Tuesday, October 18, 2016

87: Stories of Glory

Featuring: Conri, Jean

[3:15 PM] Storm: Still sweaty and bloody from the recent battle, as his allies around him started to recover and gather around, Conri made his way instead to the tavern they had been forced out of. Pushing the door open, sliding a fallen body into the corner, Conri grimaced slightly. Shit, good thing I wasn't trapped in here. The tavern itself was a chaos, tables upturned, slashes in the wood and stained in blood, with the odd body still lying here and there. It was a battlefield alright. I need a goddamn drink after this. Conri shoved a table over to the side and made his way to the barstools. Most of the bottles had been smashed, blasts of magical energy scorched the walls and arrows lay scattered on the floor. He reached over the side and pulled four tiny shot glasses out. With his other arm he wiped off the oak countertop and placed the glasses down hard. In a quick leap, he was on the other side searching for something, anything to drink Ah-ha, perfect He pulled out a tall skinny bottle, three quarters full of a clear liquid and began filling the glasses with the substance. "Here's to probably having to go back to fucking Khlin" he muttered as he took the first shot. "Goddamn Gallians" he slammed the glass back down onto the counter upside down.
[4:14 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: The battle had only recently ended but Jean could already see the horrible effects of the battle. Well mostly in the tavern. Outside it was a relative breeze compared too the massacre inside that Tavern. So many allies were seriously injured he could only imagine the hellhole the place was. "Come on Angard let's see if there's still anyone inside who needs our help." The Black Wyvern made a agreeing snort as she and her master went into the tavern only to see an injured wolf man who had recently got done with a shot. Jean couldn't help but smirk that the man's first instinct after such a horrific battle was to take a shot and it basically made him ignore the dead bodies all over. He's a strange one that is. If it was me I'd be crying on the floor. Jean walked up to the man as Angard loomed over him. "You're Conri correct? I'm surprised you haven't asked for any healing yet? Or was just getting a drink that much more important.
[4:28 PM] Storm: Conri ignored the wyvern and its rider at first as he downed the second shot, slamming that glass onto the counter top as well. "Aye, I'm Conri, but depending on who you are I may be someone else entirely" he said, pulling two more glasses onto the counter, "This blood on me? It ain't mine, no need to heal. Barely got a scratch out there." The wolfskin filled the two new glasses and shoved them in the direction of the young man. Conri eyed the rider down, trying to place his face. He definitely remembered seeing the black wyevern in the jungle. Must of fought on the other side of this building "Who are you to blame me for wanting a goddamn drink? It's been a long days work killing. I've earned this. Everyone else is still in shock and recover, I might as well relax a bit until they're good to go."
[4:33 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: Jean laughed a bit. "Fine, fine if you're not injured then drink all you want. You deserve all of it considering what Queen Luna did to you. But then again I should've guessed you weren't injured though. The rumor is that you're the strongest man in this force. That you're able to fell 20 men in the blink of an eye." Jean yawned as the smell of the blood in the tavern and on the man as he picked up his own shot glass. "Mind sharing a bit of that?"
[4:43 PM] Storm: "Damn right I do" Conri downed the third shot, slamming it onto the countertop even harder than the prior two. "Where'd you hear such a rumour?" he couldn't help but chuckle, "I gotta straighten out whoever said such a low number. It was 30. And they weren't just men. Some of the nastiest pirates you'd ever seen. That and some Dwabi protectors. " Conri picked the bottle up and poured some liquid into the young man's glass. "It's Jean right?"
[4:51 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: "Truly? Seems like you're even better then the rumors say." Jean quickly downed his shots before putting it down on the table. "And yes my name is Jean L. Asmodeus. I'm surprised you heard of me considering we've never fought side by side but perhaps it's not that hard to be noticed when you're the only Wyvern Rider around, though of course I have no true stories of glory such as yourself Conri." Jean put on a devilish smile. "Unless you're counting how many women I've stolen the hearts of that is."
[5:01 PM] Storm: "Yeah the giant black lizard you fly on is a good indicator as to who you are. Especially if you're not stuck up like that retainer, Joshua." Conri shrugged, as he started rummaging around the bar for some food to eat. Shoving things around, breaking a few empty bottles in the process, Conri pops back up from behind the bar with some stale bread, stained a little red on the one corner. He tosses the corner off and begins to eat. "I see what you're doing there Jean" Conri chuckled, ripping a chunk of bread off and offering it to the young human, "You're playing me up as you would one of your attempted conquests. I appreciate the flattery, but trust me when I tell you they're just tales of glory. When you've done the things I do, there's no glory to be had. Besides, I've got a a couple decades of experience on you. Give it some times and maybe you'll amount to something to be talked about."
[5:11 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: Jean gave off a sigh as he accepted the piece of bread from Conri. "Ah I see. Though I don't truly fight for glory. One such as myself could never find any glory in the things he does and being here certainly won't get me any. If I fought for glory I wouldn't had fought Brigands and Thieves for 3 years before getting swept up with Queen Luna's band of misfits? I only fight for three things, to protect those I care about, to have enough to feed me and Angard for the night, and so people will remember me." Jean gave off a chuckle realizing the irony in what he said. "Hee. Perhaps I do fight for glory. Anyway what do you fight for Conri? It's strange to see a Wolfskin such as yourself fighting for humans." Jean took a bite of the bread that Conri had offered him.
[5:23 PM] Storm: "You do realize you just described almost a perfect generic hero fairy tale right? Brigands, theives, misfits, fighting to protect loved ones? That's typical of tales of glory, heroes remebered years later as the underdogs. People love underdogs. People like me? We're forgotten to history. Rightly so." Conri downed the fourth and final shot, placing this glass in line with the other three he had already downed. "I fight because, well I don't see anything better to do. I was trained to be a killer, so a killer I must be. You can blame your own kind for why I am like this, why I fight amongst you. For you. It's not the savage nature of the terrifying Wolfskin that made me like this. It's the cruelty of the human that did. " Conri turned the three upside down glasses rightside up and began to fill them up. "I fight because I enjoy killing, and I am good at it."
[5:38 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: Jean solemnly nodded. "I guess you're right Conri, perhaps it is the kind of generic tales of heroes you hear but I know all too well that those types of people are the ones you can't depend on. There always more worried about keeping up appearances to care truly care about others. And even then the people adoring you aren't doing it because they geuninuly like you as a person. They do it because you're the famous one, the one everyone wants to be around not because of who you are inside. I don't want to be the underdog that suddenly gets love and adoration that isn't genuine. Being forgotten to history is much more of a blessing compared to that." Jean took a heavy sigh. "And I'm sorry to hear that's why you fight Conri. I don't know if you wanted to be a killer or if you were forced but either way it reflects poorly on humanity as a whole. I'm not surprised that you were trained to be a killer, to our eyes you're not human. You're property to them that's all. It's sad that people think that way of Wolfskins and Kitsune and I can't understand why. To me Angard is as important as any human I've meet...no I put her on a higher pedestal then most humans." Angard snorted in agreement holding her head up high at the compliment. Jean turned back to Conri. "But still Conri. I pray that our fellow members see you as just another member of the army and not just as some beast made to kill for us. And if anyone sees you in that light, they'll have to deal with me personally."
[5:57 PM] Storm: "Amen to that" Conri nodded, feeling the efffects of the alcohol kick in, "The attention warps them, changes them. Let me tell you, I've worked for my fair share of stuck up attention seekers, and each and everyone of them is a disingenious piece of shit. Everything you just said, completely true. And the worst part" Conri leaned down on the counter, "Is that they're the dumbasses that end up with power. Fuck those people." Conri grabbed one of the newly filled shot glasses and downed it in one quick motion. This time instead of placing it back on the counter, he tossed it over his shoulder. "Why are you sorry? Yeah humans fucked my life up but I chose to stay on this path once I was free. I enjoy killing. It pleases me. That's nice and all that you're progressive about non humans and animals, but don't you dare pity me. I kill because I want to. If our fellow soldiers choose to see me as some tool for no purpose other than to exterminate others. So be it. I could not care less about anyone's opinion of me. "
[6:11 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: Jean nodded. "If that's what you wish Conri or you're right. This is the path you've chosen and more power to you if you enjoy killing. I'm just saying I don't want others to view you as just some kind of tool that can easily be replaced. I want them to view you as an equal not as a lesser. I've seen people do it so often that it disgust me when people even dare think of it. So even if it doesn't matter to you it matters to me that the others respect you Conri, and that's all there is too it.It was a nice talk Conri. I would enjoy talking to you again if we ever cross paths again." Jean sighed as he started to leave the destroyed bar before turning back to Conri. "Oh yes. You should probably get on Queen Luna's case for leaving you all in the Tavern to die. I would be peeved that she left me for dead if I was you." Jean left the horrible horrible tavern with Angard in tow.
[6:36 PM] Abyssal John, Tank Engine Expert: ===RP Finished===(edited)



No comments:

Post a Comment