Sunday, October 23, 2016

89: Absolutely Frightening

Featuring: Kalenzo, Levia


October 23, 2016
[2:08 PM] Amasuro: She enjoyed the darkness. The confinement? Not quite so much. Sitting in her small jail cell underneath the tow of Yuki Jyorou, Levia rests her back against the damp stone walls, looking ideally around at her bleak surroundings for the twentieth time today. ...Hope brother still brings me along. I can't staaaaaaaand sitting here any longer. Ugh! ...It's kind of cold too.
[2:56 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Something akin to a conversation could be heard from somewhere closeby the cell. While the exchange was brief, someone like Levia could definitely interpret what the two voices were saying. "So, she's in one of these cells?" "Yes sir." "Am I allowed to see her myself?" "Of course." "Wonderful..." With that, the sound of footsteps could be heard coming towards the woman's cell. It was only a single pair of feet, but as they drew closer their slow and rhythmic sounds increased in volume and became more defined.
[3:15 PM] Amasuro: A visitor? Is it for me? ...Or is it going to one of those other savages in here? Levia sits up straight, her head turning curiously at the iron bars locking her cell in.
[3:25 PM] ColdToiletSeat: The footsteps started to become agonizingly slow until a familiar figure had stepped into the torchlight, his dull indigo colored cloak being the most visible. Kalenzo walked to the half-way point in the bars, first turning his head and then turning his body to face her. If my sources are correct, she's the one that thought she could kill me... She's the one that thought she could end my work... Oh, am I going to have some fun with this... The artist thought, the only change in his expression being the narrowing his eyes as he studied the darkness of the cell, trying to focus on the magic-wielder that dwelled within it.(edited)
[3:30 PM] Amasuro: ...? Oh, he stopped. For me, really? Aww, you shouldn't have. Levia looks at the shadowed figure standing in front of her cell, his silouette glowing from the dim torchlight surrounding the prison. "Hello?" She asks curiously at the figure staring at her.
[3:40 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hello." He answered firmly, remaining unmoving as he continued to stare at the woman once his eyes had adjusted to the absence of light. A particular sense of loathing began to develop the more he stared at her, an overarching sense of bitterness culminating within the air as he sat in silence, only a small distance from his would-be killer. "Do you know who I am?" Kalenzo asked, a slight tilt to his head as he began to question the lass. "Better yet- do you remember who I am?"(edited)
[3:43 PM] Amasuro: Levia simply shrugged. Her confused face barely visible in the dim light of the prison. "Iunno, am I supposed to know you?" The voice, I feel like I should remember it. But...I don't remember anyone that dresses like that. Seriously, this guy looks like a starving theatre actor or something. ...Actor? Actor...actor...actor... ...Mmgh, my head hurts.
[3:54 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo snickered at Levia's indifference, shaking his head before letting his head droop. "Heh, I suppose that's fair. Allow me to alleviate that concern..." He responded, turning around and walking towards one of the torches perched upon the walls. Grasping one, the artist began to backpedal, taking care to hide his face until the proper exchange would be carried out. "You know, I never really got a good look at you either, so I guess this will be a first for the both of us..." Kalenzo added, finally turning around and examining the woman with a deadpan expression.
[3:58 PM] Amasuro: Unmoving from her seated position against the wall, Levia could simply do nothing but follow her gaze along Kalenzo's movements. "...Uhh, nope. Still nothing. Though, you seem reeeeally sure that I am the person you know, so I suppose I should know you, right?" Levia leaned her head forwards slightly, squinting in an attempt to remember the stern artist in front of her. Suddenly, she gasped, "oh, I know! You must be a secret admirer of mine!"
[4:10 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo sat there for a moment, letting the light from the torch in his hands dance along his form. His expression remained still for the most part, his mind trying to make sense of the sheer ridiculousness in the statement. It finally clicked with him and he threw his head back, bursting out into a fit of laughter that had shattered his typically calm and collected guise. The bowman continued to laugh for the next minute or so before his seemingly incessant laughing had tapered off into a chuckle and he wiped away a tear that had developed in the corner of his eye. "Heheh... You're quite the comic, has anybody told you that?" The artist remarked, stroking the stubble around his grin before placing the same hand back on his hip. He cleared his throat. "Ah yes, you'd be right, I suppose, I don't remember the faces of those I've killed either."(edited)
[4:19 PM] Amasuro: Levia jumped at his laughter, startled by the mans change in attitude. Was it something she said? T-That wasn't a joke. Am I not pretty enough to have secret admirers? Hmph, he must be making fun of me. Levia thought, pouting as she did. "Not funny, I was being serious!" Levia spoke with mild annoyance in her voice, crossing her legs as she glared towards Kalenzo, "and what do you mean by not remembering faces you killed anyway? It is very easy to remember them if you're the one doing the killing!" I feel like I've heard that laugh before though, really! Urgh, thinking about this makes my head hurt. Is this guy here just to tease me...
[4:28 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, you really don't remember me? That's quite a shame..." Kalenzo commented, resting one of his hands against the iron bars of the cell as he hung his head in a feigned shame. "Are you suuuure you don't remember me?" He asked, lifting his head back up to give the girl a sorry looking pout. "Perhaps a closer look would help you... Why don't you come over here?"
[4:34 PM] Amasuro: "Huh? Oh, sure I guess." Levia spoke before standing up slowly. Accompanying her rising form is the quiet sound of a chain clanking behind her. Now standing completely, a noticible trail can now be seen following the ends of Levia's wrists down to the floor of the cell. Reflecting off the torch light was a single, metal chain linking a cuff sealing both of Levia's hands to the ground. Clinking forward, Levia takes a few cautious steps towards the artist, before her face stands just a feet or two away from the bars of the cell. Blinking several times, she continues to peer curiously at Kalenzo. "...Awgh, you're making my head hurt," she finally pouts angrily, stomping her feet, "can't you, like, just tell me who you are?"
[4:43 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, you really don't remember me? Back in the jungle... The bowman by the river..." Kalenzo began listing off, raising his eyebrows as he tilted his head and began leaning on the bars. "My laughter... and the screams of agony that followed it? Nothing?"
[4:47 PM] Amasuro: Levia blinked blankly a couple times, until her eyes suddenly went wide. Her mouth slowly opened, as her face lit up simutaniously. "...Oooooooooh my goooosh, it's you! Oh, oh, oh, I kneeeeew I heard that laughter from somewhere!" Levia beamed, happy with the memory clicking in her head. "But hey, I guess you survived that huh? I'm not really used to people surviving my Starfall, so I guess you can be real proud of that!"(edited)
[4:52 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "You're right, I did survive it and I should be proud..." Kalenzo nodded, his expression still neutral. He stood up, straightening his back, turning around and taking a few steps away from the cell before making his next question quite audible. "...But at what cost?"
[4:59 PM] Amasuro: "Uuuuuuuuuh, iunno, did you go partially blind or something? Might explain why you were squinting at me so hard earlier. 'Cause it sure looks like your limbs all work fine." Levia tilts her head at Kalenzo, confused by his statement. The jingle of metal sounding behind her as she shifts her hands around.
[5:06 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo turns around sharply, his hair settling down behind him as his expression slowly became more and more plastered with raw contempt for the woman as he stared at her. His eyes narrowed once more as he uttered two words. "Fifty. Arrows."
[5:12 PM] Amasuro: "Geeeeez, bowman, don't have such a scary expression. It doesn't suit you, y'know?" Levia took a step backwards, before leaning forwards slightly. "But yeeeeah, uhh, besides the whole launchin' arrows at you thing, we're totally good right? I mean you're alive, I think."
[5:20 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "No. We're not good." Kalenzo answered, anger starting to take over his tone. "Fifty is the number of arrows that I always keep in my quiver. After that little display you put on you made me fall into the river, I had almost died until someone had saved me." The artist stated, starting to take slowly paced steps towards the cell. "But you want to know what's worse than that?"
[5:22 PM] Amasuro: "...Oh. Umm...what is it?" The happier expression on her face turns slightly fearful as she takes another half step back.
[5:37 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Twenty. One. Arrows." Kalenzo spoke, taking a step closer with every word for effect before finally halting a step away from the iron barriers between the two. "Twenty one arrows I counted after being saved from that mess." He reiterated, an unsettling grin revealing itself on the man's face in the light of the torch. Kalenzo began to giggle a bit. "Heh... hehah... Twen-ty one!"(edited)
[7:07 PM] Amasuro: The girl took another half step backwards. "Hehe...hehehe?" Levia laughs along with Kalenzo for no reason, before stopping and immediately straightening at his next word. "Urk-! So, uh, you're upset because you...dropped the arrows from your...qui...ver?" She asks with extreme caution, "did you come here so I could buy you more?"
[7:32 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Hehahahah- Oh you made me do more than just drop my arrows... They washed away down the river! And I will never see them again!" Kalenzo exclaimed, being unusually giggly and euphoric for news that would be quite the upset for anybody else. "And those arrows... I had made them myself! I carved the wood, I fletched the feathers and I made sure to forge the arrowheads into perfection." Kalenzo added, wild eyes and a crazed grin plastered onto the artist's face as he grabbed one of the cell's bars and leaned closer. "All of my blood, all of my sweat and all of my tears that I poured into making each and every one of them. Gone! Like that! Whisked away by the current, never to be seen again!" Another bout of laughter escaped Kalenzo, this time with more of a familiar cackle. "Oh, isn't that feeling just wonderful?!"
[7:39 PM] Amasuro: Levia gulped, the imposing personality before her pushing her further and further back into the cell. Unfortunately for her, the cell wasn't very large, and Levia quickly found her hands touching the back walls of the cell. "Y-yeah, really wonderful! Ehaha...?" "I, umm, I guess you're kinda mad at me then...?"
[8:01 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Ahah... No need to worry, I'm not mad at you~" Kalenzo answered, standing up straight once more and letting go of the bar. His face resembled something of peace and serenity, the man's eyes closed and his smile as warm and inviting as the fire of the torch he held in his hands. "I'm not mad at all... I'm just absolutely FURIOUS!" The artist spoke whimsically before screaming, practically throwing himself against the iron of the cell as his visage became even more crazed. This time, with the addition of veins protruding from his neck and his eyes having the occasional twitch. The man's breathing was labored and irregular as he shook the door to the cell like an enraged beast.(edited)
[8:15 PM] Amasuro: "Eeyagh-!" Levia jumps startled, slamming her back against the cell wall by accident. Wincing momentarily from the pain, Levia's heart begins to race as she stared scared at the crazed man before her. His demeanor and posture flipping and warping in a way Levia never expected or anticipated. "D-don't, I-I'm sorry! We're both alive, right? All's well that ends well?" She shoots out quickly, her legs desperate to carry her somewhere that wasn't this cell. The metal clanging of the chain attached to her arm disagreed with that idea.
[8:34 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Oh, all will be well when I wrap my hands around your throat and choke you myself-" Kalenzo replied, speaking through clenched teeth as he reached his free arm into the cell, trying to grab at the terrified woman that desperately clung to the wall farthest away from the artist. "C'mere, what's fair is fair, is it not?! You had me within an inch of my life, I should be able to do the same!"(edited)
[8:45 PM] Amasuro: "Ah, but, but-! Hey, I spared your life! We were enemies, and I coulda' killed you, but I spared you! S-so, now you should s-spare me from your anger. Right? Right?!" Levia felt her body trembling before the monster in front of her. Usually, the anger from the families of the slain never bothered her significantly, as she was always equipped and prepared to defend herself if need be. Oftentimes, those who tried to threaten revenge against her were weak, insignificant, and usually just ended up getting killed along with their bretheren. But not this time. Without her weapon, without her friends or the family she had grown strong with, Levia felt completely alone and isolated. Trapped in this cell, where all she could do was watch. Her only friend now, were the cell bars between her and the artist.
[9:22 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Kalenzo continued to desperately try and claw at Levia, a few of his swipes coming dangerously close but to no avail. While he was unsuccessful in his attempts to exact revenge on the lass, her desperate pleas for mercy were music to his ears. The man's mind had been clouded with seething rage and raw resentment for the girl but the offers made had provided him with an idea. A moment of clarity came upon Kalenzo as he halted his assault on Levia's cell, sitting there with his arm thrust between the bars. Why should I exact my revenge now? Einar taught me better than that... It would be better for me to take my time with her, let the wound heal before making it even bigger next time... Kalenzo thought, his features starting to normalize as he drew his arm back out from the confines of the cell. After sitting there for a minute or two, the artist finally spoke. "You know, I suppose you're right. I'll spare you my anger... For now... But know this! I don't know how I will exact my revenge, and I don't know when. But there will be one thing for certain, I will make sure that you pay dearly for your actions."(edited)
[9:27 PM] Amasuro: Her breathing, still ragged as it flowed in and out of her mouth, began to calm slowly until Levia could no longer feel her heart beating against her chest. A riveting feeling, usually, but not in this case. Her heart didn't beat from excitement this time, but from fear. Once the artist calmed himself down back to his previous voice, Levia could still barely speak at him. All she could respond to his words, was a small nod.
[9:43 PM] ColdToiletSeat: Seeing the woman nod placed a smile on Kalenzo's face, the same smile he had used before screaming at her in his fit of rage. "Glad to hear that we'll be seeing things my way..." He added, having a slight tilt to his head as he continued to smile with narrowed eyes. Turning around, the man took a step before pausing and turning around for a final note on the matter. "One more thing, my name is Kalenzo. I just want to let you know that I'm so excited for all the fun we'll be having together. Only when the time for that comes, of course..."(edited)
[9:47 PM] Amasuro: Her stunned expression never wavered as she simply stood standing in place watching as the man turned. "L-Levia..." She quietly spoke towards the bowman in response to his words. H-he is...scarier than anyone I have ever...met before. Maybe I should have just killed him. ...Brother is probably far scarier than him if I did that now, though.
[10:08 PM] ColdToiletSeat: "Farewell for now... Levia." Kalenzo waved, repeating the woman's name as he turned around and walked over to perch the torch at it's usual place of rest. He let the name roll off of his tongue each time he repeated it before letting loose an ominous snicker. With the same smug grin on his face, the artist began walking towards the exit. Slipping his hands into the comforting pockets of his pants, the man started to whistle.
[10:12 PM] Amasuro: Levia slumped back down to the floor, seated back down as she continued to stare fearfully at the spot Kalenzo used to occupy before the man took off. Kalenzo. Kalenzo the bowman. ...I knew he would be an exciting man, but that was...a lot more than I ever wanted. Her moment of excitement over, the prison soon became quiet again. Nothing but the dim torchlight remained from her confrontation just minutes ago. ...Actually. I guess that was...kind of fun. In an absolutely freightening way... I wonder if he'll agree to fight me again one day.
[10:12 PM] Amasuro: ==End RP==



No comments:

Post a Comment