Monday, August 8, 2016

47: Pathetic Defense of Pride

Featuring: Yavae, Kazama

August 8, 2016
[11:05 AM] DiurnalKnight!: Yavae was proudly maintaining her newest weapon in the hall outside the mess. The Berserk Axe was an impressive sight, even to the proud Fire Tribe warrior
[11:06 AM] AOMidori20: Kazama exits the mess hall, sighing.
[11:07 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm? Something wrong, ninja?"
[11:09 AM] AOMidori20: Kazama looks up, surprised. "Mm? Ah, Yavae... you've taken a look around the castle, I see."
[11:11 AM] AOMidori20: He nods. "You are correct, though. I am... troubled."
[11:12 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "It's been nice at a few points. And is something troubling you other than this general situation?"
[11:13 AM] AOMidori20: He waves his hand dismissively. "This land has had worse times. But... I have failed in my duty."
[11:14 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Hm..? Which duty? I am not sure you even told me what your job is, other than captain of the guard."
[11:15 AM] AOMidori20: "I serve as retainer to Princess Ellis, and by extension the royal family. My duty is to protect them by any means."
[11:17 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I see. And with Luna unconscious, you feel you have failed?"
[11:18 AM] AOMidori20: "And as I carried Lord Salveon to safety, I felt how frail he was..."
[11:21 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, unless you can single-handedly destroy these monsters, then don't blame yourself."
[11:23 AM] AOMidori20: "Where else could the blame lie than on me? I was put in a position to protect the plaza, and failed; I am in the employ of protecting the royal family, of which two are in danger of death, and one is more than likely a corpse as we speak."
[11:23 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Then get stronger and fix it, blaming yourself will solve nothing."
[11:24 AM] AOMidori20: "...hrrrm." Kazama leans back on the wall near Yavae.
[11:25 AM] DiurnalKnight!: She keeps sharpening the impractically huge axe
[11:26 AM] AOMidori20: "I suppose... you are correct. However, this failure still hangs over me."
[11:27 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Work to atone then. You are going to join the assault on the north, yes?"
[11:28 AM] AOMidori20: "Joshua has not convinced me."
[11:30 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "What?" She looks surprised "Why would you not?"
[11:31 AM] AOMidori20: "Because, from what I have been informed, we are not permitted to act there."
[11:31 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "Permitted? By who?"
[11:32 AM] AOMidori20: "By my liege."
[11:32 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "She has forbade you from saving lives and regaining your honor? For what reason?"
[11:34 AM] AOMidori20: "It is not my concern."
[11:35 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "You do not question her at all?"
[11:37 AM] AOMidori20: "I have had no reason to in the past, Yavae. If she says we must not, then we must not. I cannot have my name sullied further by being caught."
[11:38 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "I expect all of my subordinates to question me if they are unsure of my choices."
[11:39 AM] AOMidori20: "Then your subordinates do not respect your authority."
[11:41 AM] DiurnalKnight!: "You should watch your words. They question me because I tell them to, I will not allow those too scared to question me to serve me."
[12:27 PM] AOMidori20: "Hesitancy and questioning puts one's life on the line."
[12:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "As does blind service. A leader who is never questioned will never know when they are wrong."
[12:48 PM] AOMidori20: "Their failure is proof of such."
[12:49 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You would rather let her fail and potentially die rather than warn her ahead of time?"
[12:51 PM] AOMidori20: "There is little potential for death, unless she makes the foolish move of leading our army."
[12:52 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do not dodge my question, Kazama. This is a matter of life and death for many people."
[12:57 PM] AOMidori20: "If she did something that would put her at risk, I would caution her."
[12:58 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "The lives of the people are at stake too. At the moment, those are her responsibility, and it is thus your responsibility to tell her when you think she is making a bad choice."
[1:00 PM] AOMidori20: "It is my responsibility to ensure Ellis and the royal family live."
[1:01 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "They will not be "royal" if they have no one willing to serve them."
[1:02 PM] AOMidori20: "Their retainers are willing."
[1:02 PM] AOMidori20: "At least one of them."
[1:05 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And is a single person a kingdom?"
[1:06 PM] AOMidori20: "Perhaps not. However, that does not matter. Ellis is my liege, and as my job, I will defend my liege until my death. ...or, more accurately, perhaps, her death."
[1:07 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And by refusing to question her, all you do is hasten her along that path."
[1:08 PM] AOMidori20: He shrugs. "Perhaps. However, by questioning her always, it may lead to my death."
[1:09 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Then do not do take it to either extreme. Now, answer- has she done something recently that you did not agree with?"
[1:12 PM] AOMidori20: Another shrug. "I have not disagreed with any orders she gave personally."
[1:13 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And any decisions she made?"
[1:13 PM] AOMidori20: "No."
[1:14 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, what of her choice to not let us assault the North Ward?"
[1:15 PM] AOMidori20: "I may recall incorrectly, but I recall talk of large amounts of monsters being housed there."
[1:15 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "And you would prefer that we just leave them to do as they wish?"
[1:19 PM] AOMidori20: "I would prefer that over an unauthorized, small group of people attempting to assault it."
[1:20 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Then you are incompetent and to make it worse also completely underestimating our own capabilities."
[1:23 PM] AOMidori20: He shrugs. "That's what you think. It's possible I am simply misinformed, but as someone who has seen the north ward, I have great doubt whatever band Joshua rallies up will be able to entirely clear the threat."
[1:25 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You may sit back and cower then, if that is what you prefer. I shall help clear the north, wether your princess 'allows' it or not."
[1:26 PM] AOMidori20: Kazama scoffs.
[1:27 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What? Do you have a problem with this plan?"
[1:29 PM] AOMidori20: "I have a problem with Joshua's insubordination."
[1:30 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Too bad. Perhaps he is wiser than you."
[1:31 PM] AOMidori20: Kazama chuckles.
[1:32 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Once we have cleared it, I will expect an apology."
[1:32 PM] AOMidori20: "For what?" Kazama smiles under his mask.
[1:33 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "This rudeness. I expect subordinates to question me, but to apologize if they are proven wrong."
[1:34 PM] AOMidori20: "You speak as though I am serving you, not discussing something."
[1:36 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You are subordinate to her, she is my equal."
[1:37 PM] AOMidori20: "And so, I am your subordinate?" Kazama looks amused.
[1:37 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "No, but you are certainly on their rank."
[1:39 PM] AOMidori20: "Hah. Perhaps."
[1:41 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Plus, even if you were not my subordinate, your actions are still rude."
[1:42 PM] AOMidori20: "What actions?"
[1:42 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Your dismissiveness of my decision to save lives."
[1:43 PM] AOMidori20: "Your attempt to save lives."
[1:43 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "As I said, you will apologize when I succeed."
[1:45 PM] AOMidori20: "And when you return, bruised and cut by those gargantuan monsters, finding nothing but bodies? What then?"
[1:45 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "The north will be cleared."
[1:46 PM] AOMidori20: "And we will have wasted valuable resources that could have been used on raids, saving those outside the barrier."
[1:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You consider keeping enemies from springing a surprise attack on us from within the barrier "wasting" resources? You really are an idiot."
[1:49 PM] AOMidori20: He shrugs. "You may think so. Stationing troops there to defend it greatly reduces the risk."
[1:49 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Troops that could guard the outside and go on raids if they didn't have to worry about the enemies within our walls."
[1:50 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Also, have you completely forgotten that the north has a path right to the chamber Luna is in?"
[1:52 PM] AOMidori20: "I have not. Barricading the area would stop the enemy's advance. And if they wanted to spring a surprise attack, they would have."
[1:55 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Are you honestly going to be this delusional just to convince yourself this girl is in the right?"
[2:00 PM] AOMidori20: "Perhaps. However, I have far more experience in Tesamaaru Castle than you, Yavae."
[2:01 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "I know what battle is like, Kazama."
[2:02 PM] AOMidori20: "And I know the size of the battlefield you're fighting in. What're you planning to do? Run in and engage them all?"
[2:03 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Are you going to be so petty that you will refuse to even give us information in hopes that we will fail? You would sacrifice soldiers from the defense for such pathetic defense of pride?"
[2:04 PM] AOMidori20: "You would sacrifice the lives of the people we've already saved for perhaps nothing?"
[2:05 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Do not avoid my question." She growls
[2:05 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Answer it."
[2:05 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Now"
[2:05 PM] AOMidori20: Kazama chuckles.
[2:06 PM] AOMidori20: "I would not."
[2:07 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Then we shall find out the layout of the castle and do an effective attack."
[2:08 PM] AOMidori20: "And what strategy does Joshua's small group have that will engage and defeat every monster in there?"
[2:09 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "We will work on that, and will succeed with ease. And then, you will apologize."
[2:10 PM] AOMidori20: "Have you considered something, Yavae?"
[2:10 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Considered what?"
[2:11 PM] AOMidori20: "Have you ever considered that these monsters want to cause the most destruction possible?"
[2:11 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Your point?"
[2:12 PM] AOMidori20: "It seems very clear that the enemy would easily outnumber the force Joshua is rallying up to attack the north ward. But there's something very vital he has to do in order to access it."
[2:14 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Remove the defenses? We put them up once, if we die we will still be able to put them back up again, idiot."
[2:14 PM] AOMidori20: "Yavae, you've turned a lot of things into corpses. You of all people should know they can't do anything."
[2:16 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Not what I meant, idiot."
[2:16 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "If the attacking force falls, the defending force can put the defenses back up."
[2:17 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Or is the idea of more than one thing happening at a time difficult for you to process?"
[2:18 PM] AOMidori20: "Yavae, what would make you think Joshua has the resources to recruit a defending force?"
[2:18 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "The ones already defending the barrier, imbecile. Or do you not keep track of where your own men are?"
[2:19 PM] AOMidori20: "From what I recall, the ward is simply barricaded off."
[2:19 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "...Wait, I was just making fun of you, did you literally forget your own men?"
[4:33 PM] AOMidori20: "I have no men under my command anymore. ...and what soldiers do occupy the barricades can be easily overrun."
[4:34 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What is with you and dodging the point instead of admitting when you are wrong?"
[4:34 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "it makes speaking to you infuriating."
[4:36 PM] AOMidori20: He shrugs. "You mentioned if I had forgotten my own men. I responded that I have no men anymore."
[4:38 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, in your attempt to dodge the point you only reinforced my own- if you truly believe the men guarding the barricade are unable to do so, then we have no choice but to clear the threat out as soon as possible before they are overrun."
[4:43 PM] AOMidori20: "Opening the barricade with the small force Joshua has organized, however, would more than likely allow the monsters to breach the castle anyway."
[4:47 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "You think they could get past us at full force?"
[4:53 PM] AOMidori20: "Of course I do. This isn't a fully stocked garrison, this is a small squad of troops that are, for one, possessing a horrid lack of resources and, for two, aren't even supposed to be in the north ward in the first place. I could easily see some monsters slipping by and making their way into the lower areas of the castle to terrorize the civilians and refugees we spent so much time rescuing."
[4:56 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "They won't make it past us, we're not all incompetent."
[4:56 PM] AOMidori20: "Are you saying that Joshua's small force will somehow be capable of engaging the entirety of the monsters located in the ward at once?"
[4:57 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "We don't need to. We need to open just one entrance, go in, and have them seal the entrance again as soon as we are through."
[4:58 PM] AOMidori20: "...It appears as though you seek to make that ward your tomb."
[5:00 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "If we fail, then that is what it shall be. If we succeed, the castle will be safer and we may secure resources and survivors."
[5:01 PM] AOMidori20: "Hrmph." Kazama folds his arms.
[5:03 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "What, you suddenly care if I die?"
[5:05 PM] AOMidori20: "Of course not. I just don't believe there is anything left to say."
[5:07 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Well, then we'll see who wins."
[5:09 PM] AOMidori20: Kazama chuckles. "And I'll make sure to apologize."
[5:13 PM] AOMidori20: "But not to you."
[5:21 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "To who then?"
[5:23 PM] AOMidori20: "Most likely a formal one to the Fire Tribe, Joshua's family, and the rest of those in that band who have families we can contact, as well as those of the people seeking refuge in the castle whose family members get slaughtered by monsters." Kazama shifts off from his leaning position stretching. "This has been fun, talking with you, Yavae."
[5:23 PM] DiurnalKnight!: "Once we succeed, I will expect that apology." She stands and begins to walk off
[5:25 PM] AOMidori20: Kazama chuckles, vanishing.
[5:27 PM] DiurnalKnight!: ===end rp===



No comments:

Post a Comment