Sunday, September 25, 2016

80: Homesick

Featuring: Benkei, Vivianna


[8:08 PM] Persoon56: It was a long couple of days for poor Benkei, after having forgotten his laundry to play card games the previous day, he got a bad case of rope burn when trying the vine clinging challenge. On top of all that, his training pole snapped when he had rested on it after doing his daily practice drills. As he left the grounds to go back to his quarters, he started to ponder whether joining the army was the best move for him, eventually sitting his aching, tired body down, a sad look on his face
[8:11 PM] Spoopy Mika: A tired looking Vivianna spots him. "Benke! What's wrong?"
[8:13 PM] Persoon56: "Oh, hey Ms Vivianna, it's just been...I've been better..." Benkei stands up, holding his back as he does so. "You don't look so well yourself"
[8:15 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Oh..you noticed huh.." She frowns. "I'm fine, tell me what happen to you?"
[8:19 PM] Persoon56: "Well, it seems my luck has caught up with me, my trainer is broken," Benkei holds up the splintered remains of his training lance, "my hands are all burned up, and all my wounds are acting up...that's about it, yeah" Benkei's eyes are tired, his normally straight back is curved downward "I guess I'm not used to this whole fighting for a living thing heheh"
[8:22 PM] Spoopy Mika: "It's not an easy thing no but it gets better you know. Come with me, and I'll fix you a mug of hot coco."
[8:23 PM] Persoon56: "Which drink is that again?"
[8:24 PM] Persoon56: "I know I've heard of that somewhere..." Benkei starts to wrack his brain looking for the knowledge that should be there
[8:26 PM] Spoopy Mika: "It's sorta like a liquid chocolate drink, its very nice and perfect for bad days."
[8:27 PM] Persoon56: "Sounds nice." Benkei's face becomes a little less sad, then he remembers his mom, and the sadness returns
[8:28 PM] Spoopy Mika: She notices. "Benke?"
[8:29 PM] Persoon56: Realizing he slipped up, Benkei tries to change his expression. "Yes?"
[8:31 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Do you not like hot coco?"
[8:31 PM] Persoon56: "Oh no, it's something else"
[8:32 PM] Persoon56: "It's nothing, really."
[8:36 PM] Spoopy Mika: She sits next to him. "Would you like to talk about it?"
[8:38 PM] Persoon56: "Um..." Benkei lets out a sigh, deciding that just moping wouldn't help him. "Sure, but not out here, I don't want the others to see me like this."
[8:44 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Alright, lets go, we can have hot coco and talk." She stands and smiles.
[8:46 PM] Persoon56: "That sounds nice" Benkei stands up again, his back still aching as he follows Viviana
[8:50 PM] Spoopy Mika: She leads him back to her small tent. "Lay down Benke, you look like you need it."
[8:51 PM] Persoon56: "No thanks, I'll just sit down, I'd probably fall asleep otherwise, and I don't want that" Benkei settles down, trying to cheer up
[8:51 PM] Persoon56: "Thank you"
[8:58 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Welcome.." She starts the fire. "So...please tell me what's wrong."
[9:04 PM] Persoon56: Benkei lets out a little sigh and looks down "I guess I'm feeling homesick. I may die here, in this weird, foreign land, and every battle just scares me so."
[9:07 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Homesick huh..you are pretty young..is this your first time being so far from home?"
[9:10 PM] Persoon56: "Yeah, I've never been so far away. You ever been so far away from home?"
[9:17 PM] Spoopy Mika: "No but..I like it. I've found more happiness here then I ever did back home."
[9:19 PM] Persoon56: "Really? I guess I had the opposite, while my family wasn't rich, we always had plenty, and we loved each other...and Hoshido really is like a paradise on Earth..." Benkei loses himself for a moment. "I guess I really do miss my home, though these travels have been great too"
[9:22 PM] Persoon56: "What was your home like?"
[9:24 PM] Spoopy Mika: "My..home..ah..it was..cold...a place where a child should never be raised."
[9:26 PM] Persoon56: "Well that sounds miserable." Letting out a yawn, Benkei stretches up, pulling a muscle. "Ouch! What was so miserable about it?"
[9:29 PM] Spoopy Mika: She smiles and hands him a salve. "Use that. Hmm...I wasn't loved."
[9:31 PM] Persoon56: Applying the salve, Benkei winces a little. "Well that doesn't sound right, what kind of parent wouldn't love a child...sounds downright despicable."
[9:31 PM] Persoon56: "Thank you"
[9:36 PM] Spoopy Mika: The smell of chocolate drifts up. "Mmm...parents who didn't want their child."
[9:36 PM] Persoon56: "Then why did they make you?"
[9:40 PM] Spoopy Mika: "My mother told me it's a woman's duty to have their husbands childern."
[9:43 PM] Persoon56: Looking positively horrified, Benkei edges on. "That's just wrong...My mother always told me that parents should love their child, no matter what..."
[9:49 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Love..love is for the poor dear." She hands him a mug. "Or at least that what my mother would say."
[9:52 PM] Persoon56: "Thanks." Benkei sips the warm, delicious drink. "Your mother was wrong. I hope you end up nothing like that woman, hardly a mother-OW!" Part of Benkei's hand bandages had slipped off and his raw palm had pressed against the hot mug, burning something fierce
[9:57 PM] Spoopy Mika: "! Benke! Oh I'm sorry! I should have waited for it to cool!"
[9:59 PM] Persoon56: "It's okay, I didn't tell ya about the burns, I'll be fine." Benkei produces a roll of bandages from his pocket and starts to replace the bandages on his hands, mumbling to himself, "Can't even hold onto a rope without hurting myself"
[10:00 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Oh you were in that contest too! Horrible wasn't it."
[10:01 PM] Persoon56: "Miserable, though I think I was the only one to hurt myself so badly, could barely hold my trainer"
[10:05 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Mmm I only fainted when I fell off." She takes a small sips. "Benke why did you come here anyway?"
[10:10 PM] Persoon56: "I came here to become a better fighter. I want to eventually become skilled and powerful enough to work for a noble house, that's the dream."
[10:11 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Is it? Why work for a noble..why not work for yourself."
[10:12 PM] Persoon56: "I dunno, it just doesn't seem secure, kinda ironic in hindsight...I guess it was more wanting to protect the nobles of my homeland. I probably sound like some silly romantic right now"
[10:14 PM] Spoopy Mika: "No not at all..I think it's very cute..the nobles of your home must be good people to have such a sweet boy want to protect them."
[10:15 PM] Persoon56: Benkei blushes a bright red "Thanks, though maybe Frayzenwald needs my help more than Hoshido..."
[10:17 PM] Spoopy Mika: She giggles. "It's looking bad isn't it..though..it's exciting."
[10:18 PM] Persoon56: "Yeah, though it's terrifying too...I've never fought in a war before"
[10:22 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Me nether but Benke we'll both make it, I have too much I want to do and you do as well."
[10:22 PM] Persoon56: "Yeah, I'm too young and pretty to die." Benkei lets out his first genuine laugh all day at that moment
[10:24 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Young yes but...well you have you brain and personality." She grins
[10:25 PM] Persoon56: "You do me honor" Benkei smiles
[10:27 PM] Spoopy Mika: She pokes his cheek. "The coco should be cool now."
[10:28 PM] Persoon56: Benkei picks the mug up and drinks deeply of it, enjoying every moment. "This is delicious, Ms Vivi"(edited)
[10:37 PM] Spoopy Mika: "I'm glad! You look liked you needed a pick me up..and..please don't call me miss..I..I'm not that old."
[10:40 PM] Persoon56: "Thank you Vivi, I did need your company, and the talking too...might even start looking at other avenues. Is there anything bothering you?"
[10:42 PM] Spoopy Mika: "..I'm..sick...don't know why..but it keeps getting worse but I don't want to worry anyone."
[10:43 PM] Persoon56: "You should probably go to the sick bay then, if you're not feeling so well, you should rest and let the doctor take a look at you"
[10:43 PM] Spoopy Mika: "...I'm sure it will pass."
[10:46 PM] Persoon56: "I wouldn't be so cavalier with your health, what if we get attacked or its contagious? It's not just your health you should worry about, this group is a team, and we need everyone at full power when we can have them" Benkei stands up and offers his hand to help Vivi up. "Come on, let's go now"
[10:50 PM] Spoopy Mika: She takes it but pouts. "I..I'm not that sick..just..a small flu..it will pass soon..Benke I don't want to worry anyone."
[10:53 PM] Persoon56: "I'm sure you worry Sula in this state, and you worry me, you really are ill, it's not safe to just go on ignoring it, if it's nothing, then the doctor won't be worried and it'll pass over fast. What harm can it do? Don't you pout at me like that"
[10:56 PM] Spoopy Mika: She pouts more. "Ok ok, just a quick stop at the doctor."
[10:58 PM] Persoon56: Benkei giggles a little at the pouting. "Okay, let's go!" He pulls Vivi up onto her feet and out the tent door
[11:02 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Alright alright! No need to tug!"
[11:04 PM] Persoon56: "Alright, alright" Benkei lets go and walks beside her, ready to catch if she stumbles or collapses
[11:05 PM] Spoopy Mika: "I'm not going to fall out like at anytime Benke!"
[11:07 PM] Persoon56: "Just making sure. Though if you're quite sure, I think I'll go retire to my tent until the dinner bell rings, I'm beat."
[11:09 PM] Spoopy Mika: "Yes that sounds wonderful, you need rest ok."
[11:11 PM] Persoon56: "Okay, good day to you Vivi, there's the medical tent, get checked up, or I'll otherwise find out!" Benkei turns slowly and stumbles to his own tent, tired, and more than a little confused, but relaxed
[11:13 PM] Spoopy Mika: She looks away..and turns the other way..she was fine..right..
[11:13 PM] Spoopy Mika: ==END RP==





No comments:

Post a Comment