Sunday, February 12, 2017

[Ch8] Leodin Slays Satomi

Featuring: Bedivere, Leodin, Satomi


[3:11 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere sighs as his horse continues towards an enemy. He looks at the crackling lance in his hand, and puts it down to his side. I really want to learn to use this thing, but...gods, landing blows with the magic is...difficult.
[12:40 AM] Amasuro: Enemy Phase Guy Satomi takes Bedivere on a one way trip to Fuk Town ((He got entrapped))

[3:11 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere looks around at his surroundings, momentarily distracted by nearby combat between allies and enemies, and decides that they have it under control. He pats Seth a little, indicating to the trusty steed to move forward a little. He sighs. This battle was proving...surprisingly difficult. The cavalier mentally kicks himself, chastising his idiocy in thinking he could go charging in willy nilly after barely fighting for over a year. These thoughts are rudely interrupted by a sudden tugging at his neck, as though someone is trying to rip it from his body. He gasped in surprise, closing his eyes and looking to the ground from instinctive fear. He opens his eyes within moments, to find himself on unfamiliar ground. The floor still...seemed the same, and he could still hear fighting, though a little more distant now...he looked up, noticing a woman in front of him, holding a staff that...seemed familiar to him. He racks his brain in a moment of rising panic. Where is he? Who on earth is this woman? And most importantly, how far is he from everyone else? ...think, Bed, surely you learned about this in Bachlumya...umm...wait, of course, staves exist that can...teleport people, don't they? There were...two variants if memory serves...and this woman looks...decidedly noble. So, an enemy. Noting her particularly extravagant, but not particularly armored clothing, and the fact the woman was holding a staff that would probably break upon trying to hit something, he takes a chance to attack the woman, throwing morals of attacking helpless foes out of the window out of quiet rage and rather obvious fear. He lets out a quiet attempt at a confident cry that came more like a whimper, drew his sharpest lance and lunged at the woman, his mind dully registering how drastically more intimidating her expression seemed from up close....
Bedivere attacks Satomi!
Hit, Bedivere deals 16 damage
Bedivere is now level 15!
Bedivere learned Future Sight!

Satomi uses Entrap on Leodin!








February 12, 2017

2:35 PM] bREWlager "Well well, Vigilante. It seems you're stuck here with me." The masked man notices Bedivere and holds out a hand, warning him to stand back. "You've caused enough trouble, Satomi. This is where it stops." the vigilante states. "And what are you going to do about it?" The shrine maiden taunts. "I will put an end to you." He draws the Stormblade's ancient weapon and points the blade towards Satomi. "I cannot believe that Leo gave our legendary weapon to such an unrefined individual." "Your legendary weapon?" The blade flickers with a hint of it's signature red electricity as the woman stares at it in suspicion. "Only a Stormblade can use Morderrand. Who are you really?" "I thought you would have figured it out by now...mother." He removes his mask and reveals his identity to Satomi. The woman scoffs. "You tried to carry on your uncle's legacy? Well yours will end like his too!" "Your empty threats don't phase me, mother." Leodin walks slowly towards his mother. "You're not a real Stormblade. You manipulated my father and turned him into a monster." "Please, I just guided him in the right direction." "And now what? What does he have to show for it? When I left, Erik was a broken man. He could barely speak." The woman stares at him, not moving. Leodin turns to Bedivere with a smirk and winks before glaring back at Satomi. "Sayonara, Mother." With one swift and precise slash, Leodin slays Satomi, ending her terrible life on the battlefield. With his mother slain on the field of battle, Leodin turned back to his comrade and put his mask back on. He had finally done it, his mother was defeated. Satomi Adachi would no longer control his family, and maybe, just maybe Leodin could restore his family's name with the help of his sister. "Sorry you had to be here for that." He said, adressing Bedivere. "If you couldn't tell, we had a bit of family drama going on." The vigilante tried to remain upbeat and witty, but the facade was failing. He couldn't remain like this just after killing his own mother. No matter how evil she was, killing the person how gave you life, raised you, and turned you into the person you are today takes a toll on someone. His grip tightens on Morderrand as he takes a deep breath.(edited)
[2:44 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: "Yes, I...noticed." The cavalier looks between the unmasked vigilante and the woman on the ground beside him a few times with widened eyes, quietly processing what he had just witnessed. ...gods, he just watched someone kill their own mother! He hops off his horse, and takes a step closer to Leodin, looking carefully at him. Surely, despite his apparent nonchalance, a man couldn't just shrug that off as though it is nothing. "Oh, don't worry about me...are you alright, Leodin?" He furrows his brow somewhat, showing concern for the swordsman.
[2:48 PM] bREWlager: "I...I'm not sure." He looks back to his mother's body, but closes his eyes and looks away again.
[3:01 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Feeling pity for Leodin, Bedivere takes another few steps forward, contemplating patting his shoulder or making some other gesture of support. "Hey...! Leodin..." ...I don't really know enough about the situation to give him consolation...and asking wouldn't be very kind right now either...hmm... "...it's alright to feel upset, if that's the problem. Heck, it'd be more alarming if you felt normal after that."
[3:02 PM] bREWlager: "I should be relieved that she's gone...and I am, but there's also a great sense of loss... she was a terrible person, but she was still my mother."
[3:15 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: The curious side of Bedivere paws at his consciousness to inquire why she was so terrible, but he resists the urge. "Of course, that's a natural reaction. But...well." He sighs, and thinks back to Satomi's final few words, trying to encourage Leodin out of his slump. "I can't claim I know a whole lot about your situation. But...think about why you did this. Your uncle's legacy, was it? If it was a cause worth fighting for--and knowing you to the small extent I do, I'm sure it was--then you can't let this slow you down. At the very least, hold back your grief til we've all made it out of here alive."
[3:17 PM] bREWlager: The masked man pauses. "You're right. She was wicked, and tore my family apart. I did the right thing." A realization comes to him. "You saw my face, didn't you?"
[3:21 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere nods, lips subtly curling into a casual smirk. "Well I did, buuut...don't worry, I can keep a secret if you want me to. And judging by the fact you wear a mask...constantly, I'm guessing you do, ahaha."
[3:22 PM] bREWlager: "I think I can trust you with my identity, given that the person hunting me is now dead..."
[3:29 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: "Glad to hear it!" The man smiles, and decides to try to discuss less delicate topics. "So...you're a "Stormblade," hmm? I presume that's some kind of...noble house around here, or something?"
[3:31 PM] bREWlager: "Yes. The Stormblades are one of the most prominent noble families in Khlin. Stormblade Manor isn't too far from where we are now."
[3:39 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere hums, rather impressed by Leodin's heritage. "Interesting. So...have all of your family turned against you? Or just...her?" He pauses, before realising how careless he had sounded, and quickly trying to correct it. "Oh, um, if you don't mind me asking, that is. ...sorry."
[3:40 PM] bREWlager: "Well... it was more like I turned against my family. I left when I was 14 to join the rebellion, and my parents had been hunting me ever since."
[4:01 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere nods in understanding, feeling slightly unsure on how to discuss a topic he was so unaccustomed to. "Oh, that makes sense. You mentioned your father...is he still alive and hunting you down, or...?"
[4:03 PM] bREWlager: "My father... he won't be bothering me any longer." Leodin tries to find something else to talk about and looks around him. "Guess we're kinda stuck here, aren't we?"
[4:13 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere furrows his brow at Leodin's ominous answer, before deciding against further investigation. He looks behind him instead, noting the red wall. "Mm hmm...well, I'm sure one of those switches out there must open an exit! If there's not, then your mother would have been trapped here. So I guess all we can do for now is wait."
[4:17 PM] bREWlager: "I suppose you're right. Hopefully our teammates find the switch quickly." Leodin sheaths his weapon. "Well Bedivere, now that you know who I am, I'll let you know that my given name is Leo Stormblade. Leodin is just an alias."
[4:26 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: "Leo Stormblade...has a nice ring to it, hah. Though I can understand why you took up an alternative identity if one of a country's most powerful families was trying to find you." He smiles playfully, striding over to pat his horse's head, the beast growing slightly restless. "Though for sake of anonymity, keeping your old name in your new one isn't the best idea I've ever heard!" He chuckles heartily, still rubbing Seth's head.
[4:27 PM] bREWlager: He chuckles. "Yeah, I've definitely heard that one before."
[4:51 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: "Ah, though in all seriousness, I doubt it's that much of a problem. Leodin's still different enough. The fact you're alive is testimony to that fact, haha."
[4:55 PM] bREWlager: The masked man shrugs. "You have a point." "But I don't even know if anonymity is even an issue anymore, now that Satomi..." His voice trails off, and he looks back at his mother.
[5:25 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere looks at him seriously, straightening up and standing away from the horse. "...well...if you're asking my opinion, I'd say that if nobody's hunting you down anymore, you have no reason not to go by Leo...and get rid of that mask. Secrets and false identities only lead to stress and distancing yourself from others, and I think you could be rid of all that now. But of course, it's your decision."
[5:30 PM] bREWlager: "I'm not sure if I want to do something like that... At least not yet. That's a big change."
[5:39 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere nods again, silently cursing his bluntness. The man has been under this alias for years, it isn't that simple to throw it all away...but it would still be a positive change if he could convince him to do it. "Yeah, it would be a big change...but wouldn't it be nice to be able to get close to people without a barrier of secrecy or what have you? To be able to show them your true self, rather than hiding behind an alternate persona like this? At least promise me you'll give it some thought, Leodin."
[5:44 PM] bREWlager: "Of course. The mask is no longer needed, and I wouldn't consider it hiding anymore, it's more of... avoiding the name my mother gave me. I am fine with being called Leo as a nickname, but I never want to call myself that name. Do you understand?"
[5:55 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: Bedivere pauses momentarily, before humming in agreement. "Yes, that...I can definitely understand that. Well, not from first hand experience or anything, but...I can sympathise. Well, perhaps you should stay Leodin regardless, if you so desire."
[5:57 PM] bREWlager: The man nods. "I have a lot to think about. Thank you Bedivere." Leodin draws his weapon again and waits for the gates to open.
[6:03 PM] JD | Level 2 JD: And as though planned, within seconds, with a mechanical whirr the wall clangs to the ground, revealing the battlefield to the pair. Bedivere hops into his horse, gives Leodin a nod and rides off. ==END RP==




No comments:

Post a Comment