! Now that's what I'm talking about! That's what I wanted to see." Tori stood dumbfounded by what she just saw. The pain in her ear from being so close to the explosion nor the cold could get through to her. A second later Tori came to her senses. Her first thought Did I just do that? Her second thought That just woke everyone up didn't it? Uh-Oh Tori looked down at herself, obviously finding that she was naked.(edited)
[8:54 AM] Abyssal John John: In the stables nearby Angard and Jean awoke to the loud explosion. The young man seemed to be angered by the sudden explosion more then worried. If it was an attack there should have been a second sound and more people panicking by now. While the man and his wyvern were extremely light sleepers he felt that explosion had perhaps awoken everything in the nearby vicinity.
"Uuugh....I remember now why I usually don't sleep with the others....godforsaken idiots training in the dead of night. Let's tell them to keep it down if no one else wasn't awakened by this. Jean groggily stood up as he and his wyvern went to the source of the explosive sound where the young man and wyvern found a near-naked Tori alone training by herself. "Hey could you yaaaaaaaawn keep it down in here at the very least. More reasonable soldiers are trying to sleep." Jean still being groggy didn't notice the strange sight he had just saw until Angard suddenly placed her wings over his face and started to loudly shriek at whoever was in front of them. At the very least Jean was awake now. "Gods Angard you don't need to shield my eyes like I'm a child! I've probably seen worse at this point..." Going under the wyvern's wings to escape them Jean then noticed the sight in front of him and grinned. "Hello there Tori. So do you usually train in the nearly nude or is this some kind of special occasion?"
[5:17 PM] Tori: Tori fell to the floor, exhausted from casting all those spells. She noted that no one came in to see what the noise was about and decided to lie down for a quick rest. "How was that?" Tori asked, exhaustedly. "It's perfect. Wasn't that fun!?" "I don't know about fun but it sure seems useful, if only it wasn't so exhausting..." Tori heard the sound of approaching footsteps. She panicked internally because she was too tired to move much less try and cover herself up. She hoped that whoever was coming would just pass by without getting close enough to realize her current state. Once Jean approached, Tori could do little but try and look away as best she could. Her face was flushed with red. "That's uh well...funny story actually." "..." "I'd hate to be seen like this but I can't really move right now. Could you get me my clothes over there?" Tori tried to turn her head further away from Jean, becoming more embarassed by the minute.
[5:24 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean smiled as he went over to the clothes. "What is this? A red face flushed with embarrassment? Who would've thought the stone cold tactician could even have emotions let alone feel embarrassment!" Jean dumped the clothes in front of the woman. "Do you want me to turn the other way while you get dressed Tori?"
[5:39 PM] Tori: Shame covered Tori's face as she was unable to do even the most basic things such as putting on clothes. I can't really ask Jean to put my clothes on for me, but maybe I can get him to take me back to camp on his wyvern. That'll at least keep others from seeing me like this and get me out of the cold. "Sorry but I really can't move a muscle. Do you think you could carry me back to camp on your wyvern? I really don't want anyone else seeing me like this and it's getting really cold."
[5:55 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean shrugged. "No who would've thought I see a day like this? Tori asking me for a ride on my wyvern. Not even the boldest of fortune tellers could have foretold this." Jean looked to his wyvern. "You would alright with carrying Tori right Angard?" The Black wyvern just made some shrieks under it's breath as it walked to Tori before offering the woman a seat on her back. "I would usually have a saddle for two in times like these but unfortunately you seem to have caught me off guard."
[6:00 PM] Tori: "A saddle's the least of my issues right now. Let's just get out of here. It's getting really cold. You'll have to carry me onto your wyvern's back."
[6:12 PM] Abyssal John John: "Alright then Tori. No complaining though alright." With one swift motion Jean picked Tori up and held her in his arms bridal style. Hmph. Seeing Tori like this she almost feels human in a way.... He then boarded Angard. "Alright. Just tell me where you need us to go. While I would love to go flying with you like this I wouldn't forgive myself if I let you freeze your naked body away." He looked down at Tori and gave her a smile.
[6:50 PM] Tori: Being lifted up that way made Tori blush all over again, not because of embarassment however, but something else entirely. "My tent is to the left of here." ... "Did you really have to say naked there?" Tori mumrmured to herself.
[6:56 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean just chuckled as Angard started to make her way to Tori's Tent. "So what do you want me to see your nude body? No matter what there's no getting around the fact that I'm carrying you back to your tent with you being in the bare minimum. Imagine if someone saw us like this, think of the rumors that would start to circle around." Jean smiled obviously enjoying this a bit too much.
[7:10 PM] Tori: "Not like I have a choice" Tori, as best she could, looked away from Jean. Her face still as red as ever. "As for rumors, you'll hide me with your wyvern...right?"(edited)
[7:14 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean shrugged. "Of course I will darling. I don't want your reputation being ruined. But for what reason were you playing around with magic in the middle of the night. I thought you were a gal who preferred long lances and thick blades."
[7:24 PM] Tori: "I, um, learned some things in that prison and decided to try some things out. It might not work out anyway, especially given what's happening now, but I think I might be able to make use of magic at some point."
[7:29 PM] Abyssal John John: "Oh so you've decided to become a mage now. That could be useful the only mages that come to mind in this army are Grendle and Sula so we could use more offensive magic at our side. And I guess that just proves how multi-talented you are in most things if it's so easy for you to switch from weapons to magic like that."
[7:38 PM] Tori: "ahaha"Tori laughs weakly. "Thanks for the compliment I guess. My tent's that one on the right in front of us." Not exactly pointing to it but there weren't many other possible options in front of them that could be Tori's tent.
[7:40 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nods as he gets off of Angard. "Do you need me to tuck you in as well? I can only enter with the lady's permission."
[7:42 PM] Tori: "Uhh...yeah. I'd appreciate that."
[7:50 PM] Abyssal John John: Jean nodded as she went into the woman's tent and placed her down on her cot. He then brought in her tomes and clothing. "Well then Tori it was nice spending some quality time with you but if you'll excuse me I'll be getting back to sleep myself. Perhaps next time me and you can go on an actual date." Jean began to excuse himself out of the tent before turning back around. "Also I must admit you have quite the nice body under all that armor." With that last statement Jean left as he and his Wyvern disappeared into the night.
[7:54 PM] Tori: "a date huh, maybe..." She watched as Jean walked out and tried her best to fall asleep and forget what just happened until Jean popped back in. Tori blushed again then quickly closed her eyes and whispered to herself "...not." then fell asleep ==end rp (2/2)==(edited)




No comments:

Post a Comment