Sunday, September 18, 2016

76: Ease the Artistic Tension

Featuring: Kalenzo, Elwyn

September 18, 2016
[11:33 AM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo walked about the encampment, as he usually did with any new location, contrary to the orders of his impromptu doctor. As he saw it, simply sitting around would do him no good, it would be better to do something rather than nothing. The artist let out an exasperated sigh, the fact that he had almost died back at the river had finally hit him. His expression grew grim, knowing that he would have failed to meet his teacher's expectations terrified him more than anything else. A sudden light-headedness ailed him, Kalenzo's skin took on a more pale tone before he had finally taken a seat on a bench along the path around the camp. He raked a hand through his pony-tail before letting his forehead drop into his hands. You can't be so reckless, Kalenzo, your job isn't done yet.
[11:41 AM] mango: "Kalenzo?" Elwyn suddenly put his hand on Kalenzo's shoulder.
[11:48 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Gah!" Kalenzo tensed, recoiling at the feeling of Elwyn sneaking up on him. He held his scared pose for a second as he came to the realization that one of the other healers was right there next to him. The man let out a sigh as he started to calm down, placing his hands on his knees as he took on a more relaxed pose. "Sorry about that, you scared me there. How can I help you?"
[11:57 AM] mango: "Oh! M-My apologies...I didn't mean to frighten you like that." Elwyn chuckled before sitting down besides the archer. "Oh, I don't really require any assistance. I came here to ask if YOU need any. You almost died back there, and when I had noticed you your skin had already began to pale...I was afraid it was due to blood loss or the sort."
[9:08 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Heh, here I was under the impression that I had died back there..." Kalenzo responded, his breathing becoming less shallow and a lot more relaxed. "Well, if you're worried about little old me there's nothing to worry about. That Auriel woman has got me feeling better than ever, no need to worry about bleeding for now. As for me getting pale, I'm just ah, reflecting on the past few days. Life hasn't been the easiest since that whole catastrophe at the party happened."
September 19, 2016
[12:19 PM] mango: "I see...things have been pretty hectic ever since the monsters showed up. Before we left I...might have ended up getting cursed and having my skin degrade over time and probably would've ended up a skeleton have I not taken care of the problem. Though, it was pretty exciting..."
[7:51 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "I... uh, what?" Kalenzo commented, his elbows resting on his knees. The man's head still hung, but this time it was in disbelief as he stared at the healer. "That sounds absolutely ridiculous... but I can't help but believe it after what we all have been through." He added, giving his knees a slight push in order to rest his back against the bench. "Regardless of that, it sounded like it was a grand old time, do you mind sharing anything else that I would find incredible?"
September 20, 2016
[3:29 AM] mango: "I found out the queen was rather...how do I say this without offending...well, scatterbrained if she let a killer dragon woman join our ranks."
[4:37 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh... Well then, she certainly sounds like one hell of a fun time." Kalenzo commented despondently, bringing up one of his arms to rest on the back of the bench. He shook his head before perching his ankle on top of his other leg's knee. "I'll make sure to keep an eye out, thank you for that warning."(edited)
September 21, 2016
[9:36 AM] mango: "You're welcome." Elwyn sat down beside Kalenzo. "Though, I have to ask...now that we're traveling and all that, has it been difficult attempting to do your works of art? Or perhaps you're gaining inspiration from the forest?"(edited)
[7:06 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Well, an artist's job is never finished. 'Tis one of the many sad truths of this profession, my dear Elwyn." Kalenzo answered, avoiding the question entirely. He sat there for a minute, only to continue after the brief pause. "It has certainly been difficult, with all of those bandits and their different forms of attack. But! I must not falter, art is a harsh and unrelenting mistress that certainly holds very little patience for my next piece." He responded despondently, hanging his head before sticking it back up with a grin plastered on his face. "However, I've found a way to help ease the artistic tension between my last piece and the next."
[7:10 PM] mango: "A dramatic answer, but OK. Do tell though, what did you find?"
[7:11 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "One word, and one word only... Puppets." Kalenzo answered with a dopey smile.
[7:27 PM] mango: "I...see." Elwyn was slightly creeped out by the answer. He wasn't really good with puppets anyways. "Er...that's nice! I'm sure you can create some lovely ones with that talent of yours." Elwyn smiled back.
September 22, 2016
[7:49 AM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ah yes, I am quite certain of that. Puppeteering is quite the hobby of mine." Kalenzo answered, oblivious to any apprehension Elwyn might have. "I'll just have to show you my work when it's finished."
[11:27 AM] mango: "Oh! Well, I'm excited for you then. I'm sure those puppets will end up being very lovely." Oh, god. At least he's not going to put them everywhere...I don't think I can handle seeing them everyday with this fear of mine.
[3:30 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Why thank you, I am certain they will be beautiful." Kalenzo grinned, resting his now-steepled fingers on top of his knee coupled with a gleeful hum.
Kwakado pinned a message to this channel. See all the pins.09/22/2016
September 24, 2016
[1:31 PM] mango: Elwyn felt a chill up his back at how Kalenzo's emphasis on beautiful. He always thought those puppets were creepy, how would someone like them and call them beautiful?
[1:32 PM] mango: "Well...! I must take my leave, I've a meeting with someone and I must be there quickly as to not be late. See you!" Elwyn hastily got up, picked his things, and ran away so he wouldn't be involved any more.
[1:32 PM] mango: =end rp bc this should've died a long time ago=




No comments:

Post a Comment