Thursday, June 23, 2016

2.1.1: A Genetic Trait

Featuring: Elwyn, Leodin, Kazama

New friends Elwyn, Leodin, and Kazama eat together, reflecting on their run-in with Yavae (Paralogue 1.1). Leodin shares about his vigilante lifestyle, and is shocked to discover from the other two that manaketes are more than just legend. Noticing Kazama's long ears, Elwyn realizes the ninja is a manakete, and they exchange euphemisms about it over Leodin's head. Finally, as they depart, Leodin confronts Kazama, who admits that he is indeed a full-blooded manakete. Elwyn and Kazama apologize for being secretive.


June 23, 2016
[10:19 AM] Mango: "Delicious..." Elwyn chewed on his food. "No matter how many times I eat these, I'll never get used to them...there's nothing like this in Nohr or Izumo."
[10:20 AM] Mango: "I thank you once again, Sir Kazama. You didn't have to treat us, but you did anyways."
[10:22 AM] REWlego: "mmm, yes, thank you Sir. I don't often get treated to meals."
[10:24 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nodded. "You two had fallen into a bad spot with that woman. Take it as my form of apology." He had removed his mask to eat.
[10:29 AM] Mango: "It was more or less Leodin's fault..."
[10:29 AM] REWlego: Leodin is sitting in the corner, hiding the fact that he still has his sword and mask on.
[10:30 AM] REWlego: "Well, I'm not the one that put you in a head-lock."
[10:30 AM] Mango: "Youth these days are so rash.."
[10:30 AM] Mango: Elwyn sipped on his drink.
[10:31 AM] Mango: "I wasn't the one spying on a woman."
[10:32 AM] AOMRocks20: "To be fair, she did look quite suspicious. That cloak on her could've been concealing a lance, easily."
[10:32 AM] REWlego: Thank you, Kazama... At least someone understands safety around here.
[10:33 AM] REWlego: "Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with the person that is actually employed to guard this place..."
[10:33 AM] AOMRocks20: "Although you could have been more subtle when keeping an eye on her."
[10:34 AM] REWlego: "Well, Elwyn was the one that decided to just stare at her."(edited)
[10:35 AM] Mango: Elwyn stomped on Leodin's foot.
[10:35 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "Other than being blatantly rude, that does reveal yourself."(edited)
[10:35 AM] Mango: "I couldn't help but feel envious about her height."
[10:36 AM] REWlego: Leodin glares at Elwyn, as the stomp hurt more than he would have expected from the "girlish man".
[10:38 AM] AOMRocks20: He shrugs. "She is at an imposing height."
[10:38 AM] Mango: "And I'm supposed to be the older one here..."
[10:39 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama raised an eyebrow. "How do you mean?"
[10:39 AM] Mango: "...I'm twenty two."
[10:39 AM] AOMRocks20: "...Yes. Is that overly astonishing to Leodin?"
[10:39 AM] Mango: "Maybe? I haven't gotten his input."
[10:40 AM] REWlego: "I haven't heard your age before, but everyone turns out different, I suppose." Leodin is concentrating on not being seen by other people eating.
[10:41 AM] AOMRocks20: "I would say that your age isn't overly astonishing. I myself am thirty-one."
[10:42 AM] REWlego: "Jeez, I'm the youngling here... I'm only 18."
[10:43 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama turned over to Leodin. "And how long have you been a vigilante?"
[10:44 AM] REWlego: Leodin ponders for a moment trying to remember "Well, I left my home when I was about 15, and I started training a few months later, so 2 and a half years I suppose... but I haven't always been a 'vigilante' as you say."
[10:45 AM] REWlego: "The lifestyle I have now is nowhere close the what I was doing back in the Khlinese Oligarchy."
[10:47 AM] AOMRocks20: "My word... fighting even in the throes of youth. That's very unfortunate." Although I can't say I'm different...
[10:47 AM] REWlego: "Yes, things aren't as peaceful in Khlin, sadly."
[10:48 AM] REWlego: Leodin starts thinking about his old life as a rich noble in Intetsu...
[10:49 AM] AOMRocks20: "I can't recall much about Khlin at the moment... there's a rebellion going on, correct?"
[10:49 AM] Mango: "How are things doing in Khlin now?"
[10:50 AM] REWlego: "Yes, the revolution been going on for multiple generations. The tides have swayed both ways multiple times, but the rebellion is close to victory at present."
[10:52 AM] REWlego: "That's why I left Khlin. They are very close to overthrowing the government, so I thought my skills could be better used protecting innocent people in other nations. That was before I realized that the rest of the Amian Region is fairly safe."
[10:55 AM] AOMRocks20: He nodded. "Freyzenwald is quite safe, I would say. I've been trying my best to keep the peace in the capital for the upcoming celebration."
[10:56 AM] REWlego: "It seems like you and the guards are doing a great job."
[10:58 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama smiled. "Thank you. I've only been appointed head of security for this event, but I'm trying as best I can."
[11:09 AM] REWlego: After a brief silence, Leodin asks: "So who is that statue in the main plaza? I assume were some form of royalty..."
[11:17 AM] Mango: "I've heard that it's of one of the past queens..."
[11:20 AM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "It is. I'm... unable to recall her name at this moment... I believe it may be... hrm..."
[11:22 AM] REWlego: Leodin keeps eating, ignoring the rest of the conversation.
[11:28 AM] AOMRocks20: He snaps his fingers. "Damn. It doesn't seem to be coming to me. I'll have to think on it later..."
[11:36 AM] Mango: "I see, theres no problem in that."
[11:46 AM] AOMRocks20: "It's odd. I would think I would recall my liege's ancestry..." The ninja trails off, focusing on his meal.
[11:58 AM] Mango: "Perhaps you just forgot in the heat of the moment from back then, you've had to chase after Leodin and that Yavae person."
[12:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "That's true. Hopefully, if she's still here, she'll watch herself. But, it's not the worst I've had to do here."
[12:12 PM] REWlego: Leodin momentarily looks up from his food. "I wouldn't mind hearing stories about some of the crazy people that you had to deal with..."
[12:17 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama rubs his chin. "Hrm. Well, there was a time where a person had come, threatening people around the plaza with magic."
[12:18 PM] AOMRocks20: "He was also had a small crowd of hoodlums following him. They caused quite a stir--the watch was hesitant to confront them."
[12:19 PM] Mango: "Oh, dear...what happened at that time?"
[12:21 PM] AOMRocks20: "Luckily, I had left the castle in order to give my liege privacy. After convincing the watch that their death was very unlikely, we were able to stop them." Although brandishing my dragoncharm may have helped.
[12:24 PM] AOMRocks20: "A few of the hoodlums scattered, which we may have arrested. The ringleader sustained a few hits before we took him in."
[12:27 PM] Mango: "I see, did you ever find out why he was doing such things?"
[12:29 PM] AOMRocks20: "Some dribble that all the other brigands say, most likely. I didn't exactly care."
[12:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "He's likely still in the prison."
[12:36 PM] Mango: "Well, I see it is safe to say that they won't cause anymore trouble around here anymore after you took care of him."
[12:37 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. It's very odd--usually the watch has been very helpful, in my experience. They always get hesitant want someone is slinging spells around."
[12:38 PM] Mango: "Steel and stone are useless if your enemy can attack from range...."
[12:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes, but there are so many of them. It's not like they'll all die."
[12:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "Plus, magical blows take much longer to defeat a foe."
[12:45 PM] AOMRocks20: "...or, rather, defeating a foe with magic requires many more spells to defeat them."
[12:47 PM] Mango: "Are all of the guards ninjas like yourself?"
[12:48 PM] AOMRocks20: "No, but that shouldn't be an excuse." ...maybe the dragoncharm helps.
[12:49 PM] Mango: "I see..." Elwyn put another dumpling in his mouth. "Perhaps they don't have...well, a resistance to magic users as much as you do."
[12:50 PM] AOMRocks20: "Is there no way for them to improve such a thing? They have to be ready for any attack..." He scratched his head, behind his ear.
[12:53 PM] REWlego: Leodin finishes his food and starts collecting his dishes together.
[12:54 PM] REWlego: "If there is a way to improve resistance to magic attacks, I sure haven't found it."
[12:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "Perhaps... I suppose I'm just naturally resistant to magic...?"
[1:01 PM] REWlego: "Hmm... I wonder what causes that. Although I suppose the answer to that could be better explained by someone profient in magic."
[1:03 PM] Mango: "Magical resistance depends on different factors, whether you were born in a family of mages, the type of armor you wear, or perhaps even your own magical strength."
[1:04 PM] AOMRocks20: Or if you're a dragon. "Hrm... I'm not... very magically inclined..."
[1:05 PM] Mango: "Armored Knights are very prone to magical attacks because of the type of armor. Fire would heat their armor up and basically turn it into a furnace, and electricity would potentially electrocute them."
[1:05 PM] Mango: "But...there are some types of beings that are naturally prone to magic."
[1:06 PM] Mango: "In Nolore, there are a type of kind known as Fox Spirits, from what I know, they are resistant to magic themselves due to their Beaststones."
[1:06 PM] Mango: "They grant them powers, but without them, they're more or less powerless..."
[1:08 PM] REWlego: "I've never even heard about these... beaststones. I guess being a spoiled rich kid in Intetsu doesn't grant you much knowledge of the outside world."
[1:08 PM] Mango: "On the other hand, Wolfskins, another type of people in Nolore, aren't resistant to magic."
[1:09 PM] Mango: "Oh, you just have to know where to look. The tribes I mentioned live in secluded places. The Wolfskins live in a place called Garou Mountain in Nohr, while the Fox Spirits...I don't really know. All I know are that they live in Hoshido."
[1:09 PM] Mango: "There are also...dragons, but...I haven't really found out much about them."
[1:09 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nodded. "Manaketes, yes."
[1:10 PM] Mango: "They don't reside anywhere in Nolore as far as I know, nor have I ever seen or heard about one in my homeland."
[1:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "They're mostly in Gallaran nor Pileus."
[1:10 PM] REWlego: "Dragons? I thought they only lived in legends..."
[1:11 PM] AOMRocks20: He chuckles. "Then you're very sheltered."
[1:12 PM] Mango: "Exactly what Kazama says. They've hidden themselves very well."
[1:13 PM] Mango: "However, it is said that there are places where Dragons live together with regular humans far, far from here."
[1:14 PM] REWlego: "Even with my time in the Khlinese rebellion, I've never heard about dragons... The only thing I've heard about them is the old Nohrian legends I was told as a kid about the Dusk Dragon."
[1:14 PM] Mango: Elwyn chuckled. "Oh, there's a lot more you haven't heard yet."
[1:15 PM] Mango: "They say the royal family have dragon blood in them."
[1:15 PM] Mango: "I wonder, do you think that someday Nohr or Hoshido will end up having a heir that could transform?"
[1:15 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm. I would say it is very unlikely."
[1:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "Believe it or not, there are many who can transform into dragons, with the help of a special charm."
[1:16 PM] Mango: "Yes, Dragonstones."
[1:17 PM] REWlego: "So people can transform into dragons?"
[1:17 PM] Mango: "Well, it depends..."
[1:18 PM] Mango: "Dragons are in interesting case, they originally maintain their true form of a dragon. As time goes on, they end up losing themselves..."
[1:19 PM] Mango: "Some seal their powers into a dragonstone and live their lives as humans, but there are those who don't do so, and end up being a wild beast with no sense of self, they rampage until the day they die..."
[1:21 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama raises an eyebrow. "...Hrm. While I have never encountered reports of dragon rampages or insanity, I can confirm the existence of dragonstones."
[1:22 PM] Mango: "Well, I suppose the reason you haven't encountered reports, is because Manaketes most likely learned from the past."
[1:23 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course... most likely, any of those who have refused to transfer their powers into a stone or charm are already dead."
[1:23 PM] Mango: "..." Elwyn pushed his drink away. "...I do feel bad for them though..."
[1:24 PM] Mango: "Just what is stopping them from living out their lives in their own form..."
[1:24 PM] REWlego: Leodin is listening to the conversation, still processing that dragons even exist.(edited)
[1:25 PM] Mango: "Gods, if there are still Dragons who haven't transferred their powers...at least grant them mercy..."
[1:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm not quite sure. Although, the manaketes seem to be living quiet, happy lives."
[1:26 PM] REWlego: Living as a manakete sounds like a high-maintenance life...
[1:26 PM] Mango: "I see...well, I'm glad that they're living in peace."
[1:27 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes. Although, I do get afraid that they could face some... insensitivity. They generally have very distinct features."
[1:28 PM] REWlego: "Have any of you ever met one of these dragons?"
[1:28 PM] Mango: "I haven't. I would like to meet one though..."
[1:29 PM] REWlego: "What about you, Sir Kazama?"
[1:30 PM] AOMRocks20: He nods solemnly. "It's easy to find one in a crowd. I know many personally."
[1:30 PM] Mango: "Really?"
[1:31 PM] Mango: "I do hope I meet one someday, one reason I'm traveling is to expand my knowledge. I wonder if they'll tell me about their history..."
[1:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Well, manakete history differs little from other humans'. They mostly live in Terria, although some migrated and live in Gallaran."
[1:33 PM] REWlego: I think it would just be cool to see someone transform into A FREAKING DRAGON!
[1:34 PM] Mango: "I suppose you're right."
[1:35 PM] REWlego: "I've never been to Gallaran, I travelled straight to here after I left Khlin... I would like to get to see more of the world someday.."
[1:35 PM] Mango: "Perhaps you could join me then?"
[1:36 PM] REWlego: "Well I'm already planning on heading with you to Nohr after this party."
[1:36 PM] Mango: "True, but I mean...to places other than just Nohr."
[1:37 PM] Mango: "I'm excited to see my friends back at the Monastery, you should also meet our Archduke, they say he's a direct descendent to the Gods."
[1:37 PM] REWlego: "That sounds fascinating... I would love to visit there someday."
[1:39 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama leans on the table, replacing his mask. I'm surprised they didn't out me. "That sounds very intriguing."
[1:39 PM] REWlego: "My name actually comes from a faraway land... I don't know exactly where though..."
[1:40 PM] REWlego: "I've heard rumors about a land that is farther away than Nohr, and even Hoshido..."
[1:41 PM] Mango: "There are many places around the world, that shouldn't be surprising..."
[1:41 PM] REWlego: "Sometimes I wonder how expansive this world is..."
[1:42 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "If the princess' disappearance is any indication, there are many more lands."
[1:43 PM] REWlego: "Since I've heard you're close to the princess, do you know of where she went?"
[1:43 PM] Mango: "And if so...just how close are you two?"
[1:44 PM] AOMRocks20: He raises an eyebrow. "...how do you mean?"
[1:45 PM] Mango: "Oh, nothing..." Elwyn playfully spun his straw around in his glass.
[1:46 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama narrows his eyes. "Excuse me?"
[1:46 PM] REWlego: Leodin gives a questionable look to Elwyn.
[1:47 PM] Mango: "I mean, you've been her retainer for a long time, I'm sure you're the perfect example of a retainer."
[1:48 PM] Mango: "Having such a person to rely on in case they're in trouble must be nice."
[1:50 PM] REWlego: I guess Elwyn doesn't appreciate me being here for him?
[1:50 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama sits back in his chair, calming down. Thank goodness. I thought he was making a strange claim... "Well, she enjoys her privacy, so many times she sends me away from her presence; however, I like to think she enjoys how capable I am."
[1:51 PM] Mango: "Perhaps she does if you've been with her for so long."
[1:54 PM] AOMRocks20: "I certainly hope she does. It would be a major failure in my duty if she did not."
[1:55 PM] REWlego: "If you're being honest, do you think that your liege will become the next queen?"
[1:55 PM] Mango: "I'm sure she does, just have faith."
[1:56 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. ...though I would never ask her of such a thing directly." He considers Leodin's question. "Hrm... I would say either her, or her newly-arrived sister."
[1:58 PM] REWlego: "Speaking of the sister, do you have any idea where she had gone?"
[1:59 PM] AOMRocks20: He shakes his head. "Perhaps some land we did not know of."
[2:00 PM] REWlego: I wonder if it's the same place that the name Leodin originated from?
[2:06 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama leans back, scratching his head behind his ear. Damn itch.
[2:08 PM] Mango: "Is something wrong, Sir Kazama?"
[2:08 PM] REWlego: ?
[2:08 PM] AOMRocks20: "Nothing, nothing. Just an itch in my head." He leaned forward. If they looked, they might have noticed Kazama's pointed ears.
[2:09 PM] Mango: "...?" He Saw
[2:09 PM] Mango: "Oh, my..."
[2:09 PM] REWlego: Leodin also saw, as he was watching very curiously what Kazama was doing, but he doesn't say anything.(edited)
[2:11 PM] AOMRocks20: "Is there a problem?"
[2:12 PM] REWlego: huh... I wonder why his ears look like that. Oh well, probably not a big deal. Leodin looks at Elwyn who is still watching Kazama and instantly becomes worried.
[2:12 PM] REWlego: "Yeah... I I saw that your ears were kinda odd shaped, but I don't know why that's a big deal..."
[2:12 PM] Mango: "I suppose that's none of our business, though."
[2:13 PM] Mango: Elwyn tried to change the subject, he thought that Kazama would rather them not know.
[2:13 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama nods. "It's a... genetic trait that my family has."
[2:14 PM] REWlego: "Oh, okay... I suppose it's nothing to worry about," Leodin whispers sternly to Elwyn: "Right?"
[2:14 PM] Mango: "Yes, nothing wrong about that."
[2:14 PM] REWlego: "Um, okay....?"(edited)
[2:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "It's... really not that interesting, honestly."
[2:17 PM] REWlego: "Okay, then...." The more they keep saying it's normal, the less I believe that...
[2:19 PM] Mango: "Anyways, I'm interested in Amaterasu, would it be fine if I ask you to show me around?"
[2:21 PM] REWlego: Leodin turns back to look at Kazama "Yeah, as much as I've been looking around, I've only really seen the main plaza."
[2:23 PM] AOMRocks20: He shrugs. "Well, there's the castle, though I'm not sure you're allowed in there. There's also the statue, and the river that runs through here."
[2:23 PM] REWlego: I could probably sneak into the castle...
[2:26 PM] AOMRocks20: "There's also a grand marketplace. You can find lots of wares you likely have never seen before."
[2:26 PM] REWlego: If only my armor had a place to carry money...
[2:27 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Although I shouldn't be showing you... I could probably do it under the guise of a patrol."
[2:32 PM] Mango: "That will be fine, any knowledge would be enough."
[2:33 PM] AOMRocks20: "Alright. Where would you like to visit first?"
[2:33 PM] REWlego: The castle, duh.(edited)
[2:35 PM] Mango: "Perhaps we could take a look at the castle?"
[2:35 PM] REWlego: "Yes, that would be great."
[2:35 PM] AOMRocks20: "I'm sure we can have a look at it from the outside..."
[2:37 PM] REWlego: "Is the interior off limits?"
[2:38 PM] AOMRocks20: "Hrm... I'm not exactly sure. I suppose we could try. ...Although that would likely require you surrendering your weapon, Leodin."
[2:38 PM] REWlego: "Oh.... I am not handing it over to any kind of guard, but perhaps you could put it somewhere safe for me?"
[2:38 PM] REWlego: "This sword has a lot of... sentimental value."
[2:39 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. It will be in safe hands, I promise you."
[2:49 PM] REWlego: Leodin undoes his sword's sheath and hands it to Kazama underneath the table
[2:49 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama takes it, nodding. "Now. Shall we be off?"
[2:50 PM] REWlego: "I'm ready if you are."
[2:50 PM] AOMRocks20: "And you, Elwyn?"
[2:51 PM] Mango: "Yes. Just let me get Michel."
[2:52 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course." He waits.
[2:53 PM] REWlego: Leodin will follow Elwyn to his horse.
[2:56 PM] REWlego: While they are heading to get Michel, Leodin asks Elwyn: "So, what was that with Sir Kazama's ears that bothered you?"
[3:01 PM] Mango: "Oh, nothing...I thought they were just pointed."
[3:02 PM] REWlego: "Yeah... What's the big deal about that?"
[3:03 PM] Mango: "...From what I read about Manaketes. Their most distinctive feature are their ears."
[3:03 PM] REWlego: "Wait, so.... Are you implying what I think you are?"
[3:03 PM] Mango: "Oh, no! It might end up being a misunderstanding after all."
[3:04 PM] REWlego: might...
[3:04 PM] Mango: "He said its a genetic trait, perhaps in his family tree there were some Manaketes here and there, he must've inherited just features of their ears."
[3:05 PM] REWlego: "Okay..."
[3:05 PM] Mango: "Assuming isn't nice. It just makes an ass out of you and me."
[3:06 PM] REWlego: "Of course, I have heard that saying before..."
[3:06 PM] REWlego: As they get near where Michel is, Leodin asks: "So, where did you find Michel?"(edited)
[3:14 PM] Mango: "Oh, he's a horse I found when I was younger."
[3:15 PM] Mango: "He was hurt, so I had asked my family if I could take him in. I think the only reason they allowed me is to probably make their ego larger."
[3:16 PM] REWlego: "Oh, that's amazing that you decided to help him."
[3:18 PM] Mango: "I was planning on releasing him, but after you know what happened, it seemed that keeping him was my only option."
[3:18 PM] REWlego: "He seems like an excellent companion."
[3:19 PM] Mango: "He is." Elwyn smiled. "I'm glad that he's stayed by my side, I wouldn't know what to do without him."
[3:19 PM] REWlego: "I'm glad that you had someone to stay with you during your troubles."
[3:20 PM] Mango: "Oh, there he is now!" Elwyn hastened his steps and mounted his horse.
[3:20 PM] REWlego: Leodin's tone was getting more dull as he was talking(edited)
[3:21 PM] Mango: "Let's return to Sir Kazama."
[3:21 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama gets up, approaching the two. "Ready?"
[3:21 PM] Mango: "Yes."
[3:23 PM] REWlego: "Off to the castle now?"
[3:24 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. What were you two discussing?"
[3:24 PM] Mango: "Nothing much, we only talked about the weather."
[3:24 PM] REWlego: Nice one, Elwyn... reeaal smooth
[3:25 PM] AOMRocks20: An obvious lie. "Hmmm. And how is it, do you think?"
[3:26 PM] Mango: "It's rather nice at this time of day, I enjoy the light breeze. Michel does too."
[3:26 PM] AOMRocks20: "Mm. It's fairly normal. Like any other day, I would say. Nothing... interesting about it. Do you agree?"
[3:27 PM] Mango: "I'm not from here, so I can't really say that it's not interesting."
[3:27 PM] Mango: "Nohr is quite dreary. So this is a very welcome change."
[3:28 PM] REWlego: How long was Elwyn planning out this lie?
[3:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course, of course." They're plotting something. They have to be.
[3:28 PM] REWlego: Leodin is just looking at Elwyn, confused
[3:29 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama glances at Leodin. "Leodin! You don't seem to be quite up to speed on the discussion."
[3:29 PM] REWlego: Oh crap, what do I do?
[3:30 PM] REWlego: "Uh, well... The weather here is pretty nice, I mean well, Khlin isn't too far away from here so it's normal to me."
[3:31 PM] AOMRocks20: "Mm. Yes... Not a lot of clouds today, I'd say. Nothing for them to hide. Yes... nothing to hide."
[3:32 PM] Mango: "I do hope this cloudless day continues, I would like to get a good view of the stars when I'm out at night..."
[3:33 PM] REWlego: Kazama is totally on to us, I mean Elwyn.
[3:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "Yes... What the skies would look out, tonight... it would be nice to know about that."
[3:37 PM] Mango: "Perhaps it'll be colored with dazzling stars."
[3:37 PM] Mango: "I'm getting quite excited now, I hope night comes back faster now..."
[3:40 PM] AOMRocks20: "Mmm. Of course. The dark, open sky... Revealing everything would be delighful."
[3:41 PM] Mango: Elwyn closed his eyes and smiled. "Yes, that would be very nice. Perhaps we could see the moon, too."
[3:43 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course, of course. If that was done, it would make me a lot happier."
[3:53 PM] Mango: "Perhaps I'll write to my friends back in Izumo about Amaterasu, I could buy some souvenirs for them too..."
[3:53 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Hrmph. Let's be on, then, shall we?"
[3:56 PM] REWlego: Jeez Kazama is intent on breaking Elwyn...
[3:57 PM] REWlego: "Yeah... Let's go to the castle now."
[3:57 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama begins to head toward the castle. "Elwyn."
[3:58 PM] Mango: "Sir Kazama." Elwyn nodded and smiled.
[3:58 PM] REWlego: Leodin is very confused, and shows it
[3:59 PM] AOMRocks20: "I must say, I'm surprised you know so much about the manakete's origin."
[4:00 PM] REWlego: uhhhhh
[4:00 PM] Mango: "It comes with the research. My parents tried to mold me into a perfect son I suppose."
[4:01 PM] AOMRocks20: "Truly? Have you learned anything else about the dragonkin?"
[4:02 PM] Mango: "Not much, what I have said is all I know."
[4:03 PM] AOMRocks20: "I see. Did your books give you any description of the manaketes?"
[4:03 PM] REWlego: Just spit it out, Kazama... You know Elwyn is hiding something...
[4:04 PM] Mango: "I know that one of their features is their ears. Much like the Kitsune and Wolfskin."
[4:04 PM] REWlego: Yes, Elwyn, just get to the point!
[4:05 PM] Mango: "I also know that such things could be passed down, you could have a person with the features of, for example, a Wolfskin. But they wouldn't have the powers to use a Beaststone."
[4:07 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course. You're quite correct. A signature trait of a manakete is their pointed ears. Many of them also have bright red eyes."
[4:08 PM] Mango: "I do, but whether or not they have those types of features is none of my business."
[4:09 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course not. It's just a genetic thing."
[4:10 PM] AOMRocks20: "Not at all interesting, if I must admit."
[4:10 PM] REWlego: Leodin grabs his sword and just walks backwards, away from everyone, slowly
[4:10 PM] REWlego: I am not dealing with this...(edited)
[4:11 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama glances back. "Something wrong, Leodin?"
[4:11 PM] Mango: "Yes, is there something wrong?"
[4:12 PM] REWlego: "Uhhhhh... no, No! Of course not! it's just, um.... you two seem to be caught up in your conversation... heh."
[4:12 PM] REWlego: Leodin keeps glancing between the two, nervously
[4:13 PM] REWlego: He continues to slowly back away
[4:13 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Are you quite sure?" There appears to be a problem."(edited)
[4:14 PM] REWlego: "Noooooo, never!" He smiles awkwardly
[4:15 PM] Mango: "Oh, leave him be, Sir Kazama."
[4:16 PM] AOMRocks20: "...well, if you must leave, I will just take Elwyn on the tour."
[4:17 PM] REWlego: Darn, I wanted to see the castle...
[4:17 PM] REWlego: "Uh, have fun!"
[4:19 PM] AOMRocks20: "...I'm afraid that's not possible. Come with us."
[4:19 PM] REWlego: what
[4:19 PM] REWlego: "Oh, well... as long as we go to the castle first...?"
[4:19 PM] REWlego: That way I can leave as soon as possible
[4:20 PM] AOMRocks20: "Of course." He turns to Elwyn, eyeing him coldly. He nods.
[4:21 PM] Mango: "Shall we go?" Elwyn returns the nod with a warm smile.
[4:21 PM] REWlego: "YES!"
[4:22 PM] AOMRocks20: Hrmph. He doesn't seem to want to admit it... I'll let him be, then. "Yes, yes! Off we go." He heads toward the castle.
[4:22 PM] Mango: Elwyn follows along on Michel.
[4:22 PM] REWlego: Leodin follows too closely behind Kazama
[4:24 PM] AOMRocks20: "...Leodin. Is there a problem?"
[4:25 PM] REWlego: "uh, nope! nothing wrong here!"
[4:25 PM] AOMRocks20: "Are you quite sure? Is there not something you wish to tell me?"
[4:26 PM] REWlego: Leodin whispers to Kazama: "I know what that "manakete fact war" was all about, okay?"
[4:26 PM] AOMRocks20: He raises an eyebrow, also whispering. "What would that be?"
[4:27 PM] REWlego: "Well... We all know about your ears, and neither of you were being very subtle."
[4:28 PM] AOMRocks20: "Leodin, what are you trying to say?"
[4:29 PM] REWlego: "Uhhhh nothing? I don't know what you're talking about!" Leodin quickly glances over his shoulder. "I think Elwyn thinks you're a manakete..."
[4:29 PM] AOMRocks20: "...he's correct. I'm surprised you two didn't realize sooner."
[4:31 PM] REWlego: "Wait.... It's true? I thought he was completely bananas, or he just wasn't sure."
[4:31 PM] AOMRocks20: Kazama speaks up. "Elwyn? How many manaketes would you say you've seen in your life?"
[4:31 PM] REWlego: Uh oh, what have I done?
[4:32 PM] REWlego: Leodin mouths "sorry" to Elwyn
[4:32 PM] Mango: Elwyn glared at Leodin.
[4:32 PM] Mango: "Absolutely none."
[4:32 PM] REWlego: oh crap
[4:33 PM] Mango: "If you yourself have anything to hide, it is not my business to pry."
[4:34 PM] AOMRocks20: "You'd be wrong, sir. I've nothing to hide. I am indeed a manakete."
[4:34 PM] REWlego: Leodin slows his pace untill he's standing next to Michel
[4:36 PM] REWlego: He whispers: "Yeah, he found out....ummm, all on his own...?"
[4:36 PM] AOMRocks20: "I was simply baffled at then fact you two haven't seen one, and wanted to see how far I could take it."
[4:37 PM] AOMRocks20: "What you say does baffle me, though. Are there truly no manaketes outside of this region?"
[4:37 PM] REWlego: "I was a sheltered kid, okay?"
[4:40 PM] Mango: "I haven't seen any in Nolore, and it looked like you were trying to hide the fact. So I didn't want to pry."
[4:41 PM] REWlego: "I was just following his lead" He points to Elwyn
[4:41 PM] AOMRocks20: "Oh, of course not. I was simply seeing how far it would go. But, yes. I am a fully-legitimate, fully-blooded manakete. Apologies for hiding the fact."
[4:42 PM] Mango: "No need to apologize. I just took the situation in the wrong way."
[4:43 PM] REWlego: Finally, they're fixing it...







No comments:

Post a Comment