Wednesday, June 22, 2016

1.2: Enjoying the River

Featuring: Marrok, Salveon

Marrok, a wolfskin manakete, and Salveon, husband to Freyzenwald's eldest princess Lunarea, sit alone at the side of the river. Salveon starts a small fire, and the two agree to share a meal together. Marrok reveals that he is a wolfskin, and Salveon talks about his journey from Asheland. As Marrok leaves, paying for his acquaintance's generosity with a blue dragon scael, he reminds Salveon of the upcoming election party.


Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok lays alone looking at the sky, his feet dipped into the nearby river. Here I am... Such a different place from where I grew up, but I have to get used to all this change if I am to protect the people. He holds one hand out infront of him, his Dragoncharm shining in the light. It truly is fascinating how this gem can turn me into a dragon on a whim.(edited)

Amasuro-06/22/2016

A cloaked figure arrives at the river with its hood up, some distance away from Marrok. It sits under a tree in silence.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok's nose twitches sligthly, the scent of the newcomer caught in the wind. Interesting... He quickly shuffles the charm back under his shirt and sits up, giving a quick glance around to try and garner anything about the stranger.

Amasuro-06/22/2016

The stranger senses Marrok's presence, but doesn't acknowledge him in the slightest. The hooded figure simply remains still, watching the river pass by.

Marrok-06/22/2016

He looks at the stranger for a moment before laying back down. The unknown scent fills his nose once again. No... I shouldn't, they're probably just enjoying the river like I am... He whines a little to himself before quickly standing up and starting to walk over to the stranger, his tail wagging slowly behind him.(edited)

Amasuro-06/22/2016

The stranger subtly glances at the curious beast, a slight smile on their face. Turning away from Marrok, the stranger reaches into a bag and takes out something small. Marrok might be able to barely see small sparks coming out from his hands.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok's ears twitch and his body tenses. That sound... is that flint striking..? He loosens up again and slows his approach to a more cautious pace. "Hi stranger! What have you got there?" He hollers out towards the cloaked individual.(edited)

Amasuro-06/22/2016

The stranger turns his head towards Marrok, revealing himself to be a male with dark brown hair reaching just slightly above his eyes, before looking back down to the flint in his hand. "...I was getting hungry." He spoke more to himself, before revealing the dagger in his hand, striking at the flint. Soon, a small spark falls and ignites a small pile of branches around the mans feet.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok watches as the flames ignite, the response making him feel better about the stranger. Something about this man gave him a feeling of familiarity... but he couldn't place it. "If you plan on eating, do you mind if I join you? I can pay my share if you would like." His own stomach grumbles, tail wagging faster as it does so.

Amasuro-06/22/2016

...Is that...a wolfskin? Wow, so they really do exist here... "...Sure." His voice is deep, and almost inaudible, as if he's trying to hide his joy at seeing a real beastkin for the first time in his life. The man tends to his fire, letting it grow slowly.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok is now next to the man. "I figure I should introduce myself before sharing a meal." Holding out his hand. "My name is Marrok, nice to meet you."

Amasuro-06/22/2016

The man sheaths his dagger, before lowering the grey hood of his cloak. He cautiously stares at the hand in front at him for a moment, before grasping it. "Salveon." He responded, smiling at Marrok. His eyes almost seemed to be curiously scanning the wolf.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok shakes his hand, eyeing the stranger up a bit himself. ... Salveon... I wonder if it's her... nah... can't be. "Nice to meet you Salveon." Marrok lets go before quickly sitting by the fire. Stretching out he puts his feet by the fire to dry. "So... did you come out here just to eat, or did you come out for another reason?"

Amasuro-06/22/2016

Salveon reaches into his bag, pulling out two large slabs of beef, along with a small grill. "Its...quiet out here." He speaks as he sets up his small, grilling fire place.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok's whole body perks up at the smell of the grilling beef, his mouth watering slightly. His tail wagging increases in speed. "Uhh... Salveon, can I have mine closer to rare please?

Amasuro-06/22/2016

He doesn't respond, continuing to grill the two slices of meat. He turns one over before the other and takes out a small pouch of spices from inside his cloak.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok looks at the meat, drooling slightly. His nose perks at the scent of the spices. "Hey Salveon, that pouch smells really nice. What's in it?"

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"...My special seasoning pouch. I...used to use a different one a while ago." He takes a sniff of the pouch before sprinkling the spices all over one slab of meat. As he places the pouch on his lap, he flips the second piece over. "...Going to try out this...new blend. Freyzenese spices are...interesting."

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marroks nose twitches at the aroma change, and he drools a little more. His tail now making an audible thump on the ground. "I agree, much different than anything I had growing up... wait... So are you not from around here Salveon?"

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"I'm not." He responds, before taking one of the slices off the grill. He plates it before handing it to Marrok. "Rare."

Marrok-06/22/2016

He takes the meat and looks at it for a minute, savouring the smell. "Thank you Salveon, this smells delicious." He begins to eat, delicious meat fully in his mouth, but he stops. "So... If you aren't from here, where are you from?"

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"...You ever heard of a continent named Ashelande before?" He removes the other slice of meat from the grill and plates it for himself.(edited)

Marrok-06/22/2016

He thinks back to what the strange girl had told him before. "The name rings a bell, but it's way too far for me to afford travel there. I've heard it's a much different place than here though." He continues to eat his steak, his tail calming down some.

Amasuro-06/22/2016

Salveon begins to eat his slice of meat, chewing quietly. "Its...very far away. I didn't expect it to be this far."

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok is almost done with his meal himself. Should I tell him about her..? I... Not yet. "What brings you all the way out here then Salveon? I imagine you left family behind when you came, a trip for more than one raises an outrageous price."

Amasuro-06/22/2016

Salveon is quiet for a second. "...My family..." He seems like wanted to say more on the subject, but stopped himself. "I came here with someone. A girl. She wanted to return to her homeland."

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok looks regretful for prying. He finishes the last of his steak, his tail now full stop. "I am truly sorry about your family, but this girl. You must really like her if you are willing to travel so far." This is definitely her brother... I can't tell him, not yet.

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"I wouldn't have married her if I didn't." A faint smile creeps onto Salveon's face.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok notices this and grins widely, his tail beginning to wag again. "See, that's the spirit! Look to the future, I'm sure it will all work out in the end."

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"...Yes. Now, if only I can get used to this...new lifestyle." He douses the fire with some river water, leaving small burn marks against the grass. "...I don't think she'd be happy I burned that."

Marrok-06/22/2016

"It is always strange adjusting to a new place, but if you truly love her it will not matter in the end." Marrok lays back on the ground, hands behind his head. As he does so his dragoncharm necklace pops out from under his shirt. "I won't tell anyone about the burn, nobody but us should notice... So how much do I owe you for the beef?"

Amasuro-06/22/2016

Salveon eyes the necklace, but doesn't recognize it or point it out. "Its on me, Marrok. Did you enjoy it?"

Marrok-06/22/2016

"It was delicious, but... I really must repay you somehow. That beef must have been expensive... Here, how about this." He rummages in his own nearby sack and pulls out a small blue scale, it shimmers in the light. "Have a dragon scale, very rare and worth a decent amount. Its the least I can do for such a fantastic meal."

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"I..." Salveon's eyes are startled, yet curious. He almost reaches a hand out before pulling it back again. "Where did you get this?"

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok grins widely and he sits up, his tail once again wagging at terminal velocity. "I was hoping you would ask, but I'll have to keep it my secret for now. Maybe I'll show you if we bump into each other again in the future."

Amasuro-06/22/2016

"..." Its so...pretty. I wonder if she'd want it. "...If you say so." Salveon reaches his hand out and takes the dragon scale, admiring it up close.

Marrok-06/22/2016

Marrok looks up at the sun and stands. "Well, it was nice meeting you Salveon. Thank you again for the steak, although I must be off. There will be a party in the near future and I must prepare for it. Hopefully I will see you again, and soon." He offers out his hand to shake farewell.

Amasuro-06/22/2016

Salveon takes his hand and shakes. Party? Oh...oh yeah, that party. ...I didn't have to do anything for that, did I? "See you again." Salveon spoke before taking his bag and walking off back towards the capital.
========================END RP========================

No comments:

Post a Comment