Wednesday, March 1, 2017

[IT] It Felt Real

Featuring: Jean, Tori
March 1, 2017

[4:42 PM] Daddy John John: ===January 27th Early Morning=== The day after the battle Jean wakes up bright and early the next day in order to prepare for his date with Tori. Jean was surprised to see that Angard had awaken earlier. "Huh? Why are you up so early Angard? Did you want to do something today?" Angard nodded as she flapped her wings with Jean understanding what the motion meant. "Hmm. Well alright then Angard. Just be back before Nightfall otherwise I'll start worrying." The Black Wyvern nodded before she flew off to places unknown. "I wonder what she's up too. Hopefully I didn't anger her in someway. Anyway I have a date to go on." With one last yawn Jean went off to find Tori. It only took a bit for Jean to find Tori's room. With a bouquet of flowers in hand a first for the man, Jean let out a sigh. "Come on Jean. You're usually not this nervous about dating a girl. Just...go about it as usual." And with that Jean knocked on the door.(edited)
[5:04 PM] Shiraha: Tori had woken up an hour prior. Her plan to go on a date with Jean had kept her awake late into the night but she was able to manage a few hours of shut eye. Having told Rin about the date, Tori found a nice blue skirt and a white blouse as well as a pair of black high heels prepared for her. Thoughtful After having washed up, she spent most of her time looking at the mirror to make sure she looked just right Though where did she disappear to now? I'm not any good at trying to look pretty. She was still looking at the mirror when she heard a knock which made her heart skip. Gulp. This is it. Everything will be okay. Tori opened the door to find Jean holding a bouquet. "Uh...hiiiiiii..." Tori said, sheepishly.
[5:13 PM] Daddy John John: When Tori opened the door Jean was starstruck by the sight in front of him. While the look was simple it was quite stunning and showed off the true beauty of the woman in front of him. "W-wow. You look amazing Tori." Jean shook his head as he held the Primrose bouquet to Tori. "Oh yes. This is for you Tori. I wasn't sure what kind of flowers you liked but I thought that primroses fit."
[5:20 PM] Shiraha: "Oh..uh...thanks" Tori nervously accepted the bouquet What do I do with this? "I'll just put these away since it'll be a bit inconvenient to carry them around all day" Tori took the flowers in then placed them on a drawer near her bed then came back out. "So what are we doing today?"
[5:27 PM] Daddy John John: "Hmm. I thought we would just spend some time together, have a nice dinner you know stuff like that. I would like for you to have a nice and simple date since this is your first."
[5:58 PM] Shiraha: "Yeah um...ok. Not sure how dates go so I'll let you lead." Then she paused. "Isn't it a little early for dinner?"
[6:12 PM] Daddy John John: "Of course of course. That will be much later into the day though. Hopefully Angard will be back by then I would love to have a nice flight in the evening sky." Jean combed through his hair. "But until then we can go to some nice spots I've found around Intetsu while I was scouting the city. And get breakfast if needed. Unless there is a place that you would like to go."
[6:15 PM] Shiraha: "Lead the way" Tori closed the door behind her. Though there are places I'd rather not be. Shouldn't have to worry about that in a time like this though.
[6:46 PM] Daddy John John: Jean nodded. "Of course. Off we go then Tori!" ====TIME SKIP==== Going through the city on foot didn't prove as difficult as Jean thought it would be. However the man was nervous a first for him on a date. Geez Jean what the hell is wrong with you? Just think of it the same way you date any girl. There isn't that much different about this at all. Eventually Jean made it to his first spot on the date, a beautiful garden with a variety of flowers in it. There was a small little bench in the garden as well for two people to sit at. Jean turned to Tori. "I'm not too sure if you're a woman for flowers so I decided to just stop by here first. It was a lucky to find a garden like this unscathed by the rebellion." Jean sheepishly scratched the back of his head. "And it can make for a decent place to have a nice chat."
[7:54 PM] Shiraha: Tori looked around at the garden it front of her. Such a big contrast between here and the surrounding city. "Anyone can appreciate flowers, especially in times like this. Why don't we walk around a bit" Tori responded.
[8:07 PM] Daddy John John: Jean nodded. "Yes of course. How has magic been treating you so far Tori? You seem to already be pretty proficient in it after such a short time. It honestly surprised me."
[8:20 PM] Shiraha: "It's really hard to maintain focus so I'm just glad it didn't fail at any important moment." "Maybe I shouldn't have entered a major fight while trying something I'm not used to." Tori began to fidget nervously with her hands. "So um...thanks for having my back back there, I shouldn't have yelled at you yesterday for that."
[8:30 PM] Daddy John John: Jean beamed with pride genuinely happy with getting Tori's thanks. "It was nothing really. I was just worried about you that's all. I know how it feels to getting used to fighting with something you're not used too and if I didn't have someone helping me who knows what could have ended up happening to me. I just wanted to make sure you were safe."
[8:58 PM] Shiraha: "Oh, care to tell me more about the person who helped you so much?" Tori asked curiously.(edited)
[9:07 PM] Daddy John John: "It was my cousin Praline. She helped me switch from using a lance and taught me how to fight with an Axe and fighting on wyvernback." Jean smirked. "What did you think it was one of the random girls I dated?"(edited)
[9:19 PM] Shiraha: "Ahaha no of course not. I'm surprised it was a girl who taught you. I would've thought you'd be too busy hitting on her."
[9:24 PM] Daddy John John: "Heh. Praline is one of the strongest fighters I know male or female. She can basically fight with any non-magical weapon she pleases and still tear into her foes. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be the man I am today." Jean picked up one of the flowers a primrose and twirled it in his hand. "Back when I first left home to become a Mercenary I tried to fight as a Wyvern Rider. I thought it would be easy since I've read a good amount on it before leaving. Though in an actual battle Angard would always freeze up and my ability with an Axe was shoddy at best. We spent many of those early nights nursing the injuries that we would get."(edited)
March 2, 2017
[10:21 AM] Shiraha: "Heeeeh, must be nice having fond memories like that." Tori kneeled down to pick at the flowers "Wish I had memories like that"
[10:27 AM] Daddy John John: "What do you mean by that?" Jean gave a heavy sigh knowing what Tori most likely meant. "Guessing that your childhood wasn't the best?"
[11:12 AM] Shiraha: "If you could call it a childhood" Tori sighed. She stood back up and looked to Jean. "But today's not the day for bad memories. Where are we headed next?"
[5:16 PM] Daddy John John: Jean just nodded. "Well of course not. Now let's go the next place I have in mind." ========= The next place the two went to was a small park which nestled in the town like some kind of hidden gem. "This was also a nice little find as well a park where nobles and the like would go to relax and make idle chatter. Usually it would be full of them but the nobles are currently either occupied at the moment or too estranged to consider coming here. This perhaps be the only time people like us could ever consider coming here." Beautiful Sakura petals fell onto the path along with some finding their way into the koi ponds as they drifted off to places unknown.
[5:46 PM] Shiraha: "Walking past the a playground for nobles feels kind of odd considering we're the ones who destroyed the city." Tori chuckled. "I wonder how they found time to maintain this place with the rebels at their door step."
[5:52 PM] Daddy John John: "Hmph. Knowing nobles myself they probably just pretended everything was fine and lived their lives in ignorant bliss believing that their fighting forces would solve everything in due time. That's just the noble way it seems. Ignore the problem until it's right in front of you and breathing down your neck."
[6:26 PM] Shiraha: "Hm, you're probably right. Still...it's a nice little gift they left behind for the victors. Must be nice having so much time for these types of pleasantries."
[7:00 PM] Daddy John John: "I've personally always have hated nobles for that. Shutting your eyes to the problems of the world is no way to live. It's how my parents lived and I've always spited them for it."
[7:23 PM] Daddy John John: "I've personally always have hated nobles for that. Shutting your eyes to the problems of the world is no way to live. It's how my parents lived and I've always spited them for it." Jean shrugged. "But I shouldn't be putting my grievances on you, you probably wouldn't understand a lot of the problems with nobility."
[8:55 PM] Shiraha: "I may be more familiar with them than you'd expect" Tori winked. "Though that being said I've never been one to sit around. Fighting's pretty much been my entire life."
[9:01 PM] Daddy John John: "Truly?Well I guess that isn't too far-fetched. Your skill in battle has always been a sight to behold Tori both in pure strength and your tactical mind. I'm guessing someone great must have trained you to become the capable fighter you are today."
[9:31 PM] Shiraha: "Well one part of it is. The other part I learned out of necessity." Tori walked over to the koi pond and sat down beside it.
[9:42 PM] Daddy John John: "Out of necessity huh?" Jean sat down beside Tori. "I'm guessing you must have had a rough life then. Like I said I only learned how to fight since being a Mercenary was the easiest way I could think of having a steady income. I can't imagine having to fight for survival or something similar. My life was relatively pampered."(edited)
March 3, 2017
[11:57 AM] Shiraha: "Something like that but like I said before, let's not dwell on bad memories." Tori stood up. "Where next?"
[4:59 PM] Daddy John John: Jean had only noticed that the sun was beginning to set. Looks like the two had spent most of the day walking around. And still no Angard in sight. I'm starting to get a bit worried.....I'll just try and continue on with this date. "That's right, we should go get some dinner. Have you ever had Authentic Khlinese Cuisine before? I've heard that it's to die for." Jean clasped his hands with Tori's hand. "So should we go and get our wondrous meal darling?"
[5:28 PM] Shiraha: "I've tried some because my father is a merchant and often brings back a lot of the local cuisine to enjoy at home, but I'd bet they'd taste better when a local makes them." Tori stood up. "Did you get a reservation somewhere?"
[6:37 PM] Daddy John John: "Of course. Only the finest for a date like this. We'll be dining at the Shizuku but the locals call it the Lorelei and it is one of the best restaurant in all of Khlin. Fortunately it seems like the owners were rebel sympathizers so they allowed me to make a reservation there. I would have flown you there on Angard but she's unfortunately been out and about all day it seems."
[7:25 PM] Shiraha: "Wow I'm surprised you found time to find all of this. And walking is fine, there's plenty more of the the city we can see on the way there." Seriously where did he find time for any of this? We won just yesterday.(edited)
[7:39 PM] Daddy John John: "When you set to mind to something Tori anything is possible. It only took some flying around the city to find some notable places to take someone. It's basically the same to me as scouting an area for enemies. You just look for notable things and commit them to memory. Though admittedly getting a reservation was a lot harder then it seemed. There was a surprising amount of people who wanted to go to celebrate the rebel victory."
[9:16 PM] Shiraha: "Really now. I've never flown before so that thought never crossed my mind. Sounds kind of dangerous especially if any archers happen to spot you." "I wouldn't say it's a surprising number. This war has been going for a while now so it's probably a relief both for the people who were stuck in the city and the rebels."
[9:33 PM] Daddy John John: "It's not dangerous if you keep a close eye out. Both you and your mount should be able to tell if there's an archer in the area and how to avoid them. So it's usually not too much of a problem for me. And I guess I just thought people wouldn't have the money or time to go to a restaurant to celebrate there but perhaps its just mostly nobles celebrating by going there. I mean there must be a few that are actually happy this war is finally over."
[11:15 PM] Shiraha: "Huh, maybe I'll understand it better if I ever get a chance to fly." "Are we there yet?"
March 4, 2017
[4:42 PM] Daddy John John: "Of course we are. Just turn around my lady." The two had stopped at a quaint looking restaurant which had a sign that said Shizuku. Grabbing Tori's hand he led her into the building. The two went up to a counter where a petite woman with brown hair in a neat bun and a pink kimono with a floral pattern. Her face lights up when she sees Jean. "Oh welcome Jean! I'm glad to see you again!" Her eyes then started to scan Tori. "So this is the Tori that you were talking about so affectionately huh? She's a real looker if I do say so myself. I can see why you wanted to go on the date with her."
[5:28 PM] Shiraha: "Well thank you." Tori whispers to Jean "How do you know her?"(edited)
[5:37 PM] Daddy John John: Jean whispered back to her. "You mean Yumi here? We meet through her father he was one of the rebels that fought alongside us. He introduced us and asked me to have her hand in marriage. I of course humbly refused."(edited)
[5:47 PM] Shiraha: "Marriage huh. Not sure why'd you'd turn someone like her down... ...oh right, I guess you can't be hitting on other girls if you're married." Tori whispered back.(edited)
[6:21 PM] Daddy John John: Jean just chuckled before whispering back. "Guilty as charged. But if I did marry you I couldn't have taken you on this date either." Yumi just gave the couple an annoyed look. "So are you just going to stand there whispering sweet nothings into each others ear all day or did you actually come here for a romantic dinner?" "Sorry about that Yumi. We're ready." "Alrighty then let me lead you to your table!" The young girl lead Jean and Tori to a table in the back. It was a simple wooden table with a regal white cloth draped over it and a small candle illuminating it. The two sat down as Yumi gave them both a menu. "I'll be back when you two are ready to order okay?" "Alright then. Thanks Yumi." Yumi blushed at the man's thanks. Jean turned to Tori. "So do you have something you want to try Tori?"(edited)
[6:58 PM] Shiraha: "I'll have this ox-tail soup here." Sure feels odd to go to a restaurant run by someone he turned down, but I guess this was how he got the reservation
[7:09 PM] Daddy John John: "Hmm. I guess I'll just have the pork soup then Yumi." "Alright then I'll be right back with that then! Don't go anywhere you two!" Yumi ran off into the kitchen as she was heard shouting out orders. Jean continued on looking through the menu. "Hmm. Perhaps I should have gotten something different. I don't recognize a lot of the meals that they have here. Perhaps that's just evidence of how uncultured I am."
[7:24 PM] Shiraha: "Well that's just how it is with going to new places I guess. I'm not too familiar with the menu items here either, but that might be just because I've never heard their names before." "Maybe I should've asked for a recommendation"
[7:47 PM] Daddy John John: "That makes two of us." Yumi returned from the kitchen with two steaming bowls of soup. "There's your pork soup for you Jean and here's the ox-tail soup for your lucky girl." "Thank you Yumi, I appreciate it." "Anything to satisfy our customers! If you need anything else just call me on over!" The woman runs back to the counter to greet a family coming in. "I swear I'm not this popular with every girl Tori."
[8:27 PM] Shiraha: "Right...right..." Tori nodded her head, not really one for caring about Jean's popularity with women. She took a sip of her soup. "Hmm, I think I've had this before, tastes much better than I remember it though. Must be that local touch."
[8:36 PM] Daddy John John: "That's no surprise. Everything taste better where it's grown." Jean took a sip of his own soup and found the food had a taste. It was okay but most things were just okay to him. Nevertheless he feigned having something of a culinary epiphany. "I've never had anything like this before. It's quite delicious indeed. I'm wish my parents could have been as cultured as your father. It would have been a lot better if every single one of my meals didn't have tea with it."
[9:08 PM] Shiraha: "What kinds of foods are you used to actually?"
[9:16 PM] Daddy John John: "Food common to nobles of Valenheim. I'd usually have Bacon and Eggs for breakfast and for dinner it was usually steak, pork chops, fish and we would rarely have shellfish like shrimp and crabs at times from Elstrom. We also had lots of fruits and vegetables that were grown on the family farm. So my culinary palette was quite lacking it I do say so myself."(edited)
[9:43 PM] Shiraha: "That does sound very limited. Don't you get tired of eating the same stuff so often?"
[9:44 PM] Daddy John John: "I did. But I would get punished if I didn't. Luckily Angard would help me out with eating what I didn't want and she always drunk the tea for me so it wasn't too bad."
[9:53 PM] Shiraha: "Punished for not eating huh. Sounds like a very greedy concept when unwanted food could so easily be given to the less fortunate." "At least you have a good friend there making sure nothing goes to waste."
[9:58 PM] Daddy John John: "Heh. As if my family cared for the less fortunate. They only cared for keeping up appearances that's all. Though...in their defense everyone in Gennuir was well off so it's not like we were surrounded by beggars and the poor. The most tragic thing that could happen was for someone to break one of their finest plates and beg a neighbor for another."
[10:02 PM] Shiraha: "A city with no beggars...sounds too good to be true." He's hiding something or there's a dark side of the city he's not aware of. thought Tori as she finished her soup. "After this war is over, you should show me around perhaps."(edited)
[10:05 PM] Daddy John John: "That would be a grave insult to you Tori. I would never bring anyone I cared about to such a place. There's nothing for a good-hearted person in a place like that."
[10:07 PM] Shiraha: Good hearted, oh that's a good one. "Was it really so bad living there? A city where everyone is well off sounds like paradise."
[10:13 PM] Daddy John John: "It's not. It's just as full of back-stabbers and liars as your average slum. The only difference is that they try to hide it behind innocent smiles and generous gifts. And then the moment you become useless to them they throw you out like rotten food. It's disgusting and everyone is only out for themselves."
[10:22 PM] Shiraha: There it is. If that's the situation with nobles then I can only imagine how much worse off the poor must be. "So that explains why you would rather be a mercenary than live lavishly as a noble huh." "Well let's not dig much further into this. Are we going anywhere else tonight? Tori looked out the window to see the sun setting. "...though it is a bit late."
[10:32 PM] Daddy John John: "Yeah I was hoping that Angard would be back by now bu-" Jean's voice was stopped as heard a familiar wingbeats. Yumi ran back to where Jean and Tori were sitting. "Jean! Your wyvern just flew right outside of the restaurant!" Jean smiled as he got up. "Alright then. Are you ready to head on home Tori?"
[10:33 PM] Shiraha: "If you can call it that, sure"
[10:43 PM] Daddy John John: "Well it's the best we have so far." Jean went out of the restaurant with Tori as Angard affectionally nudged his cheek. The young man scratched under her neck in response. "There you are Angard I was starting to get worried. What we're you doing all day?" The wyvern just let a quiet shriek which seemed to have a tinge of excitement to it. "Well it doesn't matter but it seems like you're pretty happy. Anyway you wouldn't mind giving Tori a ride back to the palace right?" Angard shook her head as Jean nodded in response as he patted on the second seat of his saddle. "Alright then? Have you ever ridden a Wyvern before Tori?"
[10:45 PM] Shiraha: "Besides that night, no. It can't be too different from a horse..." "...right?"
[11:03 PM] Daddy John John: Jean just smirked as he helped Tori onto the saddle before he jumped onto his wyvern himself. "Hmmm. It's just a bit different. I'd think it feel familiar at least. Just hold on to me if you need to." Jean patted Angard as the black wyvern quickly flew into the night sky as the illuminated city of Intentsu became smaller and smaller beneath them.
[11:06 PM] Shiraha: Almost as soon as Angard took off, Tori wrapped her arms around Jean and tightly closed her eyes. "This is waaaaaaay too different. How is any of this safe!?" Tori shouted in fear.
[11:09 PM] Daddy John John: Jean smiled at the surprising show of emotion from Tori. "Hahaha seeing you scared about something is kind of cute Tori. But believe me there's no better feeling then flying high above the clouds away from all your problems. It may take some getting used but I'm pretty sure in time you'll start to like it!"
[11:13 PM] Shiraha: "I sure hope so!" More importantly, I sure hope I stay in one piece long enough to get used to it. "I think I have a newfound appreciation for our flying fighters!"(edited)
[11:15 PM] Daddy John John: "Hmph it's not as easy as it seems huh? But don't worry as long as you have me here you'll have nothing to fear. And you must admit the city looks extremely beautiful when we're up this high."
[11:18 PM] Shiraha: After hearing what Jean had said, Tori peeked out of one of her eyes. "Hey you're right. It is beautiful. I closed my eyes because it I was scared but maybe it's not so bad now..." Tori trailed off ...with you." she mumbled.
[11:36 PM] Daddy John John: Jean gave the woman a genuine smile. Was this true love felt like? Was this what Viviana meant. He didn't believe but this date didn't feel like the others. It felt real. "And you made this flight even better Tori. I would love to take you for another one. But alas it seems that we're already at our destination." The black wyvern landed in front of the palace as Jean helped Tori off of the wyvern. "And of course how else would one end a date but by leading the lady back to her humble abode."
[11:55 PM] Shiraha: "Real charmer aren't you. I can see why the girls fall for you now." "I guess I'll be seeing you around before long. Thanks for the date, it was fun."
March 5, 2017
[12:00 AM] Daddy John John: "Of course perhaps if we have the free time again we can go on a second. And that's probably the first time I've said it and meant it." Jean lead her back to her room with Angard following closely behind the pair "But for now it's farewell. Until we meet again Tori." And without any warning Jean gave the woman a kiss on the cheek right in front of her door.
[12:01 AM] Shiraha: Tori blushed and took a step back after the sudden kiss. She then hid her face as she slipped through her door. Exhausted after the day's events, she fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed.
[12:11 AM] Daddy John John: Jean smiled. "That...that was a lot more fun then I imagined it would have been. I feel as if I could actually be myself with her. I can't wait to talk with her again." Jean began to walk off as Angard stayed in front of the door as she pulled something out from one of the pouches on her saddle and slipped it underneath Tori's door. It was a small card which had something written on it." Surprise 21st Birthday Party for Jean! Happening January 28th at Midday in the Palace Garden! Please consider joining!" "Angard are you alright back there?" Angard quickly snapped back to reality as she rushed off to rejoin her master. ===END RP===(edited)






No comments:

Post a Comment