Thursday, March 2, 2017

[IT] (2/2) We Cook Together

Featuring: Sula, Vivianna

[9:47 AM] Kwakadoooooo:They ride down the road, taking flight after coming across some broken bridges. The massive Shishinden comes into view, and they land just outside its lavish gates. "Here we are. I could not have guessed we would ever be living here, ha." Sula lifts her off of Shimi, holding her in his arms for a moment before setting her down.
[9:50 AM] mika: "It's very beautiful..and so much space now too, it's great." Her tone is light. "But...it scared me a little..what if someone rebelled back home..my home.."
[10:25 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "War is frightening wherever it comes...Home, most of all." With a wistful look on his own face as he walks, the Dwabi brings a hand to his chin. "That is why we must do what we can here."
[10:26 AM] mika: "..Was there something like this back where you're from Sula?"
[10:34 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "Yes, a war...Eight years ago." He looks winded already. "That was.. When I left the Dwabi."
[10:39 AM] mika: "I've never heard about this..." She stops "...And I'm glad you are telling me now."
[10:44 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "..." A silent sigh comes from him. "You should know, yes....Yet, it is a terrible tale. I do not want it to spoil the meal."
[10:46 AM] mika: "..Alright but please tell me another time." She takes his hand and heads to the kitchen.
[10:48 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "I promise." Following along with her, he gives a small smile. "Thank you, sweetheart."
[10:50 AM] mika: "In your time away, you've become more loving..it's..really nice." There is a slight blush on her face. They finally reach the huge kitchen and she stops to lean on a counter. "Paris is none to happy with all this active."
[11:19 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "Truly?" A surprised smile crosses his face. "Perhaps that is a story of its own, ha...Just wait here for me." With a wink, Sula hands her a Daikon from the kitchen's supplies, then heads back to Shimi to get the ingredients they bought.(edited)
[11:34 AM] mika: She looks at in and then where he just left to. "Paris what is your father doing.." She slides down, content to sit for a moment.
[11:45 AM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula comes back with peas, peas, ginger, garlic, and rice. "I am going to take Shimi-e back..Is there anything you want?"
[11:48 AM] mika: "Something to drink..please. I need something to wake me up again."
[12:15 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "To wake you up..." Sula searches through the shelves, sniffing at the contents, until he finds an orange bag and a white jar. "..kwemo, Khlin-i poar-o." With startling speed, he mixes the contents together into a tall pot, which he puts over the stove. "Let that boil for some time... I'll be back soon." Sula heads off for the palace stables.
[12:16 PM] Kwakadoooooo: A dark, rich aroma begins to drift from the pot.
[12:21 PM] mika: "Coffee?" She moves closer to the pot interested. "Mm it smells good too."
[2:32 PM] Kwakadoooooo: The mechanism within the pot brews the coffee as it heats up. After a few minutes, Sula comes running back in. "There, ha..Este-i is keeping her company."
[2:34 PM] mika: "Este..oh I heard he's doing well. Growing bigger every day too." She rubs her eyes. "I..Is coffee ok for me?"
[2:39 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Just a cup is no trouble at all." Sula checks on the percolator, adding a little more water to it. "But enough to wake you up, yes?"
[2:40 PM] mika: "Yes, I don't need to be falling asleep in the middle of cooking. Sula..where did you go after I hurt you? I didn't see you in camp at all."
[2:44 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "There are stories in this land, of mountain-men who stare at the stars all their lives. They bring healing and hope...To those who can find them."
[2:46 PM] mika: "..So you found those men and they healed you?"
[2:51 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Free of charge. They had nice tea, too."
[2:52 PM] mika: "Well they healed you really well." She touches his face. "You look..younger somewhat."
[2:55 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Oh-hh, that... That was... Good healing, yes. I am not sure how they did it." He gives a rhythmic laugh. "To be true, I was mostly asleep."
[2:57 PM] mika: She laughs as well. "Maybe I should go find them, healing to make someone look younger is truly magical."
[3:01 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Vivi-e... That would help you no more than a singing school." He gives her a funny look.
[3:06 PM] mika: She smiles. "I guess you're right..but doesn't everyone woman wish to look younger. I can't even imagine myself at your age."
[3:16 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Well..." Sula gives her cheek a kiss. "I would be blessed to have a chance to see you that long."
[3:18 PM] mika: "Sula I'll be an old woman then, hardly something someone would be blessed to see."
[3:25 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "You'll be my old woman." Sula speaks proudly, before returning to the steaming pot.
[3:27 PM] mika: "Sula! This isn't something to be proud of!" She pokes his side. "Luckly you'll be so old that you can't see me all to well." She giggles.
[3:36 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Truly, if we make it that long..." He brings a little nudge with his elbow. "... It is."
[3:38 PM] mika: "We will..I know we will. I love you and..I want to be with you the rest off my life."
[3:52 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula nods, with a splash of color in his face. "..*Keiji-i lebo-lebi." He lifts the pot from the stove and brings out a pair of glasses, pouring out a drink made from coffee and condensed milk. "For the rest of our lives." Sula raises his glass in a toast.
[3:56 PM] mika: "For the rest of our lives." She clinks his glass and sips on her drink. "Yummy!" His blush was so cute.
[4:02 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Kafé Kijeupe." Sula takes a sip himself. "I thought you would like it."
[4:06 PM] mika: She leans on him some. "..We.we don't have to get married, if you don't want to...we can just be together."
[4:09 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Oh?" Sula looks over to her. "Changing your mind?"
[4:11 PM] mika: "......" She nods, looking a little stressed.
[4:14 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "... Yet, you love me?" His face betrays none of his feelings.
[4:16 PM] mika: "Of course..I just forced the engagement on you the last time and this time..we can just go without. You didn't even know what a wedding was."
[4:22 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "No.. But the look in your eyes told me so much of it." Sula smiles, but his eyes seem sad. "The only wedding I knew, was the Stormblades..."
[4:29 PM] mika: "Oh...Did they not have a happy one?"
[4:31 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "it was a family, forged in blood. Not their own." With a sigh, Sula takes another sip. "If they held any love, it left before I came to them."
[4:33 PM] mika: "Ah...and I guess you thought they were all like that. S-So..we don't need one."
[4:35 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Vivi-e..." Sula puts a hand on hers. "Are you worried?"
[4:39 PM] mika: "Worried..about what?"
[4:40 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "A wedding. Being married, or not. Does it frighten you?"(edited)
[4:47 PM] mika: "...Yes..I'm scared of having this child out of wedlock..I'm scared of never marring."
[4:50 PM] Kwakadoooooo: A gentle frown forms. "Then, why would you say we should not?"(edited)
[4:52 PM] mika: "Because I don't think you want to wed me.."
[4:54 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "What?" His mouth opens in bewilderment. "I told you that I would marry you."
[4:59 PM] mika: "Yes but..why would you say no..you don't want to hurt. I just don't want to force you to marry me ok!"
[5:06 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Then, if I do not want to, I will not!" Another sighing sip. "Do you think I want to make you worry now?"
[5:08 PM] mika: "No..I..I'll drop it." She looks away, staring at the door.
[5:10 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula gives the cup a shake. "Perhaps the balance was off."
[5:17 PM] mika: She blinks fast, no she wouldn't cry..she wouldn't. She stares down at the drink..why did they always end up like this. Her thoughts darken..she was a whore..she spread her legs for a man who won't even stake a claim on her child. She places the cup down. "Perhaps."
[5:26 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula's thoughts turn to other noble marriages. Viviana, Leodin, Jean... None of them spoke of their parents with even a hint of fondness. To him, it was simply a means of satiating the ego, preserving power... None of this is sacred to him, and he can't even bring himself to hate it. Nor can he understand what has her so upset right now, other than coffee on an empty stomach. "Shall we begin cooking?"
[5:28 PM] mika: She takes a deep breath. "Sure..lets go." She ignores him to start finding the pots and pans they'll need.
March 5, 2017
[12:01 AM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula gets out the oil and condiments, downing the rest of the glass. An awkward quiet fills the room as they prepare.
[4:30 PM] mika: She sighs. "Why do we always seem to get into fights..we were just happy too."
[4:34 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "The whole world is fighting...that is an imbalance too."
[4:37 PM] mika: "I just hate it." She starts to prepare the rice. "I don't want Paris to grow up around this. He needs to know that his mama and papa are in love and happy."
[4:43 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "But, we have to be happy first." Sula chops the garlic. "That should make the fights go away, no?"
[4:45 PM] mika: "...Are we not happy?"
[4:47 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "With you, I am. With the rest of things..."
[4:50 PM] mika: "I'm not happy with all this either but.." She breaks the peas out. "Nevermind...I'm done talking about this."
[4:53 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Forgive me...If I pretended there were no problems, that would just be another lie. But still, I will find a way to be true, without hurting you." Sula moves on to the ginger.
[4:56 PM] mika: "No..I'm just still...kinda mad from earier. What did you people do..when to people fell in love and wanted to be together?"
[5:57 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "We pray that the bonds of their hearts keep pure and fulfilling. If they find it is an eternal bond..." Sula smiles nostalgically. "...we hold a great feast in celebration."
[6:06 PM] mika: She stares at him. "Sula..that's..that's a wedding,"
[6:09 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "I know. But...nothing changes. They stay themselves, their love is the same. And the wholve village looks after the children."
[6:10 PM] mika: "...What...wedding don't change another either...Sula..what do you think would happen if we married? Right after we'd kiss, I'd hate you or something?"
[6:14 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "No, but...We would be another noble family. You have seen what comes of that, no? Look at Jean-ni. Leo-i. That kind of love...is what the rebels fight against."
[6:16 PM] mika: Now she looks even more confused. "That wasn't caused by marriage! That was caused by two bad people forced to be together!"
[6:19 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "And what makes a person, 'bad'?" Sula shakes his head, waving to the side with a palm. "Not marriage itself, but the power in the blood...ah, Vivi-e, you think I would hate to have a wedding?"(edited)
[6:23 PM] mika: She nods. "I..I do. I mean..you've shunned most of your life. You've shunned everything we have together most of your life...what else do I think."
[6:32 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "But it is not hate." Starting to understand her concerns, Sula takes her hand. "It is...fear, to be true. My people shun what is dangerous...what makes Dwabi into Khlin-i. I want a life with you...but I do not want us to become, bad people, forced to be together."
[6:42 PM] mika: "I..I understand." She looks calmed. "That's a good thing not to want." She smiles. "You're talking more too..about yourself..that's good."(edited)
[7:08 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Ha...it is not easy. But it is a proper cost..." Sula's smile reflects her own. "..to see that smile again."
[7:14 PM] mika: She blushes. "D-Don't burn the veggies!" All is well again as she lets her her hand graze over his.
[7:17 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula holds her hand tenderly while stirring the pan with his other hand. But his eyes stay on Vivianna.(edited)
[7:19 PM] mika: She takes peaks at him, blushing all the while. "W-What is it? Do I have something on my face?"
[8:12 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Perhaps....right...." Sula leans in with an inquisitive expression...then kisses her forehead. "..There."
[8:26 PM] mika: She blinks before giggling. "Oh stop it." She starts to satue the peas.
[8:50 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "You asked." Sula mixes the garlic and ginger together, playing dumb.
[8:51 PM] mika: She laughs. "Well..I guess." She takes a deep breath and takes a step back. "I really want some banana cake now."
[8:52 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "ha ha...truly?" Sula looks around the kitchen. "There are no bananas here, but..."
[8:56 PM] mika: "But? Sula, I don't need any now." She grins. "Lets just finishes this, I'm getting pretty hungy."
[9:12 PM] Kwakadoooooo: " --phew-- " Sula lets out a sigh of relief, adding the rice. He was glad he didn't have to go back for bananas. "It smells good..."(edited)
[9:23 PM] mika: "It does..mmmm! I'm glad you can cook for me now."
[9:31 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Ha, you could have prepared this one on your own, you know..." Sula shrugs. "But a group makes the work a joy."
[9:36 PM] mika: "I know but..it's nice when we cook together isn't it. I've never cooked with someone I loved."
[9:43 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Ha....have you loved many cooks?"
[9:46 PM] mika: She smiles. "Never, you are the first."
[10:24 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Good." Sula adds some pepper.
[10:29 PM] mika: She starts to fry the rice now. "Is it bad that I get happy when you get jealous. I shouldn't but..I can't help it."
[10:33 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "What?" Sula tilts his head. "What is happy about that?"(edited)
[10:36 PM] mika: "Nothing I guess but it's hard to explain." She rocks on her heels. "I just like it."
[10:39 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Nakata..." Sula mutters, shaking his head as he gets some eggs.
[10:43 PM] mika: "Oh what does that mean?"
[10:46 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "I do not see, what you mean..ha ha ha."
[10:51 PM] mika: "Well that's cause you can't really make me jealous."
[10:52 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Ohh? It is not possible, uu?"(edited)
[10:59 PM] mika: "I'm sure it is but..I don't think you could." She smirks.
[11:01 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Omm...." Slowly, Sula's meditation shifts into a smirk. "So, what does jealous, feel to you?"
[11:04 PM] mika: "I..I guess..it's..make me feel bad..like I want to cry."
[11:04 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula nods. "Maybe even like...a washed out painting?"
[11:17 PM] mika: "......" She turns to him. "..Well..you've got me." She starts to laugh.
March 6, 2017
[12:16 AM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula chuckles lightly to her. "Perhaps I see what you mean now?" He doesn't sound entirely convinced.
[12:33 AM] mika: "But I feel like that was justified jealous, you have a past together...and she know so much more about you then I do. It makes sense I would get jealos."
[1:12 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "Maybe that is why I do not, get happy about it." Sula continues to ponder this as he adds the garlic and ginger. "You prefer when it does not make sense?"(edited)
[9:28 AM] mika: "Kinda..jealous is an irrational thing."
[9:41 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "Just like love."
[10:29 AM] mika: She looks at him now. "Yes..just like love." With everything coming together, the air fills with the smell of good food. "Love is so irrational..it took two different people and made them fit." \
[10:35 AM] Kwakadoooooo: "Truly..." Sula looks to the pan. Then to her. "It is a good mix."
[10:43 AM] mika: She laughs. "Mm yes, fried rice and peas are good together."
[11:48 AM] Kwakadoooooo: The Dwabi eyes the pan, wide as it is. "How much do you want to save to share?"
[11:55 AM] mika: "A lot, we..made so much love..I don't know why." She grabs two plates.
[12:00 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula serves some of the rice onto each plate, along with a glass of milk for each of them.
[12:05 PM] mika: "..You know..this is..kinda like a date."
[12:08 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula looks around at the utilitarian, if well-presented, kitchen. "Hii, it is a strange place to dine...yet not that strange at all."
[12:10 PM] mika: "I mean we could go find a table to eat at. I'm sure this place has lots."
[12:12 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Kwemo." He gives a nod in support of her suggestion. "In one of the gardens, perhaps."
[12:13 PM] mika: "I did think I saw one outside of where the med area is." She smiles. "Do you know of any other gardens?"
[4:57 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "That one is close enough." Sula begins moving everything to a bench outside.
[5:00 PM] mika: She watches, happy but also feeling hints of sadness creep in. "Whoever owned that garden...I wonder if they are dead now.."
[5:16 PM] Kwakadoooooo: After a moment of reflection, he turns to her. "It belongs to the earth. The people who took care of it...maybe they will have a better life, now."
[5:17 PM] mika: "Maybe. I...Is the revolution done now?"
[5:19 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "I hope that it is ending. There are still some more fights...some trials, and deals...Ellis-u is helping in it all, too, so..." The Dwabi blinks uncertainly.
[5:28 PM] mika: "So it's not.." She nibbles on her bottom lip. "I just hope..this will be over before I have to give birth. I'd rather not have Paris born on the battlefield. " She sits and rubs her small stomach. "It..it has to be over by then."
[5:31 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "But your choice is the same...you are staying with this army to the end?"
[5:34 PM] mika: "........." She is quiet now, the look on her face slightly pained.
[5:36 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Wherever you go, sweetheart..." Setting the tableware down on a round, white table outdoors, Sula comes back to her. "..I will keep you safe."(edited)
[6:04 PM] mika: "I don't want to stay but..our friends..." She hugs him
[6:05 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "I know...I know." He returns the embrace, keeping still for a long time. "..let's eat."
[6:09 PM] mika: She nods and starts to eat. "It's good. Sula you know I missed you when you were with the monks.. I tried to ignore it but, you are very hard to ignore. I wish I could have had something of yours with me but.." She touches her neck. "I foolishly destroyed it."
[6:18 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Mmmph?" Sula looks up, swallowing a mouthful of rice. "Oh...I understand. It must have only brought you sadness."
[6:23 PM] mika: "Yes but now I miss it." She starts to laugh. "You know every necklace you've given me..I've lost in some way."
[6:31 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "A few more years, and Sula-o will be a master necklace-man."
[6:34 PM] mika: "Hahahah, wearing so many necklaces..haha. You can sell them at the bakery."
[6:36 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Very well, love... What kind would you like next?"
[6:40 PM] mika: "None cause I'm scared I'll lost it again. Maybe..you could...get me..a..ring."
[6:41 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "...I can do that." Sula gives a bright smile, then gets back to the food.
[6:43 PM] mika: She blushes and touches her ring finger. "Sula..do you have any friends back in dwabi?"
[6:44 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "...No. Not anymore."
[6:46 PM] mika: "Oh..ah sorry." She plays with her food.
[6:52 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Did you..have many friends in Nohr?"
[6:54 PM] mika: "Do..maids count?"
[6:56 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "If they were your friends.."
[6:58 PM] mika: ".......I guess..they had to be else I'd ask father to put them out."
[7:01 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "A false friendship....That sounds lonely, for both."(edited)
[7:02 PM] mika: "...I guess..but it was something right."
[7:04 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "If you brought each other happiness...it truly was."
[7:08 PM] mika: "I'm glad though..we both got new friends."
[7:09 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "At least one." Sula beams at her from across the table.
[7:10 PM] mika: Vivi laughs. "We'll go to dwabi one day right..to the place you use to live."
[7:11 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula responds with a hearty, rhythmic laugh. "Who can say?" He shovels in some more rice.
[7:13 PM] mika: She yawns and finishes her small meal. "Sula..lets take a nap out here.."
[7:22 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "B--omm...." Sula nods. "Very well, Vivi-e." He brings out his hand as he stands.
[7:27 PM] mika: She takes it. "You were about to say but. Is something the matter?"
[7:38 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Mm, no...Resting would be good." Sula takes her along a paved path, stopping by a grassy corner.
[7:42 PM] mika: "Well I mean you can stay up but..I'm ready to collapse."
[7:43 PM] Kwakadoooooo: "Yes...I do not mind waiting with you." Sula sits, leaning against the walls of the Shishinden.
[7:47 PM] mika: She lays down and scoots closer to her man. "Today was good..really good." Vivianna smile is warm and sweet. "I love you."
[7:59 PM] Kwakadoooooo: Sula lets her rest in his arms, gazing down at her weary face. "...I love you, Vivi-e."
[8:02 PM] mika: She slips off into sleep, happy.
[8:05 PM] Kwakadoooooo: ====END RP====




No comments:

Post a Comment