Friday, March 31, 2017

[Feb3] A Gift Horse

Featuring: Bedivere, Akira

March 31, 2017
[2:13 PM] jddaepicboss: Evening of the 3rd of February In the bar area of the Palazzo Scarlatto, an Ashelandian sits in a leather armchair sipping red wine from a fancy glass. He sighs at nothing in particular. Everything about this situation is...so beyond what he had expected...and defaulting to drowning his stresses is a lesson the cavalier learned in the Aros Manor. Is it healthy? ...no, but neither was being trapped in a field with a crazy woman and monsters. He could care less at this point. ...but hey, at least I'm part of the "Royal Guard" now. A fancy new title for the same job as before. A dry laugh precedes another sip of wine.
April 1, 2017
[3:35 PM] Psychic Loser: Akira arrived within the bar and took seat at the bar. It was odd, walking in, he felt a bitter nostalgia of his past. He was in no mood to drink, he simply wished to reflect.
[4:15 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere looks up and around the room, curious about who might be nearby. Strangers, posher strangers, the odd drunk stranger, and...that pegasus rider in the Royal Guard with him? Unfolding his legs, he stands up and strides over, nonchalantly carrying his wine glass over. "Hey! I don't believe we've been introduced. You're with Queen Luna, right?" He grimaces briefly, realising how overly casual he might sound, before deciding it probably doesn't matter and returning to a cheery expression.
[4:43 PM] Psychic Loser: "I am. Name's Akira." He responded.
[5:37 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere extends a hand in greeting out of politeness. "Bedivere Leifsson, but you can just call me Bedi. Nice to meet you, Akira!"
[6:37 PM] Psychic Loser: "Likewise." He answered back, accepting Bedivere's handshake. "So, mind if I ask what brought you here?"
[6:45 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere tilts the glass in his hand, liquid sloshing quietly, and takes a slightly theatrical drink from it. "Clearing my head and relaxing after that battle, and that's about it, really. We're in a top hotel after all; the people in the bar aren't particularly...fun."
[6:51 PM] Psychic Loser: "I used to do the same a few years ago." Akira said putting his hand to his chin.
[6:57 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere raises an eyebrow at his nostalgic tone, and chuckles. "And what made you stop? Got drunk and ended up in trouble, eheh?"
[7:01 PM] Psychic Loser: "Well, that certainly part of it. But, the major issue was that my habit brought my life to near self-destruction."
[7:09 PM] jddaepicboss: ...well, he's certainly a little ray of sunshine. Bedivere's cheeriness cuts off rather abruptly, Akira's statement having changed the mood somewhat. "Well...I suppose that's a good reason to stop. I don't intend to ever have anything like that happen to me, though. I save drowning my worries for...special occasions. Having a treacherous lunatic of a princess trying to kill me? I'd say I'm entitled to a drink or two after that."
April 2, 2017
[8:44 AM] Psychic Loser: "I suppose but, that's your choice. I know Ellis' betrayal was earth-shattering for some. I never knew her. I can't help but feel it's because of me that we're all going through this. It seems like anytime I do what I feel is right, it always goes wrong somewhere down the line."
[9:37 AM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere takes a seat at the bar beside him, and takes a curious, sweeping look up and down Akira. "I knew her a little, but...admittedly, I assumed better of her personality than I had ever really seen. And I assure you, this really isn't any of our separate faults. I know the feeling of beginning to think you're some kind of harbinger of disaster or something, but...it's never more than coincidence and bad luck." He downs the last of his drink and raises a hand to the bartender for another.(edited)
[10:42 AM] Psychic Loser: Akira looked down at his hands that were placed on the bar table. "I suppose... People tend to tell me I am a bit superstitious." He looked up at Bedivere. "I apologize for being a bit of a wet blanket. Tell you what," He tapped his hand on the bar table, drawing the bartender's attention "his drinks are on me."
[11:04 AM] jddaepicboss: Despite the fact he's well capable of paying himself, Bedivere decides not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and smiles. "Thanks! And don't worry about it, I think we're all wet blankets today." Upon receiving his drink, he swirls it around a little before taking a sip. "So, where d'you come from, Akira?"
[11:21 AM] Psychic Loser: "We were there not too long ago. Khlin. It's the best of places in the world." He answered in a sarcasticly.(edited)
[12:06 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere smirks knowingly. Despite his lack of knowledge of Amia, he's learned that Khlin isn't exactly a paradise, to say the least. He responds with sarcasm in equal measure. "Mm, I've heard so. Like heaven on earth. If you're curious, I hail from Mategaus in Ashelande, a foreign continent,"
[12:47 PM] Psychic Loser: "What's it like there?"
[1:01 PM] jddaepicboss: "Mategaus? It's lovely, at least near my area. There was a war across the majority of the continent a couple years back that I was a part of, but my homeland has remained going about life as usual for the most part. Only real problem is an excess of bandits, which is more of an Ashelandian thing than Mategaus."
[2:05 PM] Psychic Loser: "Better bandits than corruption."
[2:07 PM] jddaepicboss: "Yeah, from what little I've heard and seen of Khlinese nobility, they're not exactly the kind of people you want in power."
[2:23 PM] Psychic Loser: "Definitely. And I have the first-hand experience to back it up but, I'll spare you the rambling."
[2:42 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere shakes his head quickly, and waves the idea away as of swatting flies. "Oh no, I don't mind in the slightest! Not like I have anything else to be doing, is it?"
[3:25 PM] Psychic Loser: Akira let out a sigh and looked down at the table. "Well a few years ago, I used to keep a stable with the love of my life, a woman named Miki." He stopped himself. "Are you sure you want to hear this all?"
[3:35 PM] jddaepicboss: Noting a few...unpleasant similarities to his own story, the fact he uses past tense, and the fact the story obviously ends badly to his prior comments, Bedivere decides against his prior opinion, just in case. "...actually, perhaps it's best if we don't reflect on the past too much, yes. As tired as we may be, today is still a day to celebrate survival, so let's discuss this another day."
[3:53 PM] Psychic Loser: Sensing Bedivere's discomfort, Akira was glad he stopped himself when he did. "I agree. No use opening old wounds."
[3:58 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere nods silently, taking a long draught from his glass. "So! You're a pegasus rider, right? What's your mount's name?" ...where did that come from, Bed?
[4:01 PM] Psychic Loser: "Her name's Kaguya."
[4:02 PM] jddaepicboss: "Ah. Nice name. Any particular reason for it?"
[6:10 PM] Psychic Loser: He shrugged. "Not really. Though it fits because her feathers are as pale as the moon."
April 3, 2017
[1:33 PM] jddaepicboss: "Ooh, that's a nice enough one. Honestly, my horse's name was just...spontaneous, cause it sounded cool, ahah. I didn't honestly intend to keep Seth too long in the first place...and three years later, we're still together."
[2:53 PM] Psychic Loser: "I couldn't do that. I love animals too much to just leave them behind. And apparently, Pegasi are in their prime for a long time. It isn't too uncommon for a Pegasus to outlive the original rider. So, me and Kaguya are going to be together for a long time."(edited)
[3:08 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere nods, smiling in admiration of his attitude towards his pegasus. "Mm...Seth's still fairly young, so I'll have him a while longer too...though being in a war and then this whole thing...probably hasn't been great for his health. Hopefully the fella can just have an easy life after all of this..."
[3:18 PM] Psychic Loser: Akira's brow furrowed a bit in concern. "I've raised my fair share of horses. I could see how well he's fairing, if you'd like."
[3:23 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere replies defensively, a little too quickly. "With all due respect, I know how to treat my own horse. Maybe I didn't always, but I've learned. Seth's fine."
[3:29 PM] Psychic Loser: Akira smiled a bit and held up his hands in defence. "I get it. I get it. He's in your hands and your hands only. I understand."
[3:32 PM] jddaepicboss: Bedivere pauses, downs the rest of his wine, and sighs. "Sorry, I'm...just cranky. I might turn in for the night, in all honesty...staying here isn't doing me much good anymore." He stands, and turns to the pegasus rider. "Nice talking to you, Akira."
[3:45 PM] Psychic Loser: "Likewise, Bedi."
[3:48 PM] jddaepicboss: He gives a parting wave, turns and heads out of the bar, steps slow and arms slumping into pockets.
[3:48 PM] jddaepicboss: ==END RP==



No comments:

Post a Comment